Ceramic Dalmatians, 2026-27

Started by Trotsky, August 15, 2026, 02:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamw

Quote from: BearLover on October 01, 2026, 10:19:28 AMSezenack's data suggested he was a below average goalie last year after accounting for the team he was on. He had a slightly negative goals saved ahove expected. (I don't know where this data comes from or how accurate it is; are people actually mapping every shot, including type of shot, that every college goalie faces, and it's all publicly available?)

It comes from people at the arena -> Genius software and pipeline -> College Hockey News

Which means, no, it's not extremely accurate, but collectively, ok enough to give a good picture.
College Hockey News: http://www.collegehockeynews.com

The Rancor

Quote from: adamw on Today at 12:35:11 AM
Quote from: BearLover on October 01, 2026, 10:19:28 AMSezenack's data suggested he was a below average goalie last year after accounting for the team he was on. He had a slightly negative goals saved ahove expected. (I don't know where this data comes from or how accurate it is; are people actually mapping every shot, including type of shot, that every college goalie faces, and it's all publicly available?)

It comes from people at the arena -> Genius software and pipeline -> College Hockey News

Which means, no, it's not extremely accurate, but collectively, ok enough to give a good picture.


Hard to for the non hockey people to understand, but, you can be a good goalie, or skater, and it sometimes doesn't 100% show on a stat sheet. I'm pretty confident in Rousseau, I hope he gels in the locker room, and that the Roest and Katz get a shot, too. I'm sure one will see a game, or at least a period of pre-season. I love having a dominant starter, but a capable platoon is better- for both the internal competition, and the plan B.

BearLover

Quote from: adamw on Today at 12:35:11 AM
Quote from: BearLover on October 01, 2026, 10:19:28 AMSezenack's data suggested he was a below average goalie last year after accounting for the team he was on. He had a slightly negative goals saved ahove expected. (I don't know where this data comes from or how accurate it is; are people actually mapping every shot, including type of shot, that every college goalie faces, and it's all publicly available?)

It comes from people at the arena -> Genius software and pipeline -> College Hockey News

Which means, no, it's not extremely accurate, but collectively, ok enough to give a good picture.

I've seen people critique this for not showing shot type (slapshot, wrist shot, deflection, etc.). That seems to call into question the quality of the data, if true.