Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

POST GAME CORNELL 3-2 COLORADO COLLEGE

Posted by LaJollaRed 
POST GAME CORNELL 3-2 COLORADO COLLEGE
Posted by: LaJollaRed (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 08:40PM

This game felt quite emblematic of the entire season, for both teams. It was as though I was watching two different games, from one line shift to another.

I was furious at Sasha for some stupid turn overs in the first, but his stomach slide saved a possible goal and finally lived up to his draft number.

McKee wasn't fabulous, but made some important saves down the wire.

Moulson and Topher were on game, and Gleed's goal was very, very nice...Finally a BACKHAND SHOT. (I swear, I haven't seen one all season)

Tomorrow vs. Wis-caaaan-siyn. Let's Go Red.

Re: POST GAME CORNELL 3-2 COLORADO COLLEGE
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.0.127.199.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 08:43PM

I can't remember the last time I've seen Cornell defensemen jump into the play as much as tonight. I think Seminoff was the only guy who didn't jump up at least once.

Date: March 25, 2006 08:47PM

Absoultely...

Sawada was very good tonight as well...Skating faster than I've seen him go in a while.

Moulson's comment about Schafer in between periods was also nice. It reminded me of something somoeone said about him years ago. (He says the right things)

The announcers asked what Coach said to them in between periods and Moulson said:

"I'm not sure I can repeat every word of it"

AAAAGH! WHAT A GREAT GAME! LET'S GO RED!!!!!

Posted by: Per Djoos (---.157.104.54.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 08:49PM

Great game.

Great adjustments made after the first period. McKee settled down and we stayed out of the box, which was huge.

I hope they remember the recipe for tomorrow and we'll be headed to Milwaukee.

LGR !

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 08:50PM

got back from uncle joes....good times, alot of fans cheering on the big red. see you guys there tomorrow :)

Posted by: Mike K (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 08:51PM

What a win. This is by far the proudest i've ever been of any team I've either been apart of, or watched. To get down 2-0 to a great colarado college team it would have been very easy to pack it in and call it a season. But, to show the heart to come back and win and shut down the best O in the nation is an amazing achievment. Are chances against Wisconsin aren't great but you never know. We have to play a full 60 minutes of hockey. We can't take stupid penatlies. HAVE to stay out of the box.

LGR!!!! This is where we have all waited to get back to since last year, ONE WIN AWAY FROM THE FROZEN FOUR!!!!!!!

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 08:58PM

Mike K
This is where we have all waited to get back to since last year, ONE WIN AWAY FROM THE FROZEN FOUR!!!!!!!

That is the bottom line.

Cornell has now been at least an Elite 8 team in 02, 03, 05, and 06. That's pretty sweet, whatever happens tomorrow.

Posted by: TCHL8842 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 25, 2006 08:59PM

This was a nice win. CU and CC have contrasting styles and usually the defensive team wins. I knew the CC PP would give our PKers trouble. Sertich and Sterling are to good of players to allow the kind of room they get on the PP. This showed up with Sertich? getting 2 assists and Sterling had one too. This game, we minimized our dumb penalties, after the 1st, and we took the game to CC. CC seemed tired at the end of the game. If we use our size advantage we should tire out most of the teams left in the tourney by the 3rd period.

Now onto Wisconsin. From what I heard Wisconsin plays a similar style of play to us. Wisconsin plays the trap, and waits for errand passes and capitilizes on the other teams mistakes. Wisconsin will be a hard team to comeback on, so I think scoring first is critical for our success tomorrow. I knew Wisconsin gets better recruits, but I don't know how long they have been playing this defensive system. If it is the first year, we should be able to break down the trap by long passes. Besides this I don't know much about the Badgers, except Elliot is supoosedly an exceptional goalie.

Well only 1 of the 4 teams (MN, NH, MSU, Harvard) I wanted Cornell to play is left. Tomorrow should be an exciting game to watch, I predict the first team to 2 wins this one.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2006 09:08PM by TCHL8842.

Posted by: schoaff (---.ga.at.cox.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 09:04PM

First time I've ever felt glad Wisconsin lost Kessel to Minnesota ;-)

Posted by: Tom14850 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 09:06PM

I think Cornell did themselves and the ECAC very proud (Sucks Sucks) with the come from behind win. They played Cornell hockey the last two periods perfectly.

The one thing that impressed me was some of the speed shown by the Cornell players. I myself knew that Cornell had some good speed, but I was interested to see the comparison with CC, a team that is nationally recognized as having very good team speed. There were a couple of near breakaways where a Cornell forward actually outskated the CC defense. Part of this is "Hey! We do have good speed!" and part of it was Cornell wanted it more in the second half. Either way, it was exciting to watch.

I'll admit, I wasn't optimistic after spotting the 2 goal lead - Especially not considering the way Cornell failed to come from behind against Harvard.

Tomorrow will be more difficult. The scoring chances will be harder to come by, which puts Cornell in a very difficult position. Defense better come out playing very well, without taking any penalties.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2006 09:08PM by Tom14850.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 09:26PM

Tom14850
I think Cornell did themselves and the ECAC very proud (Sucks Sucks) with the come from behind win. They played Cornell hockey the last two periods perfectly.
But what will Bob Norton have to say.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 09:29PM

Very satisfying win. Once Cornell started playing its game with some semblance of confidence, they really controlled things quite nicely. I'm glad it was played on a standard-sized ice surface this year.

Posted by: MattShaf (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 09:33PM

A great victory tonight. The 2nd period power play goal was clearly the turning point of the game. After a horrible first period, Cornell finally mounted some sustained offense in the second but couldn't finish until the nice give and go that led to the first goal. Cornell clearly controlled the third and were finally able to take advantage of the CC giveaways in their own zone. It was great to see the ref put the whistle in his pocket in the third and let the teams play.
Tomorrow night should be an awesome fight.

Posted by: gatitita '05 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 09:38PM

do they usually play on olympic ice? it looked like we did a lot better working off the boards...

Date: March 25, 2006 09:41PM

gatitita '05
do they usually play on olympic ice? it looked like we did a lot better working off the boards...
Yes, and yes.

Posted by: hrg5 (---.city.ac.uk)
Date: March 25, 2006 09:49PM

can i get a box score

Posted by: redGrinch (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 09:50PM

hrg5
can i get a box score
goto [www.collegehockeystats.net]

Posted by: A-ron (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 09:52PM

McKee really impressed me tonight. There was one play where he skated all the way out beyond the circles to pass the puck up which prevented one of the speedy CC skaters from getting there first. I remember thinking, "wow, where did Cornell get an extra defender from?" Then I realized it was McKee. It could have been risky to leave the net open, but it showed he read the play developing in front of him and made a decision without hesitation...it's good to see him have that confidence after the loss to sucks.

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 10:20PM

It's a bit disturbing that the Big Red didn't bother to show up for the first period for the second game in a row (1 shot on goal the entire period? The last time that happened to Cornell, I think it was a five-minute overtime) But thankfully they showed plenty of heart and determination in the comeback, playing like the team we were expecting at the start of the season. Whatever unrepeatable things Coach Schafer said during the first intermission, he might want to say them again before the start of the game against Wisconsin, because it looks like if the Badgers go up by two it'll be lights out.

Statistically speaking, Elliott is the top goalie in the NCAA in terms of GAA and save percentage. He went out with an injury late in January (and Wisconsin was mediocre without him). His first three games back, he was horrendous (15 goals allowed) -- since then, he's had four shutouts in seven games. Opportunities against the Badgers will be few and far between, so the Big Red is going to have to finish whatever chances they get. But Cornell certainly appears to have a better chance to win a game like this than they did a week ago... or even two periods ago.

And, since I was the first to say this Big Red team reminds me of the disappointing 90-91 squad, let me also be the first to officially say "No, they don't."

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 10:22PM

Great win. I agree that it was nice to see McKee out there handling the puck in that situation, instead of sitting back and allowing the guy to come in on the break as usual. However, I wouldn't call it an incredible play, it's just that McKee, for all he is good at, never does it.

Man, so awesome to see Cornell play, from what I have seen, their best 40 min of hockey when it counted. Keep it up boys. Let's Go Red!

Brian Crespi '06

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 10:28PM

Jim Hyla
Tom14850
But what will Bob Norton have to say.
I'm sure somebody on one of the two teams went to a New England prep school, so he can talk about that.

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 10:28PM

Nicely done, very nicely done. Good luck to you tomorrow!

Posted by: jkahn (69.28.15.---)
Date: March 25, 2006 10:33PM

In the very first shift of the second period you could see we were a different hockey team than the one that played the first. Perhaps we were just too worried about stopping CC's offense in the first, and the desperation of an 0-2 deficit plus a chance for Mike to regroup them was all they needed. I was surprised CC could do so little - we completely outworked them in periods 2 and 3. My favorite cheer by the Faithful tonight - (pointing to us, then CC fans) - "few fans, fewer fans, few fans, fewer fans."

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 10:39PM

jkahn
(pointing to us, then CC fans) - "few fans, fewer fans, few fans, fewer fans."

They did make the Faithful look good on TV. And it looked like there was better attendence than Albany. Did the Wisconsin fans stick around for the nightcap?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 10:41PM

One thing I was pretty happy with, from the moment the game started, was just that our guys looked comfortable out there. No early game nerves or jitters. Now, that doesn't make a win, since when our team has had issues, they've been bigger than that. But it seems like a great sign to me for future years when we have a very good team - or hell, even this year with a solid game and a little luck :).

They looked comfortable from the get-go, and they didn't need a settling in period. Although they did need time to wear CC down and not take penalties, but that's a different issue. But I just think it shows what NCAA experience can do for you... unless of course you're Harvard.

Posted by: gatitita '05 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 10:44PM

in the first period, it looked like our guys kept getting hit by two or even three of their players... but it seemed like trying to be everywhere wore them out for the second and third periods... and with our momentum from topher's goal, they just looked tired!

Posted by: RedAR (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 10:45PM

Thanks Drew. Unfortunately, RichS probably had a coronary tonight as Cornell chipped away at the 2 goal deficit. To you Richs, FUCK YOU!

Date: March 25, 2006 10:47PM

nyc94
jkahn

They did make the Faithful look good on TV. And it looked like there was better attendence than Albany. Did the Wisconsin fans stick around for the nightcap?
The place looked almost full and the Green Bay paper said it was a sell out, although the paper also said capacity was 8709 and attendance was listed as something like 7800. The crowd was 95% Badgers and about 40% of them stuck around for our game.

Posted by: peterg (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 10:52PM

RedAR
Thanks Drew. Unfortunately, RichS probably had a coronary tonight as Cornell chipped away at the 2 goal deficit. To you Richs, FUCK YOU!

Wow, any time, but especially on a night with a BIG Big Red win, this seems uncalled for.

Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 10:56PM

RedAR

I find this to be a bit too personal.. but I can certainly understand your point of view and see where this is coming from.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 11:01PM

Why the heck would RichS be anywhere mildly at the forefront of anyones thoughts tonight?

Enjoy what we just witnessed, savor the victory for 20 hours, and hit the rink (and bars) again tomorrow and hope for a similar result.

I feel like I'm still catching my breath..(I had to step outside SoF with about 6 mins left because I felt like I was hyperventilating)...

Posted by: CUlater 89 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 11:01PM

fenwick
And, since I was the first to say this Big Red team reminds me of the disappointing 90-91 squad, let me also be the first to officially say "No, they don't."

Really? That team won its first NCAA game, coming from behind, as well. Unfortunately, it was a best-of-three series, on the road.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 11:06PM

Jordan 04
Why the heck would RichS be anywhere mildly at the forefront of anyones thoughts tonight?

Because he was taking unnecessary shots at the eLynah faithful over on USCHO yesterday, perhaps?

Date: March 25, 2006 11:08PM

nyc94
Jordan 04

Because he was taking unnecessary shots at the eLynah faithful over on USCHO yesterday, perhaps?

1. What else is new? rolleyes

2. Who cares?

3. The game was frickin' amazing. While thoughts of RichS may make it even more savory, I would think that shouldn't be necessary after that comeback.

Posted by: Ken'70 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 11:25PM

Great game by Cornell. Really terrific, exciting hockey. CC is a fast team? Then I guess we are too.

:-D

Posted by: David Harding (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 11:27PM

When I realized Wednesday evening that I could actually go to the game, I tried to buy tickets on-line and was told that there were none available. It's a long enough haul for me that I decided not to risk going and not being able to get in.

Date: March 25, 2006 11:48PM

From the CHN article: ""They wore us down with their size," said Tigers coach Scott Owens. "Everything took two or three times more to get the puck away from them."

[www.collegehockeynews.com]

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: March 26, 2006 12:02AM

Congratulations to our band and fans. You may have been few, but you were loud enough for my friends and I to cheer along- Hey Bâby in the 1st, rounds of Davy, Sieve, it's all your fault cheers, cowbell, Alma Mater, Gary Glitter in the middle of the 3rd (commercial and announcers so couldn't hear at beginning of the 3rd).

Keep up the good work. You will have to all be at the top of your game to compete with the numerous Bucky fans.

Be proud, Be loud!! LGR!!!!!!

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 26, 2006 01:11AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. banana

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2006 01:12AM by Beeeej.

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 26, 2006 01:38AM

well, time for bed. just finished watching the game. we had it tivoing and my wife thought to extend the taping of the game in case it started late or went into OT. unfortunately she picked the broadcast that switched to the wild game! It switched right as cornell tied it up and then the recording stopped. I searched and found the 1130 replay and we only lost like a minute of playing time if that. sweet victory. i was VERY impressed with CC's speed and puck handling. I was also VERY impressed with how cornell turned it around and played a smart, tough game while also staying active in the offensive zone. the game I thought was called evenly, though some penalties were missed both ways, none too dangerous that I saw. KUDOS to coach for lighting the fire under their asses during intermission. look forward to the game tomorrow :)
LGR!
PS
I thought that the defensemen played a sound game. besides some giveaways early, great stickwork, great positioning, countless fast skating to overtake the CC forwards on oddman rushes or breaks. VERY impressive. Dave looked solid in net.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2006 01:39AM by jy3.

Posted by: billhoward (---.bravanta.com)
Date: March 26, 2006 02:17AM

We've been supportive of ECAC teams if they were fortunate enough to advance (some of us even extending that to Harvard), and Rich seemed reasonable in the same vein. He's just a different ape when it's Clarkson still in contention against the Big Red.

Date: March 26, 2006 02:21AM

jkahn
nyc94
jkahn

The place looked almost full and the Green Bay paper said it was a sell out, although the paper also said capacity was 8709 and attendance was listed as something like 7800. The crowd was 95% Badgers and about 40% of them stuck around for our game.

In whatever ways Wisconsin is the scum of the earth (such as keeping Cornell from earning an NCAA title in 1973, which is now pretty ancient) ... you've got to give their fans credit for being one of the two of three best fan groups in America.

Date: March 26, 2006 02:24AM

Al DeFlorio
From the CHN article: ""They wore us down with their size," said Tigers coach Scott Owens. "Everything took two or three times more to get the puck away from them."

[www.collegehockeynews.com]

Blather, blather, blather. The CHN story is about how poor CC lost, not about how Cornell won. At least the first couple grafs.

Posted by: Steve M (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 26, 2006 02:47AM

Tom14850
The one thing that impressed me was some of the speed shown by the Cornell players. I myself knew that Cornell had some good speed, but I was interested to see the comparison with CC, a team that is nationally recognized as having very good team speed. There were a couple of near breakaways where a Cornell forward actually outskated the CC defense. Part of this is "Hey! We do have good speed!" and part of it was Cornell wanted it more in the second half. Either way, it was exciting to watch.

I agree. I was worried CC might skate circles around us, but the Red did a good job keeping up with the Tigers and really took the play to them the last 2 periods. What a great win! Congrats Red!

Posted by: Omie (---.tvlres.jcu.edu.au)
Date: March 26, 2006 06:50AM

Was listening to the game and the net went down on campus here in Australia while we were down 2-0, soooo depressed. I can't explain how happy I got when the net came back up a few minutes ago and Cornell won!!! :-D So proud of the guys. Can't wait to listen to tomorrow's game and hopefully beat Wisco. Let's Go Red!! LGR!!! LGR!!!

I am not a Moulson fan since I think he is not a great captain, but kudos to him for such a great game!

PS If Cornell and MSU win tomorrow, the Frozen 4 would include all the Big 4 leagues.

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 26, 2006 08:04AM

I would really prefer the Red stop making these two goal holes for themselves, because it is taking years off my life, but boy do the comebacks make for exciting games.

As bad as the two goal deficit was, Cornell really looked even or even slightly better when 5 on 5. They had a couple of shots from prime scoring areas that were blocked off of legs and the typical missed nets - so there were chances if there weren't shots. By the second period they were absolutely dominating 5 on 5, and CC barely had a sniff in the third. It will be hard for any WCHA fans to say circles were skated around the Big Red last night.

As much as Moulson may have had a tough year as captain, he still didn't make himself sound like an idiot between periods. Sertich did a great job of telling the country how McKee was shaky and Cornell's size won't help them because we couldn't hit CC. Well Marty, your analysis of the game was a tad off. Matt on the other hand talked about the team, saying they knew how they needed to play and that was by staying out of the box, and that Schafer made sure they were ready to play the second period, without taking a shot at the other team

They really need to avoid that one bad penalty period, this really needs to be a 60 minute effort.

Finally, the Sports Depot was great. Good crowd there, probably close to 50 people in the back room, made for a great game.

Date: March 26, 2006 09:17AM

cth95
Congratulations to our band and fans. You may have been few, but you were loud enough for my friends and I to cheer along- Hey Bâby in the 1st, rounds of Davy, Sieve, it's all your fault cheers, cowbell, Alma Mater, Gary Glitter in the middle of the 3rd (commercial and announcers so couldn't hear at beginning of the 3rd).

Keep up the good work. You will have to all be at the top of your game to compete with the numerous Bucky fans.

Be proud, Be loud!! LGR!!!!!!

Ditto on that. The band was so clear all game it was like they had them mic'd and sound checked.

Date: March 26, 2006 09:28AM

Jordan 04
Enjoy what we just witnessed, savor the victory for 20 hours, and hit the rink (and bars) again tomorrow and hope for a similar result.

Excellent point. It's easy to get spoiled by the success of the last few years and the current students and younger alumns may not realize just how rare teams like these are.

Last years senior class and this years senior class each won 4 NCAA tournament games. The last senior class to do that was 1972. If they win today they will be the first senior class to win 5 NCAA tournament games in Cornell's hockey history.

For the players it's a slightly unfair comparison since for many years there were only 4 teams in the tournament, but I think it means a lot from the standpoint of a fan. Especially since we can actually watch most of these games in bars or via satellite dishes.

For the fans this really is a golden era of of Cornell Hockey.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2006 09:33AM by schoaff.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.clients.athenet.net)
Date: March 26, 2006 09:30AM

Random thoughts:

- Yay! We won! :-D

- We really did wear them out. I didn't notice it as quickly as the people around me, but by the end of the game, CC was skating flat out to get to the pucks, and we were only skating as fast as we needed to beat them - we definitely still had the energy and the legs to skate around them. This bodes well, I think, for future games. You could see the beginnings of Cornell's second-half dominance in their periods of sustained pressure in the first period.

- Passing. After Albany, where we couldn't complete two passes to save our lives, I was scared that this was going to be ugly. We seemed to remember how to pass last night, with a lot of quick, crisp, sometimes long passes, including a few off well-positioned skates. I loved it, because it finally seemed like we could get the CC PK/players out of position and open up our own game.

- I thought there were a number of missed calls last night, but I think that the refs, quite rightly, decided not to call much but the most egregious penalties, and I think that benefited us. Our PK, especially against opportunistic power plays, is not as strong as it was, say, last year. Staying out of the box, even at the expense of losing a bunch of PP opportunities, was a good thing. Besides which, our 5x5 play was really strong.

- Yay! We won! Time to take on the Bucky fans...even if we'll "burn in hell" for yelling "RED!" during the anthem. If I have to burn in hell for arguably being unpatriotic, but get a few more wins this season, bring on the brimstone and fire! :-P

- LGR!

Date: March 26, 2006 09:34AM

Liz '05
Random thoughts:

- Passing. After Albany, where we couldn't complete two passes to save our lives, I was scared that this was going to be ugly. We seemed to remember how to pass last night, with a lot of quick, crisp, sometimes long passes, including a few off well-positioned skates. I loved it, because it finally seemed like we could get the CC PK/players out of position and open up our own game.

Good point. Excellent passing to break out of our zone and throught the netrual zone, as well as on odd-man rushes.

I still strongly believe, however, that we must lead the nation in centering passes to nobody.

Posted by: Townie (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 26, 2006 09:45AM

Liz '05
Random thoughts:

- We really did wear them out. I didn't notice it as quickly as the people around me, but by the end of the game, CC was skating flat out to get to the pucks, and we were only skating as fast as we needed to beat them - we definitely still had the energy and the legs to skate around them. This bodes well, I think, for future games. You could see the beginnings of Cornell's second-half dominance in their periods of sustained pressure in the first period.

- LGR!

A tired opponent provides more opportunity for passing, shooting, etc.. Our overall play was not as crisp in the 1st period when they were still fresh. CC did a good job of covering the lanes, and stuffing us in the neutral and offensive zones, until their stamina gave out later. I can recall several instances last night where we were outmanned while in the offensive zone, and began wondering if the line changes were sound, with the play getting ahead of the line change.

Our body assault was not as effective vs Harvard. I'm hoping that was not due to our efforts vs Colgate, which was similar to our efforts vs CC.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 26, 2006 10:14AM

I can't believe I had to leave last night after the 2d period. I also can't believe that I wasn't able to resist checking the score when I got home last night instead of driving over to my brother's in the AM to watch the 3d on his TiVo.

I have too much going on in my life. For the second night in a row, I can't join the Big Red posse at Ship of Fools and I'm going to have to watch the game alone. Pity me.

Alright, enough moping. I'm thrilled that Cornell won and I can't wait to take on Bucky tonight.

Let's Go Red!

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 26, 2006 10:55AM

OK, where do you guys get the idea that Moulson is not a good captain? Personally I don't have any ideas about how good he is. Captain activities are really not out front and open, mostly what happens at practice, in the locker room, and in between games. So where does all this about him not being good come from? Like most of these things, I'm willing to leave this to Coach and the team.

Date: March 26, 2006 12:46PM

Regarding Moulson, he played a great two way game last night. The goal and assist were awesome, but he also made some big plays in our zone to take away CC chances. Great effort by everyone (after the first period).

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 26, 2006 01:05PM

billhoward
We've been supportive of ECAC teams if they were fortunate enough to advance (some of us even extending that to Harvard), and Rich seemed reasonable in the same vein. He's just a different ape when it's Clarkson still in contention against the Big Red.

I'll largely go along with that Bill. Not sure about the
ape" part though. :-D

No Red, no coronary here...lol. I missed the game as I was coaching my Bantam team last night. It's curious but not all together surprising however, that two weeks after Clarkson bowed out at Lynah, you seem preoccupied and are compelled to fire an expletive at me. Would it not be a better use of your time and energy to support your own team instead?

Or in your particular case, direct the expletives at Wisconsin and their fans? rolleyes

Looks like you're the "ape" here...so get back in your cage until game time today.

Date: March 26, 2006 01:47PM

Liz '05
Random thoughts:

- Yay! We won! Time to take on the Bucky fans...even if we'll "burn in hell"for yelling "RED!" during the anthem. If I have to burn in hell for arguably being unpatriotic, but get a few more wins this season, bring on the brimstone and fire! :-P

- LGR!

I think there's nothing MORE patriotic than enjoying oneself during the Anthem. If you sing it without any attention to the words, you're a Gumby doll on the march.

Posted by: French Rage (---.washdc.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 26, 2006 03:46PM

LaJollaRed
Liz '05
Random thoughts:

- Yay! We won! Time to take on the Bucky fans...even if we'll "burn in hell"for yelling "RED!" during the anthem. If I have to burn in hell for arguably being unpatriotic, but get a few more wins this season, bring on the brimstone and fire! :-P

- LGR!

I think there's nothing MORE patriotic than enjoying oneself during the Anthem. If you sing it without any attention to the words, you're a Gumby doll on the march.

And we don't modify the words, which is more than I can say about the stoned America-haters at Berkeley.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login