Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Photos from last night

Posted by ORgrad 
Photos from last night
Posted by: ORgrad (---.orie.cornell.edu)
Date: September 27, 2005 09:05AM

There's one on the cover of the sun... Anybody else have some pictures of the chaos that they'd be willing to post/share?

Re: Photos from last night
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: September 27, 2005 09:25AM

Here's the online version of the picture and blurb:
[cornelldailysun.com]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 27, 2005 11:44PM

It would be "nice" to have a little visual account of the hordes. Coming from BioTech, just before getting to the stairs outside section A, someone had a bright idea of running into the zamboni doors. Like wild beasts evading a predator, a hundred kids changed direction and also tried running through the bottom of Lynah. I'd like to see the progression of people as the whole night went on.

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 27, 2005 11:50PM

i was one of the people who ran through the zamboni doors....NO IDEA what was I thinking, specially since i've entered through section A doors for 2 years. I ended up running all the way through lynah, then through bartels, exitting where the ticket office was, around the side of bartels + lynah, and then finally made it to the very bottom of the stairs where I ended up in the 1300's. My friend who ran correctly ended up in the 800's, so I guess thats where I would of been without my faux pas

Posted by: canuck55 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 27, 2005 11:55PM

hahaha.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: September 28, 2005 11:40AM

[www.theithacajournal.com]

Posted by: G-Unit (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 28, 2005 12:22PM

“The procedures have been adjusted and readjusted,” said Simeon Moss, a Cornell spokesman. “The changes for this year were made in concert with the Student Assembly, Cornell Faculty Committee on Athletics and Physical Education, Cornell Police and other ticket holders and patrons that they get advice and feedback from.

“It's pretty clear this policy isn't the way to go, and I think they're going to address it.”

Oh well. See ya next year. twitch

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: September 28, 2005 01:37PM

Anyone care to pull up articles about those meetings with the SA, etc... didn't they reject and ignore about half the suggestions, most importantly actual control of the line.

Posted by: munronics (128.253.239.---)
Date: September 28, 2005 02:43PM

Kudos to the kid that is giving the photographer the finger in that mob shot.

I would have done the same thing if I wasn't all the way at the bottom of the stairs getting manhandled by CUPD.

This reminds me of 2001 when there was a reasonably peaceful line and then at 5:30 AM the back of the line decided to charge the front of the line, smashing people into a door to the Ramin room. I was crammed against the COE canoe racks for about half an hour. That year it was just a bunch of jerks that caused the mob, this year Athletics guaranteed that it would happen.

Bring back seniority and matriculation date. The longer you've been at Corn-hell the more you deserve to have good hockey tickets. Athletics can still make people wait overnight and waste a Saturday to show their "loyalty", although that really has no influence on whether or not people are going to show up late to the games.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (128.84.198.---)
Date: September 28, 2005 02:52PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Anyone care to pull up articles about those meetings with the SA, etc... didn't they reject and ignore about half the suggestions, most importantly actual control of the line.[/q]

I was at that SA meeting two years ago and the handful of people there agreed on the current procedure of the last two years. Of course, it was highly recommended by me specifically last year that it be done in an open area somewhere that is away from the people waiting and in a very non-obvious location so that people can just filter through getting numbers. Any use of a door way makes the situation a disaster considering 2000 people are trying to get through that door way. If the doors opened immediately after the annoucement was made and there were police and officials there right away along with rope and other objects to really coordinarte a line, the problems would have been reduced a great deal. The fact that the doors remained closed for five minutes or so after the announcement indicates absolute idiocy on the part of Nighman and co. Regardless, it should have been done in a location similar to last year's. Although there were problems and complaints with last year's, I thought it was superior in so many ways to this year, most notably the most dedicated fans got there first.
They could have avoided a ton of problems by just doing it Saturday night when there was only about 200 of us on campus awaiting an announcement. Then the truly dedicated people would have gotten the best numbers. Instead, a ton of people who didn't wait out Saturday or even Sunday got good numbers.

Posted by: JimHyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 28, 2005 05:36PM

[Q]munronics Wrote:

Kudos to the kid that is giving the photographer the finger in that mob shot.

I would have done the same thing if I wasn't all the way at the bottom of the stairs getting manhandled by CUPD.[/q]Any reason why? Certainly you don't blame the photographer for the problem. In fact, having them there and pictures taken only reinforces what the problem was. So I'd hope that those of you who did, might at least say a quiet "oops", or even "I'm sorry" to the photographer.:-)

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 28, 2005 05:51PM

As a tangent off that, I would like to send special props to the others who were out on Saturday, not only for giving up their Saturday night, but for bearing with the WVBR radio lineup that night, which featured absolutely ridiculous music, and clearly drug-induced commentary from the live artists.

"I write songs about my room, and ghosts, and sandwiches"
-Crazy folk singer on the VBR

smashfreak

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 28, 2005 05:54PM

[Q]CM cWo 44 Wrote:

As a tangent off that, I would like to send special props to the others who were out on Saturday, not only for giving up their Saturday night, but for bearing with the WVBR radio lineup that night, which featured absolutely ridiculous music, and clearly drug-induced commentary from the live artists.

"I write songs about my room, and ghosts, and sandwiches"
-Crazy folk singer on the VBR

[/q]

haha....that is one of my friends' ex-gf's. fortunately he wasnt with us waiting on the car that night....he was in the studio with a radio waiting so he couldnt hear our comments :P

Posted by: Lenny (---.gleeclub.cornell.edu)
Date: September 28, 2005 05:55PM

Sunday night wasn't much better: "The Grateful Dead Hour?" Only in Ithaca...

Posted by: Pace (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 28, 2005 05:58PM

"Dirty Hippies"

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 28, 2005 08:30PM

I couldn't agree more. I was praying that it would be Saturday for this very reason and then ended up not getting tickets at all. To think, all of my senior friends and I who have had tickets for three years were really excited about our last year of Cornell hockey. Oh well.

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 28, 2005 10:10PM

Greatful Dead hour was hillarious.... that song began at 11, and didn't end until way after 11:30. We should have gone home once they said the title of the show, even though it started 1/2 hour before the line announcement allotment time was finished, it's the frickin Dead.

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: September 28, 2005 11:06PM

and Burlington, VT

Posted by: Robb (---.losaca.adelphia.net)
Date: September 28, 2005 11:47PM

dude, that sucks. You've been one of the most loyal posters around. Hope you're able to scrounge tickets frequently enough to remain faithful. Heck, I'm still here and I only see between 4 and 8 games per year...

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 29, 2005 12:01AM

Haha, thanks man, what can you do. I didn't think they'd be stupid enough to do it around athletics with a thousand people waiting there, so my group was up in the Bailey parking lot. Our mistake. Oh well, here's to road games.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: September 29, 2005 01:11AM

and Berkeley, CA

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: September 29, 2005 01:17AM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

and Berkeley, CA[/q]

Yeah but that's a second rate Bay Area school so of course.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: September 29, 2005 10:18AM

[Q] Sunday night wasn't much better: "The Grateful Dead Hour?" Only in Ithaca...[/Q]

...and one or two other places

[www.gdhour.com]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: September 29, 2005 01:25PM

Fort Bragg?

OK, that's weird.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: October 02, 2005 08:08PM

Ft. Bragg is the next Mendocino. :-P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login