Alumni in the pros 26-27

Started by stereax, July 01, 2026, 03:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereax

Also, Jack O'Brien seems to be with the Norfolk Admirals - my understanding is it's a PTO.
Law '27, Section C denizen, liveblogging from Lynah!
it's ster-e-ax, like stereo

stereax

Apparently Barstool has a running thing with Stanley, because his name is Hoyt, and they wanted a collection of Hoyts.

Anyways, fun tidbit I found from peeking into those old streams: he took a bunch of summer classes, extra credits, etc to graduate a year early - so the Cornell '26 is accurate. Probably the team was also aware of this, hence the d-men they brought in when they did.
Law '27, Section C denizen, liveblogging from Lynah!
it's ster-e-ax, like stereo

Trotsky

Quote from: stereax on September 27, 2026, 07:32:56 PMAlso, Jack O'Brien seems to be with the Norfolk Admirals - my understanding is it's a PTO.
This is really nothing short of amazing.  Talk about a late bloomer and hard worker.  Holy shit, he went from nothing to getting a pro deal.

Trotsky

Quote from: stereax on September 26, 2026, 06:50:41 PMAye, that's what I'm saying. It feels like the Flames are using him more as a "get in front of the net in the offensive zone" player? At least from the little bit I remember watching.

This brings home just how otherwordly the talent level in the N is.  Castagna is one of the best guys for working inside a phone booth we've ever seen, but at that level his skills aren't even notable. 

marty

Quote from: stereax on September 28, 2026, 01:01:00 AMApparently Barstool has a running thing with Stanley, because his name is Hoyt, and they wanted a collection of Hoyts.

Anyways, fun tidbit I found from peeking into those old streams: he took a bunch of summer classes, extra credits, etc to graduate a year early - so the Cornell '26 is accurate. Probably the team was also aware of this, hence the d-men they brought in when they did.

Are you in the wrong field?  Is there a future for you in forensic law - if that's a thing?

Good for him.
"When we came off, [Bitz] said, 'Thank God you scored that goal,'" Moulson said. "He would've killed me if I didn't."

stereax

Quote from: marty on September 28, 2026, 06:26:19 AM
Quote from: stereax on September 28, 2026, 01:01:00 AMApparently Barstool has a running thing with Stanley, because his name is Hoyt, and they wanted a collection of Hoyts.

Anyways, fun tidbit I found from peeking into those old streams: he took a bunch of summer classes, extra credits, etc to graduate a year early - so the Cornell '26 is accurate. Probably the team was also aware of this, hence the d-men they brought in when they did.

Are you in the wrong field?  Is there a future for you in forensic law - if that's a thing?

Good for him.
I'm not sure if it is 😅 I think the police, FBI, etc are the ones who handle investigations 😂

Hardest worker, on and off the ice!
Law '27, Section C denizen, liveblogging from Lynah!
it's ster-e-ax, like stereo

stereax

Keopple to be the EBUG for the Rangers!

Explains why he was at the Rangers' camps.
Law '27, Section C denizen, liveblogging from Lynah!
it's ster-e-ax, like stereo

The Rancor

Quote from: stereax on September 28, 2026, 05:04:06 PMKeopple to be the EBUG for the Rangers!

Explains why he was at the Rangers' camps.

I wonder what his staff position is/will be at the NYR? Also, TIL all EBUGs will wear the number 00 as per the CBA.

stereax

Quote from: The Rancor on September 28, 2026, 07:00:44 PM
Quote from: stereax on September 28, 2026, 05:04:06 PMKeopple to be the EBUG for the Rangers!

Explains why he was at the Rangers' camps.

I wonder what his staff position is/will be at the NYR? Also, TIL all EBUGs will wear the number 00 as per the CBA.

Doesn't say he needs to have one with NYR. They could bump him some cash on the side for some work, I'm sure. But he could also pretty easily do some finance job while also doing the travel-to-games-and-play-in-practices thing, no? Not like most finance jobs do anything anyway
Law '27, Section C denizen, liveblogging from Lynah!
it's ster-e-ax, like stereo

The Rancor

I thought the CBA said they have to be employed by the club, but I assumed that meant as a scout, trainer etc... maybe bean counter or ticket taker counts? FWIW he was at the Johnson School.

stereax

speaking of Stanley, he made the opening night roster - though I believe he'll likely be in the press box for now and sent down to Belleville once Zub is healthy
Law '27, Section C denizen, liveblogging from Lynah!
it's ster-e-ax, like stereo

stereax

Penney landed with the Trenton Ironhawks (ECHL).
Law '27, Section C denizen, liveblogging from Lynah!
it's ster-e-ax, like stereo

sah67

Poor Sam getting no respect from the Colorado locker room staff:
https://x.com/FerPucksSake/status/2104996964291227842