Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

ESPN's Andy Katz on Cornell in NIT

Posted by CornellFan 
ESPN's Andy Katz on Cornell in NIT
Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: August 18, 2008 04:27PM

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Re: ESPN's Andy Katz on Cornell in NIT
Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: August 18, 2008 04:55PM

No link to the original source material? No excerpt? Dude, put in a little effort rather than just linking to your blog post.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 18, 2008 06:32PM

Why would he give you source material or links? Then you wouldn't be forced to go through his blog.

Here's the link, but the material is insider anyway:
[insider.espn.go.com]

Here's the key content for those who don't want to click through:

The other three hosts are Oklahoma, Arizona and Boston College, with Davidson a possible spoiler in OU's group and a dangerous Cornell team in BC's bracket. (St. John's is also in BC's bracket, which is remarkable since this is a New York-based tourney and the Red Storm are on the road.)

Hardly worth the bits it took to transmit it probably.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2008 08:50PM by DeltaOne81.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: August 18, 2008 10:15PM

Josh '99
No link to the original source material? No excerpt? Dude, put in a little effort rather than just linking to your blog post.

Josh, why do you hate America?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: August 18, 2008 10:50PM

Beeeej
Josh '99

I guess I got let off easily. I was only accused of hating basketball when I first complained.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: August 18, 2008 11:22PM

RichH
Beeeej
Josh '99

I guess I got let off easily. I was only accused of hating basketball when I first complained.
Plus, I thought hating basketball was acceptable on a (predominantly) hockey site.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 19, 2008 12:35AM

I don't mind the link and lack of additional information so much as the fact that the only additional Cornell-related information in the post is that Katz called Cornell 'dangerous'. I would have expected at least a couple more words to warrant a post.

CornellFan definitely is an enigma. I wonder what the basketball players think of him.

Posted by: RichH (155.104.37.---)
Date: August 19, 2008 10:48AM

mnagowski
CornellFan definitely is an enigma. I wonder what the basketball players think of him.

They can probably tell him directly by visiting his stalking spot in the shrubs outside their apartments. ;-)

Posted by: djk26 (65.91.169.---)
Date: August 19, 2008 12:19PM

I like CornellFan. His blog is terrific, and provides great information about the basketball team.

Having said that, this particular posting probably not worth too much attention.

Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: August 19, 2008 05:25PM

mnagowski
I don't mind the link and lack of additional information so much as the fact that the only additional Cornell-related information in the post is that Katz called Cornell 'dangerous'. I would have expected at least a couple more words to warrant a post.

By Khaliq Gant, Cornell Men's Basketball
TheCampusWord.com
March 11, 2008

Jeff Foote, the 7 foot sensation on our team remarked to me that it's weird to think that if we didn't make tournament that we would be finished with basketball for the season. It's different from what I've been through the last three years, but is definitely something I could get used to.

I checked the best source for news about our team, the cornellbasketball.blogspot.com today and oddly enough saw my picture on there talking about how I am blogging about our team. We always joke how comprehensive that site is, and how they probably know what we eat for breakfast everyday. That is a great site and it's always interesting to see what the media puts out about our team. Since most of my teammates check that site too they will all know I am writing about them too, since I haven't told them yet. I haven't received any threats to not write certain things yet, but I am waiting for them to roll in any day now.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 19, 2008 05:54PM

djk26
I like CornellFan. His blog is terrific, and provides great information about the basketball team.

Having said that, this particular posting probably not worth too much attention.

I agree, however it would not take a lot of effort for him to summarize what he is referring to and then post the link to his blog. I also check his site for info, but many would like a short synopsis and then they can dig deeper if they wish.

At least with his post in another thread the subject title tells us CU was given a ninth seed and we can look further if we want.

To philosophize for a moment, I think all that most people want from their associates is a little consideration.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 19, 2008 06:39PM

CornellFan
mnagowski

By Khaliq Gant, Cornell Men's Basketball
TheCampusWord.com
March 11, 2008

Jeff Foote, the 7 foot sensation on our team remarked to me that it's weird to think that if we didn't make tournament that we would be finished with basketball for the season. It's different from what I've been through the last three years, but is definitely something I could get used to.

I checked the best source for news about our team, the cornellbasketball.blogspot.com today and oddly enough saw my picture on there talking about how I am blogging about our team. We always joke how comprehensive that site is, and how they probably know what we eat for breakfast everyday. That is a great site and it's always interesting to see what the media puts out about our team. Since most of my teammates check that site too they will all know I am writing about them too, since I haven't told them yet. I haven't received any threats to not write certain things yet, but I am waiting for them to roll in any day now.
Win.

CornellFan Posts About Jeff Foote Blogging About CornellFan Blogging About Jeff Foote Blogging About the Team
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: August 19, 2008 10:35PM

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: August 20, 2008 10:41PM

See, you can blog from a T9 keypad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login