Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

HARVARD SUCKS

Posted by Josh '99 
Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: HARVARD SUCKS
Posted by: Robb (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2013 05:01PM

The gift that keeps on giving.

Why a reputedly intelligent employee of an academic institution feels entitled to any privacy at all on his employer-provided email accounts is beyond me, but settle in and pass the popcorn...

popcorn

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: March 11, 2013 05:21PM

Robb

Why a reputedly intelligent employee of an academic institution feels entitled to any privacy at all on his employer-provided email accounts is beyond me, but settle in and pass the popcorn...

popcorn

Well, if they violated this policy,

The faculty policy states that while the administration can search a Harvard faculty e-mail account as part of an internal investigation, it must notify the faculty member beforehand or soon after.

then I'd think they have a right to be upset. It seems that they're not upset about the search, but that it was done in secret. Who knows, but "secret police" in an academic institution is generally not looked favorably upon.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 11, 2013 05:31PM

Jim Hyla
Robb

popcorn

Well, if they violated this policy,

The faculty policy states that while the administration can search a Harvard faculty e-mail account as part of an internal investigation, it must notify the faculty member beforehand or soon after.

then I'd think they have a right to be upset. It seems that they're not upset about the search, but that it was done in secret. Who knows, but "secret police" in an academic institution is generally not looked favorably upon.

Pass the popcorn

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2013 09:07PM

Stuff like this is why every few hundred years the faculty and students should withdraw to another town and start a competing university.

Date: March 11, 2013 09:14PM

Trotsky
Stuff like this is why every few hundred years the faculty and students should withdraw to another town and start a competing university.
Leland, is that you?

Posted by: Swampy (---.219.128.131.dhcp.uri.edu)
Date: March 12, 2013 03:00PM

Robb
Trotsky
Leland, is that you?

Perhaps, but a better example is Bologna -> Padua. (Leonardo, is that you?) Damn Jesuits. And the Inquisition sucks!

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 12, 2013 03:27PM

Trotsky

How long until the new university also Sucks?

Date: March 12, 2013 03:47PM

nyc94
Trotsky

If Stanford's any indication, it can be immediate.

Date: March 12, 2013 03:49PM

Swampy
Robb
Trotsky
Leland, is that you?

Perhaps, but a better example is Bologna -> Padua. (Leonardo, is that you?) Damn Jesuits. And the Inquisition sucks!
I had Oxbridge in mind.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2013 04:40PM

Bill released Ryan Fitzpatrick. But he's still getting paid a ton.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-215-27.myvzw.com)
Date: March 12, 2013 04:50PM

nyc94
Trotsky

Yale?

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.28.---)
Date: March 12, 2013 04:56PM

Ronald '09
Bill released Ryan Fitzpatrick. But he's still getting paid a ton.

I wonder if that was the plan all along, or if the recorded phone call expedited his departure.

Date: March 12, 2013 05:57PM

Trotsky
Swampy
Robb
Trotsky
Leland, is that you?

I had Oxbridge in mind.
That was the first that came to my mind, too, but I figured I could get a better reaction out of you due to your Stanford connections. :)

Date: March 12, 2013 06:17PM

Robb
Trotsky
Swampy
Robb
Trotsky
Leland, is that you?

I had Oxbridge in mind.
That was the first that came to my mind, too, but I figured I could get a better reaction out of you due to your Stanford connections. :)
I have a loathing for Stanford that only attendance thereof could inspire. :)

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.mycingular.net)
Date: March 12, 2013 06:45PM

Trotsky
Robb
Trotsky
Swampy
Robb
Trotsky
Leland, is that you?

I had Oxbridge in mind.
I have a loathing for Stanford that only attendance thereof could inspire. :)
It's funny: I feel the same way about Cornell... except for the hockey team and the academic departments. So, come to think of it, it's really only the administration, bureaucracy, and trustees I hate.

Date: March 21, 2013 11:18PM

14 Harvard leading 3 New Mexico, 31-27, at halftime.

HARVARD SUCKS
Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2013 12:20AM

and so does New Mexico.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2013 12:20AM

Trotsky
14 Harvard leading 3 New Mexico, 31-27, at halftime.

Crap. New Mexico sucked more than Harvard tonight.

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2013 12:56AM

Damn would not be surprised to see Harvard make the Sweet 16. Harvard is going to be a force next year with Curry and Casey coming back from the cheating scandal and top 100 recruit Edosomwan coming in. Cornell's Sweet 16 run is a distance memory at this point

Date: March 22, 2013 01:02AM

phillysportsfan
Cornell's Sweet 16 run is a distance memory at this point

?

Not to me.

That's only going to happen once every 40 years or so. Far as I'm concerned, it becomes old news sometime around 2050.

Date: March 22, 2013 08:39AM

I hope Arizona beats them by 50.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 22, 2013 08:45AM

Jordan 04
Meh, I'm OK with them playing well. It helps the conference overall, and thus us. Having the Ivy get blown out makes prospects doubt the quality of play in the league.

Rising tide and all that.

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: March 22, 2013 09:53AM

Trotsky
Jordan 04
Meh, I'm OK with them playing well. It helps the conference overall, and thus us. Having the Ivy get blown out makes prospects doubt the quality of play in the league.

I can't root for Amaker even if I could bring myself to pull for Harvard in this type of situation. I was disappointed the committee didn't match Harvard with Michigan in the first round.

Posted by: kaelistus (69.38.150.---)
Date: March 22, 2013 09:57AM

I for one am really happy Harvard won...

My order of cheering:

Cornell
Ivy's not Harvard
ECAC teams (Hockey only)
Harvard
Other non-merit-scholarship schools
Closest school to my home in Boston
Special bottom exception for schools with no shame due to scandals or lack of graduation requirements (Duke, Kentucky, Notre Dame)

Date: March 22, 2013 09:59AM

Trotsky
Jordan 04

That's fair; Harvard playing well probably helps the conference.

Date: March 22, 2013 12:29PM

Jordan 04
Trotsky
Jordan 04

Yeah it helps the league that they won a game but I hope they dont get to the Sweet 16 so we keep that distinciton to ourselves. The only problem is if Amaker sticks around, if the other Ivies dont start adapting Harvard has the potential to really dominate the league. It is funny to hear the Penn/Princeton fans whine about this after they did that for the whole duration of the league

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: March 22, 2013 12:41PM

phillysportsfan
Jordan 04
Trotsky
Jordan 04

Yeah it helps the league that they won a game but I hope they dont get to the Sweet 16 so we keep that distinciton to ourselves. The only problem is if Amaker sticks around, if the other Ivies dont start adapting Harvard has the potential to really dominate the league. It is funny to hear the Penn/Princeton fans whine about this after they did that for the whole duration of the league

I was channel surfing last night so I didn't watch the Harvard - New Mexico game in its entirety. However, I heard waaaay too many times about how Harvard "relaxed" its admission standards to get better basketball players. Made me want to throw-up. I hope Arizona beats them by 60.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2013 01:09PM by Rita.

Posted by: Weder (---.austin.hp.com)
Date: March 22, 2013 01:05PM

Rita
phillysportsfan
Jordan 04
Trotsky
Jordan 04

I was channel surfing last night so I didn't want the Harvard - New Mexico game in its entirety. However, I heard waaaay too many times about how Harvard "relaxed" its admission standards to get better basketball players. Made me want to throw-up. I hope Arizona beats them by 60.

If Harvard is indeed skewing its AI numbers to benefit men's basketball, it will be interesting to see which other teams there take the hit. You're going to have to have a sparkling academic record to be on the sailing team.

Date: March 22, 2013 02:03PM

Weder
If Harvard is indeed skewing its AI numbers to benefit men's basketball, it will be interesting to see which other teams there take the hit. You're going to have to have a sparkling academic record to be on the sailing team.

I thought each team (or at least each sport, M + W) had to conform to the AI. So, for instance, you couldn't field a wrestling team of Joe Rockheads and balance it with giving everybody on the chess team an épée.

Date: March 22, 2013 02:09PM

Rita
I heard waaaay too many times about how Harvard "relaxed" its admission standards to get better basketball players.

Worked for Brown hockey in the early 90's. 1-21-0 in 1989, 13-7-2 by 1993.

Of course, once you admit them, you have to somehow keep them eligible.

Date: March 22, 2013 02:13PM

Trotsky
Rita
I heard waaaay too many times about how Harvard "relaxed" its admission standards to get better basketball players.

Worked for Brown hockey in the early 90's. 1-21-0 in 1989, 13-7-2 by 1993.

Of course, once you admit them, you have to somehow keep them eligible.

You just don't have them take that Government class called "Introduction to Congress".

Date: March 22, 2013 02:17PM

Submitted without comment.

OK, maybe one comment.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2013 02:20PM by Trotsky.

Date: March 22, 2013 02:57PM

Trotsky
Weder

I thought each team (or at least each sport, M + W) had to conform to the AI. So, for instance, you couldn't field a wrestling team of Joe Rockheads and balance it with giving everybody on the chess team an épée.

I have no source to quote but I was under the belief that only football was analyzed separately and that the rest of the athletes were looked at as one group so that yes, you could offset one team with other athletes.

Posted by: Weder (---.austin.hp.com)
Date: March 22, 2013 03:22PM

nyc94
Trotsky
Weder

I have no source to quote but I was under the belief that only football was analyzed separately and that the rest of the athletes were looked at as one group so that yes, you could offset one team with other athletes.

I thought the same thing. There is speculation on this USCHO thread about how some Ivies are handling AI issues.

Posted by: BMac (---.smartleaf.com)
Date: March 22, 2013 03:51PM

OK, this is amazing. The best part is that this will obviously get picked up by more prestigious publications because everyone loves making fun of Harvard.

Date: March 23, 2013 01:26PM

Weder
nyc94
Trotsky
Weder

I thought the same thing. There is speculation on this USCHO thread about how some Ivies are handling AI issues.

Yeah Harvard tends to bring in high AI kids to balance out their real recruits. Then they cut them freshman year, they have had 21 players get cut/leave the men's basketball program since 2008. The high AI kids get into Harvard when otherwise they would not have and the basketball team gets their recruits, everybody wins. I dont mind it, Cornell and the rest of the league should do the same.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2013 01:27PM by phillysportsfan.

Posted by: ugarte (38.96.141.---)
Date: March 23, 2013 01:30PM

phillysportsfan
Yeah Harvard tends to bring in high AI kids to balance out their real recruits. Then they cut them freshman year, they have had 21 players get cut/leave the men's basketball program since 2008. The high AI kids get into Harvard when otherwise they would not have and the basketball team gets their recruits, everybody wins. I dont mind it, Cornell and the rest of the league should do the same.
I'm trying to parse this:

Harvard brings in high AI kids (who would not meet Harvard's usual standards to sit at the end of the bench / get cut) along with low AI kids (who are farther from Harvard's standards but can actually play) as a way of gaming the system ... and you APPROVE!?

Date: March 23, 2013 01:42PM

ugarte
phillysportsfan

Harvard brings in high AI kids (who would not meet Harvard's usual standards to sit at the end of the bench / get cut) along with low AI kids (who are farther from Harvard's standards but can actually play) as a way of gaming the system ... and you APPROVE!?
That was my reaction. It's as if the perspective is that the AI is some niggling regulation that we should be trying to get around.

That's wrong. For one thing, the AI itself is a requirement the Ivies levy upon themselves; we can stop any time we want to.

But for the more important thing, the academic integrity the AI represents is waaaaaaaaaaaaay, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important than college athletics. I'd rather disband our athletic teams than wind up like an SEC school, or for that matter wind up like the functional equivalent of an SEC school with an extremely sophisticated PR department like Stanford or Duke.
Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2013 02:33PM by Trotsky.

Date: March 23, 2013 01:59PM

Trotsky
ugarte
phillysportsfan

That was my reaction. It's as if the perspective is that the AI is some niggling regulation that we should be trying to get around.

That's wrong. For one thing, the AI itself is a requirement the Ivies levy upon themselves; we can stop any time we want to.

But for the more important thing, the academic integrity the AI represents is waaaaaaaaaaaaay, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important than college athletics. I'd rather disban our athletic teams than wind up like an SEC school, or for that matter wind up like the functional equivalent of an SEC school with an extremely sophisticated PR department like Stanford or Duke.

Yes I approve, has Stanford really hurt the academic strength of the overall school by letting in ~100 kids out of 7000 undergrad students that would not get in otherwise? Bill Gates kid could probably not know how to read/write and Cornell would let them in for all the money Gates has donated. Would all the sons/daughters of big donors really get in if their parents had not donated a bunch of money?

I hate Harvard as much as the next Cornell fan but we shouldnt lower their accomplishment because they played some AI games since those low AI kids are still probably smarter and better students than the rest of the schools in the tournament
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2013 02:04PM by phillysportsfan.

Posted by: ugarte (38.96.141.---)
Date: March 23, 2013 03:02PM

phillysportsfan
Trotsky
ugarte
phillysportsfan

But for the more important thing, the academic integrity the AI represents is waaaaaaaaaaaaay, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important than college athletics. I'd rather disban our athletic teams than wind up like an SEC school, or for that matter wind up like the functional equivalent of an SEC school with an extremely sophisticated PR department like Stanford or Duke.

Yes I approve, has Stanford really hurt the academic strength of the overall school by letting in ~100 kids out of 7000 undergrad students that would not get in otherwise? Bill Gates kid could probably not know how to read/write and Cornell would let them in for all the money Gates has donated. Would all the sons/daughters of big donors really get in if their parents had not donated a bunch of money?

I hate Harvard as much as the next Cornell fan but we shouldnt lower their accomplishment because they played some AI games since those low AI kids are still probably smarter and better students than the rest of the schools in the tournament
At least admitting Gates' kid is net-profitable. I'd be stunned if the athletic department as a whole is in the black.

Root for professional sports. The players are better at sports and you don't have to feel conflicted about the money at all. If you are going to root for college sports you should care about what the school you are rooting for stands for more than winning.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 23, 2013 04:32PM

ugarte
phillysportsfan
Trotsky
ugarte
phillysportsfan

At least admitting Gates' kid is net-profitable. I'd be stunned if the athletic department as a whole is in the black.

Root for professional sports. The players are better at sports and you don't have to feel conflicted about the money at all. If you are going to root for college sports you should care about what the school you are rooting for stands for more than winning.

What he said! +1

Date: March 23, 2013 06:41PM

Jordan 04

It's like 25-7 or something with about 7:00 to go first half.

Edit: 40-22 at the half
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2013 07:11PM by nyc94.

Date: March 23, 2013 06:55PM

[www.bostonglobe.com]

You cant make this up, Harvard stripped of quiz bowl titles after student stole questions
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2013 06:56PM by phillysportsfan.

Date: March 23, 2013 08:18PM

nyc94
Jordan 04

Not 50 pt, but losing by 23 pts does put you in the woodshed. Final: AZ 74 - Harvard 51.

Posted by: Ben (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 23, 2013 10:58PM

Rita
nyc94
Jordan 04

Not 50 pt, but losing by 23 pts does put you in the woodshed. Final: AZ 74 - Harvard 51.
Order is restored in the universe.

Posted by: Killer (---.tjxcos.com)
Date: July 15, 2013 03:33PM

It's the middle of July, 90+ friggin' degrees this week in Boston, Harvard's 3 fans are at their parents' house on Nantucket, and the new fan (class of '17) hasn't arrived on campus yet. Shouldn't they be putting Lynah East tickets on sale about now?

Date: July 16, 2013 07:13AM

Killer
It's the middle of July, 90+ friggin' degrees this week in Boston, Harvard's 3 fans are at their parents' house on Nantucket, and the new fan (class of '17) hasn't arrived on campus yet. Shouldn't they be putting Lynah East tickets on sale about now?

Even as we speak their servants are queueing in line for the tickets. Who says that Sucks fans are not serious about their mens ice dancing team.

Date: July 16, 2013 10:42AM

Killer

All Harvard's students are hockey fans. Their problem is only one is admitted per seat sold and the rest copied their tickets.

Posted by: marty (---.albyny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 16, 2013 10:57AM

Trotsky
Killer

All Harvard's students are hockey fans. Their problem is only one is admitted per seat sold and the rest copied their tickets.

Section A ?

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: July 16, 2013 12:28PM

marty
Trotsky
Killer

Section A ?

Section A+

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: July 16, 2013 04:17PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
marty
Trotsky
Killer

Section A ?

Section A+

Why did the +1 button go away?

Posted by: dbilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: July 17, 2013 11:34AM

I just got an email from the Harvard ticket office telling me that football tickets are now on sale. Can hockey tickets be far behind?

Posted by: tretiak (---.sb.sd.cox.net)
Date: July 18, 2013 02:42AM

[cen.acs.org]

Grad school: University sanctioned hazing!

Date: July 18, 2013 11:55AM

tretiak
[cen.acs.org]

No. University sanctioned slave labor.

And if it's anything like what happened when a cousin of mine sued Harvard for unfair labor practices, all records pertinent to the case will be destroyed in a mysterious fire in the records department. flipd

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: July 18, 2013 01:44PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
tretiak
[cen.acs.org]

No. University sanctioned slave labor.

And if it's anything like what happened when a cousin of mine sued Harvard for unfair labor practices, all records pertinent to the case will be destroyed in a mysterious fire in the records department. flipd
Oh please. Yes, grad students do not receive much in the way of monetary compensation. But that's because of the educational/accreditation benefits, which can be quite valuable. My degree may not have put me way ahead in dollars earned but it's gotten me a hell of a lot of professional freedom, which has definitely been worth it.

This guy actually got royalties for his work, which makes it very far from slave labor If I patented something at my current job I'd get a nice certificate and a tiny cash gift, not a percentage of royalties. Did he get cheated out of a fair share of the royalties? Or coerced to take an unfair share? There's no way to know from the information available in the article.

Harvard still sucks, of course.

Posted by: Cornell95 (153.103.234.---)
Date: July 19, 2013 11:05AM

last year tickets went on sale Sept 5
it has moved around a bit over the last few years though

The game at Lynah East is January 17th this coming season
(was a Fall game last season I think, and previously was around Valentines Day for many years)

Date: August 01, 2013 07:26AM

From ECAC article on Harvard's schedule:

Men’s season tickets will go on sale August 12 and individual game tickets will be available September 4.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 01, 2013 11:19AM

Jim Hyla
From ECAC article on Harvard's schedule:

Men’s season tickets will go on sale August 12 and individual game tickets will be available September 4.
One day before Boston Symphony individual concert tickets. And we will be "at sea."

Date: August 12, 2013 01:06PM

Just got that e-mail saying that single game tickets go on sale September 4th. How nice of them to make our game not just "Premium," at $20 prior to gameday, but "Premium Plus," along with the Yale game, so they can charge $25.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 12, 2013 02:52PM

Killer
Just got that e-mail saying that single game tickets go on sale September 4th. How nice of them to make our game not just "Premium," at $20 prior to gameday, but "Premium Plus," along with the Yale game, so they can charge $25.
Sounds like pricing tier inflation to me.

Date: August 13, 2013 12:19PM

Josh '99
Killer
Sounds like pricing tier inflation to me.

Let's call it "Institutional Profiling" and see if that can stop it.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 14, 2013 07:32AM

Harvard Hockey - Brought to you by the Lynah Faithful

or

Our fans don't care so we have to appeal to Yale and Cornell for money

or

Perhaps at the game we could organize a "Pass The Hat for Harvard" - What would you put in it?

Date: August 14, 2013 09:54AM

Towerroad
Perhaps at the game we could organize a "Pass The Hat for Harvard"

We already did that.

Date: August 14, 2013 06:32PM

Trotsky
Towerroad
Perhaps at the game we could organize a "Pass The Hat for Harvard"

We already did that.

I think we could fill it with B's and C's they seem in very short supply

Date: August 14, 2013 11:28PM

If I were a betting woman, I would bet Gerry Helper, Predators vice president of hockey communications and public relations, is a Harvard grad and interned in the Athletics Marketing Department.

Nashville Predators to keep the Red out

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: August 15, 2013 02:57PM

Rita
If I were a betting woman, I would bet Gerry Helper, Predators vice president of hockey communications and public relations, is a Harvard grad and interned in the Athletics Marketing Department.

Predators president and CEO Sean Henry
And [for the pre-sale] only those in the zip codes that we unlock can buy the Blackhawk game and a second game.

So this is basically the institutionalized equivalent of not answering the phone when caller ID shows a 607 area code... asshole

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: August 16, 2013 07:04AM

jtwcornell91
Rita

Predators president and CEO Sean Henry
And [for the pre-sale] only those in the zip codes that we unlock can buy the Blackhawk game and a second game.

So this is basically the institutionalized equivalent of not answering the phone when caller ID shows a 607 area code... asshole

Sure sounds like a business opportuity for a local ticket broker to me.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 16, 2013 03:05PM

^^ hedge fund genius! whistle

Posted by: Cornell95 (153.103.233.---)
Date: August 19, 2013 03:17PM

Killer

Dont they mean the $20 Cum Laude tickets and $25 Summa Cum Laude tickets?
No wait, for that to be the case they would have to gouge at least 50% of the visiting teams...

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 04, 2013 09:09AM

Single game lynah east tix on sale now- get em while they last...

Re: HARVARD SUCKS - Tickets
Date: September 04, 2013 09:12AM

Lest anyone forgot, today is the day the tickets go on sale. Looks like they're going fast, so I guess most people are on top of this. I grabbed some in section 20, and checking back a few minutes later, there's a lot less availability.

Of course, if history repeats itself, after today's rush there will probably be some mysterious release of more tickets down the road, but you never know.

LGR!!!

Posted by: dbilmes (72.10.101.---)
Date: September 04, 2013 09:21AM

I just bought some in a corner section. I went on the site a few minutes after nine and not many were available. Some were disappearing as I tried to buy them.

Posted by: ChipJ (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 04, 2013 09:59AM

Standing Room only is now all that is available.

Date: September 04, 2013 12:47PM

ChipJ
Standing Room only is now all that is available.

Which is what some of us with seats may be doing anyway.

Date: September 06, 2013 05:47PM

A profile on Harvard's Class of 2018... Class of Cheats.

Posted by: ChipJ (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 06, 2013 11:40PM

Yes, how true!

Posted by: madAgaskar07 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 07, 2013 08:19PM

I received my 14 tickets in the mail yesterday. (OK, I received 8 and my wife received 6.) Of course, I live a quarter mile from the Yahd. YMMV, but I assume that anyone who bought them online should be receiving them soon.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr1.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: September 08, 2013 12:18PM

Mine came as well. Now the trick is not to misplace them in the next 4 months.

Date: September 11, 2013 09:17PM

The Hyphen is at the Florida Panther camp auditioning for one of their goalie position. I gather it is kind of a position of need considering that Florida has inquired about Tim Thomas.

Date: September 12, 2013 08:39AM

Rita
The Hyphen is at the Florida Panther camp auditioning for one of their goalie position. I gather it is kind of a position of need considering that Florida has inquired about Tim Thomas.

From DG-M's wikipedia page:

"Dov has played in the World Jewish Championships in Israel twice, in 2007 and 2009"

BTW, that would be a great goalie pairing. I'm sure Tim Thomas has some interesting ideas about the Levant.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 13, 2013 11:01AM

Killer
Mine came as well. Now the trick is not to misplace them in the next 4 months.
Put them in an envelope and safety pin the envelope to whatever piece of Cornell apparel you're going to wear to the game!

Posted by: jkahn (---.bobbroadband.com)
Date: September 13, 2013 03:52PM

I guess some guys can't even get the easy A's:
[www.bloomberg.com]

Date: September 13, 2013 04:50PM

jkahn
I guess some guys can't even get the easy A's:
[www.bloomberg.com]

The Harvard basketball team’s score for 2011-2012 alone was 925, which might put its NCAA eligibility at risk, according to the athletic association. Currently, teams must keep their four-year average above 900 or their average for the most recent two years above 930 to remain eligible, according to the athletic association. However, the eligibility limit for four-year scores will increase to 930 next year.

Columbia University’s team had the Ivy League’s second-lowest four-year rate for basketball at 981, and Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, led with a perfect four-year average of 1,000.

CBSSports.com ranked Harvard 21st among college basketball teams in its April preseason predictions for the 2013-2014 season. The university has announced plans to build a new basketball arena in Allston, across the Charles River from the main campus in Cambridge.

Date: September 16, 2013 03:20PM

Trotsky
Rita

From DG-M's wikipedia page:

"Dov has played in the World Jewish Championships in Israel twice, in 2007 and 2009"

BTW, that would be a great goalie pairing. I'm sure Tim Thomas has some interesting ideas about the Levant.

Well, Thomas can share them with the Panthers during water breaks.

Date: September 26, 2013 09:03PM

Rita

The inquiry period has ended. Tim Thomas is now a Panther.

The Hyphen was assigned to San Antonio of the AHL.

The Panthers have a new owner. I hope his second order of business (Thomas was the first) will be reducing the parking rates at the BB&T arena. $15-$20 to park at the edge of a swamp? Really?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 22, 2013 07:44PM

Bright is no longer alone.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 22, 2013 08:18PM

They misspelled "Lynah." Typical Harvard.

Date: October 23, 2013 07:27AM

RichH

+1

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: October 24, 2013 12:35PM

Jim Hyla
RichH

+1

I am a bit confused. Are there 2 rinks at Sucks? I know of only one, perhaps that is why they have no fans, they are going to the wrong arena.

Equally curious among all the upgrades there is no mention of expanded seating. I guess when you only sell out one game a year that is not a priority.

Posted by: RichH (134.223.116.---)
Date: October 24, 2013 01:44PM

Towerroad
Jim Hyla
RichH

+1

I am a bit confused. Are there 2 rinks at Sucks? I know of only one, perhaps that is why they have no fans, they are going to the wrong arena.

Equally curious among all the upgrades there is no mention of expanded seating. I guess when you only sell out one game a year that is not a priority.

Yeah, it sounds like the addition is going to fill in that alleyway between the rink and the indoor track building. My guess is that locker rooms, offices, & facilities will be downstairs with some sort of concourse with space for food vendors, restrooms, and what I'm sure will be a private club hospitality room for all 6 of their jerk fans.

Date: October 24, 2013 03:59PM

RichH
Yeah, it sounds like the addition is going to fill in that alleyway between the rink and the indoor track building. My guess is that locker rooms, offices, & facilities will be downstairs with some sort of concourse with space for food vendors, restrooms, and what I'm sure will be a private club hospitality room for all 6 of their jerk fans.

They need somewhere to park their BU equerries during the game.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2013 04:00PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 24, 2013 04:00PM

RichH
Towerroad
Jim Hyla
RichH

+1

I wonder if they'll switch home and away sides? It would seem like the logical thing to do.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: October 24, 2013 04:16PM

Jim Hyla
RichH
Towerroad
Jim Hyla
RichH

+1

I wonder if they'll switch home and away sides? It would seem like the logical thing to do.

I agree, along with a broad causeway from the club rooms to the Sucks viewing area. No need for seats, both fans will be carried in Sedan Chairs by their servants.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 01, 2013 12:05PM

Josh '99
It needed to be said.
It's been ten years and Harvard sucks just as much as ever.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 01, 2013 08:05PM

Josh '99
Josh '99
It needed to be said.
Awesome: The fifteen minutes of fame lasts ten years and counting.

Posted by: MattShaf (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 01, 2013 09:35PM

Will any CU fans be going to the Sucks v Yale game at MSG on Jam 11?
It is possible that there might be more CU fans at this game than either Harvard or Yale alumni.

Matt Shafiroff

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 02, 2013 12:19PM

billhoward
Josh '99
Josh '99
It needed to be said.
Awesome: The fifteen minutes of fame lasts ten years and counting.
"fame" seems like a serious overstatement in this case. :-D

Date: December 03, 2013 07:57PM

Posted by: Towerroad (---.public.wayport.net)
Date: December 04, 2013 05:02PM

I love the part where the Prof who is complaining admits he gives mostly A's too but then tells the students the real grade they earned in private.

Everybody gets a trophy and graduates magna-cum-laude-my-shit-does-not-stink at Sucks!

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2013 09:12PM

One thousand posts, and

HARVARD STILL SUCKS!

Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login