Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Harvard's 1 fan

Posted by A-19 
Harvard's 1 fan
Posted by: A-19 (---.echryh01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 26, 2005 01:14AM

my friend sent this to me from the Harvard Gazette. Thought people would be amused by the kid's picture

[www.news.harvard.edu]

Re: Harvard's 1 fan
Posted by: Doug '08 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 26, 2005 03:52AM

Yeah, have seen this guy a few times. You have got to give him SOME credit, he is one of the few bastards there that actually gives a crap. He goes to almost ALL of the sporting events there!

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 26, 2005 11:13AM

He was at the H-BU game Tuesday as well.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Rob NH (---.lndnnh.adelphia.net)
Date: November 26, 2005 04:56PM

Heh, based on the title I thought this thread would be mocking Sucks for their poor attendence vs. Brown last week on ESPNU. Pathetic.

Tacky Nike?
Posted by: JohnnieAg'99 (---.equityresources.com)
Date: November 26, 2005 06:04PM

Does anyone else think that the swooshes right on McCutcheon's knees look a bit stupid? We've got one of the most iconic uniforms there is - but they look cheesy to me.

Re: Tacky Nike?
Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: November 26, 2005 06:19PM

[Q]JohnnieAg'99 Wrote:

Does anyone else think that the swooshes right on McCutcheon's knees look a bit stupid? We've got one of the most iconic uniforms there is - but they look cheesy to me. [/q]

What about the one in the middle of the chest?

I'm sure glad I got my second jersey last year... yark

Cheers,
Kyle

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 26, 2005 11:47PM

saw them tonight at BCA and they look very very lame ... go back to CCM

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 27, 2005 12:59PM

Did this belong in another thread? What picture are you talking about?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: RichH (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: November 27, 2005 01:02PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Did this belong in another thread? What picture are you talking about?[/q]

click on the story that started this thread, and then scroll down to the picture of the players.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2005 01:02PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Did this belong in another thread? What picture are you talking about?[/q]There's the picture in the article of the Harvard fan, and then if you scroll below the article there's one of McCutcheon and some Harvard player.

Date: November 27, 2005 01:07PM

BTW, when we were walking from John Harvard's to the arena, we saw that guy on the other side of the street. He was walking to the arena with his flag and shield and without a shirt (I guess to protect his body paint). I would've told him that he could've applied the face & body paint in the arena, but I guess he would've needed another Harvard fan to help him. I bet his walk home was cold and lonely.

Posted by: Free11Skier (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2005 03:58PM

There is a distinct possibility that our shaky start is a direct result of these socks.

MAE '08

Posted by: DevilDerby (---.wadsworth.org)
Date: November 28, 2005 01:00PM

I know it is newspaper practice to describe where each person is when you name the people in a given picture. But are Hahvahd's fans/students so nonexistent/stupid that they can't figure out which player (of two) is "Harvard senior forward Charlie Johnson"?
-DD

Posted by: kaelistus (---.mak.com)
Date: November 28, 2005 02:02PM

[Q]JohnnieAg'99 Wrote:

Does anyone else think that the swooshes right on McCutcheon's knees look a bit stupid? We've got one of the most iconic uniforms there is - but they look cheesy to me. [/q]

You have no idea how strongly I dislike those swooshes. They are the ultimate sign of "selloutness". A non-profit organization with as much money as Cornell has should need to resort to making their students billboards. Coupled with the commercial Athletics site, and I feel a lot of shame about the school.

At least the rest of the University works separate from the entity that gave us the huggy bear.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 28, 2005 08:17PM

[Q]DevilDerby Wrote:

I know it is newspaper practice to describe where each person is when you name the people in a given picture. But are Hahvahd's fans/students so nonexistent/stupid that they can't figure out which player (of two) is "Harvard senior forward Charlie Johnson"?
-DD[/q]

Yes

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: November 28, 2005 08:32PM

Tacky they may be, but Nike probably pays to have them there. Schafer's raise has to come from some bankroll. Not that it's their way or the highway, but maybe the swoosh is something you've got to live with. Anybody recall when the dasherboards didn't have advertising? At least I think they didn't, long ago.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 28, 2005 09:32PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
Anybody recall when the dasherboards didn't have advertising? At least I think they didn't, long ago. [/q]
I do. They didn't.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: November 28, 2005 10:57PM

[Q]You have no idea how strongly I dislike those swooshes.[/q]
Yeah, I agree... but given the terrible things athletics could have done to the uniforms:

- Huge hugging bear logo on front
- Switch to Big Red Wings-style sleeves, to cut costs
- Medium-size hugging bear logo on front
- Switch from athletic block lettering to script for "Cornell"
- Any size hugging bear logo, anywhere on jersey

I can mostly ignore the swoosh.

Cheers,
Kyle

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 29, 2005 06:47AM

[Q]krose Wrote:

You have no idea how strongly I dislike those swooshes.[/Q]
Yeah, I agree... but given the terrible things athletics could have done to the uniforms:

Cheers,
Kyle
[/q]

Shhh, don't give them any ideas.

Posted by: schoaff (---.ga.at.cox.net)
Date: November 29, 2005 07:37AM

[Q]kaelistus Wrote:

You have no idea how strongly I dislike those swooshes. They are the ultimate sign of "selloutness".
[/q]

Oh, how could anyone dislike them. If you're a capitalist they remind you of the success the military industrial complex is having pacifying the masses with bread and circuses. If you're a communist you must glory in the fact that comrade Schafer has fooled the evil capitalists into funding their own inevitable demise by equipping the Red Army. :-}

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 29, 2005 07:44AM

[Q]krose Wrote:

You have no idea how strongly I dislike those swooshes.[/Q]

Cheers,
Kyle
[/q]
Or, worst of all, adding an unnecessary and incorrect accent color--blue, black, silver-gray, etc.--like they've done to deface almost every other Cornell uniform.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 29, 2005 07:57AM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

Or, worst of all, adding an unnecessary and incorrect accent color--blue, black, silver-gray, etc.--like they've done to deface almost every other Cornell uniform.[/q]

Shhh, don't give them any ideas.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: November 29, 2005 10:54AM

[Q]I can mostly ignore the swoosh.[/q]
I should add, however, that it would have been more tasteful simply to put the swoosh in place of the CCM on the old jerseys, rather than have it front and center, and not put the swoosh on the knees. Nike's not part of the team: they just provide sweatshop-quality clothing at rock-bottom prices. yark

I know when I dress for a game, I'm not overly concerned with how centered everything is, just how comfortable I am and how well... well, how well I'm protected. :-) Do you think it's part of the contract that the guys have to specifically put the socks on so the swoosh centers exactly over the knees? Yich. One more idiotic distraction from the main event, that being playing the best hockey in the nation.

Cheers,
Kyle

Date: November 29, 2005 01:14PM

[Q]krose Wrote:

I should add, however, that it would have been more tasteful simply to put the swoosh in place of the CCM on the old jerseys, rather than have it front and center, and not put the swoosh on the knees. Nike's not part of the team: they just provide sweatshop-quality clothing at rock-bottom prices. [/q]

I'm quite certain that the '04-'05 jerseys had the CCM logo front and center. Looking at Age's photo archives confirms this, but only for the home uniforms. The road jerseys had the small CCM on the shoulder, like they had the previous 3-4 seasons.

Look at the 3rd photograph on this page: [www.elynah.com]

Or poke around last season's photos for plenty of examples.
[www.elynah.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login