Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

[OT] "Scouts?"

Posted by Trotsky 
[OT] "Scouts?"
Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: October 08, 2005 09:17PM

During the Caps-Thrashers game tonight, a fight broke out in the third period which the linesmen made absolutely no effort to break up. From the hooting from the stands, I think this might be NHL policy: give the people what they want. Has anybody noticed a similar 1970ishness among the on-ice officials in other games?

Re: [OT] "Scouts?"
Posted by: mjh89 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 09, 2005 01:50PM

The linesmen never tried to break a fight up, until 1.) The players fall to the ice, or 2.) The players wear themselves out and basically stop fighting.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: October 09, 2005 11:45PM

[Q]mjh89 Wrote:

The linesmen never tried to break a fight up, until 1.) The players fall to the ice, or 2.) The players wear themselves out and basically stop fighting.[/q]

Ah, yes the wink-wink, nudge-nudge attitude towards fighting in North American pro hockey. So glad to be a college hockey fan.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: October 10, 2005 10:56AM

[Q]mjh89 Wrote:
The linesmen never tried to break a fight up, until 1.) The players fall to the ice, or 2.) The players wear themselves out and basically stop fighting.[/q]

Um, yeah, I've been watching hockey for thirty years, but thanks.

Lets try this again.

The players fell to the ice. No intervention. They got up, fell over again, and rolled around, skates flashing in the bright lights of linesman indifference. The officials ordered from Subway. The players separated, returned to their benches, and launched tactical nuclear weapons by remote control. The linesmen had a poignant tryst on the banks of the Seine, but ultimately were worn down by the burdens of the human condition.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: October 10, 2005 11:18AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:
Lets try this again.
The players fell to the ice. No intervention. They got up, fell over again, and rolled around, skates flashing in the bright lights of linesman indifference. The officials ordered from Subway. The players separated, returned to their benches, and launched tactical nuclear weapons by remote control. The linesmen had a poignant tryst on the banks of the Seine, but ultimately were worn down by the burdens of the human condition.[/q]
Wow!!! All that during a hockey game ... AMAZING!popcorn

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 10, 2005 11:23AM

[Q]ben03 Wrote:

Trotsky Wrote:
Lets try this again.
The players fell to the ice. No intervention. They got up, fell over again, and rolled around, skates flashing in the bright lights of linesman indifference. The officials ordered from Subway. The players separated, returned to their benches, and launched tactical nuclear weapons by remote control. The linesmen had a poignant tryst on the banks of the Seine, but ultimately were worn down by the burdens of the human condition.[/Q]
Wow!!! All that during a hockey game ... AMAZING![/q]
Right. Sounds like the NHL is finally getting its act together. nut

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: October 10, 2005 12:40PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

The players fell to the ice. No intervention. They got up, fell over again, and rolled around, skates flashing in the bright lights of linesman indifference. The officials ordered from Subway. The players separated, returned to their benches, and launched tactical nuclear weapons by remote control. The linesmen had a poignant tryst on the banks of the Seine, but ultimately were worn down by the burdens of the human condition.[/q]

And I always thought the fighting was pointless...that's why I love this board. B-]

Red v. White...

Posted by: mjh89 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 10, 2005 07:41PM

[Q]
Um, yeah, I've been watching hockey for thirty years, but thanks.

Lets try this again.

Sorry, man. Didn't mean to insult your intelligence. I just didn't know you were an expert.

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 11, 2005 01:55PM

[Q]mjh89 Wrote:
Sorry, man. Didn't mean to insult your intelligence. I just didn't know you were an expert.
[/q]

Don't know if you are being snarky...because the funny thing is, I do consider him an expert. The "man" loves hockey.

[www.tbrw.info]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: October 11, 2005 06:35PM

OTOH, I was definitely being snarky. ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login