Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Lynah East (and possibly Dartmouth) Roll Call

Posted by French Rage 
Lynah East (and possibly Dartmouth) Roll Call
Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: November 05, 2005 09:31PM

Now that this weekend if officially in the books, time to see who's making the trek to the other rick we dominate.

I've been in California for the last couple of years, consigned to the fact I would not see the team play for quite some time. But I was contacted for an interview in Burlington, MA; realizing the oppurtunity this presented, I was able to set it for November 11th, allowing me to fly in for the weekend, and attend both games, something I was never even able to do as a student. Needless to say, if the whole thing goes off seamlessly, this may be my greatest personal victory ever.

(Legal disclaimer: I am actually interested in the job, but I'm also making the most of the situation too.)

Re: Lynah East (and possibly Dartmouth) Roll Call
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 05, 2005 09:34PM

I'll be at both, provided I can acquire tickets to Dartmouth. (I'm not anticipating problems, but you never know.)

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 05, 2005 09:38PM

i will be at harvard w/ a few friends from cornell + my gf who goes to harvard :P

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 05, 2005 09:40PM

I'll be at Hahvahd with one Cornell DVM, a Buffalo alum, and an Israeli.

Can't make Dartmouth; I've got a wedding in Saratoga Springs (a Union alum and a Yale women's hockey alum).

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2005 09:41PM by Beeeej.

Posted by: JimHyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 05, 2005 09:52PM

At Harvard, doubt Dart. Flying to San Diego early Sun AM.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: November 05, 2005 09:57PM

Not me, and after this weekend, we'll need all the cherring we can get.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: November 05, 2005 10:04PM

I'll be at both :-D :-D :-D

Flying in from Pcola, meeting Susan, who's flying in from Chicago, and spending Friday making signs.

Posted by: A-19 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 05, 2005 10:56PM

i will be @ harvard (a verrrrrrrrrry long trip) with 45 cornellians (mostly from '04), and 20 of us will be at dartmouth

give me some halls extra strength this week and i'll be good to go

-mike '04

Date: November 05, 2005 11:16PM

oh, and the 45 of us will be at john harvard's from 430 on!

Posted by: Nate 04 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 05, 2005 11:34PM

I'll be at Hahvahd game with 3 friends. Dartmouth most likely won't happen.

Posted by: Molgestron (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 05, 2005 11:45PM

I'm going to both, with a group of CU alumni at Harvard, and an ex at Dartmouth.

Is it worthwhile getting Dartmouth tickets in advance or should I not anticipate a problem? She checked it out for me and she said that the guy at the Dartmouth ticket office laughed at her when she asked if I would need a ticket beforehand but I just wanted to make sure.

Date: November 05, 2005 11:47PM

mol,

from what i understand, thompson arena gets kinda crowded. as a personal mantra, i ALWAYS get tickets before, especially after the 2004 colgate disaster ("worst trip ever";) where we drove 2 hours in a blizzard and it was sold out.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 05, 2005 11:49PM

[Q]A-19 Wrote:
mol,
from what i understand, thompson arena gets kinda crowded. as a personal mantra, i ALWAYS get tickets before, especially after the 2004 colgate disaster ("worst trip ever";) where we drove 2 hours in a blizzard and it was sold out.[/q]
and then something about sliding off the road only to get passed by one of the CU buses ... or something like that. nut
or was that someone else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2005 11:51PM by ben03.

Date: November 05, 2005 11:58PM

that's me. worst trip in the history of all trips ever.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2005 12:23AM

will be @ hahvard with 8 others.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 06, 2005 12:25AM

I'm going with five others to both Lynah East and Dartmouth...Let's make 4 points a weekend routine!

LGR!!!!rockrock

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 06, 2005 12:32AM

7 at lynah east, 2 at darmouth
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2005 12:36AM by Jacob '06.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr6.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.co)
Date: November 06, 2005 12:38AM

6 for Lynah East. 5 For Dartmouth.

LGR!!!

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: November 06, 2005 12:42AM

7 @ Lynah East - considering Dartmouth for probably 2 of us, not sure

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2005 05:28AM

We'll be at Harvard barring some unforseen bus catastrophe (knock on wood), but no band at Dartmouth. Sorry, all. :-/

Posted by: Molgestron (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2005 10:35AM

[Q]A-19 Wrote:

mol,

from what i understand, thompson arena gets kinda crowded. as a personal mantra, i ALWAYS get tickets before, especially after the 2004 colgate disaster ("worst trip ever";) where we drove 2 hours in a blizzard and it was sold out.[/q]

Thanks for the advice.

She's friends with an alleged Dartmouth hockey "fan" who claims that he can smuggle me in for free and get me to sit with them in the student section under the pretense of a Dartmouth student. But they sound like they don't know exactly what they're doing and I'm not sure who I'll be fooling with my Cornell jersey so I'll be calling the ticket office tomorrow morning. Still, if you see a tall redhead going nuts in the middle of Dartmouth undergrads, you'll know how that worked out.

Posted by: Trigger (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2005 11:01AM

Glop and I will be attending the Harvard game, and will be deciding on the Dartmouth game soon. May go see if Colgate is as good as they looked this past weekend in lieu of the extra 3 hour drive. The fact that the band isn't making the trip also makes me wonder if we should go. That and the free lodging in Boston, but not in New Hampshire. Anybody else going to the Colgate/Harvard sucks game?

Posted by: KenSt (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 06, 2005 11:15AM

I'm midway between the two, so Dartmouth definitely and trying to decide whether to drive down for an hour to the Charles to chance/greet a Crimson scalper.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: November 06, 2005 11:36AM

I'll be at Lynah East, crutches and all. :)

Kyle

Posted by: dargason (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 06, 2005 12:37PM

Myself plus one at Lynah East (thanks Fred!)

Date: November 06, 2005 12:44PM

Not this year. Somebody please send me a Redbones (Davis Square) ribs special. Hold the waitress.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2005 12:44PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 06, 2005 12:52PM

I'm excited for my first trip to Lynah East and Thompson...but I have a few questions (I bet I'm not the only one) for those who have been there before...

1) Do you have any suggestions for places to park in Cambridge for most of the day (2pm-11pm)? I've heard parking is pretty difficult.

2) Do you have any suggestions for a post game drink/bite to eat (for both the Dartmouth and Sucks game)?

3) Are there any additional suggestions or is there any other info I might benefit from about the trip in general?

I've already consulted the CHTG but it is about 3 years out of date and I assume some things have changed. Thanks everyone for your help!

-Rob

Posted by: gatitita '05 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2005 01:21PM

ill be with the band at hahvhad, then traveling on to dartmouth with 3 other vet students... i just hope the hahvahd rink lets us have more than 25 instruments, so we dont have half the band sitting out again :-(

Date: November 06, 2005 01:32PM

redhair,

cambridge parking sucks. park on a side street where the signs say "cambridge residents only" (they don't check friday night through sunday) or anywhere that says "no parking during street cleaning." you won't find parking on mass ave/jfk street by harvard square and the rink has no parking facility. you can also park on western ave on the allston side of the campus or on N harvard street, which are both walking distance from the rink.

i recommend john harvard's (not food food quality, but for atmosphere) before the game. it's located on dunster street by the harvard sq tstop. make reservations. also, their service is notably slow- that's why we're going at 430 instead of 530.

i'd also be interested in getting some recs for places to eat at dartmouth.

-mike

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 06, 2005 01:39PM

Typically people eat at Everything But Anchovies before the Dartmouth game.

Does that still hold the record for longest eLF thread ever? :-D

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: November 06, 2005 01:44PM

[Q]dargason Wrote:

Myself plus one at Lynah East (thanks Fred!)[/q]

No problem!

[Q]1) Do you have any suggestions for places to park in Cambridge for most of the day (2pm-11pm)? I've heard parking is pretty difficult.

2) Do you have any suggestions for a post game drink/bite to eat (for both the Dartmouth and Sucks game)?

3) Are there any additional suggestions or is there any other info I might benefit from about the trip in general? [/Q]

1) Hahaha... biggest understatement ever :-). Next thing you'll be telling me that driving around Boston is kinda confusing ;-)

My best parking suggestion: don't. At least not near Harvard Square - not for all day. I don't know Cambridge all that much, so perhaps someone has an insider information (i.e. there's a few hidden free parking areas in Boston, so perhaps there's something similar in Cambridge), but other than that, I would suggest turning North at I-95(Route 128) off the Pike, and then heading into Boston on Route 2. Just before the end of Route 2 you get off this little exit off to the right that points to Alewife Station - which the end of the Red line of the T (subway).

According to the MBTA website, parking at Alewife is $5 (I hope that's not per hour, it doesn't say so). And then take the Red line ($1.25 per person) to Harvard Square.

If you're staying in Boston, I would suggest parking at your hotel and taking the red line (and whatever else) to Harvard Square.

All this would mean you'd have to walk to the rink and back to the Harvard Square T, but it's all very walkable (although not short).

2) I can only recommend you stuff on the Comm Ave (BU) stretch, which there's plenty, but you won't be getting there if you follow my above suggestion. But there's plenty in Harvard Square I'd bet, so you'll be fine.

3) Dartmouth is further than you think. Get an early start :-)

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2005 02:49PM

I'll be at both with several friends. Looking for some more Dartmouth tickets though.

Date: November 06, 2005 02:50PM

[Q]gatitita '05 Wrote:

ill be with the band at hahvhad, then traveling on to dartmouth with 3 other vet students... i just hope the hahvahd rink lets us have more than 25 instruments, so we dont have half the band sitting out again [/q]

For the love of God, don't put Olsen in charge of directions.

Posted by: gatitita '05 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2005 02:55PM

HAHAHAHA ok.

Date: November 06, 2005 02:56PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:
Does that still hold the record for longest eLF thread ever? [/q]

Erp?

Date: November 06, 2005 04:23PM

[Q]A-19 Wrote:

that's me. worst trip in the history of all trips ever.[/q]

We don't talk about that weekend. Also, that loss at Union that year we dont talk about. And the QF's too. In fact, it should be more or less a rule that anything relating to the spring of '04 never happened.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2005 05:31PM

[Q]French Rage Wrote:

A-19 Wrote:

that's me. worst trip in the history of all trips ever.[/Q]
We don't talk about that weekend. Also, that loss at Union that year we dont talk about. And the QF's too. In fact, it should be more or less a rule that anything relating to the spring of '04 never happened.[/q]
As everyone knows, Cornell didn't have a season that year. Just the Everblades tournament.

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2005 07:44PM

First Lynah East trip for me, I will be next to Ari.... in other news Boston Sucks, Go Yankees!

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 06, 2005 08:56PM

You can get away with wearing a Cornell jersey in Boston, but make sure of your medical coverage before saying B*oston sucks anywhere east of Route 495. Joan Baez will have to write a song about you, sadder even than, "I dreamed I saw Joe Hill one night ..."

Posted by: Robin L (---.dhcp.oxfr.ma.charter.com)
Date: November 06, 2005 09:56PM

I plan to be at Lynah East. Can't make Darmouth, have to work that evening.

Robin '98

Date: November 06, 2005 11:51PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

You can get away with wearing a Cornell jersey in Boston, but make sure of your medical coverage before saying B*oston sucks anywhere east of Route 495. Joan Baez will have to write a song about you, sadder even than, "I dreamed I saw Joe Hill one night ..." [/q]

Is limited to just saying "Boston sucks", or by implying it by wearing a Yankees cap?

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 07, 2005 02:57AM

Sadly can't make it. Figures that the year we're going to Harvard when it won't be four degrees out is the year I have to skip.

Posted by: Nate 04 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: November 07, 2005 07:56AM

[Q]French Rage Wrote:

Is limited to just saying "Boston sucks", or by implying it by wearing a Yankees cap?[/q]
You can probably say "Red Sox ownership/administration sucks" and most in Boston would agree with you right now after the whole Theo fiasco. But why waste your breath on that when you can say "Hahvahd Sucks!"

To add to the parking information, there are a few parking garages in Harvard Sq, which I can't imagine run more than $25 for the night, though I don't know how crowded they'll be. But if you want the closest/easiest parking for the game and don't mind shelling out more for parking than a ticket, it's an option.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hyatsv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 07, 2005 09:45AM

Lynah East: here I come!

Date: November 07, 2005 11:20AM

[Q]Ben Rocky 04 Wrote:

Lynah East: here I come! [/q]

you'll get here when you get here rocky

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login