Ceramic Dalmatians, 2026-27

Started by Trotsky, August 15, 2026, 02:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereax

Quote from: 617BigRed on September 30, 2026, 12:25:58 PMFrom CHN preview blurb:

"Cornell — The Big Red lost goalie Alexis Cournoyer to the transfer portal, then replaced him with the even more experienced Mathis Rosseau from Maine. Cornell loses a couple big names, but forward Ryan Walsh returning for his senior year is huge."

Anyone know who that goalie is, any good? Anyways think this will be a year with 20+ wins due to ECAC weaker now overall and our OOC being mostly AH but we will then have to make a run in the postseason - see you all in DC!
Rousseau?

Scouting Report:

Sophomore
Comes from UMaine
Played in the Q before college (bonus points from me)
Split starts with the other Maine goalie last year
Didn't do GREAT (I think .895 sv% and -4 GSAx) but also Cournoyer had like, a 1.5 GSAx over his year here so it's probably a sidegrade
Small (5'11")
Will probably deliver the good ol League Average Goaltending we need
Especially bc our d-structure is way better than Maine's
Would not expect significantly more but if it happens I will be delighted
Law '27, Section C denizen, liveblogging from Lynah!
it's ster-e-ax, like stereo

George64

From ESPN:

Arizona State hockey coach Greg Powers has been placed on paid administrative leave days after several members of his team asked the university to remove him pending an investigation into a teammate's collapse, the university announced Wednesday.

"After thorough and careful deliberation, I believe this is the best move to provide stability for the hockey program," Arizona State athletic director Graham Rossini said in a statement.

Powers could not be reached Wednesday. He repeatedly declined to answer reporters' questions about Mayich's collapse during a news conference last week.

In their letter to the school sent Monday, seven hockey players detailed the Aug. 20 workout in which defenseman Matthew Mayich collapsed, disputed the findings of the university's review, and asked the school to place all staff responsible for the workout on administrative leave.

617BigRed

ASU program might end after this family is rightfully done suing them...

BearLover

College hockey writer Brad Schlossman left Cornell off his top 20 preseason rankings. Schlossman is very knowledgable  about college hockey but it's nonsensical for one person to rank 64 teams.

Trotsky

Quote from: 617BigRed on September 30, 2026, 04:16:44 PMASU program might end after this family is rightfully done suing them...
It will be interesting to see just how quickly and vehemently ASU flips from "nothing to see here, keep those donor dollars flowing" to "terrible tragedy caused by one bad apple ignoring our excellent oversight procedures, and we have cauterized the wound.  Now more than ever we need those donor dollars flowing."

chimpfood

I think we'll be good this year. I don't know why everyone is acting like Rousseau is some midget who's a total bum. He played for canadas world junior team and is the same height as many goalies who we've made look real good in the past. I think he has a save percentage around .920.

stereax

Quote from: chimpfood on Today at 02:12:11 AMI think we'll be good this year. I don't know why everyone is acting like Rousseau is some midget who's a total bum. He played for canadas world junior team and is the same height as many goalies who we've made look real good in the past. I think he has a save percentage around .920.
I'm sure he'll do well with us! I'm not saying he's a midget or a bum. Just that he's shorter than Cournoyer (and short for a goalie), and that his results last year were so-so (but part of it can be attributed to the team he was on). I think .910 is a reasonable aspiration; if he hits .920 it's DC season.
Law '27, Section C denizen, liveblogging from Lynah!
it's ster-e-ax, like stereo

BearLover

#22
Sezenack's data suggested he was a below average goalie last year after accounting for the team he was on. He had a slightly negative goals saved ahove expected. (I don't know where this data comes from or how accurate it is; are people actually mapping every shot, including type of shot, that every college goalie faces, and it's all publicly available?)

George64

Quote from: stereax on Today at 09:30:26 AMI'm sure he'll do well with us! I'm not saying he's a midget or a bum. Just that he's shorter than Cournoyer (and short for a goalie) . . .

The goalie for the only undefeated D1 NCAA championship hockey team was 5'6" Brian Cropper.

Beeeej

Quote from: George64 on Today at 12:04:26 PM
Quote from: stereax on Today at 09:30:26 AMI'm sure he'll do well with us! I'm not saying he's a midget or a bum. Just that he's shorter than Cournoyer (and short for a goalie) . . .

The goalie for the only undefeated D1 NCAA championship hockey team was 5'6" Brian Cropper.

It was the system.
Beeeej, Esq.

"Cornell isn't an organization.  It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
   - Steve Worona

stereax

Quote from: Beeeej on Today at 12:16:01 PM
Quote from: George64 on Today at 12:04:26 PM
Quote from: stereax on Today at 09:30:26 AMI'm sure he'll do well with us! I'm not saying he's a midget or a bum. Just that he's shorter than Cournoyer (and short for a goalie) . . .

The goalie for the only undefeated D1 NCAA championship hockey team was 5'6" Brian Cropper.

It was the system.
It was also 1970.
Law '27, Section C denizen, liveblogging from Lynah!
it's ster-e-ax, like stereo

The Rancor


Chris '03

"Mark Mazzoleni looks like a guy whose dog just died out there..."

underskill

Iles was on some pretty mediocre Cornell teams.

The Rancor

Corrie D'Alessio, Bryan Hayward and Jim Crozier?