Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell Women 5 Princeton 1

Posted by Towerroad 
Cornell Women 5 Princeton 1
Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 31, 2010 10:01AM

On a more positive note the Women are 4-0-0 and take on Mercyhurst on Tues.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2010 07:19PM by Beeeej.

Re: Cornell 5 Princeton 1
Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: November 01, 2010 03:11PM

A friend of mine was one of the refs for this game and said Cornell pretty much dominated (though I guess you could see that from the score).

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: November 01, 2010 04:05PM

With Mercyhurst on Tues and Harvard on Fri we will find out how they fare against ranked competition.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 01, 2010 05:47PM

Just for clarity, could we get in the habit of putting a tag in the title of threads like this to indicate which team you're talking about? It may be clear to regulars that the women played Princeton and the men played UNH this past weekend, but maybe not to casual fans and certainly not if you're searching through threads a few months from now.

Posted by: ACM (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 01, 2010 08:09PM

KeithK
Just for clarity, could we get in the habit of putting a tag in the title of threads like this to indicate which team you're talking about? It may be clear to regulars that the women played Princeton and the men played UNH this past weekend, but maybe not to casual fans and certainly not if you're searching through threads a few months from now.

Maybe it's time to have separate forums for women's hockey and men's hockey.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 01, 2010 08:21PM

nr53
A friend of mine was one of the refs for this game and said Cornell pretty much dominated (though I guess you could see that from the score).

I was at the game. I didn't think we played that amazingly. We looked a little sloppy, but we just had so much better ability to skate, stick handle, pass, and shoot than Princeton, we were still able to win 5-1. Rebecca Johnston skated rings around the Princeton players. That said, they'll have to tighten it up a bit in order to win tomorrow. It was really impressive to see Hayley Hughes return after taking a slapshot on her shin and being down on the ice surface for a while.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: November 02, 2010 08:08AM

ACM
KeithK

I like this idea. Age? I thought about a cheerleader smiley, but it didn't seem right.

Posted by: mattj711 (---.jentner.com)
Date: November 02, 2010 08:49AM

Ronald '09
nr53

I was at the game. I didn't think we played that amazingly. We looked a little sloppy, but we just had so much better ability to skate, stick handle, pass, and shoot than Princeton, we were still able to win 5-1. Rebecca Johnston skated rings around the Princeton players. That said, they'll have to tighten it up a bit in order to win tomorrow. It was really impressive to see Hayley Hughes return after taking a slapshot on her shin and being down on the ice surface for a while.

I agree. We have a ton of skill (definitely more than most teams), but there are still some issues that will need to be worked on. I do think we are ahead of where we were at this time last season.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 03, 2010 11:52AM

Jim Hyla
ACM
KeithK

I like this idea. Age? I thought about a cheerleader smiley, but it didn't seem right.

cheer for the women
banana for the men

Pretty simple. whistle
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2010 11:53AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 05, 2010 12:13AM

Trotsky
Jim Hyla
ACM
KeithK

cheer for the women
banana for the men

Pretty simple. whistle

Maybe it should be the reverse:

banana for the women
cheer for the men

Or would that be too heteronormative? blush

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 05, 2010 10:04AM

Swampy
Trotsky
Jim Hyla
ACM
KeithK

cheer for the women
banana for the men

Pretty simple. whistle

Maybe it should be the reverse:

banana for the women
cheer for the men

Or would that be too heteronormative? blush

Yeah, one is descriptive, the other is prescriptive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login