Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

HARVARD SUCKS

Posted by Josh '99 
Current Page: 11 of 15
Re: HARVARD SUCKS
Posted by: cth95 (---.sub-70-192-1.myvzw.com)
Date: December 09, 2013 10:51PM

I'm surprised no one posted this piece on grade inflation yet:

[www.cnn.com]

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: December 10, 2013 07:30AM

cth95

[www.cnn.com]

Missed this post?

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com) [ PM ]
Date: December 03, 2013 07:57PM

Harvard grades still inflated.

Re: HARVARD SUCKS (BU, too)
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 10, 2013 08:00AM

Joel Trachtenberg, ex-BU dean, cnn.com writer
In the mid-1970s, when I was a dean at Boston University, there were rumors that a certain professor was indiscriminately awarding a final grade of A to all his students. That was unusual back then when most professors graded on the bell curve and only a handful of the best students received an A. Some actually failed and most received grades of B or C.

But in the case of this particular professor everybody got an A. As a test, I surreptitiously enrolled a fictitious student into the roster of his next class. This "nobody" never came to class, never wrote a term paper and never took an exam. At the end of the semester the mysterious student received an A.

That led to a discussion with the professor. In a tone of righteous indignation he claimed I had overstepped my bounds to play such a trick on him. With righteous indignation I claimed that he had underperformed as a professor by acting in a reckless manner, grading his students with careless abandonment. Steam came out of both our ears. I believed his actions were a mark of failure in academic responsibility.
This sounds like the beginning of the reign of John Silber as president, or the precursor.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2013 08:01AM by billhoward.

Posted by: marty (---.albyny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 10, 2013 12:08PM

Jim Hyla
cth95

[www.cnn.com]

Missed this post?

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com) [ PM ]
Date: December 03, 2013 07:57PM

Harvard grades still inflated.

In the name of evidence based sillyness, I offer this in support of our friends at RPI and Princeton. And for those who poke around this site, I remember seeing a less than flattering graph of grading trending upward at our dear old Cornell.

Finally something to bet on at RPI

Posted by: Weder (---.austin.hp.com)
Date: December 10, 2013 03:14PM

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 10, 2013 03:17PM

A-? WTF?

edit: OK, I tried it again and got an A.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2013 03:28PM by nyc94.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.rev.ipax.at)
Date: December 11, 2013 12:52PM

billhoward
In the mid-1970s, when I was a dean at Boston University, there were rumors that a certain professor was indiscriminately awarding a final grade of A to all his students. That was unusual back then when most professors graded on the bell curve and only a handful of the best students received an A. Some actually failed and most received grades of B or C.

But in the case of this particular professor everybody got an A. As a test, I surreptitiously enrolled a fictitious student into the roster of his next class. This "nobody" never came to class, never wrote a term paper and never took an exam. At the end of the semester the mysterious student received an A.

That led to a discussion with the professor. In a tone of righteous indignation he claimed I had overstepped my bounds to play such a trick on him. With righteous indignation I claimed that he had underperformed as a professor by acting in a reckless manner, grading his students with careless abandonment. Steam came out of both our ears. I believed his actions were a mark of failure in academic responsibility.
This sounds like the beginning of the reign of John Silber as president, or the precursor.

OK, FWIW, during my Co-op summer, I took a public speaking course. I found out that . Toward the end of the course we also found out the professor was leaving Cornell, and he had decided to give all of the full-time Cornell students A's, and the high-school summer students B's.

OTOH, one of my ChemE professors graded his summer session course on a conventional curve which usually wasn't done. The co-op program was limited to the top half of the Engineering class. Because of that, the Engineering professors usually curved to a higher average grade to compensate for the fact that the lower half of the class wasn't there to balance the mean. It was the only B-minus I ever got in ChemE.

So I guess it averaged out.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: December 11, 2013 01:45PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
billhoward

OK, FWIW, during my Co-op summer, I took a public speaking course. I found out that . Toward the end of the course we also found out the professor was leaving Cornell, and he had decided to give all of the full-time Cornell students A's, and the high-school summer students B's.

OTOH, one of my ChemE professors graded his summer session course on a conventional curve which usually wasn't done. The co-op program was limited to the top half of the Engineering class. Because of that, the Engineering professors usually curved to a higher average grade to compensate for the fact that the lower half of the class wasn't there to balance the mean. It was the only B-minus I ever got in ChemE.

So I guess it averaged out.

In high school, a physics teacher would curve his tests based on how smart he thought you were. I once got a 60 that turned into an 85, while the girl next to me got a 65 that turned into an 80.

Best part is that she was smarter than me.

Posted by: kaelistus (69.38.150.---)
Date: December 11, 2013 02:51PM

Dafatone
In high school, a physics teacher would curve his tests based on how smart he thought you were. I once got a 60 that turned into an 85, while the girl next to me got a 65 that turned into an 80.

Best part is that she was smarter than me.

I'm quite surprised this did not turn into a full on discrimination lawsuit.

Posted by: jtn27 (---.dyn.columbia.edu)
Date: December 15, 2013 02:04PM

Give me an A (plus with garlands)!
[www.nytimes.com]

Date: December 16, 2013 01:19PM

Hoax bomb threat at Harvard disrupts exams.

[www.cnn.com]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: December 16, 2013 01:42PM

Have I gone mad or aren't exams at Harvard in January? IIRC their students were always bitching (reasonably) that being out a couple weeks prior to the end of the terms was senseless and led to cramming, additional beatings of servants, bloviations about the Burden of Privilege over Christmas dinner, etc.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2013 01:44PM by Trotsky.

Date: December 16, 2013 01:49PM

Trotsky
Have I gone mad or aren't exams at Harvard in January? IIRC their students were always bitching (reasonably) that being out a couple weeks prior to the end of the terms was senseless and led to cramming, additional beatings of servants, bloviations about the Burden of Privilege over Christmas dinner, etc.

They changed their schedule a few years ago.
edit: 2009 according to [www.latimes.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2013 01:53PM by nyc94.

Date: December 16, 2013 05:00PM

nyc94
Trotsky

They changed their schedule a few years ago.
edit: 2009 according to [www.latimes.com]

I guess that means you have gone mad.

Date: December 16, 2013 05:02PM

nyc94
Hoax bomb threat at Harvard disrupts exams.

[www.cnn.com]

CNN
Students' instructions for what to do about missed exams, such as whether and when to retake them, appeared to vary by class. Instructors for a set of science classes told their students that they could take their exams Monday night or in February, or skip the test and accept a grade based on work done so far, the Harvard Crimson reported.

Why would anyone take the final, if they'll get an A anyway?

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 16, 2013 10:08PM

Jim Hyla

To get an A with garlands of course. But then most students have their valets & lady's maids take the exams for them.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: December 17, 2013 11:16AM

Swampy
Jim Hyla

To get an A with garlands of course. But then most students have their valets & lady's maids take the exams for them.

A "Zero Value Add" process is a decision point where the decision maker always makes the same decision. If the decision is always the same then there is no value to the decision:

If the Grade is always an A then it follows logically:

1. There is no reason for tests, homework, or finals as they have confer no value in the grading process

2. If there is no reason for tests, homework or finals then there is really no reason to attend class.

3. If there is no reason for class then there is really no reason for Harvard to exist.

4. If there is no reason for Harvard to exist. The it and the the great void are indistinguishable.

5. Since it is clear that the Great Void represents the absence of any matter then by the transitive property, Harvard represents the absence of any matter.

6. The Absence of any matter may be considered a perfect vacuum. And as we all know, a perfect vacuum will suck in anything around it.

7. Therefore be it know that by indisputable logic, it can be shown that HARVARD SUCKS! (of course this was obvious to all of us already)

QED

Posted by: Robb (134.223.230.---)
Date: December 17, 2013 01:22PM

There's clearly no reason for Harvard to exist. There IS a reason for the Harvard admissions office to exist, however - someone still has to decide who is worthy of a Harvard diploma and goodness knows it isn't the professors. Tear down the rest and just let them send out diplomas in lieu of admissions letters.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: December 17, 2013 02:44PM

Towerroad
Swampy
Jim Hyla

A "Zero Value Add" process is a decision point where the decision maker always makes the same decision. If the decision is always the same then there is no value to the decision:

If the Grade is always an A then it follows logically:

1. There is no reason for tests, homework, or finals as they have confer no value in the grading process

2. If there is no reason for tests, homework or finals then there is really no reason to attend class.

3. If there is no reason for class then there is really no reason for Harvard to exist.

4. If there is no reason for Harvard to exist. The it and the the great void are indistinguishable.

5. Since it is clear that the Great Void represents the absence of any matter then by the transitive property, Harvard represents the absence of any matter.

6. The Absence of any matter may be considered a perfect vacuum. And as we all know, a perfect vacuum will suck in anything around it.

7. Therefore be it know that by indisputable logic, it can be shown that HARVARD SUCKS! (of course this was obvious to all of us already)

QED

+1

Date: December 17, 2013 11:26PM

Robb
There's clearly no reason for Harvard to exist. There IS a reason for the Harvard admissions office to exist, however - someone still has to decide who is worthy of a Harvard diploma and goodness knows it isn't the professors. Tear down the rest and just let them send out diplomas in lieu of admissions letters.

A Harvard of MOOCs?

Posted by: WillR (---.static.netvigator.com)
Date: December 18, 2013 01:13AM

And the police have arrested the culprit, as expected it was a student trying to avoid exams. Agent affidavit

Date: December 19, 2013 05:27PM

This has to be a joke. Someone posted a Craigslist ad to hire someone to attend Harvard as him.

[www.theatlantic.com]

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: January 07, 2014 03:12PM

So I'm guessing the January 11 Harvard vs. Yale "Rivalry on Ice" isn't selling tickets quite as reliably as Red Hot Hockey has four times:

[www.livingsocial.com]

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 07, 2014 03:15PM

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (112.172.30.---)
Date: January 07, 2014 03:20PM

In other news: the sun came up.

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 07, 2014 10:35PM

Jeff Hopkins '82

In other news: the sun came up.

I was surprised at the original ($31) price. I assumed the CU-BU game ($72 for section 200, I think) was because the cost of the venue was so high, but perhaps not...

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 08, 2014 09:38PM

Actually, if you check the Garden Box office site, there are only sparse single seats available except in high end zone sections. Unless these are all scalpers and VIP freebies, it's going to be a lot bigger crowd than I ever anticipated.

Re: HARVARD SUCKS - Seattle blocks 49ers fans from ticket access
Date: January 13, 2014 01:40AM

Seahawks to block 49ers fans in California from buying tickets

Associated Press
SEATTLE -- If you live in California, you might find it hard to buy tickets to watch next Sunday's NFC Championship game in Seattle. That's because the Seahawks' website will not sell tickets to buyers with billing addresses in the Golden State.... The team's website states "tickets will be available to fans with a billing address in WA, OR, MT, ID, AK, HI and the Canadian provinces of British Columbia and Alberta." People who live elsewhere can buy tickets through secondary vendors like NFL Ticket Exchange and StubHub

Date: January 13, 2014 05:55PM

Via ECAC NHL.com article on "Harvard's Donato hopes for return to NCAA tourney".

Now in his 10th season as the coach at Harvard, the 1992 Olympian has seen some highs and lows in molding the Crimson into a hardworking, competitive squad.

In his first two seasons, Donato led Harvard to its first back-to-back 20-win seasons in more than a decade. He remains the only Harvard coach to take the Crimson to the NCAA tournament in his first two seasons.

Donato is hoping to turn things around and get his team back to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2006.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 14, 2014 03:52PM

Jim Hyla

Donato is hoping to turn things around and get his team back to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2006.

Teddy is not the answer!

Date: January 14, 2014 05:28PM

Scersk '97
Jim Hyla

Teddy is not the answer!
I think I glossed over that when I read Jim's post. They haven't been to the tournament since 2006? Wow. Mazz got them into the tournament three times in five seasons in charge, largely with his own recruits after missing out on the tournament in his first two years after taking over for Tomassoni. Donato got them into the tournament his first two years, largely with inherited players, and hasn't in the seven seasons since. It's amazing the legnth of a leash being an alum who had a middling NHL career will get you.

Makes me all the more appreciative of what we have in Schafer.

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: January 14, 2014 05:42PM

Josh '99
Scersk '97
Jim Hyla

... It's amazing the legnth of a leash being an alum who had a middling NHL career will get you....

The resurgent hoops program probably has something to do with that too. Though Yale's national title had to sting up there.

Date: January 14, 2014 05:53PM

Chris '03
Josh '99
Scersk '97
Jim Hyla

... It's amazing the legnth of a leash being an alum who had a middling NHL career will get you....
The resurgent hoops program probably has something to do with that too. Though Yale's national title had to sting up there.
Hurts a little down Ithaca-way, too.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 14, 2014 07:21PM

Josh '99
It's amazing the legnth of a leash being an alum who had a middling NHL career will get you.

That and Cleary lurves him, plus any Boston area product has a lifetime of hyperventilation in the Boston area.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 31, 2014 10:00AM

Ted Donato's son Ryan has committed to Harvard, per Heisenberg. There had been speculation on the Harvard USCHO thread that he might be headed to BC instead. He is, supposedly, a stud, but we all know how Harvard prospects, particularly legacies, display grade inflation.

If nothing else it could get tricky if Teddy gets fired. The three or four alums who take time from defrauding their clients to care have been grunting for that bald pate on a pike.

Date: January 31, 2014 05:07PM

Trotsky
Ted Donato's son Ryan has committed to Harvard, per Heisenberg. There had been speculation on the Harvard USCHO thread that he might be headed to BC instead. He is, supposedly, a stud, but we all know how Harvard prospects, particularly legacies, display grade inflation.

If nothing else it could get tricky if Teddy gets fired. The three or four alums who take time from defrauding their clients to care have been grunting for that bald pate on a pike.

Clearly, you do not understand, he is the best coach in all of hockey, after all he coaches at Harvard. QED.

He recently received a review and guess what grade he got?

Date: February 03, 2014 01:29PM

The quest for a fourth consecutive Beanpot consolation win begins tonight at 5 pm. Northeastern is 33 PWR slots higher than Harvard so the Crimson actually have an excuse this year.

Posted by: RichH (134.223.116.---)
Date: February 03, 2014 05:19PM

Trotsky
The quest for a fourth consecutive Beanpot consolation win begins tonight at 5 pm. Northeastern is 33 PWR slots higher than Harvard so the Crimson actually have an excuse this year.

1993. A newborn baby at the time Harvard last celebrated a championship in this four-team tournament could be watching today's game legally in a bar.

Posted by: Cornell95 (---.sub-70-192-25.myvzw.com)
Date: February 03, 2014 05:50PM

after 1 period Sucks already trails Northeastern 2-0 and failed to do much of anything during a 5min major PP

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: February 03, 2014 06:07PM

Cornell95
after 1 period Sucks already trails Northeastern 2-0 and failed to do much of anything during a 5min major PP
In other news, the sun rose in the east this morning.

Date: February 03, 2014 06:21PM

Camera in locker room showed Ted Donato's completely uninspiring speech to team, trailing 2-0. They then went out and immediately gave up another goal, then another. Now it's 4-0. Announcers at one time pointed out that there were 30+ minutes of penalty time with only 23 minutes of time elapsed in the game. Lotta laughs.

Date: February 03, 2014 06:29PM

RichH
Trotsky

1993. A newborn baby at the time Harvard last celebrated a championship in this four-team tournament could be watching today's game legally in a bar.

Three title game appearances since.

Date: February 03, 2014 07:07PM

Best quote on USCHO Beanpot Live Updates:

Brian Sullivan@SullivanHockey

"Everybody gets up for these games" -Steve Nazro.

Sure, everybody but Harvard

It's 5-0 now.

Date: February 03, 2014 07:45PM

It's over 6-0. NU 3/10 PP, HU 0/7 76 min penalties.

Date: February 04, 2014 06:42AM

CHN's article: Another Lost Year at Beanpot for Harvard.

Donato has distant memories of the last time the Crimson won the tournament; he was a player. His record in the Beanpot is 5-13, and a nightmarish 1-9 in the opening round.

USCHO's: Does Northeastern finally have the stuff of Beanpot champions? Read more: [www.uscho.com]

At the other end, the Northeastern penalty killers stopped all seven Harvard power plays, limiting the Crimson to only two total man-advantage shots.

Most notably, the Huskies killed a first-period, five-minute major in a manner so thorough that it had to take much of the wind out of Harvard’s sails. The Crimson managed only a single shot during the five minutes and spent much of the time outside of the offensive zone.

Read more: [www.uscho.com]

Date: February 04, 2014 08:24AM

Jim Hyla
CHN's article: Another Lost Year at Beanpot for Harvard.

Donato has distant memories of the last time the Crimson won the tournament; he was a player.

That doesn't sound right. Harvard last won in 1993. Donato graduated in 1991. He was on their 1989 team that won the Beanpot.

Posted by: cbuckser (---.tmodns.net)
Date: February 04, 2014 11:20AM

My enjoyment of the Beanpot Tournament increased exponentially after I stopped rooting for Harvard and began just ridiculing the Crimson.

Posted by: Robb (134.223.230.---)
Date: February 04, 2014 02:26PM

cbuckser
My enjoyment of the Beanpot Tournament increased exponentially after I stopped rooting for Harvard and began just ridiculing the Crimson.
Frontrunner!

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 07, 2014 08:24PM

Harvard has other problems.

Date: February 07, 2014 11:17PM

Once they resumed... they resumed:

DAR-3 Jesse Beamish (5-GRASPING THE FACEMASK)	14:07 
 DAR-4 Jesse Beamish (10-Game Misconduct)	14:07 
 DAR-5 Jesse Beamish (2-Roughing)	        14:07 
 DAR-6 Geoff Ferguson (2-Roughing) HAR 1x3	14:07 
 HAR-4 Kevin Guiltinan (5-Contact to the Head)	14:07 
 HAR-5 Kevin Guiltinan (10-Disqualification)	14:07 
 HAR-6 Sean Malone (2-Roughing)         	14:07 
 HAR-7 Max Everson (2-High-Sticking) DAR 0x4	18:49 
 DAR-7 Brandon McNally (2-Roughing)	        19:17 
 DAR-8 Grant Opperman (10-Misconduct)	        19:17 
 HAR-8 David Valek (2-Roughing)                 19:17

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2014 11:19PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (24.229.69.---)
Date: February 08, 2014 01:02PM

Trotsky
Once they resumed... they resumed:

DAR-3 Jesse Beamish (5-GRASPING THE FACEMASK)	14:07 
 DAR-4 Jesse Beamish (10-Game Misconduct)	14:07 
 DAR-5 Jesse Beamish (2-Roughing)	        14:07 
 DAR-6 Geoff Ferguson (2-Roughing) HAR 1x3	14:07 
 HAR-4 Kevin Guiltinan (5-Contact to the Head)	14:07 
 HAR-5 Kevin Guiltinan (10-Disqualification)	14:07 
 HAR-6 Sean Malone (2-Roughing)         	14:07 
 HAR-7 Max Everson (2-High-Sticking) DAR 0x4	18:49 
 DAR-7 Brandon McNally (2-Roughing)	        19:17 
 DAR-8 Grant Opperman (10-Misconduct)	        19:17 
 HAR-8 David Valek (2-Roughing)                 19:17

Did they shake hands? popcorn
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 01:03PM by Jeff Hopkins '82.

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.dynamic.sonic.net)
Date: February 08, 2014 03:02PM

Last night was the second straight game in which Kevin Guiltinan received a major penalty. He was called for kneeing in the waning minutes of the Beanpot semifinal blowout. Although he didn't take a penalty against Cornell, he lost his composure once.

I suspect he has an anger-management problem.

Date: February 08, 2014 03:16PM

cbuckser
Last night was the second straight game in which Kevin Guiltinan received a major penalty. He was called for kneeing in the waning minutes of the Beanpot semifinal blowout. Although he didn't take a penalty against Cornell, he lost his composure once.

I suspect he has an anger-management problem.

Looking at the archive on ILDN, I played back his big hit (that precipitated all the penalties) in slo-mo and it looked to me like a legitimate but very hard hit with the impact being Guiltanen's shoulder to the Dartmouth players upper chest. Guiltanen's penalty was for being too tall.

Date: February 10, 2014 07:03PM

Harvard consoles themselves again.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 01, 2014 02:25AM

We're two-plus hours into game day, and this was buried on the second page of threads. Sorry, but somebody had to bump this to where it belongs today.

Posted by: capswon (---.hrbgpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 01, 2014 03:21PM

Cant help but think the schedular for the USPHL is a Sucks grad. We had every intention of attending the game tonight, but now that my son is playing in a USPHL playoff game at Merrimack we cant make it. I want to believe that this is totally random.......however. Harvard Sucks.

Posted by: gatefan (---.36.3p.ntebredband.no)
Date: March 01, 2014 05:01PM

Which one of you did it?

Date: March 01, 2014 06:50PM

gatefan
Which one of you did it?
Time travel? I'm guessing Whelan.

Date: March 11, 2014 02:39PM

According to the Harvard thread on USCHO, their prospect Trevor Fidler just decommitted. He is a '95 forward and teammate of Beau Starrett on the USPHL South Shore Kings.

Date: March 13, 2014 01:48PM

ICANN may soon approve ".sucks" for use as a domain name registration. I wonder how much it would cost to preregister "harvard.sucks".

Posted by: ugarte (207.239.110.---)
Date: March 13, 2014 03:53PM

Josh '99
ICANN may soon approve ".sucks" for use as a domain name registration. I wonder how much it would cost to preregister "harvard.sucks".
whatever harvard is willing to pay for it to keep it out of your hands

Date: March 13, 2014 03:54PM

Josh '99

Let me know. i might be willing to contribute. crazy

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 13, 2014 04:17PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Josh '99

Let me know. i might be willing to contribute. crazy

And I'm quite sure he wouldn't be the only one.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: scoop85 (173.84.100.---)
Date: March 18, 2014 11:50AM

More trouble for Teddie: Arguably Harvard's top two recruits for next year, Brandon Fortunato and Adam Plan, apparently have decommitted. According to posters on USCHO, for Fortunato at least it may have been a problem getting through admissions.

Date: March 18, 2014 12:31PM

scoop85
More trouble for Teddie: Arguably Harvard's top two recruits for next year, Brandon Fortunato and Adam Plan, apparently have decommitted. According to posters on USCHO, for Fortunato at least it may have been a problem getting through admissions.
Yikes. I guess this tests the expression "I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy."

BTW, thus far I have only seen that as a statement by one USCHO poster, with a couple guesses (with no confirmation) by others. The players are still listed on Heisenberg as Harvard recruits.

Also, WTF is up with Heisenberg's host server? Half the time it comes up as if it's being operated out of the Tzahal underground bunker.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2014 01:33PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: scoop85 (173.84.100.---)
Date: March 18, 2014 01:49PM

Trotsky
scoop85
Yikes. I guess this tests the expression "I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy."

BTW, thus far I have only seen that as a statement by one USCHO poster, with a couple guesses (with no confirmation) by others. The players are still listed on Heisenberg as Harvard recruits.

Also, WTF is up with Heisenberg's host server? Half the time it comes up as if it's being operated out of the Tzahal underground bunker.

I don't have the links handy, but the decommitments were from some seemingly authoritative sources on Twitter as well.

Date: March 18, 2014 02:22PM

scoop85
Un-Fortunato-ly for Harvard, it seems like things aren't going according to the Plan.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted by: BMac (72.22.181.---)
Date: March 26, 2014 11:09AM

Harvard continues to suck

[www.thecrimson.com]

Date: March 26, 2014 11:19AM

Given to Houghton in June 1954 by the wife of John B. Stetson, the small book—approximately three by six inches—sports gold trim. Its binding features a greenish-gold hue as well as visible pores.

So, basically, a Harvard underclassman.

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 26, 2014 01:51PM

BMac

[www.thecrimson.com]

Jesus God -- you need to include a "Do Not Read While Eating" warning when you link to something like that.

Date: March 26, 2014 01:58PM

Give My Regards
BMac

[www.thecrimson.com]

Jesus God -- you need to include a "Do Not Read While Eating" warning when you link to something like that.

Too Thin Skinned?

Posted by: BMac (72.22.181.---)
Date: March 26, 2014 02:57PM

... you forgot the CSI gif...

Date: March 26, 2014 03:06PM

Every time I see a post to this during the off-season I'm going to think, "they finally fired Teddy."

Posted by: marty (---.albyny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 26, 2014 03:30PM

Trotsky
Every time I see a post to this during the off-season I'm going to think, "they finally fired Teddy."

But that wouldn't suck for them, though it might for the rest of the league.

Date: March 26, 2014 04:12PM

Trotsky

He whom the gods would punish first they grant their wishes

Date: April 02, 2014 03:49PM

scoop85
The third shoe has dropped. Trevor Fidler either decommitted or didn't get in, depending on whom you listen to, but he will not be taking his talents to Alston.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: April 02, 2014 05:40PM

Trotsky
scoop85
The third shoe has dropped. Trevor Fidler either decommitted or didn't get in, depending on whom you listen to, but he will not be taking his talents to Alston.

That's too bad. I heard that he was expected to be a straight A student.

Date: April 02, 2014 07:21PM

marty
That's too bad. I heard that he was expected to be a straight A student.
So, below average?

Date: April 30, 2014 11:29AM

Harvard USCHO thread now reporting that another top Harvard prospect, Jeremy Bracco, has decommitted. If the other reports are correct that means four of their best have now split. I suppose there is a hypothetical number where we start feeling bad for them.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: April 30, 2014 11:35AM

Trotsky
Harvard USCHO thread now reporting that another top Harvard prospect, Jeremy Bracco, has decommitted. If the other reports are correct that means four of their best have now split. I suppose there is a hypothetical number where we start feeling bad for them.

Assistant Coach also split, he is now at BU.

Date: April 30, 2014 11:55AM

Trotsky

Nope.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: April 30, 2014 12:39PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky

Nope.

There are some rivals/hated teams where, if they're not any good, it feels like something's lost. I hate Duke basketball about as much as any red-blooded American, but watching them flounder over the past few years has stolen just a bit of the fun of watching them lose (I know, they won it all like five years ago, what am I even talking about).

But Harvard? No. If they never scored another goal again, I'd never get sick of watching them get shut out.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.28.---)
Date: April 30, 2014 01:30PM

Trotsky

I dunno... If this group of top recruits could have lifted Harvard to a national championship, that would have been really good for Cornell.

Date: April 30, 2014 01:50PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky

Nope.
I think I'd feel bad if it got to the point where they lost so many players that they couldn't field a team at all.

I mean, for us. I'd feel bad for us because we couldn't take over their rink every year. Not for them, because fuck them.

Date: April 30, 2014 02:26PM

Josh '99
Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky

Nope.
I think I'd feel bad if it got to the point where they lost so many players that they couldn't field a team at all.

I mean, for us. I'd feel bad for us because we couldn't take over their rink every year. Not for them, because fuck them.

I have a lot of sympathy for every sucks player that has gotten a B in the last 10 years.

Date: April 30, 2014 09:38PM

Towerroad
Josh '99
Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky

Nope.

I have a lot of sympathy for every sucks player that has gotten a B in the last 10 years.

Name one!

Date: April 30, 2014 10:38PM

Trotsky
8 perhaps. Laid on its side.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: April 30, 2014 11:06PM

Posted by: Towerroad (---.sub-70-196-70.myvzw.com)
Date: May 01, 2014 07:19AM

Swampy
Towerroad
Josh '99
Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky

Nope.

Name one!

Precisely.

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 01, 2014 07:47AM

Towerroad
Swampy
Towerroad
Josh '99
Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky

Nope.

Name one!

Precisely.

Ah, would that be J. Whittington Precisely III, scion of whatever families it would be appropriate to say "scion" about?

Posted by: Towerroad (---.sub-70-196-70.myvzw.com)
Date: May 01, 2014 10:05AM

J Whittington was in fact the last student at Harvard to receive a B. Born in 1903 and after barely leaving the Andover Academy he matriculated in 1924 at the age of 21. It is rumored that during his tenure there is no reported sighting of his ever entering an academic building. The Brothels and Bars of Cambridge were another story. Barely sober a day while a student he made his big academic mistake by actually turning in a paper. It was not JW's semi literate style that caused trouble but rather his contention that "Publik educatshun is gud." That earned him the wrath of his tutors.

News of this stunning achievement spread like wildfire. While he was shunned in some circles others pointed to his performance as solid evidence that meritocracy was the rule of the day.

Whitington's Father (Sucks,'01')was furious and only left half of his estate to Sucks. Whittington graduated (Magna Cum Laude) in 1929 and immediately headed for Wall St. The rest is history.

Date: May 01, 2014 09:42PM

Towerroad
J Whittington was in fact the last student at Harvard to receive a B. Born in 1903 and after barely leaving the Andover Academy he matriculated in 1924 at the age of 21. It is rumored that during his tenure there is no reported sighting of his ever entering an academic building. The Brothels and Bars of Cambridge were another story. Barely sober a day while a student he made his big academic mistake by actually turning in a paper. It was not JW's semi literate style that caused trouble but rather his contention that "Publik educatshun is gud." That earned him the wrath of his tutors.

News of this stunning achievement spread like wildfire. While he was shunned in some circles others pointed to his performance as solid evidence that meritocracy was the rule of the day.

Whitington's Father (Sucks,'01')was furious and only left half of his estate to Sucks. Whittington graduated (Magna Cum Laude) in 1929 and immediately headed for Wall St. The rest is history.

+1

Date: May 02, 2014 07:13AM

Towerroad

Someone has too much time on his hands. Must be the off-season.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: May 02, 2014 06:06PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Towerroad

You know who has too much time on his hands? J. Whittington Precisely VI. He was kicked out of Harvard during the great Harvard Academic Cheating Scandal Of 2012. He's had some real trouble with the admittance criteria to "hold a full-time, paid, non-academic job in a non-family situation, for at least six consecutive months before becoming eligible for readmittance."

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 02, 2014 10:51PM

pfibiger
Jeff Hopkins '82
Towerroad

You know who has too much time on his hands? J. Whittington Precisely VI. He was kicked out of Harvard during the great Harvard Academic Cheating Scandal Of 2012. He's had some real trouble with the admittance criteria to "hold a full-time, paid, non-academic job in a non-family situation, for at least six consecutive months before becoming eligible for readmittance."

He did succeed in holding an upaid internship at a Scottish food procssing institution. He specialised in the processing of tubers in thermaly excited lipids. Like his ancestors before him tragedy followed. The fire eneded his intership but he reapplied based on effort and was readmitted based on his excellent credentials. He is expected to graduate like his grandfather (Magna Cum Laude) in 2016

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.dhcp.oxfr.ma.charter.com)
Date: May 04, 2014 07:51AM

Towerroad
pfibiger
Jeff Hopkins '82
Towerroad

He did succeed in holding an upaid internship at a Scottish food procssing institution. He specialised in the processing of tubers in thermaly excited lipids. Like his ancestors before him tragedy followed. The fire eneded his intership but he reapplied based on effort and was readmitted based on his excellent credentials. He is expected to graduate like his grandfather (Magna Cum Laude) in 2016

Not exactly a challenge to keep the job. After all it was at Whittington's Haggis and Chips, a lesser known Scottish Chain.

Love their chips. Their haggis doesn't really do it for me. I've had better. But the Harvard Restaurant Review gives it an A.

Date: May 05, 2014 08:41AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Towerroad
pfibiger
Jeff Hopkins '82
Towerroad

Not exactly a challenge to keep the job. After all it was at Whittington's Haggis and Chips, a lesser known Scottish Chain.

Love their chips. Their haggis doesn't really do it for me. I've had better. But the Harvard Restaurant Review gives it an A.
Only an A? That's the bottom of the scale used by the Harvard Restaurant Review.

Date: May 05, 2014 12:17PM

Josh '99
Only an A? That's the bottom of the scale used by the Harvard Restaurant Review.
This inspires a great idea. Harvard students should receive grades like bond ratings. Although I guess it would be only about a decade until they all got AAA.

Date: May 05, 2014 06:52PM

All I want from life is for us to do this at Lynah East.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 06, 2014 08:36AM

Trotsky
All I want from life is for us to do this at Lynah East.
I prefer the Haka

[www.youtube.com]

Current Page: 11 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login