Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

cornell v golden showers, game 1

Posted by A-19 
Page: Previous123 4 
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: cornell v golden showers, game 1
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 10, 2006 11:35PM

Trotsky
I defy you to find an opposing message board anywhere that is more fair and gracious than that.

Certainly not a Minnesota board. :-P

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Redscore (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2006 11:37PM

I don't know about you guys, but this guy RichS sounds like a nutcase psycho. I'm completely turned off by his inferiority complex driven posts. Richs, its time to go find a Clarkson site where people want to read your opinion. Buzz off.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 10, 2006 11:38PM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky
I defy you to find an opposing message board anywhere that is more fair and gracious than that.

Pisses me off that the Minny crowd on USCHO are so hostile, because when I hung out with the Minny fans in Grand Rapids in '97, they were really, really fun. Of course, 1) they were mostly bandies, who are always fun (especially girl bandies), and 2) they had all their hatredy focused on Michigan, which is okay by me. :-D

Date: March 10, 2006 11:44PM

Trotsky
jtwcornell91
Trotsky

Pisses me off that the Minny crowd on USCHO are so hostile, because when I hung out with the Minny fans in Grand Rapids in '97, they were really, really fun. Of course, 1) they were mostly bandies, who are always fun (especially girl bandies), and 2) they had all their hatredy focused on Michigan, which is okay by me. :-D

RichH and I had a blast tailgating with Minnesota folks in Columbus. And Rich and Josh hung with them in Minneapolis before that.

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 10, 2006 11:53PM

John, yes it does mean largely that. And thanks.

But "closer than you expected?" Many of the posters here this week expressed concern about this series and didn't sound like they expected a cakewalk.

I know that the Clarkson team and coaches felt coming in that they had a reasonable chance to win despite the fact that they were the underdog.

Sounds like this was another in the series of great games between the teams, something that you have always recognized which I take note of. Unfortunately, a few of your arrogant brethren don't see fit to acknowledge the efforts of the other team. Or need 30 minutes to get around to doing it.

Probably no Hot Truck for me tomorrow. IF I get up there, it's likely to be at the Clarkson pre-game gathering.

Hot Truck
Date: March 10, 2006 11:58PM

Well, Hot Truck is for post-game anyway, B-]

Date: March 10, 2006 11:59PM

Thanks for the cogent analysis.

I disagree with some comments that take into account only one team's efforts in a @ OT game, some of you guys jump all over me for it....and that makes me a nut case?

Brilliant.:-}

Posted by: schoaff (---.ga.at.cox.net)
Date: March 11, 2006 12:02AM

Redscore
I don't know about you guys, but this guy RichS sounds like a nutcase psycho. I'm completely turned off by his inferiority complex driven posts.

I don't think RichS is a psycho, but he definitely feels the need to take something important away from the Cornell fans.

When I want a neutral site where I can go to discuss college hockey rationally I go to USCHO. Sometimes, however, I just want to go someplace where I can extend the endorphin rush of a heroic win by gloating a little, wallow in the misery of unquestionably unjust officiating, and anticipate future glory. It adds a little bit of extra happiness to my life.

In the rational part of the world I know the wins aren't really heroic, the calls are just the rub of the green and usually even out, and there isn't anything particularly glorious about some kids with whom I have a very tenuous connection winning a hockey game. But gosh darn it, I have enough rational in my life already.

I don't see anything wrong with having someplace to just get a buzz on by saying the Big Red are the epitome of all that is good and heroic but RichS just seems to want to kill that buzz wherever it emerges.

Well, I discovered tonight that he is a teacher. I have a lot of teachers in my family and I've seen what it does to them. So I'll just go back and forth between being furious he's destroying my oasis and feeling sympathy for him as he's simply the product of his tortured environment.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 11, 2006 12:05AM

Rich S
Thanks for the cogent analysis.

I disagree with some comments that take into account only one team's efforts in a @ OT game, some of you guys jump all over me for it....and that makes me a nut case?

Brilliant.:-}

I don't think anyone's comments took into accounts only one team's efforts in tonights victory. But if you say there were slanted towards Cornell... I'd say, big freakin' duh.

And if anyone's did only account for Cornell's efforts, you can rest assured they don't speak for the rest of us, and its not worth getting your feathers all ruffled over.

Re: Hot Truck
Date: March 11, 2006 12:09AM

Thanks, I'll try to stop there before the drive back to Binghamton perhaps.

Date: March 11, 2006 01:02AM

I understand your feelings about wanting to feel good and all, really. I can identify.

I'm never trying to take away your buzz or have you feel less good about your victories or team but a bit more balanced perspective about how things went or how the ref screwed your team would be good. To not acknowledge another team's efforts, even marginally and how they affected your own team's performance, sorry I disagree with that.

Maybe it's just the analytical coach or sportswriter in me. Someone else said, "oh well." Okay.

Gee, did someone blow my cover as a teacher? twitch It has been only in the past few years and only part time after many years in corporate accounting and finance. Now THAT's a tortured environment.

Oh...I'm a "professor" now, thank you. Lol...I'm not used to being called that. :-)

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 11, 2006 07:40AM

schoaff
When I want a neutral site where I can go to discuss college hockey rationally I go to USCHO.

wow

Date: March 11, 2006 08:41AM

Rich S
I understand your feelings about wanting to feel good and all, really. I can identify.

I'm never trying to take away your buzz or have you feel less good about your victories or team but a bit more balanced perspective about how things went or how the ref screwed your team would be good. To not acknowledge another team's efforts, even marginally and how they affected your own team's performance, sorry I disagree with that.

And on USCHO or some other neutral site your feelings would be appropriate. But asking people on eLynah to be balanced and fair is like asking the fans at physical Lynah to chant "It's All Your Fault" at McKee after a Clarkson goal.

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2006 09:40AM

Rich S

You certainly won't find a balanced perspective on the roundtable. Nothing but a healthy dislike for Cornell, and plenty of one-sided comments. Nothing neutral about it. If you can go there, and read that without problem, why would you expect us to be all sunshine and rainbows about Clarkson over here??

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2006 12:56PM

Rich S
To not acknowledge another team's efforts, even marginally and how they affected your own team's performance, sorry I disagree with that.

If you really believe this, then why don't you hold the Round Table or the Clarkson Hockey blog to the same standard?

Date: March 11, 2006 04:56PM

Rich S

Gee, did someone blow my cover as a teacher? twitch It has been only in the past few years and only part time after many years in corporate accounting and finance. Now THAT's a tortured environment.

D'oh! I realized I misread Techer as Teacher.

<Emily Litella voice>
Nevermind :-D
</Emily Litella Voice>

Posted by: Robb (68.171.152.---)
Date: March 11, 2006 05:05PM

DisplacedCornellian
You certainly won't find a balanced perspective on the roundtable. Nothing but a healthy dislike for Cornell, and plenty of one-sided comments. Nothing neutral about it. If you can go there, and read that without problem, why would you expect us to be all sunshine and rainbows about Clarkson over here??
Actually, you won't even find much of a dislike for Cornell on the roundtable. You actually won't find much of anything. Pretty sad - it used to be a vibrant community, but there only seem to be about 4 regular contributors these days.

FWIW, I did happen to notice that most of the 2 posts about the actual game focused on, gasp, Clarkson players. I think it's pretty disrespectful for them not to acknowledge the efforts their opponents. I think I'll go berate them for it. rolleyes

Page: Previous123 4 
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login