Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

HARVARD SUCKS

Posted by Josh '99 
Current Page: 2 of 15
Re: HARVARD SUCKS
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (129.2.170.---)
Date: February 21, 2007 09:15AM

jtwcornell91
RichH
Personally, I get more of a Cornell vibe from the UC Berkeley campus than I do from Stanford.

The hills, the clock tower, the not looking like a Taco Bell...

Having just finished a cross-country roadtrip and having wandered U-Dub's, Reed's, Stanford's, Cal's, CalTech's, Texas's and USF's campuses, I'd say Stanford's stood out as the most gorgeous and unique. I really do like Mission Revival architecture, but it wouldn't belong in Ithaca. Our beloved alma matter's is the nicest campus I've seen though, no question, and in no small part due to the lack of uniform style. Cornell's randomness is one of my favorite things about it, right up there with the lack of Federal-style buildings. God I hate the Federal style.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 21, 2007 11:23AM

Ben Rocky 04
Our beloved alma matter's is the nicest campus I've seen though, no question, and in no small part due to the lack of uniform style. Cornell's randomness is one of my favorite things about it, right up there with the lack of Federal-style buildings. God I hate the Federal style.
Eclecticism is one thing... ugly is another entirely. I could do without

Old Rusty
Olin Library (which replaced the gorgeous Boardman Hall)
The "new" Roberts & Kennedy (which replaced the gorgeous old Roberts and Stone)
Clark Hall

These ones are the only ones that really "offend" me. Bradfield is ugly, but far enough away that I don't really care. The Ives extension could do with more windows, but trees will make it less stark over the next 20 years. Olin Lab (the chemistry lab, not the chem-e lab) is reasonably well-hidden by trees on one side and by Baker on the other. And thankfully, Duffield, while not the most beautiful building on campus, is at least not butt-ugly and has succesfully hidden most of the 50's hideosity of the engineering quad from the rest of campus.

Even the new west campus dorms aren't too bad. Sure, I would rather they had completed the original planned exterior for west and just rearranged the interiors to better support community needs, but at least they aren't ugly. They are a strict upgrade from the U-Halls.

Kyle

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: February 21, 2007 11:33AM

Ben Rocky 04
I'd say Stanford's stood out as the most gorgeous and unique.
All a matter of taste. To me, Stanford is one long extension of the Taco Bell aesthetic. Despite their best efforts to destroy it, Cornell still gets my vote, although they are about three more buildings from the ugly, interlocked feel of an urban campus.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.techtarget.com)
Date: February 21, 2007 11:42AM

krose
but at least [the new west campus dorms] aren't ugly. They are a strict upgrade from the U-Halls.

I've heard people say that before, but I totally disagree. The U-Halls were bland but ignorable; I find these new things to be ugly and in-your-face, even from the top of Libe. Given the choice of two ugly things, I'd rather go with the one I won't notice.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: February 21, 2007 11:59AM

I rather like the look of Caltech's campus (what there is of it).

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2007 12:49PM

krose
Bradfield is ugly, but far enough away that I don't really care.

That may be true, but when all your classes are in there and you don't have to look at it, it has spectacular views of the rest of campus. Of course that's only if you are in the Atmospheric Science department and actually have windows. ;-)

Oh, and Harvard Sucks!

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: February 21, 2007 02:02PM

jtwcornell91
RichH
Personally, I get more of a Cornell vibe from the UC Berkeley campus than I do from Stanford.

Do you want to be associated with a school where the student rush the field after their 8-3 football team beats a 1-10 team who they've beaten four years in a row already and they only won by 9, at home, when they were supposed to win by 30?

No, of course not. So stick with Stanford, where the students have personal integrity and don't have a history of calling everything they disagree with 'fascist'.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 21, 2007 02:26PM

oceanst41
That may be true, but when all your classes are in there and you don't have to look at it, it has spectacular views of the rest of campus. Of course that's only if you are in the Atmospheric Science department and actually have windows. ;-)
The same is true of the Big Johnson: from the outside, it's hideous, but from the inside, it gives some of the best views of Ithaca, Cornell, and Cayuga Lake.

I do have a lot of fond memories of roofing (that's getting onto the roofs of buildings, not related to rohypnol) my freshman year, one instance of which included Bradfield. Ah, good times.

Kyle

Posted by: BMac (---.orie.cornell.edu)
Date: February 21, 2007 02:39PM

I'd agree that the west campus dorms look like prisons, and they could definitely have made the place into Ivy-fairyland by making the new dorms look like the Gothics (soooo expensive)...

But as someone who spends their time INSIDE those dorms, i.e. living there the last two years, damn, I love it!

Date: February 21, 2007 03:07PM

French Rage
jtwcornell91
RichH

Do you want to be associated with a school where the student rush the field after their 8-3 football team beats a 1-10 team who they've beaten four years in a row already and they only won by 9, at home, when they were supposed to win by 30?

No, of course not. So stick with Stanford, where the students have personal integrity and don't have a history of calling everything they disagree with 'fascist'.

They do also pronounce the name of their school correctly, as opposed to those who pronounce "UC Berkeley" as "Cal".

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: February 21, 2007 03:09PM

Trotsky
Ben Rocky 04
I'd say Stanford's stood out as the most gorgeous and unique.
All a matter of taste. To me, Stanford is one long extension of the Taco Bell aesthetic. Despite their best efforts to destroy it, Cornell still gets my vote, although they are about three more buildings from the ugly, interlocked feel of an urban campus.
Seems like it's hardly Stanford's fault that Taco Bell decided to go with that architectural style.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (129.2.170.---)
Date: February 21, 2007 03:55PM

jtwcornell91

Please tell me you're kidding..... its a wonderful combination of a white cake right in the middle of things, ugly 50s labs all painted a fading yellow, turtles and weird 60s modernism. Ugh.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.caltech.edu)
Date: February 21, 2007 04:07PM

Ben Rocky 04
jtwcornell91

Please tell me you're kidding..... its a wonderful combination of a white cake right in the middle of things, ugly 50s labs all painted a fading yellow, turtles and weird 60s modernism. Ugh.

The spanish architecture on the south and west side of campus is pretty cool looking in my opinion. Some of the labs are ugly, but overall the landscaping and living ponds makes it look a lot nicer.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: February 21, 2007 05:49PM

French Rage
jtwcornell91
RichH

I hate to say anything nice about Berkeley, but it is a big deal when you beat your top rival regardless of the circumstances. We'd certainly celebrate after a one goal win over Harvard in Lynah. even if we were undefeated in Febraury and they were in last place. Rushing the field may be a little excessive unless that's an annual tradition after a win. I'd love it if Lynah had the tradition of climbing the glass after every win over Harvard (and I want glass that we can actually climb over, goddamnit!)

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 21, 2007 06:09PM

krose
oceanst41
The same is true of the Big Johnson: from the outside, it's hideous, but from the inside, it gives some of the best views of Ithaca, Cornell, and Cayuga Lake.

The Johnson Museum is hideous from the outside if you're close to it. From downtown, it's pretty amazing. If you're standing in Cass Park by the inlet, especially at sunset (probably at sunrise, too, but I've never been there at dawn), it's striking and has a great deal of aesthetic appeal. It's almost like the architect designed it to be viewed from a great distance, and completely ignored anything that might make the exterior visually appealing up close.

Date: February 21, 2007 06:14PM

Ben Rocky 04
jtwcornell91

Mmmmmmmm, caaaaaaaaake...

[/homer simpson]

Date: February 21, 2007 06:49PM

KeithK
French Rage
jtwcornell91
RichH

I hate to say anything nice about Berkeley, but it is a big deal when you beat your top rival regardless of the circumstances. We'd certainly celebrate after a one goal win over Harvard in Lynah. even if we were undefeated in Febraury and they were in last place. Rushing the field may be a little excessive unless that's an annual tradition after a win. I'd love it if Lynah had the tradition of climbing the glass after every win over Harvard (and I want glass that we can actually climb over, goddamnit!)

Celebrating, yes, but rushing the field/court/ice should be saved for very special circumstances. And when you already beat the rival for the past 4 years, the rival factor should no longer count.

Date: February 21, 2007 07:26PM

French Rage
And when you already beat the rival for the past 4 years, the rival factor should no longer count.
Did you really write that? Do you have any understanding of what sports rivalries mean? I don't care if we've beaten Harvard twice per year for a dozne years in a row - beating them will still be special. More special than beating a team that just happens to be in first place this year.

Like I said though, rushing the field is probably excessive.

Date: February 21, 2007 08:01PM

French Rage
Having studied and taught at Stanford, I did not find their students to have any more personal integrity than the typical well-groomed date rapist.

Very nice teeth, though. Beautiful orthodontia.

Stanford was the glorious birthplace of "Hey hey, ho ho, Western Culture has got to go!" There might be a school out there that still upholds broadmindedness, but it sure aint The Farm.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2007 08:02PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 21, 2007 08:08PM

So....Harvard still sucks, eh? :)

Date: February 21, 2007 08:11PM

judy
So....Harvard still sucks, eh? :)
I think that is safe to say.

Date: February 21, 2007 09:29PM

KeithK
French Rage
And when you already beat the rival for the past 4 years, the rival factor should no longer count.
Did you really write that? Do you have any understanding of what sports rivalries mean? I don't care if we've beaten Harvard twice per year for a dozne years in a row - beating them will still be special. More special than beating a team that just happens to be in first place this year.

Like I said though, rushing the field is probably excessive.

So you disagree, but you agree?

Date: February 21, 2007 09:34PM

Trotsky
French Rage
Stanford was the glorious birthplace of "Hey hey, ho ho, Western Culture has got to go!" There might be a school out there that still upholds broadmindedness, but it sure aint The Farm.

I guess you're right. I mean, they do have a presence of extremely left-wing people, which must make them among the least broadminded of all schools, because certainly no other university has a more vocal and militant version of said group, nosireee.

Date: February 21, 2007 09:54PM

And Harvard sucks.

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.SRI.COM)
Date: February 21, 2007 10:27PM

Trotsky
French Rage
Having studied and taught at Stanford, I did not find their students to have any more personal integrity than the typical well-groomed date rapist.

Because, clearly, "broadmindedness" means "not willing to challenge the status quo".
Fascist! :-)

Oh, and Harvard....uh...what were we talking about before getting sidetracked in this meaningful political discussion?

Posted by: mttgrmm (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2007 10:53PM

Roy 82
Trotsky
French Rage

Because, clearly, "broadmindedness" means "not willing to challenge the status quo".
Fascist! :-)

Oh, and Harvard....uh...what were we talking about before getting sidetracked in this meaningful political discussion?

i believe the original discussion had something to do with the suckiness of hahvahd.

Posted by: cornellhockey4eva13 (---.cust.uslec.net)
Date: February 21, 2007 11:30PM

Newsflash! Hahvahd SUCKS!!! Details at 11

Date: February 22, 2007 02:27AM

French Rage
And Harvard sucks.

...and they suck, too!
[/beavis]

Date: February 22, 2007 02:31AM

KeithK
I hate to say anything nice about Berkeley, but it is a big deal when you beat your top rival regardless of the circumstances. We'd certainly celebrate after a one goal win over Harvard in Lynah. even if we were undefeated in Febraury and they were in last place.

Amen. It really pissed me off in 1993 when I was at Franklin Field for the 100th anniversary (and 100th game, as it turned out) of the Cornell-Penn rivalry and the Penn band, in their halftime show, basically said "We don't give a damn about the rivalry, we're about to go 10-0!" It also pissed me off that they did, even though were were had a double-digit lead at halftime.
cuss

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 22, 2007 07:38AM

jtwcornell91
KeithK
I hate to say anything nice about Berkeley, but it is a big deal when you beat your top rival regardless of the circumstances. We'd certainly celebrate after a one goal win over Harvard in Lynah. even if we were undefeated in Febraury and they were in last place.

Amen. It really pissed me off in 1993 when I was at Franklin Field for the 100th anniversary (and 100th game, as it turned out) of the Cornell-Penn rivalry and the Penn band, in their halftime show, basically said "We don't give a damn about the rivalry, we're about to go 10-0!" It also pissed me off that they did, even though were were had a double-digit lead at halftime.
cuss

Screw BU. Penn too.

And Harvard still sucks.

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.dsl.mindspring.com)
Date: February 23, 2007 01:21AM

Bump

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2007 01:29AM

I forgot. Who is it that sucks? Hartford, Connecticut?

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.SRI.COM)
Date: February 23, 2007 01:32AM

CU at Stanford
Bump

Bumping sucks too.:)

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: February 23, 2007 01:33AM

French Rage
I forgot. Who is it that sucks? Hartford, Connecticut?

Haverford.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2007 07:58AM

Hampshire New.

And layoff New England's rising star. :-PIt's close to the geographical center of the ECAC. RPI, Union, Quinny, Yale, Brown, Dartmouth, Harvard all within a pretty easy drive.

Date: February 23, 2007 01:36PM

Chris '03
Hampshire New.

And layoff New England's rising star. :-PIt's close to the geographical center of the ECAC. RPI, Union, Quinny, Yale, Brown, Dartmouth, Harvard all within a pretty easy drive.

The reigning Cup champs seem to think otherwise. smashfreak

Posted by: Trotsky (---.ashbva.adelphia.net)
Date: February 24, 2007 12:20AM

Well, if there's a good side to tonight's Hanover debacle, at least the game means something.

Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 24, 2007 02:18AM

I wonder if they see us as their "omg BIG RIVAL." They don't seem to care much about us.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.201.---)
Date: March 09, 2007 05:05PM

I actually agree with you guys on this one...

Posted by: ryeguy (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2007 05:24PM

How could you not?

Date: September 12, 2007 03:26PM

Speaking of things which bear repeating...

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: September 12, 2007 03:30PM

Beeeej
bear repeating
Must have been the honey.

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 14, 2007 01:58PM

That's the best you can do? rolleyes

Date: September 14, 2007 02:13PM

Not at all. I could go into extensive detail on why you suck individually, but alas the day is short, and I've got work to do and hours to bill. Reviving this thread was merely quick and convenient.

- Steve Worona

Re:Clarkson SUCKS too...
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: September 14, 2007 04:23PM

Rich S
That's the best you can do? rolleyes

You big ...

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 18, 2007 09:56PM

Date: September 23, 2007 02:19AM

Beeeej
Not at all. I could go into extensive detail on why you suck individually, but alas the day is short, and I've got work to do and hours to bill. Reviving this thread was merely quick and convenient.

I see that you're in mid-season form.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 23, 2007 09:52AM

Rich S
Beeeej

Over a week to respond? Clearly you are not.

Oli is a great big sieve...
Date: September 23, 2007 04:11PM

This seems like the right thread for this. I went to the EHC Eisbären Berlin match today, and the opposing goalie for "Grizzly Adams Wolfsburg" was none other than Oliver Jonas, Harvard '01. He gave up 5 goals as Berlin won 5-1. He actually used to play for the Eisbären, so the fans gave him an especially hard time. :-D

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.211.---)
Date: September 23, 2007 05:16PM

ugarte
Rich S
Beeeej

some of us have better things to do in the off season than watch elf all the time...

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 23, 2007 07:43PM

Dpperk29
ugarte
Rich S
Beeeej

some of us have better things to do in the off season than watch elf all the time...
But at least you know where to be in season.banana

Date: September 23, 2007 09:17PM

Dpperk29
ugarte
Rich S
Beeeej

...but judgmentally critiquing our tongue-in-cheek posts about a team other than yours is right at the top of the to-do list?

- Steve Worona

Date: September 24, 2007 01:02AM

"Not at all. I could go into extensive detail on why you suck individually, but alas the day is short, and I've got work to do and hours to bill. Reviving this thread was merely quick and convenient."

The above is the post I was "critiquing" and it was neither about Clarkson nor was it "tongue-in-cheek."

As you well know, work sometimes gets in the way of diversions. Hence the week to respond. Hopefully y'all were not holding your breath waiting for my response.

Date: September 24, 2007 07:07AM

Rich S
"Not at all. I could go into extensive detail on why you suck individually, but alas the day is short, and I've got work to do and hours to bill. Reviving this thread was merely quick and convenient."

The above is the post I was "critiquing" and it was neither about Clarkson nor was it "tongue-in-cheek."

As you well know, work sometimes gets in the way of diversions. Hence the week to respond. Hopefully y'all were not holding your breath waiting for my response.

That's neither the post nor the "critique" I was talking about.

- Steve Worona

Date: November 13, 2007 04:35PM

So, I was just thinking...

Date: November 13, 2007 04:51PM

What are you trying to say?

Posted by: sah67 (---.64.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: November 13, 2007 06:17PM

Recent research at Weill Cornell concerning the oral anatomy suggessts that Harvard may also blow. But for now, only Harvard's sucking is supported by any statistical significance. rock

Date: November 13, 2007 07:11PM

I'm surprised it took 'til Tuesday. Especially when you consider that Harvard sucks any day of the week.

Posted by: RazzBaronZ (146.203.126.---)
Date: November 13, 2007 11:26PM

I thought I heard a vacuum but I think it's just that I'm in NYC and Harvard is coming in a few days.

Date: November 14, 2007 10:08AM

One reason why Harvard sucks:

Posted by: jca4e (137.37.216.---)
Date: November 14, 2007 10:47AM

Greg Berge
No anti-Harvard cheer ever gets "old." :-D
And neither does expressing just how much Hahvahd SUCKS!

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: November 14, 2007 11:21AM

Josh '99
One reason why Harvard sucks:
The khakis make that pic.

Posted by: jca4e (137.37.219.---)
Date: November 14, 2007 11:32AM

This really can't be said enough... HAHVAHD SUCKS!flipa

Posted by: Townie (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 14, 2007 12:35PM

I'm surprised he wasn't wearing an "A" instead.

Oh right....they save them for the grades!

Date: November 14, 2007 03:11PM

Townie

Well, the A and the H together would be more appropriate...

Date: November 14, 2007 04:24PM

jtwcornell91
You goon.

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: November 14, 2007 04:41PM

jtwcornell91
Townie

Yeah, but his scrawny body doesn't have room for 2 letters. Guess he just went for the 'hole part.

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: November 15, 2007 01:15PM

Killer
jtwcornell91
Townie

Yeah, but his scrawny body doesn't have room for 2 letters. Guess he just went for the 'hole part.

To be fair, I've seen that dude at every game I've been to in Allston for the past few years. With the paint and the helmet. And he walks to the game like that with a giant flag. Even in February. And he doesn't really give us any shit, like some of the other punks. I think he just really likes Harvard Hockey. To sum up, that guy may be the thing that sucks the least about Harvard Hockey. But I guess that's not saying much.

Also of note, the following is up on the Harvard tickets page:

[Q]Cornell Ticket Information for Harvard Undergrads
Registration for tickets will begin Wednesday, November 14th at 3pm
by clicking on the below link

There are 300 student tickets available.
Students who successfully register for a ticket must pick up the ticket at the Science Center on Thursday, November 15th between 11am - 1pm. Any unclaimed tickets will be available at the rink on a first-come, first-serve basis on the night of the game beginning at 6pm (to Harvard Undergrads only).

Please note that a valid Harvard student ID must be presented on the night of the game with your student ticket. Anyone presenting a student ticket without a HUID will have the ticket revoked and will not be admitted to the game. [/Q]

[admin.xosn.com]

First time I remember seeing a specific procedure just for the Cornell game. Maybe they're expecting 300 undergrads not to go to New Haven? I guess that's a warning to CU fans not to buy Harvard undergrad tickets on the street.

Date: November 15, 2007 01:51PM

RichH
I think he just really likes Harvard Hockey.

So he's the one!

RichH
First time I remember seeing a specific procedure just for the Cornell game...I guess that's a warning to CU fans not to buy Harvard undergrad tickets on the street.

And now I'm officially worried about getting into the game, but at least my tickets were bought by a Harvard grad student. Now she'll be there with an ID, so I'll just be the cousin from out of town that really wants to see a hockey game for the first time. (Pay no attention to that Cornell hockey jersey under the jacket whistle)

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 15, 2007 01:54PM

oceanst41
RichH

So he's the one!
Do ya think it's bothman?whistle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2007 01:54PM by Al DeFlorio.

Date: November 15, 2007 01:58PM

Al DeFlorio
oceanst41
RichH

So he's the one!
Do ya think it's bothman?whistle

That would not have been the face I put on Bothman, however it's a good laugh just thinking about it.

Any way we can make it his avatar when he posts over here? ;-)

Harvard Crimson Pays Respects to Lynah East Faithful
Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: November 15, 2007 02:26PM

"Cornell fans regularly outnumber and outcheer the Harvard section when the two teams meet in Cambridge. This year, any hope of home ice advantage, if it ever truly existed, will go out the window, as the “home” crowd will be more hostile than what you’ll find at most road contests."

HA!

Harvard Crimson on Cornell Fansupto

Date: November 15, 2007 02:53PM

It's pretty sad that they'd rather limit their attendance and forgo the concessions sales than let Cornell fans buy Harvard students' tickets. if the Harvard undergrads want to make some drug money scalping to us, let em.

Date: November 15, 2007 04:07PM

Trotsky
It's pretty sad that they'd rather limit their attendance and forgo the concessions sales than let Cornell fans buy Harvard students' tickets. if the Harvard undergrads want to make some drug money scalping to us, let em.
Sounds like a reasonable sacrifice given the specific circumstances. It's a one time (per year) thing and the amount of concessions money lost if a hundred or so seats are empty is not exactly going to break the bank.

If the only goal was maximizing revenue they wouldn't offer tickets to Harvard undergrads at all. Just hold a public auction for those tickets. Cornell alums would certainly outspend Harvard people.

Re: Harvard Crimson Pays Respects to Lynah East Faithful
Date: November 15, 2007 04:16PM

Jesus, it's two hours and change from Cambridge to New Haven, and the football game is at noon. And truly dedicated Harvard fan could easily make the trip down in the morning, or, hell, even after the hockey game. How many of us have seen a Cornell-Harvard game Friday night and travelled to from Ithaca or Cambridge to Philly for the Cornell-Penn game the next day?

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: November 15, 2007 04:21PM

jtwcornell91
Jesus, it's two hours and change from Cambridge to New Haven, and the football game is at noon. And truly dedicated Harvard fan could easily make the trip down in the morning, or, hell, even after the hockey game.

And then they wouldn't be bitching about putting the Biega goal up on YouTube!

Date: November 15, 2007 04:34PM

jtwcornell91
Jesus, it's two hours and change from Cambridge to New Haven, and the football game is at noon. And truly dedicated Harvard fan could easily make the trip down in the morning, or, hell, even after the hockey game.
They have to be in New Haven by dusk. It takes time to get a date drunk on sloe gin fizzes.

Posted by: bothman (---.allfirst.com)
Date: November 15, 2007 04:57PM

JTW,

Are you one of those engineering guys that looked forward to the 8 hour lab on Fridays? Something tells me yes.

Wake up, will ya?

The Harvard - Yale game has nothing to do with football. It is about the tailgate - most people never even set foot in the stadium.

Most folks will head down to New Haven the night before and booze it up and continue boozing before, during, and after the game.

That said, good luck on friday night. Crowd or no crowd, the way this Harvard team is playing, you guys are gonna need it.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2007 05:00PM by bothman.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.ilr.cornell.edu)
Date: November 15, 2007 05:02PM

Bothman
That said, good luck on friday night. Crowd or no crowd, the way this Harvard team is playing, you guys are gonna need it.

Oh yeah, two shutouts versus RPI and Onion!

BRING ON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Date: November 15, 2007 05:04PM

That is funny...

I know exactly the guy you are talking about. I love Harvard hockey, but not that much....B-]

Date: November 15, 2007 05:12PM

bothman
Are you one of those engineering guys

What a horrible thing to say to a scientist. :-(:-D

Date: November 15, 2007 05:13PM

Take off the red glasses.

Harvard ain't winning a NC this year, and neither is Cornell. But Harvard is remarkedly better than last year. Can you say the same for Cornell?

I don't put a lot of stake in home wins against union or rpi (though 2 shutouts is solid), but a 6-1 win at slu and a 2-1 loss at clarkson when those teams had played 6-7 games, there is some significance in those games.

The proof will be in the pudding on Friday night. If Cornell takes it to Harvard, I will eat crow on Monday. Time will tell.

Posted by: sah67 (---.ushbalax.nxtv.com)
Date: November 15, 2007 07:18PM

bothman
If Cornell takes it to Harvard, I will eat crow on Monday. Time will tell.

I'll eat crow on Monday if Riley Nash doesn't make one of the Biegas look really untalented at some point, regardless of the outcome stupid

Whoever's running the Harvard webcast better post it on CornellTube also.

Date: November 15, 2007 07:26PM

bothman
Are you one of those engineering guys that looked forward to the 8 hour lab on Fridays? Something tells me yes.

Wake up, will ya?
I share Whelan's sentiment because I actually enjoy watching sporting events. And I enjoy the challenge of getting to multiple far-flung events in a short period of time.

I really have no respect for people who show up to a game with no other purpose than to get drunk. Even Cornell people.

Date: November 15, 2007 11:11PM

KeithK
bothman

Wake up, will ya?
I share Whelan's sentiment because I actually enjoy watching sporting events. And I enjoy the challenge of getting to multiple far-flung events in a short period of time.

I really have no respect for people who show up to a game with no other purpose than to get drunk. Even Cornell people.

In fact, we even have a word for them...

Date: November 16, 2007 12:17AM

TimV
"Cornell fans regularly outnumber and outcheer the Harvard section when the two teams meet in Cambridge. This year, any hope of home ice advantage, if it ever truly existed, will go out the window, as the “home” crowd will be more hostile than what you’ll find at most road contests."

Does even the Hahvahd Crimson not know that the Hahvahd hockey team doesn't play in Cambridge?!

Sad.

In Tucson,

- Steve Worona

Posted by: kfish (---.dhcp.mrqt.mi.charter.com)
Date: November 16, 2007 10:33AM

From today's INCH ECAC hockey notebook:

Bench Minor

"The Harvard student paper is waving the white flag, and lamenting that the scheduling of Saturday's football game at Yale will prohibit many athletics-loving students from attending Friday's hockey game against Cornell, giving the Big Red fans an attendance advantage at Bright Hockey Center. Football game or not, it wouldn't matter."

Date: November 16, 2007 12:14PM

kfish

Bench Minor

"The Harvard student paper is waving the white flag, and lamenting that the scheduling of Saturday's football game at Yale will prohibit many athletics-loving students from attending Friday's hockey game against Cornell, giving the Big Red fans an attendance advantage at Bright Hockey Center. Football game or not, it wouldn't matter."
I disagree with the choice of the word "prohibit".

Date: November 16, 2007 12:19PM

Josh '99
kfish

Bench Minor

I disagree with the word "many".

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: November 16, 2007 12:21PM

ugarte
Josh '99
kfish

Bench Minor

I disagree with the word "advantage."

Posted by: redhair34 (---.bc.edu)
Date: November 16, 2007 12:21PM

ugarte
Josh '99
kfish

Bench Minor

I disagree with the choice of the words "Bright Hockey Center."
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2007 12:22PM by redhair34.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: November 16, 2007 12:58PM

redhair34
ugarte
Josh '99
kfish

Bench Minor

I find it offensive that they're only waving a white flag.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 16, 2007 03:44PM

ugarte
Josh '99
kfish

Bench Minor

Particularly if they have to be "athletics-loving."

Date: November 16, 2007 03:59PM

redhair34
ugarte
Josh '99
kfish

Bench Minor

I disagree with the choice of the word "students."

In Tucson,

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: November 16, 2007 04:16PM

Beeeej
redhair34
ugarte
Josh '99
kfish

Bench Minor

In Tucson,

Bill Clinton called and said he takes issue with the word "is". Said he had no problem with "sucks" though.

Date: November 16, 2007 05:15PM

Killer
Beeeej
redhair34
ugarte
Josh '99
kfish

Bench Minor

In Tucson,

Bill Clinton called and said he takes issue with the word "is". Said he had no problem with "sucks" though.

Date: November 16, 2007 05:18PM

Josh '99
Killer
Beeeej
redhair34
ugarte
Josh '99
kfish

Bench Minor

In Tucson,

Party pooper. I was thinking that this was the best collaborative joke on eLF.

Posted by: RazzBaronZ (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 16, 2007 06:11PM

ugarte
Josh '99
Killer
Beeeej
redhair34
ugarte
Josh '99
kfish

Bench Minor

In Tucson,

Party pooper. I was thinking that this was the best collaborative joke on eLF.

I disagree with the choice of the word "joke."

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.caltech.edu)
Date: November 16, 2007 06:51PM

Anyone actually getting video on Harvard's video, or is this another reason why Harvard sucks?

Posted by: Rita (---.dhcp.insightbb.com)
Date: November 16, 2007 06:54PM

Jacob '06
Anyone actually getting video on Harvard's video, or is this another reason why Harvard sucks?

Not me. I'm also not getting Redcast audio. I am about 6 minutes from having a hissy fit.

Current Page: 2 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login