Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell vs. Clarkson, Game 2 POSTGAME

Posted by Jordan 04 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Cornell vs. Clarkson, Game 2 POSTGAME
Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:01PM

No knocking Moulson on this night!

On to Albany!

Re: Cornell vs. Clarkson, Game 2 POSTGAME
Posted by: schoaff (---.ga.at.cox.net)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:09PM

That was a fun weekend. I thought the D did a great job of clearing away rebounds. One shot in 2OT by Clarkson reminded me of the Cornell game winner in the 92 Semis except Cornell cleared it out instead of leaving a rebound chance.

Time to look at ticket prices from FL to Albany ;-)

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:10PM

I so wish there was a Ringworld "stepping stone" to Dunbar's.

One of the greatest series in Cornell history. The 20th win of the year and the 50th win over Clarkson. The two longest games in Lynah history, back-to-back.

Wow.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)

What did people think of the winning goal? Was it a high stick?

Even if it was, it's just further proof that all bad calls even out in the end :)

All the credit in the world to Leggio for keeping his team in it. Didn't make all-world saves necessarily, but got the job done.

But on the whole, Cornell deserved to win both games...naturally :)

Date: March 11, 2006 11:13PM

Yep. Clarkson was a worthy Evil Nemesis ;-)

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:14PM

One thing that should not be overlooked is the play made by Seminoff off the faceoff. He faked the shot from the point -- something I have seen very little of from Cornell this year -- as the Clarkson forward took the bait and went down for the block. That gave Seminoff both some time and a shooting lane to get the good shot on net. The rest is now history.

Posted by: abmarks (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:14PM

High stick? When? Puck was knocked in on the ground. Unless moulson tipped seminoffs first shot?

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:15PM

As glad as I am that Cornell pulled out both wins, for sanity's sake I prefer blowouts to suspense. That said, a win's a win. LGR!

Kyle

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:16PM

abmarks
High stick? When? Puck was knocked in on the ground. Unless moulson tipped seminoffs first shot?

It was very hard to see, but it does look like Seminoff's shot hit Moulson's stick at about tummy level, fell to the ice, and then Moulson put it in.

Date: March 11, 2006 11:19PM

abmarks

Yeah, on the video it looked like Leggio simply misplayed the high shot and let it fall to his feet, but who knows. Maybe they think it was deflected on the way to him which is why he didn't catch it cleanly. The Clarkson announcers interviewed someone from the team (probably the Coach) afterwards and he said they did think it was a high stick. However, they were sanguine about it. Thought they played a good game but them's the breaks and all that.

Somehow I suspect it would have had to be over someone's head to get called a high stick. The Ref had to be feeling the fatigue at that point too.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2006 11:22PM by schoaff.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:23PM

I have been perhaps Moulson's biggest critic this year, but he worked his ass off this weekend in a way I have never seen him during his entire four years. That was absolutely amazing. WE ARE GOING TO ALBANY!!!!!!!

Date: March 11, 2006 11:27PM

I knew Clarkson would be trouble, and they didn't disappoint. That said, we controlled the vast majority of play, and really should been able to take care of business a bit more comfortably. I really would like to find a new dance partner in the quarters next season.

In all, I thought tonight we were not nearly as crisp as last night, but we worked extremely hard and it paid off.

Date: March 11, 2006 11:27PM

Nice that Moulson had both OT winners (even if we had to convert the extra point after the first one).

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:29PM

I'm sure this is posted somewhere, but apparently I am not smart enough to figure it out. What seed are we, and what game will we be playing in Albany? I know we were 3 going into this weekend, but that changes after beating Clarkson and we all get re-seeded, right? The rankings always confuse me... I just want to win all the time so I know we're number 1 :)

Another silly question: if I have student season tickets, is there a special way to get ECAC tickets? Meaning, are they free? I'm guessing no, but thought I'd double check before buying.

Great game tonight, though some of the worst officiating I have ever seen in hockey. See you all in Albany!!!

Posted by: PinkyGen (---.DATANET.NYU.EDU)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:33PM

Good for Moulson to end Lynah with a bang. And I love it when Topher scores too. I hope the team can tighten up the D a bit, improve the PP, and just get some rest.

Now I face the difficult choice of travelling to Albany, or actually complete my legal research paper.

Date: March 11, 2006 11:34PM

I may be missing something, but since Dartmouth won and the other 2 series are going to a third game we'll be seeded either 2nd or 3rd.

If Colgate wins we play them.
If Colgate loses we play winner of Harvard/SLU

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:36PM

Either way, we should end up in the late game since we can't play Dartmouth and they would presumably want the early game.

Date: March 11, 2006 11:37PM

Anybody know what time the games are?

Date: March 11, 2006 11:40PM

Jordan 04

4:30 and 8

Posted by: Hayek (---.direcpc.com)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:41PM

schoaff
Jordan 04

And both games will be televised by CSTV. That's good news if you live in Kentucky!

Posted by: canucksfan (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:45PM

krose
As glad as I am that Cornell pulled out both wins, for sanity's sake I prefer blowouts to suspense. That said, a win's a win. LGR!

Kyle

I was actually a bit pensive about the idea of a blowout before tonight because I thought some of Clarkson's players might start taking runs at our guys.

Good for Matt, giving the referee a no-brainer tonight.

Date: March 11, 2006 11:46PM

Hayek
schoaff
Jordan 04

And both games will be televised by CSTV. That's good news if you live in Kentucky!

Yeah, I need to decide which will be cheaper. Flying to Albany or subscribing to DirectTV. Somehow I doubt the sports bars here in Gainesville, FL will be showing it. ;-)

Posted by: Tom14850 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:49PM

I am using my husband's account to post - he requires me to identify myself.

I have to say, that although I preferred the excitement of smashing the other teams in 2003, this weekend was one of the most exciting weekends of Cornell Hockey in a long time. Even though both games were nail-biters, it was great to see O'Byrne, Pokaluk, and Krantz back on the ice, and I thought Cornell really kept control of the game, especially tonight.

I'm surprised you guys haven't commented more on the big players tonight - it's all talk about Albany. What about this game?

I think McCutcheon, Barlow and Carefoot really have to be recognized for the great job they do moving it up the ice. I agree with the earlier post that Moulson really worked for it tonight. But I'm still waiting to see that top line put their power play together, and he used to be the main shot on that line.

Posted by: Hayek (---.direcpc.com)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:50PM

I actually subscribe to DirecTV only because I can watch college hockey if I do it, In fact, you can purchase the SportsPack on a month by month basis, so I keep it from November through March. CSTV shows a game per week (or more) and you can watch HEA games on NESN, CCHA and WCHA games on regional Fox Networks and a few other random channels. It's really neat (not as neat as being at Lynah however).

My wife and I still have our season tix at Lynah even though we're half a thousand miles away. The one trip per year we get to make is still worth it (we saw Niagara this year).

Posted by: Facetimer (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:51PM

Tub(a)
abmarks

It was very hard to see, but it does look like Seminoff's shot hit Moulson's stick at about tummy level, fell to the ice, and then Moulson put it in.

It appeared as though Seminoff's shot was deflected as he shot it high and it ended up low on Leggio's pads...

Nevertheless, even if Moulson hit it with a high stick, when the puck hit Leggio's pads, the high-stick is waived off. It was Moulson's rebound that went in, not the original shot.

Posted by: Robb (68.171.152.---)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:52PM

Wow. Several people have commented that Clarkson played better tonight. If that's the case, then RichS really should be banned for life - Cornell dominated this game, and if last night was worse, then Clarkson didn't even deseve a footnote in that game. Clarkson couldn't do anything tonight - a complete shooting gallery. It was only a matter of time. The first Clarkson goal was luck and the second was a Cornell mistake. There's just no other way you can couch them. They weren't good plays on Clarkson's part. They weren't the result of hard work. They were flukes. Clarkson deserved to lose this game about 6-0.

And Clarkson *is* a bunch of goons. Tons of cheap shots after the whistle - just credible enough not to get called, but still a pattern of cheapness. Enjoy the golf course, you goons. I really used to respect Clarkson as a rival, but now I just wish they'd finish in 12th place year after year. Good riddance.

Date: March 12, 2006 12:01AM

schoaff
Jordan 04

Excellent. Taking the full day from work doesn't seem necessary then.

Posted by: David Harding (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:04AM

nyc94
Either way, we should end up in the late game since we can't play Dartmouth and they would presumably want the early game.
The ECACHL site [www.ecachockeyleague.com] says that the highest and lowest seeds automatically get the early game.

Posted by: fullofgas (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:18AM

What a weekend! My ass hurts from sitting and my back hurts from standing. I thought we outplayed them and were the better team but had little to show for the effort (til the outcome, obviously). This team reminds me of two years ago and four years ago. Just can't seem to bury it. Hats off to Leggio, he played really well. O'Byrne played well, Pokoluk looked out of it, and McKee scares me. Sometimes it looks like he's not paying attention even besides the fluke goal. Barlow and Mugford also played very hard, as did Sawada, McCutcheon, and Carefoot. Topher is inspired but has to have more faith in his shot. It seems he pulls up alot and looks to pass.
Anyway, can't wait to hear about the meeting between RichS and Beeeej!

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:18AM

David Harding
nyc94
The ECACHL site [www.ecachockeyleague.com] says that the highest and lowest seeds automatically get the early game.

Originally it was #1 coach's choice. They may've figured out that they'll always chose early and just went with that.

Posted by: LynahFaithfulS (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:29AM

schoaff
Nice that Moulson had both OT winners
i thought friday's was sawada...

though, i don't know what you mean here (so maybe you should ignore that last commment?)...
schoaff
(even if we had to convert the extra point after the first one).

anyway...i have a question--moulson's goal was scored during a 4x4; is that still considered a short handed goal?

Date: March 12, 2006 12:30AM

No, shorthanded is only if you're shorthanded ;) . 4x4 is even strength.

Posted by: Free11Skier (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:31AM

I wouldn't say they played better, but if Cornell had 'dominated' I doubt the game would have gone to double overtime. Also, there were some moments during OT that almost gave me heart attacks! That being said, we did control large portions of the game. Instant classic!

MAE '08

Date: March 12, 2006 12:34AM

Despite similar SOG numbers, it didn't feel like we dominated tonights game the same way we did last night. We did, however, dominate overtime both nights. If this were the new NHL icing rules, Clarkson would have had the same 5 guys on the ice the entire OT.

Posted by: LynahFaithfulS (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:46AM

DeltaOne81

but 4x4 isn't full strength (just a wee bit of explanation on my thinking...so maybe i don't sound too dumb?)

but thanks :-)

Posted by: Dafatone (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:49AM

Seminoff finally learned to do something other than pass when he gets the puck in an offensive situation.

He's been good all year, but he fires shots too early, before a play can set up. He finally fakes the shot and passes, and we win.

I have to say, Gleed's been incredible both games. He had a couple bad turnovers in either the 3rd period or the first OT tonight, but he's been by far our best defenseman this weekend.

Krantz played well, too. I missed his turnover that led to a goal, but I thought he looked very solid.

As to the O'Byrne penalty... I guess he hit him from behind. Just, it didn't look like he hit the guy all that hard. And I'm tired of the 5 minute major being called if and only if a guy is hurt. There are rules for the penalty, and they have nothing to do with if someone gets hurt. Seems it's only called when this happens. Except last night when Glover got hit. That should have been a major.

Date: March 12, 2006 12:52AM

Yeah, Cornell dominated most of each game. Clarkson managed to take advantage of it whenever we messed up though. The scary thing is that if two shots were 2 degrees different we could be sitting here with Cornell having been swept, probably out of the NCAA tournament, and some people would be having complete tantrums about how the leaders didn't step up when they needed to etc. etc..

Instead we're in a happy place and all is right with the world.

You're never as good as you look when you're winning or as bad as you look when you're losing.

Posted by: min (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:56AM

Trotsky
One of the greatest series in Cornell history. The 20th win of the year and the 50th win over Clarkson. The two longest games in Lynah history, back-to-back.

Wow.

So what is Cornell's historical record against Clarkson now? Is it at 500?

LGR!

Date: March 12, 2006 12:59AM

LynahFaithfulS
DeltaOne81

but 4x4 isn't full strength (just a wee bit of explanation on my thinking...so maybe i don't sound too dumb?)

but thanks :-)

Fair enough. Its not *full* strength, but it *is* *even* strength :)

Posted by: MNevin (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:59AM

Just a couple of thoughts on tonight -- Rich S is gonna like this one...

George Roll did us a huge favor with his tantrum tonight. That could easily have been the difference in this game. If he didn't flip out, then his team would have had a huge 4 on 3 / 5 on 3 power play in OT, instead of the 3 on 3, brief 4 on 3, 4 on 4, 5 on 4 thing that we got with OB's penalty. That could have been the end.

No obligatory compliments to Clarkson from Rich S from this corner. I think Roll sucks. Before Roll, Clarkson could be counted on to have among the best talent in the ECAC, and would be scary good. This team lacked intensity for most of the game. They continually backed off the forecheck, I guess to try the trap so they could generate offense in transition. That wasn't working for them, and they were totally trapped in their own zone for long stretches at even strength. A better coach would figure out how to adjust.

They were in these games becauase of hot goaltending, and because they totally beat the odds in converting on their few scoring chances. Clarkson continually fails to fulfill the potential even though they have a talented roster.

They never really adjusted to counter the Big Red this weekend, and then their coach took away their best chance to win with his wild temper tantrum. I sort of liked Leggio's tantrum at the end too. Nice little exclaimation point on a dramatic series.

The Clarkson program still has the talent to compete for home ice every year in the ECAC. I hope they figure out how to get there one of these days -- it would be nice to see them in Albany for the post season instead of at Lynah for once.

As for Cornell's performance -- I don't think I have ever seen a team work as hard as those guys worked this weekend. I was absolutely amazed that they managed to continue to be going so hard in period # 10 of the series.

I can't understand why this team has not been blowing people out this year. They seem so dominate, but seem to continually struggle to convert their chances.

One more thought --
Anyone else get tired of battle of the bands? When Clarkson comes in, do the bands really have to fill every moment of dead air between periods? I love pep bands, but geez, could they give it a rest once in a while? Am I the only one who thinks that in some instances, pep bands (even good ones) become noise pollution after a while? I really prefer opponents with lame bands.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:02AM

calgARI '07
WE ARE GOING TO ALBANY!!!!!!!
That this gets said in all-caps makes me think that I should reconsider my stance in the Lake Placid - Albany debate even though a return to LP would mean I never go to a conference final again.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:10AM

min
Trotsky

Wow.

So what is Cornell's historical record against Clarkson now? Is it at 500?

LGR!

Prior to this season, the all-time series was 47-46-9 in favor of Cornell, according to the media guide. Going 3-1, it now stands at 50-47-9.

With the QF win in 2005, Cornell gained a winning overall record vs. every ECAC team.

Posted by: scannon (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:11AM

I don't know the rule but some people around me were saying that if the lineman calls a foul, as happened for the OB penalty, it has to be a 5 min major.

Like I said, I don't know but that could explain how a fairly innocuous hit became such a big deal.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:15AM

MNevin
One more thought --
Anyone else get tired of battle of the bands? When Clarkson comes in, do the bands really have to fill every moment of dead air between periods? I love pep bands, but geez, could they give it a rest once in a while? Am I the only one who thinks that in some instances, pep bands (even good ones) become noise pollution after a while? I really prefer opponents with lame bands.
:`(

I was just annoyed by the Clarkson band because they have the most limited folder in the ECAC now that Vermont's gone. They duplicated every one of their cheers multiple times both nights because of the OT's, and even duplicated some of their sets for intermissions from one day to the next. Eesh. Buy a freaking chart, it won't kill you.

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:20AM

scannon
I don't know the rule but some people around me were saying that if the lineman calls a foul, as happened for the OB penalty, it has to be a 5 min major.

Like I said, I don't know but that could explain how a fairly innocuous hit became such a big deal.

Linesmen are allowed to call minor penalties in the NCAA - no requirement to make that a major.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:21AM

scannon

Well, it was a hit from behind, and Dodge was at the dangerous distance from the boards that they usually call it. But watching the replay showed that O'B lined up the hit with Dodge facing him, as the hit was delivered, Dodge was in the process of turning his back, so it wound up being a hit from behind. Not all that dirty, just unfortunate. It had to be called.

I don't think you're right about the linesman calls needing to be majors. CU @ BU in '01-'02, the linesman called a 2-minute minor at the end of the game that ended CU's hopes in game 1 of that series. Schafer was livid. Then again, maybe that was using "assistant referees" of Hockey Least.

Date: March 12, 2006 01:23AM

scannon

It wasn't innocuous, it was a dirty hit. Although probably unintentionally so (I honestly don't think O'Byrne went in to make a dirty hit, but he did). But 5 min plus misconduct was at the upper end.

Date: March 12, 2006 01:24AM

Yeah, there's no rule about asst ref calls needing to be majors. I really doubt it.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:38AM

Collegetown is alive with cheers of "lets go red!!!!"... it's beautiful

Posted by: canuck89 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 12, 2006 02:08AM

Hansen just sucks... that's all there is to say (even though this issue really has nothing to do with him, haha).

Date: March 12, 2006 02:11AM

YES, they repeated so much and it didn't even sound good the first time. By the way, what's up with the banjo????

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 12, 2006 02:12AM

DeltaOne81
It wasn't innocuous, it was a dirty hit.

No it wasn't; Dodge turned his back at the last minute.

Date: March 12, 2006 02:13AM

redhair34
DeltaOne81

That makes it a dirty hit. An unintentional one, as I said, but dirty.

Date: March 12, 2006 02:25AM

Not quite, if it truly was at the last minute, it's not a penalty since O'Byrne can't stop (similar to hitting the quarterback in football after he throws the ball). I did not see the play, but if O'Byrne had any chance to stop then it's a penalty. Likewise, if the Clarkson player did turn his back to OB at the last second, that's definitely not a penalty (surely not a game misconduct, even in Hansen's book).

Date: March 12, 2006 02:38AM

DeltaOne81
redhair34
DeltaOne81

I guess you and I have a different opinion of dirty. For me, dirty and unintentional--especially when the player turns his back at the last second--are for the most part mutually exclusive. Oh well...it seems like we're basically thinking the same thing. I haven't checked the All-Access archive yet but when I do I'm going to watch the play again. It looked to me (standing in E directly across from the hit) like Dodge felt O'Byrne push him and then flopped into the boards. The guy was on the ice for like 20 seconds. Then he went over to the bench and was goofing around with his teamates. It looked to me like a half flop--the bump from O'Byrne might of knocked him to the ground but he did a great job milking it. Also, everyone has mentioned Roll throwing his clipboard onto the ice but I also thought I saw a Clarkson player jump onto the ice. Anyone else notice that?

Posted by: ben03 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 02:47AM

for the record, the referee was Dave Hansen, not Scott who is quite notorious for controlling the outcome of games.

Date: March 12, 2006 02:53AM

redhair34
DeltaOne81
redhair34
DeltaOne81

I guess you and I have a different opinion of dirty. For me, dirty and unintentional--especially when the player turns his back at the last second--are for the most part mutually exclusive. Oh well...it seems like we're basically thinking the same thing. I haven't checked the All-Access archive yet but when I do I'm going to watch the play again. It looked to me (standing in E directly across from the hit) like Dodge felt O'Byrne push him and then flopped into the boards. The guy was on the ice for like 20 seconds. Then he went over to the bench and was goofing around with his teamates. It looked to me like a half flop--the bump from O'Byrne might of knocked him to the ground but he did a great job milking it. Also, everyone has mentioned Roll throwing his clipboard onto the ice but I also thought I saw a Clarkson player jump onto the ice. Anyone else notice that?

Well I didnt say he couldn't've been faking. I make no comment on that :)

I think dirty has entirely to do with how you hit them - the details of the physical contact. If you skate into someone and your elbow smashes their face, it can be dirty, but unintentional - but its still a penalty.

Yes, if it was at the absolute last second, there's an exception, but I really don't feel that was the case here. O'Byrne was definitely moving towards him, but really, you just don't knock someone down against the boards, unless *maybe* if they're facing you directly. Its just not worth it.

Posted by: BMac (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 12, 2006 03:09AM

Well, the band (our band) gets huge props for fulfilling our "Pinball! Pinball! Pinball!" cheer between the second and third... they even hackled the other band to hurry up so they could start!

Thanks, band! (the front of section A is greateful!)

Posted by: Omie (---.tvlres.jcu.edu.au)
Date: March 12, 2006 03:43AM

[Q]
Date: March 06, 2006 12:07AM

Dartmouth- 2-1
'Gate over Q- 2-1 (I wanna root for Q so bad)
Big Red over Tech- 2-0
SLU over Sucks- 2-1

One if not both CU-CU games will go to OT.[/Q]

Just wanna say... IM SOOOO FREAKING HAPPY!!! LETS GO RED!!!!!
Albany here we come! (hopefully twice!)
plus i called the CU-CU series with the OTs

Date: March 12, 2006 04:20AM

Saturday's and Friday's games were not only the longest and second longest in Lynah history, but also the 22nd and 29th (respectively) in NCAA men's hockey history.

Leggio was a big baby
Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 06:44AM

My favorite moment of the weekend was when Leggio freaked out and nearly killed himself after Moulson scored. Grenzie went berserk too. These monkeys were so outwardly angry, banging their sticks everywhere and just going crazy George Roll style. The more upset they were, the happier I became. Did anyone get a video clip of that (also of George Roll throwing the clipboard like a five year-old)? Please share with the rest of us. If we have a big tron in the renovated Lynah next year, these clips should be played when Clarkson comes to town.

They stayed around on the ice for a while after the game to salute their fans. I didn't know if this was acceptable or not. I guess it was, because otherwise Schafer would have gotten in their and used his hands to "safely guide them off the ice" like he did with Michigan State goons.

I hope referee Dave Hansen is forced to resign. He is simply incompetent in my opinion. Other refs suck too (Murphy, Dell, etc..). But only once in a dozen lifetimes, will you see someone actually as bad as Dave Hansen.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 08:06AM

LynahFaithfulS
schoaff
Nice that Moulson had both OT winners
i thought friday's was sawada...

though, i don't know what you mean here (so maybe you should ignore that last commment?)...
schoaff
(even if we had to convert the extra point after the first one).

I believe schoaff was returning to Moulson's GWG at the end of the first OT Friday night.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: March 12, 2006 08:09AM

DeltaOne81
redhair34
DeltaOne81

That makes no sense. A "dirty" hit is one where a player makes knowingly and intentionally commits a penalty. Since you acknowledge it was unintentional (and watching the replay, it seemed clear that it was), by definition it could not be "dirty."

Date: March 12, 2006 09:35AM

DeltaOne81
redhair34
DeltaOne81

I think we're just using the term "Dirty" differently. It's a vague term without a set definition so people will use it differently so you're sentence would probably be better stated "That fits my definition of a dirty hit."

To me a dirty hit is one with malice aforethought and intent to injure. To me, a hit can be a legitimate penalty and even dangerous without being "dirty."

By *my* definition I'd say it was a potentially dangerous hit, but doesn't rise to the level of "dirty." If he really wanted to hurt the guy he would have hit him, not just give him a shove.

Posted by: Free11Skier (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 09:41AM

I'm glad the game ended when it did. I don't think I could have taken another OT period listening to Clarkson's 7 songs. Having so few, you would think they would play them well, but no!

MAE '08

Re: Leggio was a big baby
Date: March 12, 2006 10:22AM

Oat
If we have a big tron in the renovated Lynah next year,

... I will throw up. yark

Date: March 12, 2006 10:23AM

Section A Banshee
MNevin
One more thought --
:`(

I was just annoyed by the Clarkson band because they have the most limited folder in the ECAC now that Vermont's gone. They duplicated every one of their cheers multiple times both nights because of the OT's, and even duplicated some of their sets for intermissions from one day to the next. Eesh. Buy a freaking chart, it won't kill you.

They're still sulking because we stole their playlist in the 80s.

Date: March 12, 2006 10:25AM

RichH
I don't think you're right about the linesman calls needing to be majors. CU @ BU in '01-'02, the linesman called a 2-minute minor at the end of the game that ended CU's hopes in game 1 of that series. Schafer was livid. Then again, maybe that was using "assistant referees" of Hockey Least.

Guy's name was Tom Quinn. They actually went to the trouble of getting a WZHA ref (Schmidt, I think) to call the game, and then the Hockey Least AR calls an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty late in the third period of a tie game when Bâby checks someone into the bench right in front of the ref who didn't call anything! :-( :-( :-(

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 10:34AM

Oat
They stayed around on the ice for a while after the game to salute their fans. I didn't know if this was acceptable or not. I guess it was, because otherwise Schafer would have gotten in their and used his hands to "safely guide them off the ice" like he did with Michigan State goons.

I had no problem with Clarkson lingering on the ice for an additional minute to salute their fans. Their season was over and they were thanking their fans for coming into a hostile opponent's rink to support their team. We can be gracious enough to give them a final minute.

Date: March 12, 2006 10:43AM

Will
Oat

I had no problem with Clarkson lingering on the ice for an additional minute to salute their fans. Their season was over and they were thanking their fans for coming into a hostile opponent's rink to support their team. We can be gracious enough to give them a final minute.

Yeah, the problem with MSU was not that they saluted their fans, but that they "saluted" us first.

Date: March 12, 2006 10:52AM

The O'Byrne hit was a no-brainer five and a game. Thought it was considerably worse than the Abbott major which I also thought was warranted. What bothered me is that the linesman called it while the referee did not. It was kind of like in the NHL where they have two referees and the closer one to the play doesn't make the call while the back one does. I'm all for linesmen making calls behind the play, it just seemed weird that he made the call while the referee, who was staring right at it, did not. Either way, it was definitely a major. Roll should get a lot of props because Clarkson would have had an extended 5-on-3 if not for his freak out.
Also, McKee sure looked very shaky. Honestly, I don't understand how he could possibly go pro after some of the games he has had this year. The team defense was absolutely unbelievable the entire weekend. They had maybe seven breakdowns the whole weekend and Clarkson scored on four of them (their other goal was the one from center ice). Didn't really think McKee could do much about any of the Friday goals and I thought he made a couple of big saves in the third period but last night he just did not look at all comfortable and it wasn't just the goal from center ice.

Re: Cornell vs. Clarkson, Game 2 POSTGAME - Albany question
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 10:56AM

Do the teams get re-seeded if its not 'Gate, D-mouth, CU and Havard in Albany? Do we move up to 2nd place if 'Gate loses tonight, and thus end up as the home team for one of our games?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2006 11:04AM by Ben Rocky 04.

Re: Cornell vs. Clarkson, Game 2 POSTGAME - Albany question
Date: March 12, 2006 10:57AM

Ben Rocky 04
Do the teams get re-seeded if its not 'Gate, D-mouth, CU and Havard in Albany? Do we move up to 2nd place if 'Gate loses tonight, and thus end up at the home team for one of our games?

Yeah, they reseed. If Colgate loses tonight, Cornell plays the winner of Harvard-SLU.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 11:02AM

MNevin
George Roll did us a huge favor with his tantrum tonight. That could easily have been the difference in this game. If he didn't flip out, then his team would have had a huge 4 on 3 / 5 on 3 power play in OT, instead of the 3 on 3, brief 4 on 3, 4 on 4, 5 on 4 thing that we got with OB's penalty. That could have been the end....and then their coach took away their best chance to win with his wild temper tantrum.

I was going to point this out as well. I saw Roll, after the first OT ended, as the players were leaving the ice, walk towards Hansen, and say "I apologize." I thought to myself that if Cornell pulls this one out, he should be apologizing to his players, for probably costing them the game.

And just what was he upset about in the first place? Did he not realize that the assistant ref had called the penalty, thinking it had gone uncalled?

On the topic of Hansen, I am usually a pretty harsh critic of ECAC reffing. But I actually think Hansen called two pretty good games. I think he exercised good restraint late in both games, and into the OTs. I think he was fairly consistent in what he was and wasn't calling, and called things both ways. I was particularly impressed with his slow whistle on scrums around the goalies, which actually led to a couple of Cornell goals. And we can't fault him for not allowing Moulson's goal in OT Friday night. The replay shows it being a goal by .1 seconds. It sounds like the puck was across the goal line (in the air, of course), but had not even snapped the twine by the time the buzzer went off. I'm willing to give Hansen that one. The one glaring exception is the hit on Glover near the end of regulation on Friday night. But other than that I think Hansen had a good series.

I'm a little surprised no one commented on the following. Maybe most people missed it. But as the players were skating off after a stoppage, and most players and officials were well ahead of them, a Clarkson player intentionally slashed Sawada on the back of the leg, causing Sawada's leg to buckle. Two of the three officials completely had their backs to this, so couldn't have been expected to see it. One official was only a little ahead of Sawada and the Clarkson goo...er...player, so might have seen it with his peripeheral vision, but apprently did not. I think he would have called it if he had seen it. It was one of the cheaper, more bush-league things I've seen in a long time.

Obligatory Praise of Opponent:The Clarkson player was smart enough to do it when no one was looking.
Andy W.

Posted by: scannon (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 12, 2006 11:20AM

Maybe I hould clarify before RichS has a siezure. By faily innocuous I ment that he didn't pull a Burtuzzi (sp) and ram Dodge's head onto the boards. It looked to me as if OB had a hit lined up and just before he landed it Dodge slipped/tripped/ turned his back and became slightly off balance leading to him headbutting the boards.

It was probably a boarding penalty but I wouldn't say it justified 5mins, especially when the ref had been so easy on the whistle in OT.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 11:49AM

calgARI '07
The O'Byrne hit was a no-brainer five and a game. Thought it was considerably worse than the Abbott major which I also thought was warranted. What bothered me is that the linesman called it while the referee did not. It was kind of like in the NHL where they have two referees and the closer one to the play doesn't make the call while the back one does. I'm all for linesmen making calls behind the play, it just seemed weird that he made the call while the referee, who was staring right at it, did not.
Not the same thing. In the NHL, the second ref who's further away from a play will often make a call that the ref who's closer won't because it's the trailing ref's job to keep an eye on stuff behind the play. Those calls are typically things that the closer ref doesn't see because he's watching what's going on around the puck. I agree with you (at least, I think this seems to be your point) that the linesman shouldn't make a call on a play that the ref sees and decides not to call, just pointing out that the analogy isn't really appropriate.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:03PM

fullofgas
What a weekend! My ass hurts from sitting and my back hurts from standing.
So what hurts when you're lying.:-}

Date: March 12, 2006 12:07PM

I agree that Hansen actually showed restraint in OT, and this was good. Many fans were upset more penalties weren't called but I prefer 5x5 play in OT periods, provided no glaring penalty occurs. However, I do believe the game as a whole was reffed pretty poorly. My biggest complaint is not fairness (I believe he fucks up both ways), it's his inconsistency. I really wish the ECACHL would just get rid of him... :-(

Date: March 12, 2006 12:11PM

Yes, there was an earlier thread several weeks back on this topic:

[elf.elynah.com]

Date: March 12, 2006 12:15PM

jmh30
calgARI '07
The O'Byrne hit was a no-brainer five and a game. Thought it was considerably worse than the Abbott major which I also thought was warranted. What bothered me is that the linesman called it while the referee did not. It was kind of like in the NHL where they have two referees and the closer one to the play doesn't make the call while the back one does. I'm all for linesmen making calls behind the play, it just seemed weird that he made the call while the referee, who was staring right at it, did not.
I agree with you (at least, I think this seems to be your point) that the linesman shouldn't make a call on a play that the ref sees and decides not to call, just pointing out that the analogy isn't really appropriate.

I don't think Ari was saying that the linesman shouldn't have called it because the ref saw it and decided not to. I think he was just pointing out the bad job that Hansen was doing. If the linesman saw the penalty and called it, there is no reason why Hansen shouldn't have beat him to it.

Date: March 12, 2006 12:26PM

[Q]The O'Byrne hit was a no-brainer five and a game. What bothered me is that the linesman called it while the referee did not.[/Q]Agree totally. The hit was at an angle from me so I couldn't see positioning, but Hansen could have seen it all and called nothing. I was, and still am until I check the rulebook, under the impression that asst. refs (linesmen if you prefer) were not to call penalties unless they thought the ref couldn't have see it.[Q] Also, McKee sure looked very shaky.[/Q]I've wondered all year whether he's had something wrong, and whether that's part of what Coach was referring to with his "you'll be amazed when I tell you after the season" (not a perfect quote) remark.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2006 12:46PM by Jim Hyla.

Posted by: RedAR (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:37PM

[Q] My favorite moment of the weekend was when Leggio freaked out and nearly killed himself after Moulson scored. [/Q]
In Leggio's defense (and this is not simply to a pacify idiot RichS), during the handshakes, Leggio went out of his way to congratulate McKee. That was pretty classy.

Nahhh. I love the pep bands.....
Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:47PM

Much better than canned jockrocks.And I try to see Clarkson whenever I can because they are better than anyone but our own.

Can't wait for them to come out with their mini-CD.:-D

Posted by: WillR (205.232.75.---)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:50PM

jtwcornell91
Will
Oat

Yeah, the problem with MSU was not that they saluted their fans, but that they "saluted" us first.

I was all in favor of them staying to salute their fans for the reason give above. More importantly it gave us an additional minute to salute our players at center ice. It was a great way to go out of old Lynah and if Clarkson wants to lengthen the time we get to salute our team and the victory, the better.

Last night was awesome!

-WillR

Date: March 12, 2006 12:55PM

MNevin
One more thought --
NO, have you ever been to a game, such as SLU or Union (even at 'gate when they supposedly have a band), where you get the AHL style piped in music? Blah. How about at Rochester where our band had to play over the music. Keep the bands coming they make the atmosphere a lot more pleasant.

O'Byrne's Hit
Date: March 12, 2006 01:00PM

If you have All-Access the check the archive of last nights game. The hit is at 3 hrs. and 12 minutes mark on the video. Make your own decision on the hit. In my opinion, Dodge was facing up ice and then clearly turned back as O'Byrne was coming in to hit him. At worse it looks like maybe a boarding call. There is no way this hit was worse than Cam's on Hafner. Cam plowed Hafner from about 2 1/2 feet away from the boards. Dodge not only turned his back, but he was also right along the wall.

Date: March 12, 2006 01:11PM

I'm not going to respond to any individual post, cause as I read the thread this morning there are like 5 tiny scattered things I want to respond to :)

- Re: "dirty" - I guess my definitely is that anything that isn't "a clean hit" is therefore "a dirty hit". Clean hits are not penalized. If you want to divide it into clean/dangerous(unintentional)/dirty(intentional), be my guest. But to me, unintentional and intentional/malicious are just sub-categories of dirty. If it's not clean, its dirty. Thats the terminology I was using, and that's all I meant - that it wasn't clean.

- That said, I disagree with Ari. Although I guess I'd need to see them side by side, I thought Cam's hit was much worse from what I remember. Harder, I mean the guy was bleeding pretty good from his forehead afterwards, and hit the boards with a good deal more force.

OB's hit may have been dirty - and/or dangerous ;-) - but it wasn't incredibly strong as hits from behind go.

- Re: George Roll & his clipboard (hey, can we get a clipboard chant of some kind for him next year ;) ). Yes, I do think he thought there was no penalty being called. Jason thought that too first on the audio cast. He probably looked at ref, saw no hand up, and flipped out. That said, once again... thanks George! ;) (For RichS only: George roll is the most fabulous, disciplined coach I've ever seen!)

- Re: Hansen: well, so much to say. But from what I saw, Hasen was awful, but consistently awful. He was calling about everything, including maybe things that never happened, until about 5 to 10 minutes left in the 3rd when he started calling nothing, except what he felt he really needed to call and/or matching minors.

- Re: class. Well, overall I'm not going to comment (or RichS only: Clarkson is the most classy wonderful team I've ever seen!), but I still get the feeling that Leggio was really mostly just generally upset. I mean the guy puts up over 100 saves in ~9 periods and his team can't win one for him. I think it was mainly frustration. It was undisciplined and stupid, but I suppose I can empathise. He worked his ass off.

And the embrace with McKee and Clarkson saluting their fans are classy things to do. I think when cooler heads prevail, they're a opponents that deserves respect. In the heat of the moment though, sometimes they may go a bit too far (for RichS only: I'm sure it has everything and only to do with them being young!)

Date: March 12, 2006 01:11PM

calgARI '07
The O'Byrne hit was a no-brainer five and a game. Thought it was considerably worse than the Abbott major which I also thought was warranted.

You know, I'm only replying to this because I know RichS is going to pick up on it and quote you for the next decade to prove that Cornell Players are goons and try to kill random Clarkson players when they think the ref isn't looking.

I've watched the film at least a dozen times now. Did he shove the guy from behind and deserve a penalty? Probably, but after watching the replay closely, I'm not surprised that the ref didn't make the call initially. Watch the hit on the archive at about 3:12:30.

As O'Byrne reaches the player O'Byrne and the Clarkson player are already turning toward their right to play the puck. OB's gloves never come up above his waist, and although it looks like O'Byrne's left glove does shove the Clarkson player as he reached for the puck it looks like the Clarkson player was already on his way down (having perhaps lost an edge?) when O'Byrne reaches him. One could argue that it's even more dangerous to hit a player who's already falling in to the board, but it was pretty clear that both players were turning away from the boards and intent on playing the puck when they probably made contact.

It's kinda funny because I remembered exactly what everyone else did. I remembered O'Byrne skating straight toward the guy who went head first into the boards when he was hit. Turns out memory's a malleable thing. I watched the damn film so much trying to figure out what happened that I felt like I was in an Oliver Stone movie. "Back and to the left. Back and to the left." ;-)

So, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with Ari and say this hit was nothing like Abbott's against Harvard.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2006 01:40PM by schoaff.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:28PM

Moulson showed the leadership -- even strength scoring leadership - the team has been seeking all year. Two OT goals in two nights, and at least this time it was allowed. Those at the far end who saw the Golden Knight stick smashing, cage thumping freakout moments later thought for a moment this was a disputed call.

We like to think of our guys as the good guys, but to have two players get five-minute majors seems unsporting. Everyone has a different viewpoint. I thought O'
Byrne got him from behind and didn't see it as "started to check from the side when suddenly he [Clarkson skater] turned his back on O'Byrne." It was an amazing PK, six-plus minutes worth including a previous penalty. Roll had a right to be concerned about a player who looked to be possibly badly hurt, but he knows the rulebook, and a coach on the ice call kept it from being a 5x3 for 3:25 (I believe) including the carryover. Cornell's PK was awesome Saturday (Clarkson was 0x9 on PP) but even a blind squirrel finds some nuts.

A lot penalties were called, but it didn't seem anything like the 2004 quarterfinal slugfest. Mostly in the first half of regulation, then a flurry once it looked like this was going to challenge the five-OT Yale/Union record.

The 2-1 margin on shots Saturday was awesome. Clarkson only had six shots on net in 30 minutes of OT -- and McKee was on his A game then, after a brief first-period respite when he missed the shot from center ice -- but there were a couple nail-biters as the puck slid across the crease or was dangerously loose in front. I'd guess there were a half-dozen if-only-X-happened differently chances where Clarkson could have scored in OT outside of the Clarkson power plays.

Leggio went through about three, four water bottles a period. Does the guy have to get up a lot during the night? Remember the water bottles for a cheer next year.

The Clarkson band was annoying only to those who heard them play. The sound didn't carry to the far reaches of the rink, thank goodness.

I sat in front of a couple Cornell women who think Topher ("Tophe";) is totally good looking and cute. Gleed, too. Made an interesting alternative play-to-play to bringing an AM radio and hearing Jason Weinstein.

In addition to Section O, Clarkson got a bunch of Section H seats, but it appears a lot of Cornell fans scored those Clarkson seats. I did feel sorry (a little, for a little while) for two Clarkson kids there with their parents who really were crushed to see their Golden Knights go down the tubes. Hey, kids, pick your parents more carefully next time.

Very nice scene at the end when students, parents, townspeople and other fans got on the ice to mingle with the players and coaches. This is what makes college sports superior to the pros.

... and now that it's over, everyone who wished for a strong and seasoned opponent to help us prepare for Albany can breathe a sigh of relief.

Wrecking crew shows up Monday to start the Lynah upgrade. And yes, the locker room is at street level. You walk up and down a wide, rubber-padded set of stairs.

Update for older alumni: Alumni Field, formerly known as Upper Alumni Field in recognition that there used to be a Lower Alumni Field (RIP 1973, now Corson-Mudd Hall, Comstock Hall and the Biotechnology Building), is going, going, gone too, for a Life Sciences Technology Building on the west end. Damn those academic and research necessities. See a well-reasoned editorial in the Sun about the need to replace playing fields that were supposedly created in perpetuity for sports: [www.cornellsun.com]

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:32PM

schoaff:
As O'Byrne reaches the player O'Byrne and the Clarkson player are already turning toward their right to play the puck. OB's gloves never come up above his waist, and although it looks like O'Byrne's left glove does shove the Clarkson player as he turns toward the puck it looks like the Clarkson player was already on his way down (having perhaps lost an edge?) when O'Byrne reaches him. One could argue that it's even more dangerous to hit a player who's already falling in to the board, but it was pretty clear that both players were intent on turning to play the puck when they probably made contact.

I hadn't commented on this because I don't have the benefit of being able to watch the replay, and just figured that I was wrong. So I kept mum. But now that schoaff has opened the door for me...

As the play happened, it looked to me like the Clarkson player was in the process of going down before OB had done much of anything, other than just normal contact. I actually thought the Clarkson player might have slipped or caught an edge, and that his winding up in the boards had little to do with O'Byrne. The assistant ref who made the call was on the opposite side of the rink. Hansen was much closer to the play, and in better position to see the players.

And as someone else has said, the fact that the assistant ref decided to "overrule" the ref, on a play that the ref clearly saw, in a situation where the ref has pretty much decided to "let them play" strikes me as being completely inappropriate. Hansen had apparently decided that he was only going to call the most blatant of penalties. It's not the assistant ref's role to challenge that.
Andy W.

Posted by: Facetimer (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:53PM

All the yapping about the legitimacy of the penalty, and nobody has given Cornell the credit they deserved for killing 7 minutes of non-full strength hockey. To go through that series of 3X3, 4X3, 4X4, 5X4 like they did (I actually had to take out a piece of paper to figure out all the penalties and when Clarkson had the man advantage) was the reason they won the game.

My two cents on the call: It was definately a penalty, it did not appear to be malicious, and the combo of Dodge/Roll did a great acting job to draw the 5 minutes/GM.

Date: March 12, 2006 01:59PM

Just watched the penalty replay a few times again. Dodge had already lost an edge when OB, who had already lined the hit up helped his fall as he pushed him down. It was not intentional, but it *was* a hit from behind. A two or *maybe* a four - due mostly to bad luck. But a 5 and a game, no way.

If Rich S or anyone disagrees, I would love to get you access to the video (somehow ;) ) before you call us bias about it. So you can see it before you judge. It looked a lot worse than it actually was.

Posted by: bjybjy (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 02:08PM

I was sitting right next to where the hit look place, but I havn't been able to watch the replay. I said outloud when OB hit the guy "Oh man, thats a penalty". It looked almost like a crosscheck to the back. OB popped the guy, and he went DOWN instantly, not like "Oh, I got hit? Well I'll take a dive" My first instinct was to look at Hanson but his back was turned. The linejudge made the call, then had to explain to Hanson what had happened.

I think it should have been a boarding call for sure, but the 5 minute and game dq I don't know about.

Tad

Date: March 12, 2006 02:10PM

bjybjy
I think it should have been a boarding call for sure, but the 5 minute and game dq I don't know about.
Tad

It wasn't a DQ--just a misconduct (translation: we'll have him for the semi-final in Albany).

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 02:16PM

Wow! The ten-hour round trip to get to Lynah and back (at 4:30 snore drive ) in time to work at 7:00 this morning was absolutely and completely worth it. It was frustrating that we couldn't score more, but it blew my mind how hard the team worked throughout the game. All of our goals were earned by simply outhustling and outmuscling the Clarkson players. I was truly impressed by the effort put out by the whole team. This game was much more like the Colgate games and the home north country series then the more recent end of season games. If we can keep up this level of play and knock a goal in every now and then, I think we will be in good shape.

Lynah was awesome! Other than the idiots who cheered when Hansen got hurt and the jerks in Section E who threw stuff on the ice after the game (did they think we lost or something?), the atmosphere was unbelievable. I had been bragging to my two friends that came with me about how great the Faithful are, and everyone more than lived up to my hyped-up descriptions. My friends had such a good time that they can't wait to go to Albany with me.

No one has mentioned it, but the balloon with Leggio's picture on it and "Ugly Sieve" was awesome. It actually made it all the way from about Section C to Section O during the OT intermission so the Clarkson fans could be reminded about what they have in net. I definitely have to add a new cheer to the list of favorites:

"Send it that way clap-clap-clapclapclap" from Sections A-G with hands pointed to Section O to get the people in M and N to keep it moving. A new classic.

Thanks to Bill Howard and Andy for the chance to get together for a pregame dinner. We made it to the game in plenty of time by the way :) It was nice to be able to put faces with a couple of the posters here. I hope to be able to get together with more people next weekend.

Robb, sorry you can't make it. I was really impressed to see you in Albany last year knowing that you had traveled so far.

-Chris

Date: March 12, 2006 02:22PM

billhoward
Leggio went through about three, four water bottles a period. Does the guy have to get up a lot during the night?
Hey Bill, remember he's young enough as to not have prostate problems. :-D

Posted by: mjc (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 12, 2006 02:30PM

...Oh where, oh where could Rich S be?

Posted by: jpb58 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 02:35PM

That was my balloon, sent it from D during the second intermission. Such a great game to end my four years at lynah: winning on my b-day, getting my balloon to O, and losing my voice in the process. LGR!!!

Posted by: nr53 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 02:41PM

cth95

No one has mentioned it, but the balloon with Leggio's picture on it and "Ugly Sieve" was awesome. It actually made it all the way from about Section C to Section O during the OT intermission so the Clarkson fans could be reminded about what they have in net. I definitely have to add a new cheer to the list of favorites:

"Send it that way clap-clap-clapclapclap" from Sections A-G with hands pointed to Section O to get the people in M and N to keep it moving. A new classic.

The balloon was actually hand carried from G to N by a friend of mine because nobody seemed to get the idea. He got it back after it was bounced around N for a while and then smacked it right into the center of O. The reaction of the Clarkson fans: Priceless :-D
I think they finally understood what we were chanting

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login