Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Albany ticket suggestions

Posted by A-19 
Albany ticket suggestions
Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 09:53PM

Now that we ARE going to Albany,

1) can someone remind me which sections the official CU seats are in?

2) what is the best method to get tix?

-Will the CU box office have any left for alums after it sells to students/townies in person on Monday?
-Or is the Pepsi center a better bet?
-Then again, I guess I could try to get them through Harvard's box office

From what I remember, Pepsi security was pretty lax, and there were more than a few empty seats. With Harvard, Colgate (and if DC is in), attendance should be almost completely Cornellians

Thanks

-Mike

Re: Albany ticket suggestions
Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 09:55PM

[Q]A-19 Wrote:

Now that we ARE going to Albany,

1) can someone remind me which sections the official CU seats are in?

[/q]

The Pepsi Arena sent sections 107-113 to Cornell this morning.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.mis.prserv.net)
Date: March 12, 2005 10:18PM

I just bought my ticket online: Section 106, Row H, seat 7.

Not that it really matters. They made no attempt to enforce seating two years ago.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 10:41PM

[Q]A-19 Wrote:

With Harvard, Colgate (and if DC is in), attendance should be almost completely Cornellians

[/q]

As I recall two years ago at Albany, Dartmouth brought the second most fans. Their numbers were a far cry from Cornell, of course, but they still brought a respectable number of fans, and they aren't to be taken lightly. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure Vermont will bring more fans should they make it.

Date: March 12, 2005 10:51PM

If Vermont makes it, they will bring A CROWD. I remember them outnumbering us in Lake Placid a few years back.

Posted by: CUJacob (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 12, 2005 10:54PM

Something to keep in mind... should Vermont advance, their fans will have to decide between Albany and following Taylor Coppenrath and their hoops team in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 10:56PM

[elf.elynah.com] yup

Posted by: Drew042 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 11:26PM

Which according to Gene Nighman is about 700 tickets that will go on sale Monday morning. I assume they will sell over the phone...though you never know with the ticket office.

Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 02:54AM

well, my guess is that some of those 700 tix are already spoken for
there's maybe 50 for the band, 100 for the CHA, 50 for players' families
that leaves 500. assuming 300 people show up in person monday amd you can buy one ticket per person (a guess), that should leave a few left for phone orders i think.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 07:40AM

[Q]A-19 Wrote:

... assuming ... you can buy one ticket per person (a guess)...[/q]

say it ain't so! how much of a guess is this and how much based on ticket office experience? i only want to buy two tickets together, but i'll be able to go harass the ticket office at 8:50 on Monday, and my friend has class/work all day.

Posted by: ugarte (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 08:10AM

If it is very very important that you sit in the Cornell section, you should try to get tix from Cornell. Otherwise, relax: there will be plenty of seats in the arena left for walkup sales.

Posted by: judy (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 08:19AM

seats, what are seats? :-P except for maybe the FF, you can probably walk in and sit in a seat as long as no one else is sitting there. I don't think I normally sit in the seat marked on my ticket.

anyways, as mentioned before, if UVM isn't there, the whole place will probably be a Cornell section

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 09:20AM

At least twice I called the Cornell box office Monday morning and got tickets in the Cornell section at Lake Placid. Unless things have changed much, you ought to be okay if you call when they open at 10:00 EST.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Mike Hedrick 01 (---.arlngt01.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 09:30AM

Ah hell, I just ordered through ticketmaster, assuming Cornell would only to sell to students. At Placid we were always able to migrate to the CU section anyway though. Do you think that will be an issue for this game? (I'm in DC so the Will Call option seemed most convenient.)

Posted by: Robb (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 10:07AM

My experience is that for the ECAC tournament, people tend to float around a lot, migrate, etc and 95% of the fans aren't too picky about their seats.

I haven't made it to an NCAA regional since '96, so I don't know how those are with just 4 teams now, but back when they were 6-team regionals, people were a lot more picky about their seats. I must have been booted from the seats I was squatting in ~20 times over the course of the two days. I don't think the attendance has been as good for the 4-team regionals. Presumably more empty seats = people being less picky + greater chance of picking an unsold seat --> less hassle.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: March 13, 2005 10:08AM

Section 104 here. For future reference, is there any way to choose individual seats with the TicketBastard site?

Kyle

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 10:49AM

[Q]Robb Wrote:

My experience is that for the ECAC tournament, people tend to float around a lot, migrate, etc and 95% of the fans aren't too picky about their seats.

I haven't made it to an NCAA regional since '96, so I don't know how those are with just 4 teams now, but back when they were 6-team regionals, people were a lot more picky about their seats. I must have been booted from the seats I was squatting in ~20 times over the course of the two days. I don't think the attendance has been as good for the 4-team regionals. Presumably more empty seats = people being less picky + greater chance of picking an unsold seat --> less hassle.[/q]
In general, I think this is correct. With NCAA regionals, it may depend on the site. When a regional is in Manchester (Verizon Center?), UHN fans will likely buy up lots of tickets in advance, making for scarce availability and perhaps greater likelihood of "pickiness."

Certainly 2003 in Providence there was no issue whatsoever.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 11:56AM

[Q]krose Wrote:
Section 104 here. For future reference, is there any way to choose individual seats with the TicketBastard site?[/q]No, because Ticketmaster sucks.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 12:00PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:
No, because Ticketmaster sucks.[/q]

But hey, at least they're more expensive.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 12:07PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

krose Wrote:
Section 104 here. For future reference, is there any way to choose individual seats with the TicketBastard site?[/Q]
No, because Ticketmaster sucks.[/q]

Ticketmaster are a bunch of mindless jerks who'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.(*)

JTW

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [slack.net]

(*) The editors at Joe Schlobotnik's Sports Machine welcome applications from anyone interested in taking over the post of box office correspondent.

Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 12:39PM

Which website did you buy from? ticketmaster.com??? please let me know, so i can do the same. thanks!

Posted by: REDhead (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 01:04PM

Tickets available from Ticketmaster online now. Or by calling/going to CU ticket office on Monday 10 am. The ticket office has like double the tickets they had in 2003, so should be plenty, even with tix set aside for staff/player families. To answer your question from your other post, if it is like 2003, we would be attacking twice at the end opposite where our block seating is, so you would be looking for 102/103 or 122/123. You can't pick your sections at Ticketmaster, tho, so you might want to just get tix wherever and then move when you get there...

Date: March 13, 2005 02:53PM

I went to the Pepsi Center website, which forwarded me to Ticketshafter. I asked for a Lower Level Seat and that's what I got.

Really, all you need is a way in the door. Two years ago I had an upper deck seat, but sat in the lower bowl for all the games.

[ot] Way OT.
Date: March 13, 2005 04:01PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:...a bunch of mindless jerks who'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.[/q]April 29, 2005. I'm very much looking forward to this.

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 13, 2005 06:57PM

NCAA Basketball Bracket is out. UVM B-Ball is sent to Worcester for the Friday game, that is really gonna hurt their hockey traveling contingent (should they win tonight). It makes it real easy for UVM fans to watch their team in the tourney, and I believe many of them shall.

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 07:06PM

If that UVM-Syracuse game is a 12:00 one, it would be possible to catch that game in Worcester, and make the easy 2 hour drive to Albany to arrive in time for a UVM - Cornell game. That is if fans want to make the drive to see their team take on 2 Central New York favorites in a row.

Of course, if Vermont were to play in the ECAC championship game on Friday. We're hoping (and expecting) that that wont happen.

Posted by: froogle (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 08:09PM

Does anyobody know if there is a limit to the amont of tickets you can buy from the cu ticket office.

Posted by: Andy (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 08:10PM

How many tickets will i be able to buy at once at the box office? If i bring peoples student id's will I be able to buy tickets for them?

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 08:30PM

Don't think there's information about a ticket limit. But if there is a limit, I would count on bringing other peoples IDs not getting you very far.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2005 08:59PM by Josh 03.

Posted by: Molly (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 08:51PM

Does anyone know where the sections for the other three teams are?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 09:22AM

Wait, we can get tickets through the box office - or is that only for local? Will they put them at the Albany box office on Will Call? Or do you have to be in Ithaca to pick them up?

Posted by: CUlater 89 (64.244.223.---)
Date: March 14, 2005 09:35AM

[Q]Jeff Hopkins '82 Wrote:

I went to the Pepsi Center website, which forwarded me to Ticketshafter. I asked for a Lower Level Seat and that's what I got.

Really, all you need is a way in the door. Two years ago I had an upper deck seat, but sat in the lower bowl for all the games.[/q]

It has, in the past, been pretty easy to change seats. On the other hand, you can also call Ticketmaster to get tickets and ask the seller for a specific section.

Date: March 14, 2005 10:37AM

Bump... cause its sorta time critical... does anyone know if we can order through Cornell and pick up at the Pepsi Arena? Or is TicketMaster my only option?

Date: March 14, 2005 10:38AM

Just came off the ticket line--107 & 108 are unavailable (gone to Coach); phone orders are being delayed until the line diminishes....

Date: March 14, 2005 10:40AM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Bump... cause its sorta time critical... does anyone know if we can order through Cornell and pick up at the Pepsi Arena? Or is TicketMaster my only option?[/q]

Two years ago, you could purchase from the CU ticket office over the phone and they would mail the tickets to you.

Date: March 14, 2005 10:44AM

Was the shipping time on that quick? I plan on heading to Albany on Thursday, I'd much rather do Will Call. I guess I'll hold out and try the ticket office first.

Date: March 14, 2005 10:46AM

Fred, Don't know if they will leave tix at will call--they'll be sending unsold tix back on Wed, so maybe.....
(check your email for message!)

Re: Phone Orders
Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 11:21AM

Anyone have any sense as to what time they'll start takign phone orders? I just called at 11:15 and got the message that they're not taking them yet.

Re: Phone Orders
Date: March 14, 2005 11:40AM

[Q]Killer Wrote:

Anyone have any sense as to what time they'll start takign phone orders? I just called at 11:15 and got the message that they're not taking them yet.[/q]

Me too at 11:40

Date: March 14, 2005 11:45AM

The message is tricky ;-)

Just hold on the line and it'll ring through. Pressing 4 gets you nowhere, just hold on and they'll pick up. I just figured this out after several attempt. They also *do* do Will Call, which is very cool for me.

I got mid-110

They have 110, 111, and 112 left- at least that much I guess - those are the choices he gave me.

Happy hunting!

Posted by: Kristi 97 (---.bing.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2005 11:49AM

I actually hit 4 at the prompt and after a wait on hold, got through and got all 8 tickets I was looking for. BTW, ticketmaster either online or calling the Albany office, only showed 228-230.

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 11:57AM

So far, this hasn't worked. When I stay on the line, it eventually rolls over to voice mail and tells me I can leave a message. Hitting 0 doesn't really seem to help either.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 12:32PM

I remember two years ago, they did not sell seats in the upper deck at the ends of the rink. They just hung up black curtains to hide the empty seats. That could be why they only have a few sections left.

Date: March 14, 2005 01:02PM

That's what Cornell had left. I'm sure the 200s are wide open if you go through Ticketmaster.

Also, if they have plans to curtain off some sections, they'll probably change their minds if tickets sell well enough.

Date: March 14, 2005 01:05PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

The message is tricky

Just hold on the line and it'll ring through. Pressing 4 gets you nowhere, just hold on and they'll pick up. I just figured this out after several attempt. They also *do* do Will Call, which is very cool for me.

I got mid-110

They have 110, 111, and 112 left- at least that much I guess - those are the choices he gave me.

Happy hunting![/q]

Thanks for the note. I just got 111.

Re: Ticket Master vs Cornell
Date: March 14, 2005 01:44PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

That's what Cornell had left. I'm sure the 200s are wide open if you go through Ticketmaster.

Also, if they have plans to curtain off some sections, they'll probably change their minds if tickets sell well enough.[/q]

I just bought my set of tickets on the phone through the Cornell box office and all-session passes were only $24 per ticket compared to $40ish per ticket on ticketmaster. Tickets will be left at Will Call at the Pepsi Arena!

Tickets are still left! I got through by dialing 607-254-2327 x4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2005 01:45PM by atb9.

Date: March 14, 2005 02:01PM

Um, children's All Session are $24. Single Session (single day) are $25.

Maybe Cornell is doing $24 for students too? Did you at all say/imply you were a student?

You might want to double check your oder, but I paid the full $46.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 02:46PM

According to the press release, I believe students' all-session tickets were $24 each.

Posted by: Drew042 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 02:48PM

Tickets were $24 for students. They were regular price ($46) for general public. Smartly, they actually had two lines to make the process a little easier. Tickets were going fast when I was there around noon, but they still had plenty left.

Posted by: CornellFan (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 14, 2005 02:56PM

Does the Cornell section of fans typically stand for the ECAC tournament at the Pepsi Arena?

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 03:13PM

$24 for all the games or just one day? If it's all the games I'm going to be very angry with myself.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 14, 2005 03:16PM

Student tickets are $24 for the whole weekend

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.rtp.epa.gov)
Date: March 14, 2005 03:24PM

[Q]CornellFan Wrote:

Does the Cornell section of fans typically stand for the ECAC tournament at the Pepsi Arena?[/q]

The one and only time Cornell was in the ECAC tournament at the Pepsi Arena, the Cornell fans in the 100 levels sat and the Cornell fans in the 200 level (directly above) stood.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 06:21PM

Actually it's mix and match. Some sections stand, some sit. Depends on the ratio of students to townies/parents. The closer your seat is to the band, the more likely you'll stand. At least that's the way it was at LP in the past.

Date: March 14, 2005 07:16PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Um, children's All Session are $24. Single Session (single day) are $25.

Maybe Cornell is doing $24 for students too? Did you at all say/imply you were a student?

You might want to double check your oder, but I paid the full $46.[/q]

Oy, so I gotta call them up and hope they can fish through all of the orders and find mine...I got no confirmation # or anything...Ugh

Never once did I say student...and since when do they sell student tickets over the phone??? I sure as hell did say, shouldn't it be $80? Because I went to the Pepsi arena Saturday evening to purchase tickets...And he said no. Ugh.

Posted by: judy (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 14, 2005 09:35PM

[Q]Jeff Hopkins '82 Wrote:

Actually it's mix and match. Some sections stand, some sit. Depends on the ratio of students to townies/parents. The closer your seat is to the band, the more likely you'll stand. At least that's the way it was at LP in the past.[/q]

they like to put the bands in the upper level.

Posted by: bs (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 10:26PM

Is is easy to get tickets just coming up to the booth at the Pepsi Arena? I cannot make it Friday but can on Saturday for the championship.. Are tickets still available by phone at Cornell?

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 10:33PM

[Q]bs Wrote:

Is is easy to get tickets just coming up to the booth at the Pepsi Arena? I cannot make it Friday but can on Saturday for the championship.. Are tickets still available by phone at Cornell?[/q]

If you're only going to come on Saturday, my advice would be to try to find someone who can pick up a cheap Saturday ticket for you from a fan of one of the teams that loses on Friday. There will almost certainly be plenty of those fans who don't want to stick around until Saturday, and will be happy to get just about anything for the ticket they won't be using.

Good luck.
Andy W.

Date: March 14, 2005 11:40PM

[Q]bs Wrote:

Is is easy to get tickets just coming up to the booth at the Pepsi Arena? I cannot make it Friday but can on Saturday for the championship.. Are tickets still available by phone at Cornell?[/q]It was very easy in 2003. I showed up at the arena as the puck was dropped and there were thousands of tickets still available.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login