Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

HARVARD SUCKS

Posted by Josh '99 
Current Page: 3 of 15
Re: HARVARD SUCKS
Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.dhcp.sffl.va.charter.com)
Date: November 16, 2007 06:57PM

video just came up on the sucks site for me.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2007 07:02PM

DisplacedCornellian
Blargh, I was hoping to avoid this--how's the picture? Is it worth risking that I'll forget to cancel next month?

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.caltech.edu)
Date: November 16, 2007 07:03PM

Section A Banshee
DisplacedCornellian
Blargh, I was hoping to avoid this--how's the picture? Is it worth risking that I'll forget to cancel next month?
You can cancel online right after tonight's game if you remember. The video is pretty decent quality for 6 bucks.

Posted by: Rita (---.dhcp.insightbb.com)
Date: November 16, 2007 07:04PM

Jacob '06
Section A Banshee
DisplacedCornellian
You can cancel online right after tonight's game if you remember. The video is pretty decent quality for 6 bucks.

At least keep it through tomorrow and "the game".

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.fifi.org)
Date: November 16, 2007 07:14PM

There, I said it. Better late than never.

Hello folks, from the Left Coast.

Well, I am no longer at Stanford....but still in Palo Alto.

Re: Harvard Crimson Pays Respects to Lynah East Faithful
Posted by: jca4e (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2007 10:40PM

RazzBaronZ
ugarte
Josh '99
Killer
Beeeej
redhair34
ugarte
Josh '99
kfish
From today's INCH ECAC hockey notebook:

Bench Minor

"The Harvard student paper is waving the white flag, and lamenting that the scheduling of Saturday's football game at Yale will prohibit many athletics-loving students from attending Friday's hockey game against Cornell, giving the Big Red fans an attendance advantage at Bright Hockey Center. Football game or not, it wouldn't matter."
I disagree with the choice of the word "prohibit".
I disagree with the word "many".

I disagree with the choice of the words "Bright Hockey Center."

I disagree with the choice of the word "students."

In Tucson,

Bill Clinton called and said he takes issue with the word "is". Said he had no problem with "sucks" though.
Party pooper. I was thinking that this was the best collaborative joke on eLF.

I disagree with the choice of the word "joke."
I disagree with the word "party"...or maybe not...

Posted by: saff678 (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 18, 2007 01:44AM

Apparently they're also just plain mean...

[www.thecrimson.com]

Posted by: sah67 (---.64.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: December 18, 2007 02:23AM

saff678

[www.thecrimson.com]

"The incident was reminiscent of the destruction of a nine-foot snow penis constructed by the crew team in Tercentenary Theatre in 2003. The phallus came tumbling down amid controversy about its construction."

<insert snarky remark about Harvard sports teams not being able to get it up>

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: December 18, 2007 08:36AM

One more reason why they don't get any fan support. Although, maybe for the next game, Eliot House residents will show up in force with "Harvard Sucks" signs.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: December 18, 2007 03:58PM

saff678

[www.thecrimson.com]
LOL. From the article:

“Apparently someone called [the Harvard police], and [the attackers] ran like the little pussies they are,” House resident Robert L. Kulwin ’08 wrote. “Too bad that while [their] 1200 [SAT score] was good enough to get them in here it [isn’t] good enough to get them a job after they leave.”
I'd like to imagine that Mr. Kulwin continued by saying "For most of us, it actually takes a parent who went to Harvard to both get us in here and get us a job after we leave. And real men don't run like little pussies when the police are coming, they get arrested and then call Daddy to bail them out."

They have a House named after one of our Goaltenders???
Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 18, 2007 10:47PM

uptouptoupto

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: December 19, 2007 12:11AM

“We were kind of upset about it because we’d seen the people working on it all day that day, and there were a bunch of people from Eliot helping out and it looked like it was really hard,”

I guess it was special because it was an actual, physical, non-abstract object created by Harvard students. MIT students were not reached for comment.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2007 12:14AM by RichH.

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 19, 2007 09:40AM

Question on the article... 1200 would be the aggregate SAT score for the entire Harvard team, right?

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: December 19, 2007 01:58PM

Give My Regards
Question on the article... 1200 would be the aggregate SAT score for the entire Harvard team, right?

Also are they referring to the good old fashioned SAT where the top score was 1600 like the good lord intended, or this new 2400 abomination?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Re: Big Red envy?
Posted by: oceanst41 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: January 10, 2008 08:26PM

Harvard alum and HE Commissioner Joe Bertagna plays in an over-50 league on a team called the Big Red.

I guess the Crimson was taken?

Re: Big Red envy?
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 10, 2008 09:16PM

Beaucoup gnashing of teeth on the "Harvard 2007 - 2008: the future is brightcrythread over on USCHO.banana

[board.uscho.com]

Re: HARVARD SUCKS_Love Story on TV
Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: February 07, 2008 12:57PM

Wow, this thread got buried.

For those of you who do not get the whole "Love Story" Cornell/Harvard thing, here is your chance to figure it out.

Turner Movie Classics is doing their annual 31 days of Oscar-nominated movies and they will be showing "Love Story" on Friday night 2/22 at 1:30 am (okay, technically Saturday 2/23 at 1:30 am EST).

Here is the TCM movie schedule.

They already showed my (and presumably Ugarte's?, or maybe not) favorite movie.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2008 02:31PM by Rita.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: February 07, 2008 01:48PM

Rita

For those of you who do not get the whole "Love Story" Cornell/Harvard thing, here is your chance to figure it out.

Turner Movie Classics is doing their annual 31 days of Oscar-nominated movies and they will be showing "Love Story" on Friday night 2/22 at 1:30 am (okay, technically Saturday 2/23 at 1:30 am EST).

They already showed my (and presumably Ugarte's) favorite movie.

Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama was nominated for an Oscar?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: February 07, 2008 02:20PM

Rita
Son-in-Law?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: February 07, 2008 02:38PM

Rita

Note that you only have to watch the first 20 minutes or so. After the game, nothing else happens.

Date: February 07, 2008 03:03PM

Trotsky
Rita

Note that you only have to watch the first 20 minutes or so. After the game, nothing else happens.

If you watch the rest of the movie and then, in a drunken stupor, rent Oliver's Story, then in the off season (and in between the political debates and musings over who is leaving early) we can discuss "What love really means" and whether Oliver dishonored Jenny's memory by falling in love with Candice Bergen. rolleyes

Yeah, it is a dreary, slow day here in hockey hell.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2008 03:03PM by Rita.

Posted by: sah67 (---.64.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: February 07, 2008 03:05PM

ugarte
Rita
Son-in-Law?

Biodome had far more artistic merit.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: February 07, 2008 06:07PM

Trotsky
Rita

It's more than 20 minutes?

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 07, 2008 06:34PM

Rita
If you watch the rest of the movie and then, in a drunken stupor, rent Oliver's Story, then in the off season (and in between the political debates and musings over who is leaving early) we can discuss "What love really means" and whether Oliver dishonored Jenny's memory by falling in love with Candice Bergen.

While watching try to determine which of Oliver's various character traits came from Al Gore and which came from Tommy Lee Jones.

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 07, 2008 08:55PM

KeithK
Trotsky
Rita

I watched it beginning to end senior year (I'm pretty sure we had this idea after leaving Intro to Wines), and well you do get to hear the theme song a few more times, which brings back mostly good memories.

Date: February 08, 2008 03:55PM

oceanst41
KeithK
Trotsky
Rita

I watched it beginning to end senior year (I'm pretty sure we had this idea after leaving Intro to Wines), and well you do get to hear the theme song a few more times, which brings back mostly good memories.

And once again, we see that there is only one conclusion possible...

HARVARD SUCKS!!!

QED
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2008 03:55PM by Killer.

Date: February 15, 2008 08:55AM

I'm going to the Quinnipiac-Harvard game on Saturday, taking my sister-in-law's family, including her 11-year-old, sports-crazed son, who requested we see a hockey game this weekend. Of course, I knew there would be tickets available for this one...duh!

Horror-of-horrors, though, I can actually see where Harvard winning could be to our benefit. But how can I possibly root for them? It goes against everything I've ever believed in and stood for. Aarrrggghhhh!!!

So, I call on all deities, hockey and otherwise, to please let the game be exciting, let them beat the snot out of each other, let Richter and Fisher get lit up all night, and in the waning minutes, let the ice open up and swallow them all.

Quinnipiac sucks, but Harvard Really Sucks!

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2008 09:16AM

Killer
Horror-of-horrors, though, I can actually see where Harvard winning could be to our benefit. But how can I possibly root for them? It goes against everything I've ever believed in and stood for. Aarrrggghhhh!!!

This is easy. You don't root FOR Harvard, you root AGAINST Quinnipiac. Yes, there's a difference.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: February 15, 2008 11:33AM

Give My Regards
Killer

This is easy. You don't root FOR Harvard, you root AGAINST Quinnipiac. Yes, there's a difference.
I think he had it right anyway with the beating [the snot out of each other] and the swallowing [by the ice].

[I wanted to type this without the bracketed words but I just couldn't bring myself to do it...]

Date: February 15, 2008 01:31PM

KeithK
[I wanted to type this without the bracketed words but I just couldn't bring myself to do it...]

Yeah, and then I'd be faced with the prospect of bringing an 11-year-old to an NC-17 hockey game.

Date: February 21, 2008 08:04PM

Rita

Bump: A reminder for people heading to the Nutmeg State to set their TIVOs/DVRs etc. to record this classic. ;-)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: February 27, 2008 08:41AM

It's not too early to start buying seafood...

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: February 28, 2008 09:14PM

Josh '99
It needed to be said.

The hell you say!

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Sucks Weekend
Posted by: Trigger (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 29, 2008 01:21PM

I have been doing this for years...but I think we need to drop that school's name from our vocabularies and simply go with "Sucks". This is sucks weekend. The sucks game is on Saturday. You should understand by now. That school's name should be used only when explaining the idea of "sucks" to an "outsider". And by outsider, I simply mean a normal person who is not rabid about a hockey team. Let's Go Red!

Re: Sucks Weekend
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 29, 2008 01:34PM

Trigger
I have been doing this for years...but I think we need to drop that school's name from our vocabularies and simply go with "Sucks". This is sucks weekend. The sucks game is on Saturday. You should understand by now. That school's name should be used only when explaining the idea of "sucks" to an "outsider". And by outsider, I simply mean a normal person who is not rabid about a hockey team. Let's Go Red!

At the risk of sounding like lynah80, I think that's stupid and makes the user of the term seem incredibly juvenile.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.allfirst.com)
Date: February 29, 2008 01:34PM

Sucks sucks sucks sucks.

Date: February 29, 2008 02:38PM

Chris '03
Trigger

At the risk of sounding like lynah80, I think that's stupid and makes the user of the term seem incredibly juvenile.
In the hockey context there's nothing wrong with juvenile.

Date: February 29, 2008 04:34PM

Chris '03
Trigger

Yeah, I've never cared for that idiom either. "Sucks" is not a noun. :-P

Sucks sucks
Date: February 29, 2008 05:06PM

jtwcornell91
Chris '03
Trigger

Yeah, I've never cared for that idiom either. "Sucks" is not a noun. :-P
Nouns can be verbed, why can't verbs be nouned?

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 01, 2008 04:14PM

Bumped for truth.

Posted by: Iwilldunkonyou (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 02, 2008 03:56PM

Harvard clearly does not suck.. Much better than the "Big Red"

Posted by: RazzBaronZ (146.203.126.---)
Date: March 02, 2008 05:28PM

I've been doing some research on the subject, and I have come to the conclusion that HARVARD SUCKS. That is all.

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.aere.iastate.edu)
Date: March 03, 2008 02:14PM

I'm surprised no one has posted anything about this [sports.yahoo.com] on here yet...unless it's for the other topics zone.

Edit: Yup, there's discussion here: [elf.elynah.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2008 02:15PM by Chris 02.

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: March 03, 2008 02:52PM

As INCH points out in their updated Power Rankings:

The Crimson are now 5-1-0 in their last six games against Cornell, including two wins at Lynah Rink on the Big Red's Senior Night to close the regular season.

Additionally, each of those games (including the win) were rather ugly performances by Cornell.

Next year would appear to be a critical one for the staff and program.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 03, 2008 03:05PM

As I pointed out in the postgame, these have been key games:

-2006 Senior Night, with 1st place ECAC and 1st place Ivy on the line
-2006 ECAC final
-2007 last game of the regular season, which capped a zero point weekend
-2008 season sweep by Harvard, including Senior Night with home ice on the line

ithacat
Next year would appear to be a critical one for the staff and program.

Agreed.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2008 06:49PM

ebilmes
As I pointed out in the postgame, these have been key games:

-2006 Senior Night, with 1st place ECAC and 1st place Ivy on the line
-2006 ECAC final
-2007 last game of the regular season, which capped a zero point weekend
-2008 season sweep by Harvard, including Senior Night with home ice on the line
They were simply blown out in the '06 final (and made up for it, IMHO, with their NCAA play of that year). In '07 they were sliding down a razor blade for the final month, so any given loss over that period was, sadly but not shockingly, the team playing to its real level.

But the two Senior Night losses... Those are the very games Schafer teams win. They do hurt, even for those of us who see the glass as always 90% full. They appear to be failures to get the job done when all the "intangibles" line up in the team's favor.

The season starts on Friday. If they wrangle a return to Albany when all's said and done, this season is a success. Otherwise, it's a placeholder putting one more year between them and the phenomena of the early decade.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2008 10:42PM

Bumpity Bump!

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2008 10:46PM

That was quick.

third time is the charm, right?

Date: March 16, 2008 10:47PM

I now know one way to get revenge for the senior night loss and harvard's first season series win in the Schafer era.

It's been 7 years since we met in the semis. If I remember correctly, David Francis was the hero last time.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2008 10:57PM

Rita
That was quick.

Worked against Union.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 16, 2008 11:08PM

Josh '99
Rita
That was quick.

Worked against Union.
With a bonus fourth time being equally charmed!

Date: March 17, 2008 12:09AM

Chris '03
I now know one way to get revenge for the senior night loss and harvard's first season series win in the Schafer era.

It's been 7 years since we met in the semis. If I remember correctly, David Francis was the hero last time.

YRC. Excuse the weird box; we are in the process of moving to a standard format.

Date: March 17, 2008 12:34AM

Trotsky
Chris '03

YRC. Excuse the weird box; we are in the process of moving to a standard format.

It was nice to light up Oli Jonas the day after he won the Dryden.

Date: March 17, 2008 12:39AM

Schafer is a Harvard magnet. This is his 11th PS game coached against Harvard (7-2-1) in 13 seasons*. Previously, Cornell played Harvard just 9 times (5-4-0) over 30+ seasons.

*In fact, Cornell has met Harvard in all but 4 of Schafer's post-seasons, which is remarkable.

9 (6-2) Harvard: 96, 97, 00, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 08
6 (5-1) Clarkson: 96, 97, 00, 04, 05, 06
4 (4-0) RPI: 97, 98, 02, 03
3 (1-2) Princeton: 98, 99, 01
2 (2-0) Colgate: 96, 06
2 (0-2) SLU: 00, 01
1 (1-0) Uni: 08
1 (1-0) Drt: 08
1 (0-1) Qpc: 07
1 (1-0) Ver: 05
1 (1-0) Brn: 03
1 (1-0) Yal: 02
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2008 12:43AM by Trotsky.

Date: March 17, 2008 12:51AM

Trotsky
Schafer is a Harvard magnet. This is his 11th PS game coached against Harvard (7-2-1) in 13 seasons*. Previously, Cornell played Harvard just 9 times (5-4-0) over 30+ seasons.

*In fact, Cornell has met Harvard in all but 4 of Schafer's post-seasons, which is remarkable.

Funny how he got to tick off the 2 teams he was missing this season. (Pun not originally intended)

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2008 12:57AM

RichH
Trotsky

Funny how he got to tick off the 2 teams he was missing this season. (Pun not originally intended)

I saw there where 12 teams there and was wondering who was left as the 13th, but then realized we can't play ourselves.

Posted by: Robb (---.gradacc.ox.ac.uk)
Date: March 17, 2008 03:54AM

Chris '03

From Trotsky's box score, looks to me more like Matt Underhill was the hero - 45 saves on 47 shots! Wow. That was back in the days before "Cornell Defense" meant something.

Date: March 17, 2008 07:03AM

Trotsky

I remember people noting in 1996 how unusual it was for Cornell to face Hahvahd in the ECAC Championship Game.

Date: March 17, 2008 08:08AM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky

I remember people noting in 1996 how unusual it was for Cornell to face Hahvahd in the ECAC Championship Game.

Back then, every time two Ivies had met in the ECAC Championship Game, it had included Cornell and Cornell had won. :-(

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2008 08:55AM

Robb
Chris '03

From Trotsky's box score, looks to me more like Matt Underhill was the hero - 45 saves on 47 shots! Wow. That was back in the days before "Cornell Defense" meant something.

You mean like last Sat PM? 43 shots, 41 saves.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.111.251.50.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: March 17, 2008 09:19AM

Hahvard sucks, and Stanford is an Ivy-wannabe. LGR!

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 17, 2008 12:21PM

Ben Rocky '04

Sounds like the "safety school" chant is more than appropriate for Anaheim.

Edit: And Harvard SUCKS!!!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2008 12:22PM by Jeff Hopkins '82.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: March 17, 2008 12:26PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Ben Rocky '04

But who do you think will be chanting it? Maybe all of the red-clad fans can get together and chant during the Marquette - Kentucky game.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 17, 2008 02:06PM

Ben Rocky '04
Stanford is an Ivy-wannabe. LGR!

Hey now, that seems unfair. Can't we all just enjoy two fine academic institutions engaging in a nice game of basketball?

Date: March 17, 2008 02:20PM

French Rage
Ben Rocky '04

Hey now, that seems unfair. Can't we all just enjoy two fine academic institutions engaging in a nice game of basketball?
No! :-P

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.111.251.50.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: March 17, 2008 02:54PM

KeithK
French Rage
Ben Rocky '04

No! :-P
Traitor! twak

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2008 02:59PM

I personally think we can chat "Safety School" in Albany in reference to the Stanford-Cornell basketball game the day before. Having worked at Stanford for nearly 8 years, I can honestly say that many Cardinal students can say that Harvard IS a safety school for them. **]

Oh, and Harvard still SUCKS, safety school or not.

Posted by: Swampy (---.219.128.131.dhcp.uri.edu)
Date: March 17, 2008 05:35PM

ugarte
Jeff Hopkins '82
Ben Rocky '04

But who do you think will be chanting it? Maybe all of the red-clad fans can get together and chant during the Marquette - Kentucky game.

Hey, some years ago I had dinner with a couple of professors in engineering at SU[cks?]. Somehow it came up that I had graduated from CU's Engineering school, and they said something like: "Wow, Cornell Engineering is brutal! We regularly have 5-12 students who transfer here from Cornell, and they all say the workload at Cornell is so much more intense." Now mind you, this doesn't necessarily mean students at CU learn more than at SUcks. However, depending on what you mean by "safety," the label may be apropos.

Date: March 17, 2008 07:58PM

Swampy
ugarte
Jeff Hopkins '82
Ben Rocky '04

Hey, some years ago I had dinner with a couple of professors in engineering at SU[cks?]. Somehow it came up that I had graduated from CU's Engineering school, and they said something like: "Wow, Cornell Engineering is brutal! We regularly have 5-12 students who transfer here from Cornell, and they all say the workload at Cornell is so much more intense." Now mind you, this doesn't necessarily mean students at CU learn more than at SUcks. However, depending on what you mean by "safety," the label may be apropos.
That's nothing. I knew a TA in Cornell's Engineering Physics department who'd gone to MIT undergrad. He said he was shocked to see how hard Cornell worked its undergrads.

Date: March 19, 2008 12:30PM

Bump.....twak

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: March 19, 2008 02:02PM

CU at Stanford
Bump.....twak

and grind.

Date: March 19, 2008 02:28PM

Roy 82
CU at Stanford
Bump.....twak

and grind.

and continue this roll we are on!

LGR!

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: March 19, 2008 02:49PM

Rita
Roy 82
CU at Stanford
Bump.....twak

and grind.

and continue this roll role we are on!

LGR!

FYP.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 19, 2008 05:17PM

RichH
Rita
Roy 82
CU at Stanford
Bump.....twak

and grind.

and continue this roll role we are on!

LGR!

FYP.

deadhorse

Date: November 16, 2008 06:28PM

What Josh said five years ago.

Time to end the current slide against Harvard. Four is too many.

Date: November 16, 2008 07:12PM

Chris '03
What Josh said five years ago.

Time to end the current slide against Harvard. Four One is too many.

Fixed it.

Posted by: BMac (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 17, 2008 11:01AM

It's beginning to smell like fishies....

Considering the number of toothpaste boxes we just had, we might be returning to the good old times of fish cascading over the boards.

Posted by: lynah80 (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 18, 2008 02:16AM

BMac

Considering the number of toothpaste boxes we just had, we might be returning to the good old times of fish cascading over the boards.

Jerk.

Date: November 18, 2008 02:25AM

lynah80
BMac

Jerk.

Typi...heyyyy, wait a minute. That's not snark.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2008 02:32AM by RichH.

Date: November 18, 2008 04:30PM

BMac

Hope so. We've had lean catches recently.

Date: November 18, 2008 11:17PM

Brown took the Crimson to OT tonight. Harvard 3 Brown 3.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 19, 2008 01:33AM

Unfortunately, no game disqualifications in the tie.

"Fight, fight, fight, fight!"

Date: November 19, 2008 02:04PM

Chris '03
Brown took the Crimson to OT tonight. Harvard 3 Brown 3.
Hmm. Can you say "looking past the opponent"? whistle

Date: November 19, 2008 02:06PM

Scersk '97
Unfortunately, no game disqualifications in the tie.

"Fight, fight, fight, fight!"
Looks like they tried at 9:45 of the third, but unfortunately nothing came of it.

Posted by: BMac (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2008 11:16PM

?? can someone explain this guy?

Doesn't seem like he's being facetious...

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 20, 2008 12:47AM

BMac
?? can someone explain this guy?

Doesn't seem like he's being facetious...

He doesn't throw fish, and that makes him a better person than you.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 20, 2008 09:23AM

Huge weekend for this year's team, playing the Blue Bloods from Beantown makes it all that much more important.

Date: November 20, 2008 01:26PM

French Rage

I don't throw fish, but it's because I'm too chicken and selfish to risk getting thrown out of a Harvard game over it. I think it's pretty clear that not throwing fish makes me a *worse* person! cry

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: November 20, 2008 02:15PM

Robb
French Rage

I don't throw fish, but it's because I'm too chicken and selfish to risk getting thrown out of a Harvard game over it. I think it's pretty clear that not throwing fish makes me a *worse* person! cry
Man, Scerzk is going to KILL you.

Date: November 21, 2008 02:28PM

It's five years later, but some things never change. For example, Harvard still sucks.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 21, 2008 02:57PM

Josh '99
It's five years later, but some things never change.

Except now that Harvard has a winning streak against Cornell the Harvard Crimson refers to Cornell as a Long-Time Rival. When we're winning they say Yale is their rival and that Harvard-Cornell games mean far more to us than them.

Posted by: Cornell11 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: November 21, 2008 03:05PM

I woke up really early and camped out for tickets to this game. Some people were waiting on-line from 5:00 AM to 10:00 AM. screw harvard

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: November 21, 2008 04:11PM

Harvard does indeed suck but so do last minute meetings that are going to last until 4:30pst... I wonder if I can sneak in a few quick peeks while other people are talking upto

Posted by: BMac (132.236.181.---)
Date: November 21, 2008 04:23PM

Ushers patrolling the rink for fish-hiders at 3:45pm for a 7pm game.... kinda suck too.

Poop.

Date: December 03, 2008 05:31PM

Harvard sucks, and is also now $8,000,000,000 poorer.

Date: December 03, 2008 07:13PM

Trotsky
I would find that funnier if it weren't likely that Cornell is also now poorer by a similar percentage.

Date: December 03, 2008 08:01PM

Josh '99
Trotsky
I would find that funnier if it weren't likely that Cornell is also now poorer by a similar percentage.
Yeah, but Harvard sucks!

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2008 01:39AM

KeithK
Josh '99
Trotsky
Yeah, but Harvard sucks!
Harvard does suck.

Date: December 04, 2008 09:30AM

Josh '99
Trotsky
Nah. Following a codicil inserted into the university charter by Ezra Cornell, our endowment is buried in a beet field just north of Mecklenberg.

Date: December 04, 2008 02:53PM

Bump...it needs to be said.

Also, I have my plane ticket and my game ticket for the Cornell-Sucks game in February. Valentine's Day in Allston...Isn't that romantic????

Hahvahd sucks.

Current Page: 3 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login