Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell-Clarkson post-game thread

Posted by Greg Berge 
Cornell-Clarkson post-game thread
Posted by: Greg Berge (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: January 28, 2005 11:02PM

Cornell stays at 6 in PWR despite absorbing Clarkson's record in their SOS: [www.uscho.com]

1 Boston College     29 17-3-4 .7917
2 Colorado College   28 21-4-2 .8148
3 Minnesota          27 19-9-0 .6786
4 Denver             26 16-6-1 .7174
5 Michigan           25 19-7-1 .7222
6 Cornell            24 14-4-2 .7500
7 Mass.-Lowell       22 15-5-3 .7174
8 Colgate            21 19-6-0 .7600
9t Boston University 20 14-10-1 .5800 
9t Harvard           20 11-5-2 .6667
9t Wisconsin         20 19-6-1 .7500

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2005 11:06PM by Greg Berge.

Re: Cornell-Clarkson post-game thread
Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2005 11:10PM

Bad first period, great second period, and decent third period. I like how Cornell played after giving up the second Clarkson goal - they kept driving the play and did not sit back. Officiating was a joke. I usually like Dell, but tonight he was brutal. I have no clue as to how he didn't call that player for spearing Krantz in the third period. The guy should have been shown the door right away. It was a blatant attempt to injure. Instead Dell gives him 2 for slashing. What made it better was that Cornell was called for two penalties in the next minute ultimately leading to the first Clarkson goal.
My 3 Stars for Cornell:
1. Knoepfli
2. Sawada
3. Krantz

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 28, 2005 11:12PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

My 3 Stars for Cornell:
1. Knoepfli
2. Sawada
3. Krantz[/q]

Not Moulson?

Date: January 28, 2005 11:20PM

His goal was unbelievable, but iuntil the goal, I thought he struggled to adjust to the much added attention to him. But his goal was clutch and just plain awesome.

Posted by: RedAR (66.101.241.---)
Date: January 28, 2005 11:20PM

So, what's our all-time record vs. Clarkson now?

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 28, 2005 11:23PM

Still a losing record, I'm afraid. :-/ But at least we're wearing it down.

Date: January 28, 2005 11:28PM

That Clarkson team was just as dirty and bush league as Dartmouth.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2005 11:30PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

Officiating was a joke. I usually like Dell, but tonight he was brutal. I have no clue as to how he didn't call that player for spearing Krantz in the third period. The guy should have been shown the door right away. It was a blatant attempt to injure. [/q]

I think that was a new penalty...let's call it Castration. I watched the game on TV & it was pretty brutal -- much worse on the replay. There's no place for that in any sport. The Clarkson kid should have been ejected and should be suspended.

Clarkson played hard, though I think they're the dirtiest team in the ECACHL, and pretty much out-everythinged Cornell in the 1st period. It was surprising how the momentum shifted after the cheap shot. I was surprised Cornell didn't put them away -- those penalities hurt after Krantz got whacked.

It wasn't pretty, but it's 2 pts. Need a more complete effort Saturday night.

Btw, is there an official statistic for turnovers?

Posted by: Redscore (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 28, 2005 11:30PM

I know watching on TV doesn't give you the full picture but did anyone else feel that O'byrne looked lost out on the ice. He had a hard time getting the puck out from behind our net all night and made some scary decisions when he felt trapped. Is he playing hurt or is it a confidence issue?

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 28, 2005 11:31PM

[www.tbrw.info]

that is for clarkson listing the games. i think the program usually has the records in it all time....

Date: January 28, 2005 11:32PM

O'Byrne is a very hit or miss player. Sometimes, he looks like he could be in the NHL, whereas others, he is lost as you described it. He's getting more consistent, but with Cook and Downs both done after this year, O'Byrne will really need to step up.

Date: January 28, 2005 11:33PM

44-46-9.

Schafer is 16-9-1 as a coach.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2005 10:48AM by Greg Berge.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 28, 2005 11:37PM

I'm going to refrain from commenting on the dirtiness in general, but that one play was one of the worst things I've seen in a long time. Shoulda been a major and a game DQ, no doubt. Intent to injure, from behind, unprovoked, served no purpose, totally inappropriate. That's not even allowed in the WWF (or, WWE now).

Posted by: Luke 05 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2005 11:43PM

Just wondering for those who watched on CSTV...

How'd the Faithful appear and sound for the national audience?

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 28, 2005 11:45PM

For that matter, how did Lynah look? As I recall, it usually looks like crap on TV.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 12:04AM

Lynah looked fine, and the audience looked engaged, but unfortunately the sound wasn't really up high enough at the Park Avenue Country Club for us to be able to tell how loud the crowd was. We were kind of loud ourselves, for that matter - I wouldn't be surprised if we chased away a few diners. :-D

By the way, kudos to Jason and his crew for a great time and a huge turnout - I'd guess fifty Cornellians were there in all. Many were pep band alums and fraternity brothers of mine, which also made it nice. Good to see you all!

I seriously doubt I'll ever see a Cornell hockey game on a larger TV than I did tonight...

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 12:37AM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote: Bad first period, great second period, and decent third period. I like how Cornell played after giving up the second Clarkson goal - they kept driving the play and did not sit back. Officiating was a joke. [/q]Agree on the first and second period. However the third was less than decent. We played bad enough to lose. Not quite like UVM, but certainly not like you'd like to play, up 3-0.

The first CLK goal should not have been, since we were getting hooked trying to clear the zone before the penalty. We should have been a man up instead of down. However we should never have gotten into the position to allow the second goal. Yes, we then played with determination, but although we won, it reminded me of @ HVD where we finally came to life after they scored. As evidenced by the HVD loss, we can't afford to sit back like that. I challenge anyone to say they weren't concerned that we could have lost the game, at that point. Up 3-0 we should keep up the pressure but always be back ready to defend and never in a position to lose.

Having said that, CLK played alot better than there record showed. Whether they finally got it together, like Coach Roll said in the pregame, I don't know, but if they continue like that, I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs. I'll be interested in watching the replay of their game tomorrow with 'Gate. It's being broadcast here on TW Cable.

Date: January 29, 2005 01:06AM

Lynah looked good. Of course, I think it always looks good to a Cornellian :). You couldn't hear the crowd terrifically on tv, but that's how those microphones always work. Plenty of comments by the announcers on how loud and involved the crowd was, and that they were having trouble hearing themselves once (right at the beginning).

So you got the idea even if the mics didn't pick up the crowd noise great. You could tell the crowd was involved - its a shame the main cheer it picked up was the 'bend over' silliness, but 'safety school' was very audible too ;)

Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 29, 2005 01:50AM

Really? Didn't each team have 9 penalties tonight? I agree that Porter's penalty was bad, no place for that.

cornell is hardly a team of angels though, and never has been. # 29's punch at the end in the scrum in the corner...did it go unpenalized? Didn't see or hear anything about calls on that exchange on CSTV in the bar.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 01:59AM

[Q]RichS Wrote:

Really? Didn't each team have 9 penalties tonight? I agree that Porter's penalty was bad, no place for that.

cornell is hardly a team of angels though, and never has been. # 29's punch at the end in the scrum in the corner...did it go unpenalized? Didn't see or hear anything about calls on that exchange on CSTV in the bar. [/q]
Bitz definitely got penalized, as did at least one other Cornell and one Clarkson player, possibly more--couldn't hear the rest of the penalties because the period ended and the band played Davy. I think they each got 2 minutes for roughing plus unsportsmanlike conduct, though I have no idea if there are additional next-game repercussions included. I doubt it.

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 02:11AM

[Q]RichS Wrote:

cornell is hardly a team of angels though, and never has been. # 29's punch at the end in the scrum in the corner...did it go unpenalized? Didn't see or hear anything about calls on that exchange on CSTV in the bar. [/q]

Bitz got his penalty for that.

[www.collegehockeystats.com]
 CLK-6 Mac Faulkner (2-Roughing) 	                19:40 
 CLK-7 Mac Faulkner (2-Unsportsmanlike Conduct) 	19:40 
 CLK-8 Jay Latulippe (2-Roughing) 	                19:40 
 CLK-9 Jay Latulippe (2-Unsportsmanlike Conduct)	19:40 
 COR-6 Byron Bitz (2-Roughing) 	                        19:40 
 COR-7 Byron Bitz (2-Unsportsmanlike Conduct) 	        19:40 
 COR-8 Charlie Cook (2-Roughing) 	                19:40 
 COR-9 Charlie Cook (2-Unsportsmanlike Conduct) 	19:40

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 02:54AM

I've been saying for a couple of years now that Dell is a terrible ref. I think probably since this game:

[www.collegehockeystats.com]

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 02:58AM

That game never happened, you hear me? Never.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 03:14AM

Also we never played Sacred Heart at Lynah before this season. uhoh

Posted by: egawer (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 03:29AM

they didn't do "flip my burger" clap-clap clapclapclap. Dell sucked dog ass by the way.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: January 29, 2005 05:18AM

I believe we need a TBRW page of games that never happened. :-O

Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 07:39AM

The incident in the corner at the end of the game happened right in front of me and Bitz's reaction was CALLED FOR. Latulippe slashed Bitz when he had his attention toward Cook and Faulkner. Face it, Clarkson played dirty from the drop of the puck last night. Clarkson has been gaining the reputation over the last couple of years as being a very dirty team. I saw a lot of penalties behind the play last night that should have been called which evidently led to the fight at the end. Cornell needs to learn not to retaliate to the dirty play. O'byrne cost us last night when he was taken down as he was carrying the puck out of our own zone, he then took a penalty out of frustration and then started yelling at the ref. We need to be more mentally tough!

Posted by: duffs4 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 08:04AM

Anyone know why O'byrne got released after the first Clarkson goal instead of Sawada?

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 29, 2005 08:54AM

[Q]Luke 05 Wrote: Just wondering for those who watched on CSTV... How'd the Faithful appear and sound for the national audience?[/q]

Saw the game 1-1/2 times on TV, once with the huge gathering in NYC at the Park Avenue Country Club and then about halfway through back at home on the replay ("encore edition" - sheesh, can't anybody use plain words anymore?) and both times Cornell looked pretty good.

The place was full, full, full. (Doesn't matter if the stands aren't full at 7:30 because the show isn't on then when gametime is 8:00 plus.)

From a couple odd angles, say shooting upwards for an artistic shot from a camera in the open (Zamboni / locker room) end, you saw a of dirty-white wall and conduit and cables. This is not as classy as Agganis Arena which is, what, the third rink BU had played in since Lynah opened. Lots of atmosphere shots of the championship banners but not a pan showing the dozens hung there, instead sa a cutway to 1973 or 1990 banner then back to the announcers.

This is subjective and somewhat delicate, but the crowd looked presentable, as in, "I'd date her ... I wouldn't mind him for a brother-in-law." At some previouis-year televised games including tournaments, the cameras have focused on Cornellians who appeared to be Class of '98 the first Class of '98 or who over-amply filled their Cornell jerseys. There were even crowd shots of cute pre-schoolers. Schafer's goatee / mustache makes him look better and pensive on camera although on camera Friday night, to paraphrase Dorothy Parker, his emotions *on camera* ran the gamut from A to B.

It would have helped if the announcers explained why newspapers were being crumpled and thrown on the ice pregame (many appearing to fall at Cornell's end). If they did, I missed it. They knew Mike Teeter and mentioned him by name as he opened the gate to let the team on the ice for warmups. (Is Mike wearing a suit and tie to every game now? He looked good on camera.)

Adam Wodon as sideline reporter did a standup early in the game describing the "Lynah Faithful" as partisan, loyal, loud, stuff like that, and I believe he also said "obnoxious" but in a sort of positive and upbeat way. Actually Adam seemed pretty underused for much of the game, not like the NFL sideline reporters you go to every set of downs for reports on the running back's stubbed toe.

There also were a couple cutaways to the Clarkson band and about three seemingly happy (drunk, one assumes) fans in Clarkson shirts.

There were a couple snipes about it being cold inside - a hockey rink, in January, in Ithaca, in a cold spell, this is news? - but most of the fans looked comfortable in a Cornell jersey or sweater. Plus, you like hockey but do not like cold, you're gonna transfer to UAB?

As far as the production values of the overall 2-1/2 hour package, there weren't enough different ads sold so they cycle through paid (I assume) ads for Colorado College and Miami of Ohio student recruiting (the one were the student guide says, "Internet. 10 megs. Check.";), college women's sports, and the 360,000 NCAA athletes who are "going pro in something other than sports." (Maybe the latter two are contractual public service announcements.) They must have run once a period. The announcers spent a lot of time explaining how Clarkson is a team needing to find itself.

The lighting at Lynah makes the uniforms appear not red but reddish black and for Clarkson greenish black. It's not as bad as with the Webcam games but it's also not as good and saturated and colorful as in a modern rink.

Date: January 29, 2005 10:22AM

[Q]French Rage Wrote:

I believe we need a TBRW page of games that never happened. [/q]

There was one, but then it wasn't needed, because they never happened.

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.icsincorporated.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 10:53AM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Lynah looked good. Of course, I think it always looks good to a Cornellian . You couldn't hear the crowd terrifically on tv, but that's how those microphones always work. Plenty of comments by the announcers on how loud and involved the crowd was, and that they were having trouble hearing themselves once (right at the beginning).

So you got the idea even if the mics didn't pick up the crowd noise great. You could tell the crowd was involved - its a shame the main cheer it picked up was the 'bend over' silliness, but 'safety school' was very audible too [/q]

I bet the CSTV folks kept the "audience mics" turned way down because they don't want to pick up the swearing from "Cya asshole" and "rough'em/fuck'em up" and have the FCC on their back.

Date: January 29, 2005 10:59AM

[Q]Chris 02 Wrote:

DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Lynah looked good. Of course, I think it always looks good to a Cornellian . You couldn't hear the crowd terrifically on tv, but that's how those microphones always work. Plenty of comments by the announcers on how loud and involved the crowd was, and that they were having trouble hearing themselves once (right at the beginning).

So you got the idea even if the mics didn't pick up the crowd noise great. You could tell the crowd was involved - its a shame the main cheer it picked up was the 'bend over' silliness, but 'safety school' was very audible too [/Q]
I bet the CSTV folks kept the "audience mics" turned way down because they don't want to pick up the swearing from "Cya asshole" and "rough'em/fuck'em up" and have the FCC on their back.[/q]

Don't forget about the "bull shit" chant after the second successive Cornell penalty in the third period coming very shortly after the spear to Krantz.

Posted by: ugarte (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 29, 2005 11:10AM

Stream of conciousness... Go!

One assist on the Moulson goal is silly. Two is ridiculous.

The slash on Krantz was bad but I don't see intent to injure. I see that sort of peek-a-boo chop all the time - mostly from goalies - and they rarely catch the player with the precision that Krantz got caught last night. The guy deserved 2 minutes in the box, not a hanging in the town square.

I thought O'Byrne looked better than a lot of you did. I've thought he was clumsy and awkward in the past but he is starting to look comfortable on his skates and with his level of responsibility.

LaTullippe was clearly the instigator at the end. The ref made the right call. He saw LaTullippe start it but he couldn't ignore when Bitz swung back at him. Faulker started the dustup with Cook also, intentionally sweeping him off of his skates. Cornell isn't a team of shrinking violets, but I think Clarkson was taking the cheap shots last night. (That said, the hitting from behind call against CK wasn't a great call. A little ticky-tack.)

McKee looked very solid. I'm still surprised that he didn't snag the first goal. I haven't gone back to TiVo and reviewed the goal in slo-mo, but it just looked like he saw the puck early enough and got the glove up. On replay it may look like someone swinging at a Randy Johnson fastball, but I didn't get a good look at how close he came. The second Clarkson goal was fantastic, but it shouldn't obscure the great save McKee made on the first shot. Starman was a little hard on Topher there, don't you think?

Overall, good but not great. Cornell crashes the net when there is a scrum, but they don't seem to set up in front very much. Even when they have control and can cycle the puck, they don't screen the goalie very much. I don't claim to be an expert, but it looked like there were a lot of times that a player in front would have created scoring chances.

Date: January 29, 2005 11:11AM

[Q]Chris 02 Wrote:
I bet the CSTV folks kept the "audience mics" turned way down because they don't want to pick up the swearing from "Cya asshole" and "rough'em/fuck'em up" and have the FCC on their back.[/q]
It didn't work. I heard them all. That technique was particularly ineffective when they cut to a crowd shot and showed an entire section say "asshole".

Also, the FCC doesn't regulate cable TV.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2005 11:12AM by ugarte.

Date: January 29, 2005 11:27AM

[Q]ugarte Wrote:Overall, good but not great. Cornell crashes the net when there is a scrum, but they don't seem to set up in front very much. Even when they have control and can cycle the puck, they don't screen the goalie very much. I don't claim to be an expert, but it looked like there were a lot of times that a player in front would have created scoring chances.[/q]You need a Stephen Bâby (or for us in the octagenarian class, Gary Cullen) for that, and this team doesn't appear to have that guy. Or rather, they have two candidates, but they're both too good not to have cycling the puck and setting up the play: Moulson and Sawada. The ideal player has great touch, is too big for a hostile takeover, but may not be the most deft skater. Hey, I just described O'Byrne. ;-) Anyway, that style may just not match this year's personnel.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 11:29AM

[Q]duffs4 Wrote: Anyone know why O'byrne got released after the first Clarkson goal instead of Sawada? [/q]I believe it was because O'Byrne's penalty was the one that caused the man advantage. CLK was a man down when Sawada got called. That evened it up; when O'Byrne got called it gave GATE a PP.

Date: January 29, 2005 11:33AM

[Q]Greg Berge Wrote:

ugarte Wrote:Overall, good but not great. Cornell crashes the net when there is a scrum, but they don't seem to set up in front very much. Even when they have control and can cycle the puck, they don't screen the goalie very much. I don't claim to be an expert, but it looked like there were a lot of times that a player in front would have created scoring chances.[/Q]
You need a Stephen Bâby (or for us in the octagenarian class, Gary Cullen) for that, and this team doesn't appear to have that guy. Or rather, they have two candidates, but they're both too good not to have cycling the puck and setting up the play: Moulson and Sawada. The ideal player has great touch, is too big for a hostile takeover, but may not be the most deft skater. Hey, I just described O'Byrne. Anyway, that style may just not match this year's personnel.[/q]
I thought Hynes was effective in that role early in his career. I suppose he has evolved past it as well.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 02:30PM

Probably the biggest goof in the CSTV broadcast was the graphic showing Clarkson with 9 ECACHL championships and Cornell with 7. Dopes. Adam, certainly, knows better.

They obviously brought Adam along because of his Cornell connection, but I didn't think they used him--or his Cornell experience--very effectively during the broadcast.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.dfafunds.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 02:43PM

I had been hoping that Adam was going to be doing the play-by-play during the game, and was disappointed when we first saw him and realized he was going to be a sideline reporter with a minute and a half of screentime over the length of the game.

Date: January 29, 2005 03:57PM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:

I had been hoping that Adam was going to be doing the play-by-play during the game, and was disappointed when we first saw him and realized he was going to be a sideline reporter with a minute and a half of screentime over the length of the game.[/q]
I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to avoid Adam's natural bias in the booth. And I wouldn't entirely blame them. I'm sure Adam would do his best, but you'd have to figure some would show through. Being a roving reporter, he got to cheer as much as he wanted :)

Posted by: ugarte (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 05:00PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

pfibiger Wrote:

I had been hoping that Adam was going to be doing the play-by-play during the game, and was disappointed when we first saw him and realized he was going to be a sideline reporter with a minute and a half of screentime over the length of the game.[/Q]
I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to avoid Adam's natural bias in the booth. And I wouldn't entirely blame them. I'm sure Adam would do his best, but you'd have to figure some would show through. Being a roving reporter, he got to cheer as much as he wanted [/q]It didn't show through much when he was calling games FOR Cornell, aside from ramping up the volume when Cornell scored.

Date: January 29, 2005 06:58PM

[Q]ugarte Wrote:

DeltaOne81 Wrote:

pfibiger Wrote:

I had been hoping that Adam was going to be doing the play-by-play during the game, and was disappointed when we first saw him and realized he was going to be a sideline reporter with a minute and a half of screentime over the length of the game.[/Q]
I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to avoid Adam's natural bias in the booth. And I wouldn't entirely blame them. I'm sure Adam would do his best, but you'd have to figure some would show through. Being a roving reporter, he got to cheer as much as he wanted [/Q]
It didn't show through much when he was calling games FOR Cornell, aside from ramping up the volume when Cornell scored.[/q]
I have no doubt that Adam did his best to be objective, and that from our perspective he may've seemed so. But I also don't doubt that his calls and opinions on plays, penalties, etc must have been at least somewhat seen through Carnellian colored glasses.

Cornell-Clarkson highlights available at cstv page
Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: January 31, 2005 03:53PM

[Please forgive me if this information has already been posted, but...]

A video highlights package of the Clarkson-Cornell game is now up at CSTV's Web site. Go to collegesports.com, click on "VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS," and then find "Cornell Rolls at Home." Nice.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: January 31, 2005 04:18PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
The lighting at Lynah makes the uniforms appear not red but reddish black and for Clarkson greenish black. It's not as bad as with the Webcam games but it's also not as good and saturated and colorful as in a modern rink.[/q]
Yeah, those lights are ancient. What are they, 3, 4 years old? Hmm, don't suppose it could have anything to do with the cameras, could it?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 04:49PM

[Q]CowbellGuy Wrote:

billhoward Wrote:
The lighting at Lynah makes the uniforms appear not red but reddish black and for Clarkson greenish black. It's not as bad as with the Webcam games but it's also not as good and saturated and colorful as in a modern rink.[/Q]
Yeah, those lights are ancient. What are they, 3, 4 years old? Hmm, don't suppose it could have anything to do with the cameras, could it?[/q]
While I'm sure it has something to do with that, Age, weren't you the one who pointed out to us how the lights rotate from blue to orange to blue to ..., and how that makes it hell to white balance your photos? I'm sure that makes it rough on the cameras too.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: January 31, 2005 05:04PM

I have issues with the lights for still photography which shouldn't affect video due to shutter speed. However, Bill was insinuating that the problem was a lack of modern facilities, which is certainly not the case with the lighting.

Re: Cornell-Clarkson highlights available at cstv page
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 05:59PM

[Q]Hillel Hoffmann Wrote:
A video highlights package of the Clarkson-Cornell game is now up at CSTV's Web site. Go to collegesports.com, click on "VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS," and then find "Cornell Rolls at Home." Nice.[/q]
Also buried in the highlights list is the Cornell-BC game in Florida.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login