Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Way, Way OT: personal update

Posted by Robb 
Way, Way OT: personal update
Posted by: Robb (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: August 05, 2005 11:32PM

Hey gang,

Just wanted to take a moment to update the Cornell hockey world on something truly insigificant: me. I've taken a new job (with a different companty, Keith!) in Southern CA (hmm - I've gone from Ithaca to Vermont to Texas to California and my next move appears likely to be England. After that, I'll have to go to the far east to continue my trend of moving farther from Lynah... :( )

Unfortunately, at my new job my computer is not connected to the web (draw from that what you will!), so I'll probably be posting much less frequently, but I still plan to be home by 4:00 on Fridays to listen and chat, unless there are enough other Southern-CA faithful out there to make get-togethers viable (I'd offer up my place, but I doubt ANYONE would drive to Lancaster, CA - not even for Cornell hockey. Trust me - Google it. Mars has more culture, character, and better weather.)

I'll be at games when I can, but I do have to reserve a significant percentage of my vacation time for visits to the UK, where my girlfriend ('00) is starting her PhD this fall. Sigh - divided loyalties... I look forward to seeing you all in March if nothing else!

Let's Go Red!

Robb

Re: Way, Way OT: personal update
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 06, 2005 12:39AM

Congrats on the new job!

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: August 06, 2005 01:32AM

[Q]Congrats on the new job![/q]Condolences on the location...

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: August 06, 2005 04:55AM

Congrats on your ISSA.
Get to DC as soon as you can. Money equals more attractive, er, job options.
Must disconnect now; suddenly ahead of me, across the mountainside, a gleaming alloy air car, shoots towards me, two lanes wide.

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: August 07, 2005 05:14AM

Best of luck. It was good seeing you at the ECAC's and at UVM games when you were in VT. I have always been impressed at your willingness to continually travel so far since you moved to Texas. I am still in Vermont and probably will be for a long time if you are ever back around. Chris

Posted by: cornelldavy (---.lowmrn01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: August 07, 2005 12:34PM

Hey, I've driven to Lancaster, CA, to catch a minor league game. Nice ballpark, although the 3-foot high netting in front of the crowd all the way down the baselines was a little excessive. If the Red are playing when I'm not, I'm down to try to find a way to watch the game somewhere.

By the way, don't knock Mars - it gave Cornell an Ivy record-setting punter.

[cornellbigred.collegesports.com]

[Q]At Mars: Mike was a punter and place-kicker for Mars HS. He was a first-team all-conference selection at both positions and was a team captain his senior year. He was selected to play in two all-star games as a junior and a senior. Baumgartel was also the captain of the school's basketball team, setting the school record for career three-pointers and was an all-county pick.[/Q]

Think Mars High School has t-shirts for sale?

Posted by: Robb (---.mycingular.net)
Date: August 07, 2005 11:18PM

Hey Chris - great catching up withyou, too. It looks like I may actually be in VT between Christmas and New Years - let me know if you'll be around.

And Cornelldavy - not to worry, my house will get every Cornell game that's broadcast, even if I have to subscribe to DirecTV, Dish, and local cable! I figure I'm going to have to become a Jethawks fan for a local sports fix...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login