Cornell Football 2026

Started by rss77, April 28, 2026, 06:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken711

Football schedule change: Starting in 2027, the Ivy League will begin the season a week earlier and implement a bye week for teams. Hopefully that bye week turns into an 11th game in the future.

Ken711

Cornell unveiled their new updated football locker room today to the team.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/943246662122919

marty

Quote from: Ken711 on August 09, 2026, 06:44:26 PMFootball schedule change: Starting in 2027, the Ivy League will begin the season a week earlier and implement a bye week for teams. Hopefully that bye week turns into an 11th game in the future.


Hopefully this bodes well for an earlier hockey season start. I like to dream.
"When we came off, [Bitz] said, 'Thank God you scored that goal,'" Moulson said. "He would've killed me if I didn't."

billhoward

Quote from: marty on August 19, 2026, 05:43:22 AMHopefully this bodes well for an earlier hockey season start. I like to dream.
Hopefully this bodes well for a Cornell hockey season that lasts through the second weekend of April.

Ken711

Two of Cornell's non-league opponents Colgate and 11th ranked Lehigh both started the season with wins.  Lehigh looks like a strong team as expected, and Colgate had a running back rush for over 200 yds in their win.

Chris '03

Quote from: Ken711 on August 29, 2026, 08:33:00 PMTwo of Cornell's non-league opponents Colgate and 11th ranked Lehigh both started the season with wins.  Lehigh looks like a strong team as expected, and Colgate had a running back rush for over 200 yds in their win.

The back played at my local hs. Went to UConn for a year or two of not seeing the field before transferring.
"Mark Mazzoleni looks like a guy whose dog just died out there..."

Ken711

With start that Lehigh and Colgate are off to, Cornell could unfortunately find themselves with a 1-4 record at the half season mark.

CU2007

Quote from: Ken711 on September 08, 2026, 03:00:07 PMWith start that Lehigh and Colgate are off to, Cornell could unfortunately find themselves with a 1-4 record at the half season mark.

The more things change...

Ken711

Quote from: CU2007 on September 11, 2026, 01:14:47 PM
Quote from: Ken711 on September 08, 2026, 03:00:07 PMWith start that Lehigh and Colgate are off to, Cornell could unfortunately find themselves with a 1-4 record at the half season mark.

The more things change...

I really hope that I am proved wrong, but they have a brutal early season schedule, and one of the toughest non-Ivy schedule in the Ivy League.

Trotsky

Quote from: Ken711 on August 09, 2026, 06:44:26 PMFootball schedule change: Starting in 2027, the Ivy League will begin the season a week earlier and implement a bye week for teams. Hopefully that bye week turns into an 11th game in the future.

TBH I wish they'd drop the non-Ivy games and just play 7.

The Rancor

Quote from: Trotsky on September 22, 2026, 03:56:13 AM
Quote from: Ken711 on August 09, 2026, 06:44:26 PMFootball schedule change: Starting in 2027, the Ivy League will begin the season a week earlier and implement a bye week for teams. Hopefully that bye week turns into an 11th game in the future.

TBH I wish they'd drop the non-Ivy games and just play 7.

Honestly, yeah. What is the point of over-investing and over competing? I guess now that the Ivy gets an auto bid to the FCS tournament, there is something beyond to play for, but, really, they only have to play in conference to go to the little dance.

ugarte

#26
Quote from: The Rancor on September 22, 2026, 01:00:58 PM
Quote from: Trotsky on September 22, 2026, 03:56:13 AM
Quote from: Ken711 on August 09, 2026, 06:44:26 PMFootball schedule change: Starting in 2027, the Ivy League will begin the season a week earlier and implement a bye week for teams. Hopefully that bye week turns into an 11th game in the future.

TBH I wish they'd drop the non-Ivy games and just play 7.

Honestly, yeah. What is the point of over-investing and over competing? I guess now that the Ivy gets an auto bid to the FCS tournament, there is something beyond to play for, but, really, they only have to play in conference to go to the little dance.

you guys gotta stop having ideas!

i do not relish *losing* non-Ivy games but i have to admit i do like *watching* more games even if we lose many of them.

Trotsky

#27
Today I realized I have no longer heard of a single active player in the NFL, except Mahomes.  I have heard of Mahomes because his dad was a Met.

I'm a lifetime Seahawks fan.  I watched us win the Super Bowl.  The statement still holds.

TBH, it's getting pretty damn close to true about the NHL.  Besides our alums, a sprinkling of Isles, and a dwindling supply of 40-somethings like Ovie, I got nuthin'.  Is Crosby still playing?  Shit, is Jagr? -- he must be 50.

There are no active NHL players whose dads were Mets that I am aware of.  Glavine was a decent high school hockey player, but fuck him.

Oh, and Tay Tay's guy.  I forget his name.  Wait, that isn't Mahomes, right?  It's his friend?

marty

Quote from: Trotsky on September 25, 2026, 02:56:56 AMToday I realized I have no longer heard of a single active player in the NFL, except Mahomes.  I have heard of Mahomes because his dad was a Met.

I'm a lifetime Seahawks fan.  I watched us win the Super Bowl.  The statement still holds.

TBH, it's getting pretty damn close to true about the NHL.  Besides our alums, a sprinkling of Isles, and a dwindling supply of 40-somethings like Ovie, I got nuthin'.  Is Crosby still playing?  Shit, is Jagr? -- he must be 50.

There are no active NHL players whose dads were Mets that I am aware of.  Glavine was a decent high school hockey player, but fuck him.

Oh, and Tay Tay's guy.  I forget his name.  Wait, that isn't Mahomes, right?  It's his friend?

Good for you.  I'm saying that as a pro sports fan dropout.  I remember how excited I was when the guy down the street taught me I could follow the Maris Mantle home run race by looking in the newspaper each afternoon.  Today I have no idea who the leaders are in any MLB stat and my brain thanks me for ignoring this trivia. I'll watch games in most sports and enjoy individual efforts but won't get upset when "my team" loses - though there's one exception and my entire being can still get excited when I make my pilgrimage to Lynah.

LGR
"When we came off, [Bitz] said, 'Thank God you scored that goal,'" Moulson said. "He would've killed me if I didn't."

BearLover

The problem with the NFL (and all levels of football) is that I know too much about head injuries at this point to be able to enjoy watching it. You can see guys' brains getting destroyed on every play. I notice even the micro-concussions that linemen get every play from colliding with each other. Makes it hard to justify continuing to engage with football, even though it was my favorite sport at one point.