Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Final CSB Draft Rankings

Posted by pfibiger 
Final CSB Draft Rankings
Posted by: pfibiger (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: July 19, 2005 10:26AM

[www.tsn.ca]

Not a lot of changes:

30. Sasha Pokulok, D, Cornell Univ. (NCAA).
61. Colin Greening, RW, Upper Canada College (Cdn. high school).
103. Matt Connors, C/RW, Apple Core (EJHL).
235. Mike Kennedy, C, St. Thomas (WJRB).

Re: Final CSB Draft Rankings
Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: July 19, 2005 10:55AM

I haven't checked much, but is this any different from the mid-term rankings?

Posted by: csb (38.117.178.---)
Date: July 19, 2005 01:07PM

These are the identical ratings, just misidentified as "Final." The real ones will be released probably Thursday once the new CBA is ratified and final, and the league can resume doing business.

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: July 22, 2005 04:12PM

the draft lottery is currently available live on nhl.com

Lottery Results
Date: July 22, 2005 04:29PM

Lottery Results:
1. Pittsburgh Penguins
2. Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
3. Carolina Hurricanes
4. Minnesota Wild
5. Montreal Canadiens
6. Columbus Blue Jackets
7. Chicago Blackhawks
8. Atlanta Thrashers
9. Ottawa Senators
10. Vancouver Canucks
11. Los Angeles Kings
12. San Jose Sharks
13. Buffalo Sabres
14. Washington Capitals
15. New York Islanders
16. New York Rangers
17. Phoenix Coyotes
18. Nashville Predators
19. Detroit Red Wings
20. Philadelphia Flyers
21. Toronto Maple Leafs
22. Boston Bruins
23. New Jersey Devils
24. St. Louis Blues
25. Edmonton Oilers
26. Calgary Flames
27. Colorado Avalanche
28. Dallas Stars
29. Florida Panthers
30. Tampa Bay Lightning

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2005 04:30PM by jkahn.

Date: July 22, 2005 04:36PM

The Crosby-Lemieux-whoever line should be a pretty good show.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: July 22, 2005 04:38PM

[Q]jkahn Wrote:

The Crosby-Lemieux-whoever line should be a pretty good show.[/q]

If it wasn't going to be the Sabres, I wanted it to be the Pens so I would get to watch.

Of course, this means tickets will be much harder to get :(

Posted by: JS '93 (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: July 22, 2005 08:52PM

Now the final CSB North America Draft Rankings are up on NHL.com. (Midterm rankings)

39. (30) Sasha Pokulok, D, Cornell Univ. (NCAA).
107. (103) Matt Connors, C/RW, Apple Core (EJHL).
108. (61) Colin Greening, RW, Upper Canada College (Cdn. high school).
---- (235) Mike Kennedy, C, St. Thomas (WJRB).

Looks like three draft picks for this year. Under the new CBA, the draft is now only 7 rounds.

O.T. Glad to see Crosby go to the Penguins--helps a lower end team and all the major east coast rivals will get to see him in action multiple times each year. Based on all the new rules, the NHL looks like they finally woke up from their self-induced coma.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: July 23, 2005 11:32AM

I guess I'm gonna pick a ticket plan that has the Pens in it this year.

And I'm glad Crosby didn't go to the Rangers (like Jeremy Roenick wanted).

Posted by: froogle (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: July 24, 2005 02:08AM

Hockeys future mock draft Sasha Pokulok goes #23 in the first round to the New Jersey Devils.
[www.hockeysfuture.com]

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 24, 2005 11:41AM

[Q]froogle Wrote:

Hockeys future mock draft Sasha Pokulok goes #23 in the first round to the New Jersey Devils.
[/q]

that would be nice for the devs. so glad the rangers didnt get the 1st pick. LGR! and lets go devils! cant wait to see a sabres devils game this year

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 25, 2005 01:07AM

[Q]jy3 Wrote:
that would be nice for the devs. so glad the rangers didnt get the 1st pick. LGR! and lets go devils! cant wait to see a sabres devils game this year[/q]It must suck knowing it's your team's fault that they had to make all these rule changes.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.ny5030.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 25, 2005 01:15AM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

jy3 Wrote:
that would be nice for the devs. so glad the rangers didnt get the 1st pick. LGR! and lets go devils! cant wait to see a sabres devils game this year[/Q]
It must suck knowing it's your team's fault that they had to make all these rule changes.

[/q]

It's probably doesn't suck too much for them, knowing they can drink their sorrows away out of 3 Stanley Cups and all. :-)

Date: July 25, 2005 07:50AM

It just sucked for the rest of us, who had to watch such boring hockey. yark

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bu.edu)
Date: July 25, 2005 07:53AM

[Q]Jeff Hopkins '82 Wrote:

It just sucked for the rest of us, who had to watch such boring hockey. [/q]

Ya know, every shot against defensive hockey in the NHL is the same stupid shots people take at Cornell in college. And I'm sure we're all bored to death by that ;-)

Posted by: JS '93 (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: July 25, 2005 07:56AM

While the Devils may be the blueprint for trap hockey, the Ranger$ are just as much to blame, if not more, for dramatically increasing (free agent) salaries. The Ranger$ have missed the playoffs 7 straight years with nearly the highest team salary. Bodes well for life under a salary cap.

The rumor always was that the previous CBA would have had a salary cap, but Ranger$ and Red Wings placed an enormous amount of pressure on Bettman to remove it. At least the Red Wings won a cup over the past few years.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: July 26, 2005 12:37AM

[Q]froogle Wrote:

[/q]

If it happens, it will be the first Cornellian taken in the first round, ever: [www.tbrw.info]

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: July 26, 2005 11:06AM

[Q]jy3 Wrote: lets go devils! [/q][Q]Tub(a) Wrote: something that suggested he liked the Sabres, I think. [/q][Q]jmh30 Wrote: something that suggested he liked the Rangers, I think. [/q]Y'know, I bet it's been done before here, but it'd be a hoot to see an eLynah poll of favorite NHL teams.

OK, I'm sorry. I'm experiencing...

[Q]Buzzcocks Wrote: Boredom, boredom. Da dum da dum. [/q]

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: July 27, 2005 08:59AM

[Q]Hillel Hoffmann Wrote:
Y'know, I bet it's been done before here, but it'd be a hoot to see an eLynah poll of favorite NHL teams.
[/q]

Can the polls take that many choices? Or are we all Rangers, Devils, Islanders, Sabres, Bruins, or Whalers fans? Actually, Jeff's a Flyers fan, right? Perhaps it's more fun for everyone to guess what NHL teams the other posters are fans of.

For my part, I don't identify myself as a fan of any MLB or NHL team, but I'm a Red Sox and Rangers sympathizer.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: July 27, 2005 09:23AM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote: Or are we all Rangers, Devils, Islanders, Sabres, Bruins, or Whalers fans?[/q]
No way. Let's go Caps. (Born a Bruins fan, converted in the mid-1980s.)

Stop laughing.

Posted by: ninian '72 (---.ed.gov)
Date: July 27, 2005 12:25PM

Make that two of us, Hillel. Although given Leonsis's dismantling of the team before the lockout, who knows what we'll be left with this season.

Date: July 27, 2005 12:47PM

The schedule for your NHL favorite team is now available on nhl.com. At this point there's only one hockey team that I'm really passionate about - Let's Go Red. I was a Ranger fan as a kid, then rooted for Ned's Red Wings during his coaching and GM tenure there, while starting to go to Islander games as soon as they were created. I remained an Islander fan thereafter, though rooting for Dryden and therefore his Canadiens as well. Having moved from NY to southern NH in '75 and the Chicago in '81, though I still root for the Isles, the passion has diminished over time. I love the game and still will watch a lot of NHL hockey, and generally root for any ECAC player (there are a few exceptions) and other college hockey players to do well. If Lenny becomes a regular in Phoenix, I'll be a Coyote fan. But there's only the one team that I'll support with unwavering passion - the Big Red.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: July 27, 2005 03:37PM

[Q]ninian '72 Wrote:

Make that two of us, Hillel. Although given Leonsis's dismantling of the team before the lockout, who knows what we'll be left with this season.[/q]

Hey, it was brutal, but he was right. The Caps come out of the strike with a gigantic amount of cap room, in a free agent paradise. He may be a sonofabitch, but he was a smart sonofabitch.

Date: July 27, 2005 05:18PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Hillel Hoffmann Wrote:
Y'know, I bet it's been done before here, but it'd be a hoot to see an eLynah poll of favorite NHL teams.
[/Q]
Can the polls take that many choices? Or are we all Rangers, Devils, Islanders, Sabres, Bruins, or Whalers fans? Actually, Jeff's a Flyers fan, right? Perhaps it's more fun for everyone to guess what NHL teams the other posters are fans of.

For my part, I don't identify myself as a fan of any MLB or NHL team, but I'm a Red Sox and Rangers sympathizer.[/q]

You are correct, sir. I am a fan of the orange and black (or was I not the Jeff you were referring to. There are quite a few of us on this board)

Although until I moved to Allentown, that is, all through my HS and college years, I was a Bruins fan. In other words, when the Flyers beat the Bruins, I was a Bruins fan.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.ny5030.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 28, 2005 12:55AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:
froogle Wrote:
Hockeys future mock draft Sasha Pokulok goes #23 in the first round to the New Jersey Devils.[/Q]
If it happens, it will be the first Cornellian taken in the first round, ever: [/q]
Partly, one might infer from the numbers on your page, because there didn't used to be thirty teams.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: redGrinch (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 28, 2005 01:06AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

ninian '72 Wrote:

Make that two of us, Hillel. Although given Leonsis's dismantling of the team before the lockout, who knows what we'll be left with this season.[/Q]
Hey, it was brutal, but he was right. The Caps come out of the strike with a gigantic amount of cap room, in a free agent paradise. He may be a sonofabitch, but he was a smart sonofabitch.[/q]

Wow..... caps fans coming out of the woodwork. Who would've thought on an eLynah thread...... if Pokuluk is there in the 2nd round for Washington with either their pick or Ottawa's pick, they better not let him pass..... we certainly could use a D with some size and offensive skills.

According to the Post last week though, Ted only plans to go up to about $25 mil in salary - what a thought...... Ottawa outspending us!?!

Posted by: ninian '72 (---.ed.gov)
Date: July 28, 2005 11:14AM

Sasha would make a nice counterpoint to Witt. I agree with Greg, and it was clear Ted was positioning himself for either a cheaper payroll, an ability to load up on free agents or both, but damn it was painful to watch guys like Kono and Nikolishin get bled off in the process. The Caps have never been one of the more talented teams in the league - even with Jagr on board - and whatever success they've had has been to a large degree due to team chemistry. That's going to be hard to recreate. I fear we're in for some lean times.

Date: July 28, 2005 05:57PM

FYI, the draft will be televised by TSN, MSG, Comcast Sports Chicago and Altitude (Denver) at noon EDT Saturday.
(info above from TSN's website and from directv.com)

Date: July 29, 2005 08:21AM

It's also suposed to be on Comcast Sports Net in Philly.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bu.edu)
Date: July 30, 2005 01:22PM

It's also on NESN right now

Posted by: judy (---.accessww.com)
Date: July 30, 2005 01:26PM

whee! Pokuluk to the caps@ 14. how exciting!

Crosby and Noah Welch, too
Posted by: David Harding (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: August 06, 2005 02:29PM

[Q]JS '93 Wrote:
... O.T. Glad to see Crosby go to the Penguins--helps a lower end team and all the major east coast rivals will get to see him in action multiple times each year. ....
[/q]

Perhaps along with an old friend of ours, who signed a couple of days ago:
[www.pittsburghpenguins.com]

Re: Crosby and Noah Welch, too
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 06, 2005 05:29PM

[Q]David Harding Wrote:

JS '93 Wrote:
... O.T. Glad to see Crosby go to the Penguins--helps a lower end team and all the major east coast rivals will get to see him in action multiple times each year. ....
[/Q]
[/q]
Lannon's from Harvard, too.

Re: Crosby and Noah Welch, too
Posted by: David Harding (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: August 06, 2005 06:59PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

David Harding Wrote:

JS '93 Wrote:
[/Q]
[/Q]
Lannon's from Harvard, too.[/q]
Right, but he didn't get any votes for the Kevan Melrose Award.
Also remember that Matt Moulson is a Penguins draftee.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2005 07:00PM by David Harding.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login