Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Results 11/4-5

Posted by RichH 
Results 11/4-5
Posted by: RichH (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: November 04, 2005 11:01PM

Rank	School		  11/4	   11/5
1	Colorado College   W	     W
2	Maine		   W	     L(19)**
3	Michigan	   W         W
4	Cornell		   W	     W
5	North Dakota       L(9)      L(9)
6	Vermont            W* L(19) DNP
7	Minnesota          T	     L
8	Michigan State     W(14)     W(14)
9	Wisconsin          W(5)      W(5)
10	Denver             W	     W
11	Boston College	   W(12)*   DNP
12	New Hampshire	   L(11)* W  W
13	Ohio State	   L(16)     L(16)
14	Northern Michigan  L(8)      L(8)
15	Harvard		   L	     W
16	Miami		   W(13)     W(13)
17	Alaska-Fairbanks   W	     T
18	Bemidji State	   DNP      DNP
19	Boston University  W(6)	     W(2)**
20	St. Lawrence	   W	     W

* Tuesday 11/1
** Sunday 11/6

ECAC
----------------------------------
	Brown		   L (COL)   L(COR)   
	Clarkson	   T (RPI)   W(UC)
	Colgate		   W (BWN)   W(YU)
	Cornell		   W (YU)    W(BWN)
	Dartmouth	   L (PU)    L(QU)
	Harvard		   L (QU)    W(PU)
	Princeton	   W (DC)    L(HU)
	Quinnipiac	   W (HU)    W(DC)
	RPI                T (CLK)   L(SLU)
	St. Lawrence	   W (UC)    W(RPI)
	Union		   L (SLU)   L(CLK)
	Yale		   L (COR)   L(COL)

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2005 04:17PM by RichH.

Re: Results 11/4-5
Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: November 05, 2005 01:09AM

Adding the two late western scores: Denver and CC both won.

Date: November 05, 2005 01:59AM

It is of note that on the ESPN bottom line tonight, they had the results for the top 10 in both men's AND women's D-1 hockey.

Posted by: Tom14850 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 05, 2005 09:44AM

Memo to Donato:

Don't play Justin Tobe.

Posted by: dadeo (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 05, 2005 09:33PM

Wow - Quinnipiac had a FOUR POINT WEEKEND.
crazy
sucks was up on princeton 2-1, colgate downed yale, clarkson downed union...

in other news, MSU continues to roll, and UAF is in OT (or tied)? OSU lost to Miami of Ohio, and Michigan beat up on poor Notre Dame.

Date: November 05, 2005 11:47PM

Scores are updated through Saturday night. Maine plays BU Sunday afternoon.

NoDak being swept at home by Wisc. and Miami's sweep of tOSU seem to be the biggest stories, other than Q's ECAC opening.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 06, 2005 12:02AM

[Q]RichH Wrote:

Scores are updated through Saturday night. Maine plays BU Sunday afternoon.

NoDak being swept at home by Wisc. and Miami's sweep of tOSU seem to be the biggest stories, other than Q's ECAC opening.[/q]

Minnesota's tie and loss at Duluth is pretty big too.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: November 06, 2005 01:10AM

Even though, at the moment, Quinnipiac is subbing for RPI, I must say that I find the current ECAC leaderboard to be very reassuring after years of strangeness:

Top half: Colgate, Cornell, St. Lawrence, Clarkson, Harvard
Bottom: Princeton, Brown, Union, Yale, Dartmouth

Welcome back, Clarkson and St. Lawrence.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: November 06, 2005 01:20AM

[Q]Scersk '97 Wrote:

Even though, at the moment, Quinnipiac is subbing for RPI, I must say that I find the current ECAC leaderboard to be very reassuring after years of strangeness:

Top half: Colgate, Cornell, St. Lawrence, Clarkson, Harvard
Bottom: Princeton, Brown, Union, Yale, Dartmouth

Welcome back, Clarkson and St. Lawrence.[/q]

It's a weekend into the season, I'm not relying on much yet. We coulda easily come out of this weekend with 0 or 1 points. Let's see where people are in a month.

Date: November 06, 2005 02:35AM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:
It's a weekend into the season, I'm not relying on much yet. We coulda easily come out of this weekend with 0 or 1 points. Let's see where people are in a month.[/q]

Yeah, yeah, and we take each weekend one by one, and we give 110%, and all the children are above-average. Blah di blah.

Mark my words: QU is not for real, but won't be last at the end of the season--I'm thinking RPI; Colgate (not QU) has replaced RPI (in a more permanent sense) from the late 80s leaderboard; St. Lawrence and/or Clarkson are/is back; and only in '98 and '00 would we have come out of this weekend with less than 2 points, and, well, the team wasn't too good back then...

In a month, as usual, Harvard will lead the league in points but other teams will have many games in hand; prior to the pre-Christmas tournie break, we will have a "setback loss," like we do every year, probably to Quinnipiac at home (we tend to lose our 8th ECAC game of the season); everyone will be anticipating a game in Florida that matches up two of the top teams in the nation, if they can get past their respective "patsies;" and Minnesota fans will be decrying their team's "ungelled" state.

There are some long-term patterns at work here. Some things change, and some things stay the same. The ECAC is going back to normal (by which I mean mid-60s to mid-70s and mid-80s to early 90s), and that's bad for Brown, Dartmouth, and Yale. What has changed are the positions of individual teams: we're more like Harvard in the mid 80s to early 90s, while Harvard's been trying to play St. Lawrence's role and not doing it very well; Dartmouth's been being us in the late 80s and 90s--close, but no cigar, and it's time for a fall; Colgate is playing Clarkson, with regular-season success not translating into championships; conversely, Clarkson is playing Colgate, making a run or two and perhaps making a bizarre run to an NCAA final in a couple of years; let's hope that St. Lawrence is playing us from that time, since they really used to have our number and it'd be nice to turn the tables.

I remind everyone what happened with Harvard in the mid 80s and early 90s? And we've always been much better at playoff hockey than Harvard...

(For the record, I hope we're actually playing RPI from 1985, but without the precipitous drop off...)

Oh yes, these things shall all come to pass.

Posted by: jy3 (---.bflony.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 06, 2005 10:12AM

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. "

sorry couldnt resist
interesting how teams in the middle-bottom of the poll are having a hard time asserting themselves - although I guess last year that would have been the bottom. too many teams in the poll...

Date: November 06, 2005 12:05PM

Scerek,

What you say is interesting, and could be true, but could also be entirely bunk, no way to know yet :-). You say that the good start means something for Clarkson and SLU but it doesn't mean anything for QU. So is this week predictive or not? Or does it just depend on your personal biases?

I tend to agree that it's more likely to mean something for Clarkson and SLU, but we'll see. We've been hearing for 3 or 4 years now that the North Country kin will be back this year and it hasn't panned out. I wish them luck, I think historic programs like that deserve good years and years of national prominence, but I'll believe it when I see it, and one weekend isn't seeing anything, as you clearly state for QU.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2005 12:11PM

Two thoughts:

1. Good to see Michigan State continues to play well against solid competition;
2. What the heck is going on with Ohio State?

Date: November 06, 2005 03:09PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:
Scersk,

What you say is interesting, and could be true, but could also be entirely bunk, no way to know yet. You say that the good start means something for Clarkson and SLU but it doesn't mean anything for QU. So is this week predictive or not? Or does it just depend on your personal biases?[/q]

Yes and no. What QU did this week doesn't really fit into my predictions, but I don't care, and that's my personal bias. What is predictive is how badly Dartmouth is playing, how SLU cruised, how Clarkson was very close to a 4-pointer, and how we won dirty.

The relative shadings of my crystal ball always depend on my personal biases, and I wholly agree that what I wrote may be bunk. But, you see, that's the fun of predictions. There's no sense in constantly putting the kibosh on speculation or we'll never have anything to talk about; i.e., you can always wait "one more week" to predict something, but that's not much of a prediction then, eh?

Let's revisit my predictions in a month and at the end of the season.

Date: November 06, 2005 03:35PM

Oh, absolutely have fun with it. Just don't pretend to be objective when you argument is "all this happened this week which proves A, B, and C... now, the opposite of Z happened, but that's okay cause this week isn't predictive" ;-)

But you're not pretending to be objective, so rock on. It'll be interesting to see how your predictions turn out

Date: November 06, 2005 04:17PM

BU beats Maine on Sunday, 2-1.

Posted by: David Harding (70.131.164.---)
Date: November 06, 2005 05:05PM

[Q]jy3 Wrote:

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. "

sorry couldnt resist
interesting how teams in the middle-bottom of the poll are having a hard time asserting themselves - although I guess last year that would have been the bottom. too many teams in the poll...[/q]
Return of the Cowbell Guy?
:-D

Sorry...

Posted by: A-19 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 06, 2005 06:20PM

[Q]RichH Wrote:

BU beats Maine on Sunday, 2-1.[/q]

screw bu, thank you too

OT: Results 11/4-5
Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: November 06, 2005 06:40PM

[Q]jy3 Wrote:

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend[/q]
Kind of like my ancient memories of reading that tedious series, although I'd classify it more as a nightmare than a legend. Can anyone believe it's been 16 years since The Eye of the World came out, and that whore Jordan has shown no sign of ending the series anytime soon?

Kyle

Posted by: dadeo (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 06, 2005 07:27PM

well - MSU doing well will mean our RPI will stay hi hi high.
(ditto niagara, since we play them twice)

Re: OT: Results 11/4-5
Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 07, 2005 12:47PM

It cracks me up that I bought the first book freshman year and it's still going. Good series until he forgot where the story was going and got lost in endless descriptions of so-and-so's dresses, etc. Unfortunately that was around ten years ago...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login