Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

STOP THE MADNESS: Bring the Bell Back to B

Posted by CM cWo 44 
STOP THE MADNESS: Bring the Bell Back to B
Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 27, 2005 07:21PM

OK, this is some bullshit here, so I feel I have to speak out.
Ari (aka calgARI 07), was a victim like many of us, and did not get a top 300 number. However, he's the F*ing cowbell guy, not to mention the most knowledgable and passionate hockey fan I know. It would be sacreligious to see him in D this year... therefore, a modest proposal....

If you, or someone you know has a top 300 number, please campaign for a negotiated trade with Ari. I'm sure some compensation can be arranged (though it should really be a strait swap). Shit, I will pay the difference if I have to. He has #545, so here's the logic that must be employed.

A. The cowbell must remain in Section B at all costs
Its the tradition, and it must be close enough to the band for there not to be embarassing cheers interrupted due to lack of coordination

B. Due to the ridiculous ticket procedure, there will be a scattered diaspora of diehard Cornell Hockey fans throughout the arena.
Therefore, sitting in A or D or wherever is really of no consequence this year.

C. If you didn't notice from some aforementioned facebook groups, there will be a plethora of douchebags in section B this year.
To avoid being surrounded by freshman facetimers, you might want to consider another section this year

D. You're not going to be able to trade your ticket number with one near your friends.
Let's face it, all of us will be sitting alone this year, so enjoy wherever you are, and make nicey nice with the people you were smushed against as you fell through the Lynah entrance

This must happen, so as self-proclaimed "Faithful" it is your job to make it happen.

Be proud of your traditions, make things right, and bring the bell back to B.

Re: STOP THE MADNESS: Bring the Bell Back to B
Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 27, 2005 07:28PM

Ari not in "B" is like Christmas without Santa

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 27, 2005 07:29PM

With all due respect...while I think Ari should do his best to get to where he wants to be sectionwise, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the cowbell on the D-E-F-G side, if only because there are more students there rather than on the A-B side. B supposedly won't be full of the hardcore people as it has usually been in the past (though that is debateable, and only verifiable with time), so logically, the cowbell doesn't have to be in or near B in order to reach the most people who would appreciate it. But, if Ari wants to be in B, then he should try to get into B.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (209.2.88.---)
Date: September 27, 2005 08:27PM

Chris and others, I very much appreciate the support. I love B/A and really hope an act from above will get me back there. I actually got a lot of good cowbell practice in over the summer so I'm feeling pretty confident coming into my second season after a bit of a bumpy first year. Hopefully I'll make my way into the A-B range although I think it is a good point that there are more students over in the D-E-F-G sections. I was with Chris for the whole procedure and it is a good example of what went wrong when we were with each other and he got a number in the 200's and I got one in the 500's. It was just absolute mayhem where anything could have happened but I am honestly very relieved to get a decent number and actually to even get a number with all the people who didnt. Anyways, I've been sending out emails all day to potential traders but no luck yet. At least I'll be able to sit with my friends at away games!
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2005 08:31PM by calgARI '07.

Posted by: sen '08 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 27, 2005 08:41PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

I was with Chris for the whole procedure and it is a good example of what went wrong when we were with each other and he got a number in the 200's and I got one in the 500's.[/q]

Not to be mean...but why don't you just swap numbers (or tickets) with Chris?

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 27, 2005 08:56PM

Seeing as how I am a senior and friends with Ari, we're hoping it wont have to come to that, but it is an option... thanks for the support screwy
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2005 09:15PM by CM cWo 44.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 27, 2005 09:27PM

Ari not in B is like a bowling ball without a liquid center!

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Facetimer (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 27, 2005 10:11PM

Hey Ari:

laugh HAHAHAHAHAHAHA laugh

Maybe if you didn't cut the line as a freshman and get into B then, the hockey gods wouldn't be punishing you now.

I submit, ladies and gentlemen, that if Ari and his friends were not facetimers as they so deny, they would gladly take the best possible hockey viewing seat available and stop caring about sitting in B or A.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 27, 2005 10:39PM

Does it really matter where the cowbell is?

It would probably even be better having it on the east side of Section C for reasons mentioned already on the forum. And additionally, everyone in D-E-F-G could then come on eLynah and tell everyone in sections A and B that they can't clap and cheer correctly when they get off tempo with an inaudible cowbell. screwy

I do like the point made in one of the other threads, that having diehards spread amonst all sections, and maybe even the cowbell on the East end, combined with a strong band leading the cheers on the A-B side might be a great thing for Lynah long-term.

Who knows...

Posted by: canuck65 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 28, 2005 12:01AM

I think everybody needs to stop directing their anger towards section B. I though this procedure was bullshit, however, I am certainly NOT a facetimer and managed to get into B (By pure luck, I admit). However, that does not mean that B is full of facetimers. Wise up, the whole student section will be full of them due to this dumbass procedure.

Posted by: sen '08 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 28, 2005 01:16AM

Thank you!

I've been waiting for someone to point that out, I am also like you...don't know why I didn't say it.... screwy

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: September 28, 2005 12:55PM

The cowbell being somewhere other than section B is like....

1979, when there were two cowbells, one of which was in D and the other of which, I believe, was in C.

or

1981, when they had the cowbell band which usually played once between C and D (or D and E?) and the other time on the townie side of the rink at center ice (between L and M?)

The cowbell doesn't need to be in B. The key is for Ari to find an appropriate lull in the fan action and rouse the faithful. He can do that from anywhere in Lynah.

And if your comment is "but that's tradition" all I can say is get over it. Many things done at Lynah today are different than when I was a student, and they'll change more times again by the time you're a 25th year reunion attendee. The only tradition is for the Faithful to support the team better than any other school.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (206.254.3.---)
Date: September 28, 2005 04:48PM

[Q]CM cWo 44 Wrote:

Seeing as how I am a senior and friends with Ari, we're hoping it wont have to come to that, but it is an option... thanks for the support[/q]

It does make you look just a bit hypocritical to proclaim that Ari "must" get a section B seat "at all costs" and tell everyone else it's their "job" when you could just do it yourself. Basically what you're really telling people is that it's their duty to give up their line number so you can be in Section B with Ari. rolleyes

Not to mention, as others have said, that it's not the end of the world if the cowbell ends up at the other end of the rink. Given sufficient coordination with the band it could actually lead to a better distribution of spirit and activity among the Faithful.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Steve M (---.fluor.com)
Date: September 29, 2005 03:31PM

I agree Jeff. Section D is actually a better location since it's more centrally located to the student section. What I would like to see is a switch of the ends at which Cornell shoots for two periods, like it used to be. It would make Ari happy and a lot more fans would see Cornell scoring goals close up for two periods, and have the opportunity to abuse the visiting goalies more.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (209.2.88.---)
Date: September 29, 2005 03:39PM

I traded for a pretty low number so it looks like I'll be in B again. I think the feedback regarding the bell location is important and I will certainly keep it in mind. It would be a good idea to do one of the two bells a game over in the D-E-F area if the ushers would let me.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 01, 2005 12:32PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

I traded for a pretty low number so it looks like I'll be in B again. I think the feedback regarding the bell location is important and I will certainly keep it in mind. It would be a good idea to do one of the two bells a game over in the D-E-F area if the ushers would let me.[/q]

Probably not hard to do. Meet a friend with a D ticket near the hot dog stand and borrow his ticket. Bang the cowbell in D. Give the ticket back. Repeat as necessary for the season.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: October 01, 2005 01:39PM

Well, considering he's the guy with the cowbell, he should be able I'd think to walk into D, I doubt anyone would stop him.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 01, 2005 02:01PM

[Q]French Rage Wrote:

Well, considering he's the guy with the cowbell, he should be able I'd think to walk into D, I doubt anyone would stop him.[/q]

French Rage, meet Lynah ushers... Lynah ushers, French

Posted by: Pace (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 01, 2005 06:40PM

Yep, you'd pretty much have to smack them with the cowbell to get into a section without the ticket.

Posted by: A-19 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 01, 2005 08:09PM

least it's better than minnesota...

Posted by: hrs2 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 01, 2005 08:12PM

does anyone know what line # theyre on?

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: October 01, 2005 09:09PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

French Rage Wrote:

Well, considering he's the guy with the cowbell, he should be able I'd think to walk into D, I doubt anyone would stop him.[/Q]
French Rage, meet Lynah ushers... Lynah ushers, French[/q]

Nah, you can sweet talk Earl.

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 02, 2005 01:05PM

No cowbells, signs, or cheering...unless you're a Gopher.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2005 08:29AM

[Q]Ack Wrote:
No cowbells, signs, or cheering...unless you're a Gopher.[/q]... in which case, even bastardized versions of the American flag are OK.

Posted by: RichH (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: October 03, 2005 11:16AM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

Ack Wrote:
No cowbells, signs, or cheering...unless you're a Gopher.[/Q]
... in which case, even bastardized versions of the American flag are OK.[/q]

worn as a cape.

Re: Stock up on cowbells
Posted by: Rita (---.resnet.purdue.edu)
Date: October 12, 2005 12:17AM

in perusing my favorite catalog for novelty toys (planning toddler b-day parties & stocking stuffers), I saw metal cowbells. they are small (3 inches), come in RED, and should be easy to smuggle into hostile confines. and for only $14.95 per dozen, cheap enough to lose a few to over-zealous ushers.

probably won't make a lot of noise (remember kid toys), but if anyone is interested:
www.orientaltrading.com cat # xj-52/115.

I think my nephew might have a few cowbells in his christmas stocking.......

Rita

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login