Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

How big a loss is Shane?

Posted by ithacat 
How big a loss is Shane?
Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: August 19, 2005 12:23PM

I'm happy for him, but it hurts so late in the year. He would have been a huge part of this team.

Re: How big a loss is Shane?
Posted by: Jerseygirl (209.191.246.---)
Date: August 19, 2005 12:25PM

[cornellbigred.collegesports.com]

...is the story to which 'cat is referring. But I am sure you could have guessed it was something like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2005 12:26PM by Jerseygirl.

Captains
Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: August 19, 2005 12:34PM

From the "let's think of small things to avoid thinking about this loss" department, does the team pick another assistant captain or just stick with Moulson and Gleed?

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: August 19, 2005 12:35PM

Ouch.

Re: Captains
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hyatsv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: August 19, 2005 12:36PM

I think after the 03-04 year, we'd want more then 2. I hope they bring some one else up.

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: August 19, 2005 12:39PM

[Q]Jerseygirl Wrote:

...is the story to which 'cat is referring. But I am sure you could have guessed it was something like that.[/q]

Thanks. I was in such a hurry (and a bit depressed) I forgot to attach the link.

Posted by: redice (---.usadatanet.net)
Date: August 19, 2005 12:45PM

Shit!!!!! Now we have to hope that Raymond Sawada is ready to take his game to the next level. If so, he will slide into that first line nicely (leaving a hole on one of the other lines, of course).

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: August 19, 2005 12:52PM

[Q]Ben Rocky 04 Wrote:

I think after the 03-04 year, we'd want more then 2. I hope they bring some one else up.[/q]

Help me out, Ben, and explain why?

And, um, yay for Shane, I guess, but this sucks.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hyatsv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: August 19, 2005 01:03PM

During my senior year, Vesce was injured for most of the year and that left Wallace to be our only captain on the ice. By the time of the Colgate weekend, he was skating with two broken hands. I'd prefer to have three I guess.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: August 19, 2005 01:21PM

Sending guys on to the next level helps Coach recruit the next Shane, he rationalized.

If Cornell establishes themselves as a consistent top echelon program, this will happen more and more. I'll endure the symptom if that's the disease.

Date: August 19, 2005 01:22PM

[q]And, um, yay for Shane, I guess, but this sucks.[/q]Speaking purely as a selfish Cornell fan here, couldn't the NHL (or at least the Ducks) have stayed on strike for a while longer? :-/

Posted by: Lauren '06 (132.236.80.---)
Date: August 19, 2005 01:26PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

And, um, yay for Shane, I guess, but this sucks.[/Q]
Speaking purely as a selfish Cornell fan here, couldn't the NHL (or at least the Ducks) have stayed on strike for a while longer? [/q]
Aw man, back in the day [new Anaheim GM] Brian Burke was all about the patience. Now we get this. Sigh. :`(

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: August 19, 2005 01:31PM

Ahh...thanks, Ben. I guess I didn't realize Wallace was injured as well. Agreed anyway, though, three is better than two.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.dfafunds.com)
Date: August 19, 2005 01:49PM

This definitely sucks, and I think he was going to have a huge year next year. That said, we seem to be deep at right wing, so I'd rather lose a winger than a defenseman or, god forbid, a goaltender.

Sawada, Scott, Bitz, Carefoot, Connors all play/can play on the right side. Clearly Hynes will be sorely missed, but i'd rather see him leave than McKee.

Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 19, 2005 02:45PM

I wish Shane the best of luck but I would have liked to see him one more year. So, the best powerplay unit in the country is now missing two pieces from last year. Do you think Coach will completely change the powerplay unit now. The two missing pieces will probably ruin the chemistry they had going. I think the loss of Hynes will hurt us more than most people think!

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: August 19, 2005 06:46PM

Well, he always played like he had one foot out the door, so this makes it official.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: August 19, 2005 08:28PM

[Q]French Rage Wrote:

Well, he always played like he had one foot out the door, so this makes it official.[/q]

Wha--?

No problem
Posted by: MNetravali (216.170.107.---)
Date: August 19, 2005 09:09PM

No sweat. We won't miss a beat. This just gives one of the young guys a chance to step in and step up. We'll still win the league fairly easily and make a run at the NCAA title.

This is the type of problem we WANT to have. It reflects well on our program. We want to be known as the Ivy school that can put players regularly in the NHL. Pokuluk being drafted in the 1st round and Hynes leaving show that we are up there with the elite programs.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 20, 2005 12:01AM

[Q]French Rage Wrote:

Well, he always played like he had one foot out the door, so this makes it official.[/q]

I never saw that myself personally. Did he talk about it much in the past?

Posted by: Steve M (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: August 20, 2005 04:05AM

When I met Shane after the ECAC QFs on the ice in March, I told him I was a Ducks fan from California and couldn't wait to see him play in Anaheim. I forgot to say "after you win a National Championship in your senior year." twitch Congratulations to Shane on getting a good contract and I hope he works his way through the minors up to the NHL quickly so I can see him play live. It will be great to have a Cornellian on the Ducks, but it's too bad he couldn't have waited one more year. I can't blame him, just like I couldn't blame Lenny for going for a great opportunity. I agree with others who have said that Schafer's recruiting job will be easier as more of his players sign NHL contracts.

Posted by: min (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: August 20, 2005 07:15AM

with hynes leaving, is the team now down a player? can/will the coach fill the open spot with another prospect before the season begins? if so, any idea who might that be?

Re: No problem
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: August 20, 2005 01:21PM

[Q]MNetravali Wrote:
We'll still win the league fairly easily and make a run at the NCAA title.
[/q]

DO NOT TEMPT THE HOCKEY GODS!!! :-( :-(

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: August 20, 2005 01:39PM

[q]I forgot to say "after you win a National Championship in your senior year."[/q]So it's YOUR FAULT! If you'd just told him to stay...

IAYF! IAYF! IAYF!

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: August 20, 2005 01:43PM

[Q] with hynes leaving, is the team now down a player? can/will the coach fill the open spot with another prospect before the season begins? if so, any idea who might that be? [/q]I'd be surprised if Schafer picked up anyone to replace Hynes at this point. It's pretty late in the process - school starts next week, right? Besides, the team still has 14 forwards on the roster, 2 more than will dress on any given night. This doesn't provoke a crisis of manpower (like a goalie leaving right before the season might) so there's no reason to coerce someone to coming early.

Date: August 20, 2005 03:22PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

with hynes leaving, is the team now down a player? can/will the coach fill the open spot with another prospect before the season begins? if so, any idea who might that be? [/Q]
I'd be surprised if Schafer picked up anyone to replace Hynes at this point. It's pretty late in the process - school starts next week, right? Besides, the team still has 14 forwards on the roster, 2 more than will dress on any given night. This doesn't provoke a crisis of manpower (like a goalie leaving right before the season might) so there's no reason to coerce someone to coming early.

[/q]

Also, since we're a non-scholarship school, it's not like Shane's departure frees up another scholarship.

Re: No problem
Date: August 20, 2005 05:55PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

DO NOT TEMPT THE HOCKEY GODS!!![/q]

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball."

Posted by: Bio '04 (---.rh.psu.edu)
Date: August 20, 2005 06:47PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:
I'd be surprised if Schafer picked up anyone to replace Hynes at this point. It's pretty late in the process - school starts next week, right? Besides, the team still has 14 forwards on the roster, 2 more than will dress on any given night. This doesn't provoke a crisis of manpower (like a goalie leaving right before the season might) so there's no reason to coerce someone to coming early.
[/q]

Can McLeod or McKeown rejoin the team (of course depending on the reason why they left)?

Date: August 20, 2005 11:13PM

I knew that was coming. I guess I have to accept responsibility. ;-)

Posted by: jas27 (66.9.198.---)
Date: August 21, 2005 02:04PM

Couldn't find a link to a very interesting article on this topic in today's Boston Globe. A few tidbits...

"The collective bargaining agreement mandates that college players, if unsigned by Aug. 15 of their graduation year, are rendered unrestricted free agents. With that kind of leverage looming out there, NHL clubs, rather than getting backed into a negotiation corner with 22 and 23 year olds, will be far more motivated to turn kids pro a year or two ahead of that strike date.

"No question, they'll be coming at them earlier", said local agent Matt Keator, on of many who believed the rolled back salaries would benefit everyone..."The NHL clubs just won't want to be backed up against the deadline, and you'll see kids turning pro before they're ready -- ready in terms of their game, or just ready in life in general

Bruins GM Mike O'Connell, realizing that he'll be doing business differently said he called BC coach Jerry York and BU coach Jack Parker, essentially out of courtesy to explain what could play out in years. to come....our preference has been to leave the kids in school, let them develop, let the schools benefit from their staying there. "Now the CBA really forces us to take them out early. It's no the way we've preferred to do business but we're all learning here. It's a whole new system. Some of it good, some of it not so good.

~~~~~
Sounds like we'll be seeing even more of this down the road. I wonder what a NHL 3rd liner, let's say a Marty Reasoner, for example would say? Was it 'worth' it to leave the college game for a 'jump' at the AHL and a checking role in the NHL, or looking back would he stay at BC for a run at championship, and the pure enjoyment of college (stress on the non-college-hockey benefits as well)?

Date: August 21, 2005 03:34PM

Wonder what Red Berenson has to say about this...

Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 21, 2005 07:26PM

Here is an article out of the Ithaca Journal that quotes Schafer saying that he had no knowledge of Shanes signing until he told them a couple of days after he signed. Shane also talks about some of the conversations he has had with the Ducks.

[www.ithacajournal.com]

Posted by: jas27 (66.9.198.---)
Date: August 21, 2005 08:31PM

Here's the link to the article I was referring to in my earlier post. It's about 2/3 of the way down.

[www.boston.com]

Date: August 21, 2005 11:53PM

[Q]jas27 Wrote:

Sounds like we'll be seeing even more of this down the road. I wonder what a NHL 3rd liner, let's say a Marty Reasoner, for example would say? Was it 'worth' it to leave the college game for a 'jump' at the AHL and a checking role in the NHL, or looking back would he stay at BC for a run at championship, and the pure enjoyment of college (stress on the non-college-hockey benefits as well)? [/q]

I've been wondering the same thing myself. With Getzlaf, Corey Perry, Chris Kunitz, and the #2 pick of this year's draft, Bobby Ryan, the Ducks are stacked with young talent at the forward position. So Hynes, unfortunately, may be spending a lot of time in Portland before he makes it to the NHL for more than a game or two at a time. I think it could help him financially if he does make it at as an NHL player because he gets the 3 year entry contract done a year sooner. If I were in his shoes, I'd much rather be an impact player on the Big Red with a good shot at a national title next year than playing for the Portland Pirates of the AHL, but I haven't spent the countless hours he has training to get himself in a position to achieve a life long dream.

Anyway, these quotes aren't surprising and I wish the best for him:
“I have mixed feelings, but I think it is the right path for me to take at this time,” said Hynes.

“This was probably the toughest thing I ever had to do in my life,” he added. “It has been the best three years of my life (at Cornell). I plan to keep close ties with the players, the coaches, the program.”

Date: August 22, 2005 12:04AM

Good article. Thanks for the link.

Posted by: ninian '72 (---.ed.gov)
Date: August 22, 2005 12:17PM

Red's disappointed about it but seems to accept this will be SOP for the immediate future:

[www.mlive.com]

Date: August 22, 2005 06:51PM

I wonder if this will affect the balance of power in the NCAA in any way? Do Michigan, Minny, etc. have to recruit more if the mid range talent because their blue cippers leave early? Or maybe removing some of the blue chip talent from the college game reduces the gap between top and bottom? In the short term (this year and maybe next) it probably hurts some of the better teams because of unexpected, late departures like Hynes and Tambellini. But I don't know about longer term. Thoughts?

Posted by: David Harding (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: August 22, 2005 11:23PM

I distinctly remember (though perhaps incorrectly) an interview during his freshman year when he said something to the effect that college hockey was great, you spend a couple of years taking your game to the next level, then you turn pro. It certainly sounded to me then as though he didn't think of Cornell as a four-year commitment.

Date: August 22, 2005 11:53PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

I wonder if this will affect the balance of power in the NCAA in any way? Do Michigan, Minny, etc. have to recruit more if the mid range talent because their blue cippers leave early? Or maybe removing some of the blue chip talent from the college game reduces the gap between top and bottom? In the short term (this year and maybe next) it probably hurts some of the better teams because of unexpected, late departures like Hynes and Tambellini. But I don't know about longer term. Thoughts?[/q]

Compare college hoops. As first junior, then sophomore, and now even freshman defections have become progessively more common, how has it affected the Usual Suspects? It doesn't seem to have produced any great leveling. The most significant effect seems to be more turnover between the top 10% and the next 10%, as programs cycle between the tiers. I heard an interview with Roy Williams on the John Thompson Show today in which he opined that the major change in hoops has been that you now plan to recruit on a 2- rather than 4-year cycle for each position player.

Let's hope that the same reasons that induce a player to come to an Ivy rather than a Jock Factory will also work to decrease the likelihood of those players moving on as quickly.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: August 23, 2005 06:45AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

Let's hope that the same reasons that induce a player to come to an Ivy rather than a Jock Factory will also work to decrease the likelihood of those players moving on as quickly.[/q] Greg,

I have no doubt that a hockey player at an Ivy will be less likely to turn pro than a player of equal hockey-talent at a Jock School. Those who do turn pro will turn pro later than those at the Jock School. Be that as it may, there will be some players who will turn pro early at any school that can attract pro-caliber hockey players. The question is, does one want a Leneveu or a Hynes who turns pro early rather than one of lesser talent who stays for four years? I suspect that I know the answer. :-)

Another question is will Hynes be motivated enough to complete his degree at Cornell (or elsewhere) over summers?

Date: August 23, 2005 11:39AM

Well, if this does create more turn over between the top 10% and the next 10% in college hockey I think it may well be a good thing.

Posted by: ninian '72 (---.ed.gov)
Date: August 23, 2005 11:45AM

It may also work the opposite way, in that blue-chippers see committing to top-ranked teams that lose players to the pros early as a fast track to the NHL. Rather than having to recruit lesser players to stabilize the program, these teams may be better able to recruit more of these short-timers. What this does to team chemistry is another question. It may make it more difficult to build a system and develop players within that mold, if they're not around very long and if their focus is on what they need to do to get beyond their college experience.

I know Berenson hates it when he loses players early, but he'll work with his better players in evaluating when they're ready to leave. He's not on good terms with several former players who bolted early without keeping him in the loop.

Posted by: profudge (---.ct.us.ibm.com)
Date: August 23, 2005 01:55PM

Patrick Eaves left BC to sign a contract before his senior year - see: TSN.ca [Q]22-Aug-05: Signed by the Ottawa Senators to a three-year, entry-level contract.[/Q]

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 23, 2005 05:54PM

that stinks for the team, but congrats to shane. Hope he learns the flying V (j/k nut ) . a day after my wife and I were talking about college athletes leaving early...

Posted by: profudge (---.ct.us.ibm.com)
Date: August 25, 2005 12:32PM

Also Maine goalie Jimmy Howard has signed a professional contract with the Detroit Red Wings and will not return for his senior season. see USCHO

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 26, 2005 01:16AM

With Shane's departure, the team has voted and the new assistant captain will be Chris Abbott: [www.cornellsun.com]

Re: Jock schools
Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 31, 2005 05:47AM

Ralph,

Do you consider any of the ECAC schools to be "jock schools"?

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: August 31, 2005 06:49AM

[Q]Rich S Wrote:

Ralph,

Do you consider any of the ECAC schools to be "jock schools"?[/q] No. I don't think that any of the schools admit athletes who don't have a prayer of graduating. Whom are you thinking of?

Then again, I must admit that I know virtually nothing about the Fighting Deerticks.

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 31, 2005 07:33AM

[Q]ursaminor Wrote:

Rich S Wrote:

Ralph,

Do you consider any of the ECAC schools to be "jock schools"?[/Q]
No. I don't think that any of the schools admit athletes who don't have a prayer of graduating. Whom are you thinking of?

Then again, I must admit that I know virtually nothing about the Fighting Deerticks.[/q]

I didn't have any ECAC school in mind, was wondering if you did based on your previous comment. Frankly, from my experience I don't see a bit of difference between players leaving from the Ivy schools and those leaving the non-Ivies in the ECAC.

I don't even know who the Deerticks are.

:-D

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: August 31, 2005 08:48AM

[Q]Rich S Wrote:Do you consider any of the ECAC schools to be "jock schools"?[/q]For what it's worth, about 8 years ago Sports Illustrated published a list of what it termed the "Top 50 Jock Schools" in the country. Princeton came in at #10. Obviously some of the points they make to support this conclusion ("Princeton dominated the Ivy League in 1995-96 like no school before...";) are dated, but I suppose some of them still hold true.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: August 31, 2005 09:13AM

[Q]Rich S Wrote:
I don't even know who the Deerticks are.
[/q]

Quinnipiac, who, when they were searching for a new name, were temporarily coined the (Fighting) Deerticks in replace of the _______ . And it kinda stuck among certain groups.

Posted by: Robb (---.northgrum.com)
Date: August 31, 2005 10:57AM

...namely the USCHO message board and/or hockey-l crowds. Certainly not in any official places.

Date: August 31, 2005 11:04AM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:
Quinnipiac, who, when they were searching for a new name, were temporarily coined the (Fighting) Deerticks in replace of the _______ . And it kinda stuck among certain groups.[/q]

To many of us, they will forever be the Skating Deerticks, just as SLU are the Fighting Saints in other sports but the Skating Saints in hockey.

Date: August 31, 2005 11:42AM

[q]For what it's worth, about 8 years ago Sports Illustrated published a list of what it termed the "Top 50 Jock Schools" in the country. Princeton came in at #10. Obviously some of the points they make to support this conclusion ("Princeton dominated the Ivy League in 1995-96 like no school before...";) are dated, but I suppose some of them still hold true.[/q]Yeah, and I've been on teams that have dominated in slow pitch softball leagues. That didn't make us baseball powerhouses...

I guess it all depends on how you define "jock school". If it's a school that has many and varied varsity athletic programs that are successful then Princeton (and other Ivies as well) certainly qualify. If it means a school that admits lots of dumb jocks simply to do well in sports without caring how they do in classes then the Ivies and probably all of the ECAC don't qualify.

Date: August 31, 2005 12:39PM

Meanwhile, my wife just found a top ten list of schools where students do the least study. No, Brown did not make the list, but SUNY-Albany did. :-)

Posted by: ursusminor (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: August 31, 2005 04:48PM

Princeton's coaches may be trying to make it a jock school, but their admission office seems to be fighting this. There is a thread on USCHO that mentions that about half of the players who the hockey staff recruited for the entering class this fall were not admitted.

Date: August 31, 2005 05:05PM

[Q]Princeton's coaches may be trying to make it a jock school, but their admission office seems to be fighting this. There is a thread on USCHO that mentions that about half of the players who the hockey staff recruited for the entering class this fall were not admitted.[/q]
Wouldn't be a shock considering that Gadowsky came to Princeton after 5 years at UAf, which presumably has much less stringent admissions requirements than the folks at College of New Jersey do.

As much as I would prefer the Tigers to not be laughingstocks of college hockey that they have been for several years now, I hope the admission officers do hold the line.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (209.2.88.---)
Date: August 31, 2005 10:16PM

Princeton will be decent this year.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 01, 2005 09:28AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

Meanwhile, my wife just found a top ten list of schools where students do the least study. No, Brown did not make the list, but SUNY-Albany did. [/q]That's certainly what I observed (and lived) when I was at Albany.

Posted by: Will (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 01, 2005 11:26AM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

Princeton will be decent this year.[/q]

I'll believe it when I see it.

Date: September 01, 2005 12:17PM

I hope Princeton is decent. It's not that long ago that Princeton was pretty good and almost beat Michigan in the NCAA tournament. (OK, it's been seven years.) I just hope they get decent through recruiting that maintains their academic standards (and without impacting any of our recruiting :-)).

A math question
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: September 01, 2005 05:40PM

Is the amount of thread drift inversely proportional to the number of days before the season begins? I think it may be proportional to the square of the number of days.... nut

Re: A math question
Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 01, 2005 09:54PM

[Q]marty Wrote:

Is the amount of thread drift inversely proportional to the number of days before the season begins? I think it may be proportional to the square of the number of days....
[/q]What is a good place to eat after the game?

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: September 01, 2005 10:25PM

[Q]ugarte Wrote:

marty Wrote:

Is the amount of thread drift inversely proportional to the number of days before the season begins? I think it may be proportional to the square of the number of days....
[/Q]
What is a good place to eat after the game?[/q]

I already told you, Hong Kong.

Posted by: KP '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 02, 2005 08:16AM

[Q]French Rage Wrote:

ugarte Wrote:

marty Wrote:

[/Q]
What is a good place to eat after the game?[/Q]
I already told you, Hong Kong.[/q]

barf

(True story.)

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: September 02, 2005 02:29PM

[Q]French Rage Wrote:

ugarte Wrote:

marty Wrote:

[/Q]
I already told you, Hong Kong.[/q]

Where in Hong Kong??popcorn

Date: September 02, 2005 08:08PM

Scorpion bowls at the Hong Kong in Harvard Square. One of the alltime great hangover-generators.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 03, 2005 12:31PM

[Q]Rich S Wrote:

Ralph,

Do you consider any of the ECAC schools to be "jock schools"?[/q]
The posting by #5 on the web page linked below might give some insight into what is meant by "jock school."

[www.laxpower.com]

Date: September 03, 2005 04:41PM

[Q]marty Wrote:

French Rage Wrote:

ugarte Wrote:

marty Wrote:

[/Q]
I already told you, Hong Kong.[/Q]
Where in Hong Kong??[/q]

The "Hong Kong" restaurant in Collegetown.

Posted by: Jerseygirl (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: September 03, 2005 06:37PM

I hear the bathrooms there are great.

<crickets>

After a lot of drinks, one of the players was very intent on insisting to me that the bathrooms at Hong Kong were really outstanding. I mean, he spent a lot of time telling me this. Despite his rousing endorsement, I held on 'til I got home.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 04, 2005 09:55AM

[Q]marty Wrote:

[/q]

Did you do the math, yet?

Where is the countdown ticker? And, why can't we recruit a kid like Phil Kessel?:-P

Date: September 04, 2005 10:31PM

[Q]Jerseygirl Wrote:

I hear the bathrooms there are great.

<crickets>

After a lot of drinks, one of the players was very intent on insisting to me that the bathrooms at Hong Kong were really outstanding. I mean, he spent a lot of time telling me this. Despite his rousing endorsement, I held on 'til I got home.[/q]

Bathrooms plural? I remember just one.

Posted by: Jerseygirl (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: September 05, 2005 10:16AM

There may very well have been only one bathroom. I am quoting a drunken conversation I had 6 years ago. And I didn't make a habit of stopping in the place otherwise. I can't imagine the place being a palace of service, with ample bathrooms for the masses.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login