Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Good Places to Eat Post Game?

Posted by Brian 
Good Places to Eat Post Game?
Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 05, 2005 08:55AM

We need help in choosing good places to eat after the game. I ate at the Boatyard Grill yesterday and was totally turned off by the changes in their menu and the service that you get now. They now are vegetarian unfriendly, which I can't believe in Ithaca! They have also dramatically increased their prices all the way around, sizzling cookie--now $7.95 and the portions keep getting smaller. We waited for 50 minutes when we were told only a 40 minute wait. When we asked the waiter to ask the manager if he could do anything for a vegetarian, the manager would not even come to our table but he told the waiter to tell us that "we have salad." I'm not sure I really want to support a restaurant that has as one of it's owner's the tax evading former owner of Joe's restaurant anyways. Even the hockey team has stopped eating at the Boatyard, I didn't see them there at all last year.

As for other restaurant's, Roma's and Franco's are closed by the time the game ends. Places like Applebee's, get very old after awhile.

I can't believe their are very few places that remain open for the hockey fans considering I used to see fans eating at restaurants all the time after the games. I am very disappointed in the Ithaca restaurant owner's!!!!

We tend to like to eat at places that aren't that loud so we can talk about the game--we're Cornell hockey fanatics!

Re: Good Places to Eat Post Game?
Posted by: jnm45 (---.z208037239.nyc-ny.dsl.cnc.net)
Date: August 05, 2005 09:34AM

#1. chill out jackass

#2. lost dog cafe, simeons, moosewood rest., the nines, the chairiot, abc cafe, taste of thai, abc cafe, viva taqueria, mahogany grill, stellas, john thomas, zaza's, heights cafe and grill, rulloff's, benchwarmers, max's, aladdins, wings over ithaca, sinbad....you get the point...also, you can never go wrong with louie's lunch and mama t's

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: August 05, 2005 09:35AM

If I'm hungry after the game, I like to go to the Char--oh, crap. help

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: August 05, 2005 09:38AM

No, seriously, my usual MO is to eat before the game (although about half the time that was at the Chariot), with a possible trip to Hot Truck after last call.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.bc.yu.edu)
Date: August 05, 2005 09:47AM

"Jackass" was uncalled for, though I agree a "chill out" was in order.

There's also always Manos and the State St. Diner, though Manos is far more conducive to a group post-game discussion.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: August 05, 2005 09:50AM

1. Hot Truck
2. Nines
3. Benchwarmers
4. Ruloffs
5. Wings Over (fill in city here)

I'd go to John Thomas but I believe they now ask for your first born as a down payment.

Posted by: duffs4 (209.150.239.---)
Date: August 05, 2005 10:12AM

The Boat yard blows, I stopped going there over a year ago and don't miss it one bit. My new favorite place to eat before or after games is going to be the Buffalo Street BBQ(the old Bistro Q). I've been there a few times and it's great, it's also owned and run by Jeremy Downs' family.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: August 05, 2005 10:28AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

5. Wings Over (fill in city here)

[/q]

You are no longer able to fill in Ithaca as that city.

The owners broke the franchise and are now "Wingz."

I wish I was making this up, but I'm not.

Posted by: Josh '99 (160.79.182.---)
Date: August 05, 2005 10:59AM

[Q]duffs4 Wrote:

The Boat yard blows, I stopped going there over a year ago and don't miss it one bit. My new favorite place to eat before or after games is going to be the Buffalo Street BBQ(the old Bistro Q). I've been there a few times and it's great, it's also owned and run by Jeremy Downs' family. [/q]... which might explain why the team doesn't go to the Boatyard so much anymore?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bu.edu)
Date: August 05, 2005 01:57PM

[Q]Tub(a) Wrote:
You are no longer able to fill in Ithaca as that city.

The owners broke the franchise and are now "Wingz."[/q]

That sucks. The Wings Over site still lists them. You'd think they'd want to eliminate all form of address and phone number advertising for them quickly. So I assume the menu has changed. Just curious, as wings was my rare but enjoyable indulgance, but is the new version worse? Or just different?

As for Boatyard, that's a real shame too. I always enjoyed them. Very good portions for not cheap but reasonable prices. Of course they were always packed so I guess they figured they could afford to turn away some customers.

The only thing I think is way unfair is your 40 vs. 50 minutes complaint. We're dealing with customers, eating, doing whatever they want. To get an estimate of human behavior like that within 25% isn't bad at all. I suppose they should probably try to estimate up, to make you happy if it's quicker, but they can't be right a the time. Those things are very difficult to judge, and you never know when a handful of table will sit around with after dinner drinks for an extended period of time.

Finally, I'll add Maxie's supper club (full menu 'til midnight) if you don't mind seafood focused, Thai Cuisine (doors close at 11 I think, but you can stay about as late as you want if you get it), and Chili's (somehow that one just doesn't get old for me really, assuming it's only once a month or so).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2005 08:48PM by DeltaOne81.

Posted by: Jerseygirl (209.191.246.---)
Date: August 05, 2005 02:06PM

What's wrong with the popcorn at Dunbar's?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: August 05, 2005 02:09PM

[Q]Jerseygirl Wrote:

What's wrong with the popcorn at Dunbar's?[/q]

How much time do you have? :-P

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.royalusa.com)
Date: August 05, 2005 02:41PM

Nothin'. Unless you don't like hearing Brown Eyed Girl 4 or 5 times a night. Never bothered me.

Posted by: kaelistus (---.mak.com)
Date: August 05, 2005 03:22PM

Is the Chariot gone already? That's a tragedy if there has ever been one in Ithaca.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.ny5030.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 05, 2005 03:50PM

[Q]Jerseygirl Wrote:What's wrong with the popcorn at Dunbar's?[/q]

Let's just say... it's been around.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Jerseygirl (209.191.246.---)
Date: August 05, 2005 04:27PM

But Beeeej...hasn't everything in Dunbar's?

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: August 05, 2005 04:45PM

[Q]Jerseygirl Wrote:

But Beeeej...hasn't everything in Dunbar's?[/q]

Everything in Dunbar's had been around in 1979 when Dave bought the place. :-P

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: August 05, 2005 05:22PM

That's too bad about the BG. I haven't been there in months, but never had a complaint over prior experiences.

Complaining about an extra 10 minutes seems a bit unfair.

The Nines & Stella's would seem like good after game alternatives in CTown. Madeline's & Benchwarmers & Viva Taqueria would seem like good options on the Commons. There's also supposed to be a restaurant (or two) opening in the new Hilton on Seneca.

Date: August 05, 2005 05:24PM

[Q]duffs4 Wrote:

The Boat yard blows, I stopped going there over a year ago and don't miss it one bit. My new favorite place to eat before or after games is going to be the Buffalo Street BBQ(the old Bistro Q). I've been there a few times and it's great, it's also owned and run by Jeremy Downs' family. [/q]

Is that so? I'll have to check it out. I was hoping for a Dinosaur in that space, but this is cool.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: August 05, 2005 08:11PM

Wait wait wait. Are you saying WOI is gone or just renamed?

Posted by: Jerseygirl (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 05, 2005 08:53PM

I already freaked out, privately, to Tub(a) re: WOI. I have been assured that the Wingz are just as tasty.

Date: August 05, 2005 09:34PM

[Q]Jeff Hopkins '82 Wrote:

Everything in Dunbar's had been around in 1979 when Dave bought the place. [/q]

Actually, I think the crust of oil is in geologic strata dating back to then.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.ny5030.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 05, 2005 10:50PM

The Nines is too loud on Friday and Saturday nights for post-game discussion 'cause there are usually bands.

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: August 05, 2005 10:56PM

The Chariot closed in the middle of June.
[elf.elynah.com]

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 06, 2005 12:38AM

[Q]French Rage Wrote:

Wait wait wait. Are you saying WOI is gone or just renamed?[/q]

Renamed. The business is no longer part of the "Wings Over..." franchise. It is now completely independent. (Though I have yet to try them myself post-namechange.)

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: August 06, 2005 05:05AM

I have had wings, or Wingz (tm), or whatever, over Ithaca as recently as March, and they were fine (although they stop selling beer at a ridiculously early hour).
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2005 05:08AM by Trotsky.

Date: August 06, 2005 05:06AM

[Q]Jeff Hopkins '82 Wrote:
Everything in Dunbar's had been around in 1979 when Dave bought the place. [/q]

There is nothing wrong with trawling Dunbar's for...

...ah, fuck it, I'm married and covered for life.

Northeastern is a fine university.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: August 06, 2005 10:09AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:
I have had wings, or Wingz (tm), or whatever, over Ithaca as recently as March, and they were fine (although they stop selling beer at a ridiculously early hour).[/q]As does everyplace else in Ithaca.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 07, 2005 08:16PM

[Q]Jerseygirl Wrote:

I already freaked out, privately, to Tub(a) re: WOI. I have been assured that the Wingz are just as tasty.[/q]

I have just returned from a trip to move into my third collegetown house in as many years. We were indeed shocked to see the name change, but the "Wingz" were just as tasty and artery-clogging as ever. Fear not faithful.

Date: August 07, 2005 08:18PM

[Q]BCrespi Wrote:

"Wingz" were just as tasty and artery-clogging as ever. Fear not faithful.[/q]

Mmm...artery-clogging...

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 07, 2005 08:22PM

I will absolutely second Maxie's. It's probably my favorite restaurant in Ithaca. As a dedicated carnivore, I don't know much about their vegetarian options. However, it is a definitely a somewhat, I don't want to say trendy, but I'd say the atmosphere leans towards the youthful, liberal, somewhat sophisticated character of the city, so I'd expect they'd have some good choices. The wine list is pretty extensive if I recall correctly as is their beer selection. They do have live music, but it is certainly not every weekend night, and I think limited to mostly Sundays. Enjoy.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 07, 2005 09:19PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

The Nines is too loud on Friday and Saturday nights for post-game discussion 'cause there are usually bands.

Beeeej[/q]

Good point.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: August 09, 2005 12:09PM

[Q]jnm45 Wrote:
you can never go wrong with ... mama t's [/q]
Clearly a typo. What you meant to say was "always" I'm sure.

Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 09, 2005 04:44PM

So how would people rate the places mentioned above, here is what I got:

Ruloff's
Buffalo Street BBQ
Lost Dog Cafe
Simeons
Moosewood
ABC Cafe
Viva Taqueria
Mahogany Grill
Stellas
Zaza's
Heights Cafe & Grill
Maxies
Aladdins

Based on "bang for your buck" and of course will they be open after 10? I left off the Chariot because it can be rather loud along with the nines. I have been to benchwarmers too, not bad but gets crowded and noisy at times. Thanks for all your help!

Date: August 10, 2005 12:42AM

[Q]Brian Wrote:

I left off the Chariot because it can be rather loud along with the nines.[/q]

Well, that, and there is no more Chariot.

Date: August 10, 2005 12:49AM

[Q]Will Wrote:

Brian Wrote:

I left off the Chariot because it can be rather loud along with the nines.[/Q]
Well, that, and there is no more Chariot.[/q]

It was never quite the same postgame after they forgot how to make an Irish Wake.

Posted by: duffs4 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 10, 2005 08:32AM

This is my pregame/postgame lineup(based on your list):

Buffalo Street BBQ
Viva Taqueria
Ruloff's
Maxies
Mahogany Grill
Lost Dog Cafe
Simeons
Aladdins
Stellas
Moosewood
ABC Cafe
Zaza's
Heights Cafe & Grill

Date: August 10, 2005 06:18PM

[Q]duffs4 Wrote:

This is my pregame/postgame lineup(based on your list):

Buffalo Street BBQ
Viva Taqueria
Ruloff's
Maxies
Mahogany Grill
Lost Dog Cafe
Simeons
Aladdins
Stellas
Moosewood
ABC Cafe
Zaza's
Heights Cafe & Grill

[/q]

I'm not sure about the serving hours for all these places, but I'd rank them pretty close based on the bang-for-buck scale. I might move VT above BSBBQ (I've only been to the place once). VT's portions have gotten smaller over the last couple of years, but it's still a good deal. BSBBQ doesn't offer much for vegetarians (surprise). I also would move Ruloff's down a bit since I think Collegetown places tend to be a bit louder on Fri/Sat nights than downtown places. I'd also put Benchwarmers somewhere midlist and replace ZaZa's with Madeline's (Crooked Bean, anyone).

Posted by: peterg (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 10, 2005 10:53PM

Buffalo Street BBQ has not, of course, been open during hockey season, but I dare say with the Cornell connection, it will be a popular post-game spot.

Posted by: Scott Kominkiewicz (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 11, 2005 12:20AM

Nobody mentioned the Souvlaki House. My wife and I only make it up for hockey once a year, and we've hit Souvlaki House a few times after games. Love the food. Some of the hockey players liked to eat there after games too.

Last year we went to Chili's after a Clarkson playoff game and the joint was crawling with their fans and players. That's what I get for staying on the Rt. 13 strip.

Posted by: peterg (---.bgdmlaw.com)
Date: August 11, 2005 08:04AM

[Q]Scott Kominkiewicz Wrote:

Nobody mentioned the Souvlaki House. My wife and I only make it up for hockey once a year, and we've hit Souvlaki House a few times after games. Love the food. Some of the hockey players liked to eat there after games too.

Last year we went to Chili's after a Clarkson playoff game and the joint was crawling with their fans and players. That's what I get for staying on the Rt. 13 strip.[/q]

S-House serves late and, yes, a lot of the players gone there post-game for many years now.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: August 11, 2005 08:08AM

mmm...I like Souvlaki House. Good food and cheap. And I think (but am not sure) that Rulloff's stops its kitchen service at 10, at which point it's most definitely turning into a very noisy, very crowded bar. Yummy food, but not really a place to go post-game, unless you just want to drink.

Date: August 11, 2005 08:27AM

[Q]Scott Kominkiewicz Wrote:Last year we went to Chili's after a Clarkson playoff game and the joint was crawling with their fans and players. That's what I get for staying on the Rt. 13 strip.[/q]You can't go to a chain restaurant that's popular with tourists and then act surprised to find tourists there. :-P

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: August 11, 2005 10:46AM

[Q]Liz '05 Wrote:

mmm...I like Souvlaki House. Good food and cheap..[/q]

Although post-30 I could no longer metabolize whatever it is that's in their souvlaki. Used to love it, too. :-/

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 11, 2005 07:38PM

[Q]peterg Wrote:

Buffalo Street BBQ has not, of course, been open during hockey season, but I dare say with the Cornell connection, it will be a popular post-game spot.[/q]

That's a good point...they need more Red beers, however, imho. **]

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: August 12, 2005 12:39AM

Hong Kong :-D

Posted by: Scott Kominkiewicz (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 12, 2005 06:08PM

As for dining in Ithaca, I still lament the closing of Joe's. That was a no-brainer every trip.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: August 12, 2005 10:00PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

French Rage Wrote:

Wait wait wait. Are you saying WOI is gone or just renamed?[/Q]
Renamed. The business is no longer part of the "Wings Over..." franchise. It is now completely independent. (Though I have yet to try them myself post-namechange.)[/q]

Whew. Dont scare someone like that.

Posted by: JDeafv (---.howard01.md.comcast.net)
Date: August 20, 2005 11:44AM

Katie and I were in upstate this past weekend, so we decided to stop for a few hours in Ithaca on the way back to MD.

We stopped into Buffalo Street BBQ.

Turns out Jeremey's older brother Jesse is actually the owner, and his father helps out a lot around the restaurant. We saw both while we were there.

We liked the place and ate outside on the decks. We had the Pulled Pork Sandwhich and the Beef Brisket Sandwich, both of which were good. The red slaw and the classic cole slaw are good, as are the french fries and corn bread.

It's got a great atmosphere and hopefully will be a popular spot.

Date: August 20, 2005 01:25PM

[Q]JDeafv Wrote:

Katie and I were in upstate this past weekend, so we decided to stop for a few hours in Ithaca on the way back to MD.

We stopped into Buffalo Street BBQ.

Turns out Jeremey's older brother Jesse is actually the owner, and his father helps out a lot around the restaurant. We saw both while we were there.

We liked the place and ate outside on the decks. We had the Pulled Pork Sandwhich and the Beef Brisket Sandwich, both of which were good. The red slaw and the classic cole slaw are good, as are the french fries and corn bread.

It's got a great atmosphere and hopefully will be a popular spot.

[/q]

Good to hear. With Bistro Q and the Chariot closing over the offseason, there'll be some hungry faithful looking for new eating grounds.

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 23, 2005 06:14PM

no one mentioned the rose. granted I havent been there in a year, but it was good then. always quick and not too crowded. although i dont know about postgame

benchwarmers is also a good spot to get a good not-too-long meal.

Posted by: mha (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: August 25, 2005 04:24PM

I guess I need to add a late-night page to 14850 Dining. [dining.14850.com]

The Rose (in Triphammer Mall) is definitely a good post-game spot, as they're still serving food, and they have Cornell athletics connections. Nardi's, next door, has generally stopped serving by then.

The Regent Lounge at the Statler is a very good post-game location, as it's quick to get to and you don't have to drive your car out at the same time as the crowd is leaving. They're usually still doing food for a little while after the game, but get your order in fast. It's almost never too loud (except after a wines class or when JGSM has a happy hour) and there are comfy couches and chairs on one side, and chairs and tables on the other.

Buffalo Street BBQ has no vegetarian entrees, just a few salads and some of the sides, though as people ask more and more, maybe they'll get around to it. Jesse's been a pleasure to talk to; didn't know he was Jeremy's brother! Cool. They're hosting Zinck's this October for the local Cornell Alumni Association. (You should all come.)

Madeline's is indeed open late, and we've gone there after games once or twice, but I've never really liked their attitude. Great desserts and fantastic whisky selection mean I go back once in a while anyway.

Just a Taste on Aurora Street serves until 10 on Friday and 11 on Saturday, and they do great for vegetarians. This is also a top-notch brunch option for hockey weekends! We did a few hockey-weekend brunches there back before their brunch moved to Bistro Q; it's back downtown now that Q has closed.

Souvlaki House is an excellent suggestion, and they do quite well for vegetarians, as does Sindbad's, also on Eddy Street. The latter has Mediterranean food that includes pizza, Italian dishes, falafel, hummus, shwarma, shishkebab, pitas, subs, etc., etc. Outstanding and inexpensive, and open until midnight.

Willow, next to Fall Creek Pictures, serves until 10pm and their martini bar (not just martinis, don't worry) is open until 1am on Fridays and Saturdays. Not cheap, but very good food, with a couple of vegetarian options all the time. Similar pricing at Olivia, on Pine Tree Road near East Hill Plaza.

The pizza places with in-house seating, like Napoli and Roma, are generally open late into the evening, and will usually have several vegetarian options. You can always get Hot Truck or stop at the Shortstop Deli and then go eat elsewhere.

With Applebee's and Chili's you get exactly what you expect. I prefer Chili's by a narrow margin, but neither is ever going to be my first choice.

I sympathize with Brian's annoyance over rising prices, but I wouldn't blame the Boatyard Grill. Prices keep going up all the time no matter what, and that's been especially true for the last couple of years as steadily (or sharply) increasing gas prices make everything more expensive. If the restaurant's food costs go way up because the distributor's cost to get it to them goes way up, they have to raise the prices. Sad but true. Meantime, I can't speak from certain first-hand knowledge, but I don't think Mark Campagnolo, one of the Boardyard's owners and one of the former owners of Joe's, is hiding from a tax responsibility. He had sold his half of the business to his partner, Larry, before Joe's started having the problems that eventually brought about its demise.

And I agree with the folks who've said that it's unfair to gripe that you were given a 40 minute estimate and were seated after a 50 minute wait. That's not bad at all. At least they didn't say 10 minutes and have it end up being 50. They have no control over when their patrons pay their check and leave, so they can at best estimate. Sounds like their educated guess was pretty close.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2005 04:32PM by mha.

Posted by: mha (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: August 25, 2005 04:31PM

It really hasn't changed. Same owner and manager (Seth) and pretty much exactly the same food, except that the menus are now blue instead of yellow, and they've changed the names of all of the trademarked menu items.

My hope is that dropping the franchise agreement won't prove to be as disastrous for them as it was for the guy who owned the Dunkin Donuts franchises in town. He didn't think he could afford that $20,000 annual Danegeld; turned out he couldn't afford to stop.

Posted by: peterg (---.bgdmlaw.com)
Date: August 25, 2005 06:00PM

[Q]mha Wrote:

Nardi's, next door, has generally stopped serving by then.[/q]

I believe that Nardi's has stopped serving permanently. The space was for lease the last time I passed through.

Posted by: DevilDerby (---.gen.twtelecom.net)
Date: August 26, 2005 10:42PM

I know this thread is dead but--

About the talk of W.O.I. leaving the Wings family:
The Wings Over Albany also have just changed their name to WingZ. I believe that it is a franchise-wide decision to re-hip, extreme-ize, same money on ink printing "Wings Over ..." everything, or whatever. I overheard the counter guy at my place and he said that they still get everything from the same place, so maybe it is a franchise-wide decision.

Side note: after our next victory over RPI, there is a FINE beer discount store that sells among other things, Utica Club, PBR, and Schaffers'. I thought at least the Pep Band would be interested.

Hoosick St. (Rt. 7) Discount Beverage Center, 2200 19th St. , Troy

hmmm beer,
DevilDerby

Posted by: mha (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 27, 2005 12:49AM

Yeah, but does it close at 8pm?

Date: August 27, 2005 12:29PM

[Q]DevilDerby Wrote:

I know this thread is dead but--

About the talk of W.O.I. leaving the Wings family:
The Wings Over Albany also have just changed their name to WingZ. I believe that it is a franchise-wide decision to re-hip, extreme-ize, same money on ink printing "Wings Over ..." everything, or whatever. I overheard the counter guy at my place and he said that they still get everything from the same place, so maybe it is a franchise-wide decision.

Side note: after our next victory over RPI, there is a FINE beer discount store that sells among other things, Utica Club, PBR, and Schaffers'. I thought at least the Pep Band would be interested.

Hoosick St. (Rt. 7) Discount Beverage Center, 2200 19th St. , Troy

hmmm beer,
DevilDerby[/q]

Beer is good.

Very, very good.

Maybe we can revive this thread by discussing places to obtain said substance after road games.

In Canton in particular, this has proved impossible. Nothing seems to remain open after about 10, which in a town in which the only evening entertainmentsare SLU hockey and polishing off the latest vintage at Mom's Meth Lab, seems like a poor business plan.

Date: August 28, 2005 10:30AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:
In Canton in particular, this has proved impossible. Nothing seems to remain open after about 10, which in a town in which the only evening entertainmentsare SLU hockey and polishing off the latest vintage at Mom's Meth Lab, seems like a poor business plan.[/q]I know a good place not too far from Canton where you can get beer pretty late. It's called Ottawa.

Date: August 28, 2005 12:13PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

I know a good place not too far from Canton where you can get beer pretty late. It's called Ottawa.

[/q]

My friends and I went to Ottawa after a Clarkson game a few years ago. We actually only had time to get one drink really, though I suppose if we delayed our hotel registration until after going to a bar, we could have gotten a few more rounds in.

My point is, Ottawa is close, but it's not THAT close.

Re: Good Places after Colgate
Posted by: mha (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 28, 2005 12:27PM

We've stopped at the Brae Loch Inn up in Cazenovia on the way back from Hamilton a couple of times. (In fact, the owner is often at the Colgate game with us!) The kitchen is usually closing right around when we get there, but it's a great place for some drinks, and the cheese and crackers are always available. They have some good beers on tap and in bottles, and a great scotch selection. If the kitchen's still open (I bet they'd stay open a few minutes longer if someone called to say a group was coming) they have some great stuff.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login