Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

[LAX] Road Trip for Cornell/Duke QF?

Posted by jtwcornell91 
[LAX] Road Trip for Cornell/Duke QF?
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: May 15, 2005 12:57PM

The game is Sunday May 22. I just realized I could conceivably go, or at least watch the game in Ithaca if it's on TV. (I'll be in State College until Saturday night, and I was planning to drive to Ithaca either that night or Sunday morning.) But maybe I should just drive to Princeton instead, then up to Ithaca afterwards.

Who's making roadtrip plans? Will getting tickets be any trouble?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: [LAX] Road Trip for Cornell/Duke QF?
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 15, 2005 02:05PM

Looks like the Cornell-Duke game will be at 3pm on Sunday. ESPNU will show it tape-delayed at 8pm. Perhaps one or more RSNs will be showing it live.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.ny5030.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 15, 2005 03:24PM

Ironically, I'll be on my way from Ithaca back to NYC at the time - at least at the time the game starts.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: May 15, 2005 05:15PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

Ironically, I'll be on my way from Ithaca back to NYC at the time - at least at the time the game starts.
[/q]

Boo ... leave early. :-P

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: May 15, 2005 05:44PM

I'll be there. It's only a 70 minute drive - I'd better go.

I don't expect tickets will be a problem. I assume they're holding it in the footbal stadium, which holds 27,000+. I'd think the NCAA would shit themselves it they got that many for a regional. :-D

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 15, 2005 06:21PM

If NJ Transit is considered "road tripping," then yes.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.chesnh01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: May 15, 2005 08:09PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote: Who's making roadtrip plans? Will getting tickets be any trouble? [/q]
I'll be there.

I don't think tickets will be a problem because the games will be on the grass at Princeton's football venue, Princeton Stadium (built where Palmer Stadium once stood). Even if they only sell tix for the lower stands, that's still 17,000+, and none of teams that will be playing there next Sunday bring buttloads of fans.

Bring the noise.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.mis.prserv.net)
Date: May 15, 2005 09:37PM

Speaking of bringing the noise, any chance of the pep band showing?

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 15, 2005 09:46PM

[Q]Jeff Hopkins '82 Wrote:

Speaking of bringing the noise, any chance of the pep band showing?[/q]
Chance, yes, but that's all I'll promise right now. We are working on it. Even a gas leak couldn't stop us last night...

(Psst... never, ever, ever use Coach USA for anything, ever... Swarthout all the way.)

Ticket update
Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: May 16, 2005 09:42AM

Here's an update on tickets for Cornell's quarterfinal game against Duke on Sunday at about 3 p.m. (*) at Princeton Stadium.

Tickets are general admission: $15 for adults, $10 for children. They'll probably only let people into the lower bowl of Princeton Stadium (I guarantee this event will not sell out -- even in the highly unlikely event they sell 17,000+ tickets for the lower bowl, they'll probably just open the upper levels, which adds about 10,000).

If you want to order tickets in advance, I recommend buying them over the phone at 609-258-5063. There is a $5 fee per order, but it still works out less than ordering online at [purchase.tickets.com] (if you do it online, there's an additional $1.50 per ticket fee on top of that five bucks.)

It is likely that there will be a NO RE-ENTRY policy for these games. If you wanna check out the Maryland-Georgetown game that starts at noon, you probably won't be able to leave Princeton Stadium and then re-enter for the Cornell game.

Princeton's commencement is 5/31, so there will be some students hanging around next weekend.

-----

* The actual start time of the Cornell-Duke game is 45 minutes after the Maryland-Georgetown game ends. A lengthy overtime session means a later start for the Cornell game.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2005 09:43AM by Hillel Hoffmann.

Re: Ticket update
Posted by: GJK24 (209.2.89.---)
Date: May 16, 2005 01:25PM

If I were you guys, I wouldn't waste your time going to this game. Duke is going to hand us our asses in a handbasket, and that's being optimistic. Sorry to be such a downer, but it's a fact.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: May 16, 2005 02:12PM

[Q]GJK24 Wrote:

If I were you guys, I wouldn't waste your time going to this game. Duke is going to hand us our asses in a handbasket, and that's being optimistic. Sorry to be such a downer, but it's a fact.[/q]

If you were going to troll, at least use a fake email and not a non-existent cornell one.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 16, 2005 02:46PM

If that's the case -- Cornell likely to be blown away, in GJK24's opinion -- we should go anyhow and learn humility. On the off chance the Dookies should be on the losing end, maybe they could carry the H-word lesson back to their basketball fans.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 16, 2005 05:19PM

Why the knock on Duke basketball fans? They're nothing if not loud, passionate, die-hard fans. They resemble another group of fans who I admire and am proud to be a part of.

TV options for CU-Duke game growing
Date: May 16, 2005 06:53PM

It looks like there will be TV-viewing options in a few important geographic pockets. Here's a preliminary list of outlets scheduled to show the Cornell-Duke game live:

CN8 (Philadelphia area Comcast cable subscribers only)
Comcast SportsNet Mid Atlantic (Baltimore/Washington area Comcast cable subscribers only....NOT New England)
ESPNU (not confirmed for live broadcast yet)
Time Warner Cable Syracuse sports (channel 26 in Ithaca?)

Beware: tentative, unconfirmed, subject to change.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2005 07:10PM by Hillel Hoffmann.

Re: TV options for CU-Duke game growing
Date: May 16, 2005 07:49PM

[Q]Hillel Hoffmann Wrote:

It looks like there will be TV-viewing options in a few important geographic pockets. Here's a preliminary list of outlets scheduled to show the Cornell-Duke game live:

CN8 (Philadelphia area Comcast cable subscribers only)
Comcast SportsNet Mid Atlantic (Baltimore/Washington area Comcast cable subscribers only....NOT New England)
ESPNU (not confirmed for live broadcast yet)
Time Warner Cable Syracuse sports (channel 26 in Ithaca?)

Beware: tentative, unconfirmed, subject to change.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 05/16/05 07:10PM by Hillel Hoffmann.[/q]
Just pulled this off a LaxPower forum posting. I believe we're quarterfinal #4

Princeton, New Jersey Quarterfinal No. 3
TBD vs. TBD (live clearances)
Sunday, May 22 – Noon ET
CN8
CSN (Comcast Sports Net)
Altitude (Colorado)
Mediacom (Iowa)
Charter-St. Louis
TWC-Memphis
TWC Syracuse
ESPNU

Princeton, New Jersey Quarterfinal No. 4
Sunday, May 22 – 3 PM ET
CN8
CSN (Comcast Sports Net)
Altitude (Colorado)
Mediacom (Iowa)
Charter-St. Louis
TWC-Memphis
TWC Syracuse
Comcast Sportsnet West

Let's hear it again for our buds at Altitude. banana

Edit: The same posting says the "color" for the two Saturday games at Hopkins will be done by Brian Heyward. Must be someone else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2005 08:06PM by Al DeFlorio.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.chesnh01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: May 16, 2005 09:22PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote: Princeton, New Jersey Quarterfinal No. 4
Sunday, May 22 – 3 PM ET
CN8
CSN (Comcast Sports Net)
Altitude (Colorado)
Mediacom (Iowa)
Charter-St. Louis
TWC-Memphis
TWC Syracuse
Comcast Sportsnet West [/q]

The ones that need more clarity are CN8 and Comcast SportsNet. As I understand it, the game's gonna be on CN8 Philadelphia only (not CN8 New England). When it comes to Comcast SportsNet, I think it's likely gonna be CSN Mid Atlantic only (= Balt/Wash), not CSN Philadelphia, CSN Chicago, or CSN West.

Posted by: KenP (---.abrfc.noaa.gov)
Date: May 17, 2005 09:40AM

So, we've had one NEA vote regarding the outcome. Realistically, what are our chances? Duke is the #2 seed, 2nd best record (15-2), and blew Fairfield out of the water this past weekend. We've got the 3rd best record (11-2) with a weaker SOS, and had to fight tooth and nail to get past Towson. And we're playing on grass instead of turf.

Speaking without genuine knowledge (something I excel at), I'd put us in as 3:1 or 5:2 underdogs. Thoughts?

Posted by: ugarte (---.axiomlegal.com)
Date: May 17, 2005 10:42AM

[Q]KenP Wrote:

So, we've had one NEA vote regarding the outcome. Realistically, what are our chances? Duke is the #2 seed, 2nd best record (15-2), and blew Fairfield out of the water this past weekend. We've got the 3rd best record (11-2) with a weaker SOS, and had to fight tooth and nail to get past Towson. And we're playing on grass instead of turf.

Speaking without genuine knowledge (something I excel at), I'd put us in as 3:1 or 5:2 underdogs. Thoughts?[/q]I have even less knowledge than you. From what I've seen of schedules and scores, I'd make us a bigger dog than that. I am going in with low expectations and hoping for a stunning upset. I doubt that I am demoralizing anyone in Ithaca.

Date: May 17, 2005 11:36AM

[Q]KenP Wrote: Realistically, what are our chances? [/q]
I agree with Ugarte. Duke is wicked good, and they have earned their status as heavy favorites. Their attack will be the best that Cornell has seen all year by a mile. Duke's ability to create inside shots in their settled offense is unreal, mostly due to versatile soph Matt Danowski. If you want to see a scary display of what I just described, take a look at these video clips of Duke's 12-3 dismantling Georgetown on the grass in Washington earlier this year (scroll down to "video highlights";): [www.e-lacrosse.com]

So how did Maryland beat them 9-5 in the ACC championship? (1) The Terps got a huge game from their mercurial goalie. (2) They were extraordinarily patient on offense, got the most out of every possession, took good shots and controlled the pace -- in other words, they morphed into pre-2005 Princeton. (3) They took advantage of the fact that they were more fit (both teams had played the previous day).

Cornell won't have much of an opportunity to demonstrate number 3. Besides, Tambroni doesn't seem to be giving his second midfield as much PT lately.

McMonagle could pull off number 1. He did it last year against Navy. Why not?

They could pull off number 2, but that doesn't seem to be the strength of this year's team. This is the big mystery. Do you try to take some air out of the ball and reduce touches for Duke's attack? That's not easy to do when your FO game sucks. On the other hand, Duke's FO game sucks too. Or maybe Cornell should have faith in their great shooters and try to go toe-to-toe with Duke? Tough call.

Date: May 17, 2005 11:36AM

[Q]KenP Wrote:
Speaking without genuine knowledge (something I excel at), I'd put us in as 3:1 or 5:2 underdogs. Thoughts?[/q]
Any time an unseeded team plays the #2 seed, a win by the unseeded team is gonna be an upset, and that's the situation Cornell's facing Sunday.

I think this Cornell team is stronger than last year's, and that team played the #2 seed and eventual national runner-up Navy to a one-goal game in the quarterfinals. Three years ago, with an All-America defenseman playing on one leg, Cornell lost by one to #3 Virginia in the QFs. Winning is not beyond the realm, but I wouldn't go to Princeton expecting it.

Edit: For what it's worth, Duke has made the NCAA final four the same number of times as Yale and Brown: one (1997).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2005 11:45AM by Al DeFlorio.

Date: May 17, 2005 01:05PM

Cornell has been in the QF game 3 times now in the past 4 years (Virginia, Navy, and Duke), and hasn't been able to get over the hump: kind of like how the hockey team can't get over the hump and make it past the national semis and quarters, or how the baseball team can't beat Harvard in the Ivy League Championship.

It's a staple of Cornell athletics: close, but no cigar. No reason it will be any different this time.

Because these Cornell teams tend to be very resilient and pesky, I'll give Cornell some respect, and say they'll lose by a goal, 11-10, identical to that loss to UVA.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: May 17, 2005 01:22PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:
... Winning is not beyond the realm, but I wouldn't go to Princeton expecting it ...[/q]

I agree 100%. Hands down there is no question who is far superior on paper. My predictions for the game: (a) Coach Pressler and his boys try a run-n-gun battle with a dangerously fast and explosive Big Red midfield/attack we'll see a one or two goal game ala Navy last year. (b) OTOH if Duke is wise and I'm pretty sure they are, they'll play a slower pace with a deliberate offense and the ball in the sticks of their attackmen who will, it pains me to say, dismantle our defense one pass at a time.

Here's hoping for (a) but my money thinks we'll get (b).

option A:
Cornell – 11
Duke – 12

option B:
Cornell – 5
Duke – 15

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2005 04:23PM by ben03.

Posted by: Robb (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: May 17, 2005 01:23PM

asshole

Tickets at Princeton: all general admission
Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 17, 2005 02:38PM

Info I got from the Princeton ticket office*:

All seats are general admission, all in the lower bowl

There is no re-admission between games (and the e-mailer added a "Sorry" and smiley face in hopes perhaps that would make me feel better)

There is no discount for Princeton alumni (even though the Princeton site has a separate checkbox for alumni it returns the same $15 price).

Children, $10, are defined as 14 and under.

* just before being advised by my wife that, no, I cannot blow off the neighbor's kid's bar mitzvah to make the one hour trek down to Princeton because then our kids are going to want to blow it off, too, and that would leave only her attending. Sheesh, why couldn't they have done the service and party both on Saturday?

Posted by: ugarte (---.cisco.com)
Date: May 17, 2005 03:13PM

[Q]GJK24 Wrote:

Cornell has been in the QF game 3 times now in the past 4 years (Virginia, Navy, and Duke), and hasn't been able to get over the hump: kind of like how the hockey team can't get over the hump and make it past the national semis and quarters, or how the baseball team can't beat Harvard in the Ivy League Championship.

It's a staple of Cornell athletics: close, but no cigar. No reason it will be any different this time.

Because these Cornell teams tend to be very resilient and pesky, I'll give Cornell some respect, and say they'll lose by a goal, 11-10, identical to that loss to UVA.[/q]As the conversation has shifted to whether Cornell can get "over the hump" and win a national championship, I'm happy with the shift.

When Harvard gets past the first round of a national competition, give me a call, GJK.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 17, 2005 05:26PM

[Q]KenP Wrote:
Duke is the #2 seed, 2nd best record (15-2), and blew Fairfield out of the water this past weekend. We've got the 3rd best record (11-2) with a weaker SOS, and had to fight tooth and nail to get past Towson. And we're playing on grass instead of turf.[/q]According to Laxpower, we've actually got a stronger SOS than Duke:

[www.laxpower.com]

Beats me how much of that owes to the fact that we played Towson last weekend and Duke played Fairfield.

Date: May 17, 2005 06:03PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:
According to Laxpower, we've actually got a stronger SOS than Duke...
[/q]

LaxPower calculates SOS, I believe, using the LaxPower rankings, which are calculated very differently from the RPI-based SOS used by the NCAA. I'm certainly not saying the latter is better (beating Hopkins and losing to Sacred Heart gets you the same RPI as losing to Hopkins and beating Sacred Heart), just very different.

Duke played a Jekyll and Hyde schedule: Hopkins (a loss), Maryland (twice: one win, one loss), Virginia, Georgetown, Army (one of our losses), UNC (twice; our other loss), Penn State; but also Butler (lost 19-1 to Princeton), Vermont, Mt. St. Mary's, VMI; plus a few mid-pack teams (Ohio State, Loyola, UMBC). A 7-2 record against the first seven is not to be sneezed at.

Date: May 17, 2005 10:33PM

This is the big mystery. Do you try to take some air out of the ball and reduce touches for Duke's attack?...Or maybe Cornell should have faith in their great shooters and try to go toe-to-toe with Duke? Tough call.
[/q]Try asking Tambroni tomorrow which approach he has in mind. ;-)

[cornellbigred.collegesports.com]

Date: May 18, 2005 10:20AM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote: Princeton, New Jersey Quarterfinal No. 4
Duke vs. Cornell (live clearances)
Sunday, May 22 – 3 PM ET
CN8
CSN (Comcast Sports Net)
Altitude (Colorado)
Mediacom (Iowa)
Charter-St. Louis
TWC-Memphis
TWC Syracuse
Comcast Sportsnet West[/q]

Some updates:

It looks like the Cornell-Duke game is now scheduled to be shown live on BOTH versions of CN8: CN8 Mid Atlantic (Philadelphia and surrounding area) and CN8 New England (Boston and surrounding area). I think these channels are cable only -- they are not included in satellite sports add-on packages such as DirecTV's "Sports Pack."

So far only two of the four versions of Comcast SportsNet are scheduled to show the game live: Comcast SportsNet Mid Atlantic (on many cable systems in the Baltimore/Washington area) and Comcast SportsNet West (Sacramento and surrounding area). The game is still not scheduled to be on Comcast SportsNet Chicago or Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia. The good news for satellite TV subscribers and people who rely on sports bars with satellite service: CSN Mid Atlantic is part of satellite sports add-on packages such as DirecTV's "Sports Pack" (CSNMA is DTV channel 629, for example).

Also, I have information on a gathering in Atlanta, GA to watch the lacrosse game at a sports bar. If anyone's interested, please PM me.

Semi-related news for Delaware Valley lacrosse fans: Cornell lax legend Mike French, a Philly area resident and co-founder/owner of the Philadelphia Wings, has partnered up with some friends and relatives to open up a lacrosse bar (!) in West Conshohocken, PA. It's called Baggataway something or other. Looks like we'll have a new preferred gathering place in the future.

Of course, any Cornell fan who goes to a sports bar in the Philadelphia area to watch lacrosse over the next few weekends instead of driving to Princeton or South Philly should hand in their badge and gun and report to my office to clean all the erasers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2005 10:32AM by Hillel Hoffmann.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 18, 2005 11:30AM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:
LaxPower calculates SOS, I believe, using the LaxPower rankings, which are calculated very differently from the RPI-based SOS used by the NCAA. I'm certainly not saying the latter is better (beating Hopkins and losing to Sacred Heart gets you the same RPI as losing to Hopkins and beating Sacred Heart), just very different.[/q]And from having discussed this ad nauseum during hockey season, we all know that RPI isn't exactly a perfect way of measuring SOS.

Which isn't to say that Duke hasn't played some tough teams, because obviously they have, and unlike Towson they've actually BEATEN a number of them.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: May 18, 2005 01:08PM

Pedro moved back to Sunday vs. Yankees.

Looks like I'll be skipping Princeton in favor of the trip to Shea, and I'll hope for a small miracle that'll allow me to see the Red in Philly next week.

Date: May 18, 2005 04:46PM

Anyone think Pedro is going to be thrown at?

Now that he's in the NL, I've noticed he doesn't throw at people's heads as often, in fact, he's stopped that practice altogether. But remember last year when he threw at Sheffield's head, the year before (Karim Garcia in Game 3, with the Don Zimmer debacle), and the year before that (Jeter, Soriano both went to the hospital in the same game after being hit by Pedro pitches.)

If they throw at him, I hope they throw at his cortisoned hip.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: May 18, 2005 04:57PM

[Q]GJK24 Wrote:

Anyone think Pedro is going to be thrown at?

Now that he's in the NL, I've noticed he doesn't throw at people's heads as often, in fact, he's stopped that practice altogether. But remember last year when he threw at Sheffield's head, the year before (Karim Garcia in Game 3, with the Don Zimmer debacle), and the year before that (Jeter, Soriano both went to the hospital in the same game after being hit by Pedro pitches.)

If they throw at him, I hope they throw at his cortisoned hip.[/q]

Date: May 18, 2005 06:26PM

I can certainly make it to West Conshy during next hockey season! Count me in on any Del Val game gatherings.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 19, 2005 01:28AM

It is likely that there will be a NO RE-ENTRY policy for these games. If you wanna check out the Maryland-Georgetown game that starts at noon, you probably won't be able to leave Princeton Stadium and then re-enter for the Cornell game.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 05/16/05 09:43AM by Hillel Hoffmann.[/q]

They did stamp hands at Schoellkopf last year. I don't know if that was an NCAA decision or ours, but we could at least stretch our legs during the 90 minutes between games.

Date: May 19, 2005 08:08AM

The goal is to keep you inside the stadium where the only choice is to buy souvenirs or food. It's all about the $$.

Good news for Big Red
Posted by: Ken '70 (---.town.ipswich.ma.us)
Date: May 19, 2005 11:57AM

Re: Good news for Big Red
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 19, 2005 12:23PM

[Q]Ken '70 Wrote: www.cnn.com

[/q]See the thread about this.rolleyes

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: May 19, 2005 08:30PM

Semi-related news for Delaware Valley lacrosse fans: Cornell lax legend Mike French, a Philly area resident and co-founder/owner of the Philadelphia Wings, has partnered up with some friends and relatives to open up a lacrosse bar (!) in West Conshohocken, PA. It's called Baggataway something or other. Looks like we'll have a new preferred gathering place in the future.[/q]
FYI on a history of the bar name:

"Among Native Americans, there were many versions of what we now call lacrosse. Players in some tribes used two sticks, one in each hand. Women and men sometimes competed together on the same teams, but women had their own form of the sport in some areas.

The Cherokees called the sport "the little brother of war" because it was considered excellent military training. A team consisted of hundreds, even thousands, of players, often an entire village or tribe, the goals were often miles apart, and a game might last as long as three days. Since most players couldn't get anywhere near the ball, they concentrated on using the stick to injure opponents.

The Six Tribes of the Iroquois, in what is now southern Ontario and upstate New York, called their version of the game "baggataway" or "tewaraathon". It was much more organized than in most areas of the country. There were 12 to 15 players per team, and the goals were about 120 feet apart.

According to most accounts, the first Europeans to see baggataway being played were French explorers who thought the stick resembled a bishop's crozier--la crosse, in French--so the sport was given a new name. However, the French played a form of field hockey that was called jeu de la crosse, and that's a much more likely origin of the name."

Tailgate/early game?
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.ebrnsw01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 21, 2005 07:27PM

So, is anybody going to the early game, or tailgating early, or what? I'm in town already, and I have to check out by 11am, but I'm not sure how excited I am about getting to the statdium at noon for a game not involving Cornell.

Anyone who wants to make contact tomorrow, PM or email me for my cell number.

Re: Tailgate/early game?
Posted by: peterg (---.com)
Date: May 21, 2005 10:54PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

So, is anybody going to the early game, or tailgating early, or what? I'm in town already, and I have to check out by 11am, but I'm not sure how excited I am about getting to the statdium at noon for a game not involving Cornell.

Anyone who wants to make contact tomorrow, PM or email me for my cell number.[/q]

From what I hear, there will be an official tailgating spot, with a tent set up by CU people, along with a number of unofficial ones as well. Sorry I don't have any details beyond that, but I'm sure if you are there by noon, you'll find lots of Cornll activities. People will be starting as early as 9:00 I'm told.

Lacrosse crowds are notoriously good tailgaters, so I would be surprised if there was a no re-entry policy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login