Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell-SLU post-game thread

Posted by Greg Berge 
Cornell-SLU post-game thread
Posted by: Greg Berge (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: January 29, 2005 09:12PM

OK. *That* wasn't easy! :-) :-) :-)

Re: Cornell-SLU post-game thread
Date: January 29, 2005 09:13PM

Anyone know the Colgate or Clarkson broadcast URLs?

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 29, 2005 09:14PM

[Q]Greg Berge Wrote:

Anyone know the Colgate or Clarkson broadcast URLs?[/q]

[sports.yahoo.com]

Posted by: pfibiger (---.dfafunds.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 09:15PM

i think the colgate broadcast is here:

[sports.yahoo.com]

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)

6-3, UNH on top of UML with just over 5 remaining. Excluding a big few minutes (UML scored 3 in 1:13 last night), there streak may very well come to an end.

Edit: and also on TV, UMD 3, MIN 2 - I think towards the end of the 2nd
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2005 09:16PM by DeltaOne81.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.rr.com)

Less then 5:00 left...no link; I'm watching TW.

1:37 left in Hamilton
Date: January 29, 2005 09:20PM

Still Clarkson 2, Colgate 1

Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 09:21PM

harvard makes that 5-3 on yet another PPG, 8 mins remaining

Date: January 29, 2005 09:22PM

I get an angry "server invalid" msg. Please keep us posted.

Date: January 29, 2005 09:23PM

Silverthorn out, puck in Clarkson zone.

Date: January 29, 2005 09:23PM

Couple shots on net, puck to neutral zone, 30 sec to go

Date: January 29, 2005 09:24PM

ENG, Clarkson wins it.

Tech 3- 'Gate 1 ENG
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.phil.east.verizon.net)

Cornell heads into the series next week alone in first by one point.

ENG at 'Gate

Clarkson 3, Colgate 1... 0:20 left.

Date: January 29, 2005 09:25PM

Hot damn. First place!!!

Posted by: adamw (209.71.42.---)
Date: January 29, 2005 09:28PM

Better for the ECAC if Colgate, Cornell, Harvard win out - but I guess 1 Colgate loss is OK.

Date: January 29, 2005 09:28PM

and UNH gets two quick tallies - 8-3 UNH over UML...

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

game over

everything's breaking our way tonight

Date: January 29, 2005 09:30PM

[Q]adamw Wrote:

Better for the ECAC if Colgate, Cornell, Harvard win out - but I guess 1 Colgate loss is OK.[/q]
How about 2 more, Adam? ;-)

Yeah, it'd be nice to see them win too, but you gotta want to win the conference at some point.

Date: January 29, 2005 09:31PM

I find regular season titles to be somewhat irrelevant.

Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 09:36PM

Harvard 5 Yale 3 final

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: January 29, 2005 09:36PM

Irrelevant or not, it's not possible for Cornell and Colgate to both win out. So we'll take the two Gate losses to us and then a third in the playoffs. They can win every other game. :-D

Date: January 29, 2005 09:37PM

[Q]adamw Wrote:

I find regular season titles to be somewhat irrelevant.[/q]
Well I'm not saying we should do anything silly like... hang a banner or anything :-)

But we're Cornell fans first and ECAC fans second, and the whole point is to be competitive. Perhaps from your removed perspective, you've decided to pull more for the ECAC in general (not saying more than Cornell, just more than I do :-) ), and that's perfectly fine. But I certainly don't blame people on here for pulling for the Big Red first and foremost

Edit: UMD 3, MIN 2 - 2nd intermission
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2005 09:39PM by DeltaOne81.

Date: January 29, 2005 09:39PM

Speaking if things which some find irrelevant and others (like me) do not, Harvard has pulled ahead in the Ivy race at 5-1-1 to Cornell's 6-2-0, but Harvard has a pair against the Green remaining.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---)
Date: January 29, 2005 09:40PM

Moulson is unbelievable. I have never been a huge Moulson fan until the last couple weeks and this weekend in particular where he scored two absolutely clutch goals. He is one of the top five offensive players in college hockey.

Date: January 29, 2005 09:41PM

Not saying I'm blaming anyone ... just reminding people that this loss, combined with 2 to Cornell later on and/or another in the ECACs ... probably will drop Colgate from at-large consideration. Tonight's loss alone dropped them to 12t in PWR.

Date: January 29, 2005 09:43PM

The reason for wanting first place doesn't have much to do with the glory but more to do with how the ECACHL is this year. I think there are 7 good or better teams, then 5 below average or worse teams. Cornell, Colgate, Harvard, Dartmouth, Vermont, St. Lawrence, Brown and possibly even Union. I do not want to see SLU or Brown or Union in that best-of-three weekend as the second seed will likely see. I would much rather play a Clarkson or Princeton.

Date: January 29, 2005 09:44PM

Maybe because I became a fan prior to PWR (prior even to the Hockey East defection), I will always root for Cornell to put a maximum of distance between itself and all challengers for better seeds in the ECAC tourny. Win in Albany; the rest is whipped cream.

Date: January 29, 2005 09:45PM

Unbelievable how different Clarkson and SLU were from each other. Clarkson was dirty and classless whereas SLU was the opposite, led by Joe Marsh, who I have a ton of respect for.

Date: January 29, 2005 09:46PM

[Q]adamw Wrote:

Not saying I'm blaming anyone ... just reminding people that this loss, combined with 2 to Cornell later on and/or another in the ECACs ... probably will drop Colgate from at-large consideration. Tonight's loss alone dropped them to 12t in PWR.[/q]
Its a good point. Heck, if they drop 2 to Cornell, I'll be too happy to care that it knocks them out of the at large :). Of course, there's also the very real possibility that Colgate will get a point or more next weekend, leaving them in definite consideration - also considering that the people above them are guaranteed to lose a few as well.

Start of the 3rd in M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Date: January 29, 2005 09:47PM

Re: last night's post-game discussion, Cornell has now clinched finishing above 12th. ;-)

Date: January 29, 2005 09:50PM

Look at it this way ... if Colgate won tonight, and Cornell took 3 of 4 next weekend, then each team won out in the regular season ... Cornell still would've won the RS crown, and then Colgate would be in a far superior position for an at-large bid.

Posted by: Bahnstorm (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 09:51PM

Any one else think that was a Cornell goal in the first on the Bitz(?) breakaway? From my seat it sure looked like it went in and bounced off the bottom pad of the net and then back out. Judging from some of the reaction in section N and O several others saw it as in as well.

Date: January 29, 2005 09:52PM

Something striking from looking at the standings: [www.uscho.com]

There is a *much* bigger spread in GA than GF -- in fact, O is a virtual wash as far as correlation with place in league. Moral: build your team on defense. Thankfully, Schafer brought this to the program 10 years ago. :-)

Date: January 29, 2005 10:03PM

UMD hits the post - 8:06 remaining, still up on Minn, 3-2

4:55 left

Minn going on the PP

Killed, UMD had a breakaway, 2:30 remaining

under a minute to go, Minn net is empty after UMD had a flurry

Icing on UMD, :18.8 remaining
Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2005 10:17PM by DeltaOne81.

Date: January 29, 2005 10:17PM

That'll do it! Minn wish some shots at the end, but UMD pulls it out

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 29, 2005 10:19PM

what was the game pressure like, shots were by far in CUs advantage; did they outplay SLU(t) or was it more even than that?

man, i wanna see the games next weeked...

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 10:22PM

I would say it was more even. St. Lawrence definitely brought their 'A' game, in my opinion. McKenna was amazing. Their skaters outraced Cornell to a lot of the pucks. Their defense was very good as well. They made very few mistakes throughout the entire game. If they can just learn how to be consistent in this gameplay, then they could be even more formidable in the long run.

Posted by: Dart~Ben (66.240.10.---)
Date: January 29, 2005 10:28PM

[Q]Greg Berge Wrote:

Speaking if things which some find irrelevant and others (like me) do not, Harvard has pulled ahead in the Ivy race at 5-1-1 to Cornell's 6-2-0, but Harvard has a pair against the Green remaining.[/q]

Believe me, I'd like nothing better than to have Dartmouth beat Harvard at least once, if not twice. But also in mind is the somewhat mind-boggling fact that no one on this year's roster has ever beaten Harvard.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 11:09PM

[Q]Greg Berge Wrote:

Speaking if things which some find irrelevant and others (like me) do not, Harvard has pulled ahead in the Ivy race at 5-1-1 to Cornell's 6-2-0, but Harvard has a pair against the Green remaining.[/q]
Wonder why Dov played only 59:31 of tonight's game. help

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nrp4.mon.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 29, 2005 11:18PM

[Q]Greg Berge Wrote:

Anyone know the Colgate or Clarkson broadcast URLs?[/q]

Let me use this as an opportunity to remind people of the page I put up, which Age kindly links to in the left hand menu bar as "Free Net Audio":
[www.frontiernet.net]

I (try) to do the work so you don't have to. :-P

Date: January 29, 2005 11:22PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

Greg Berge Wrote:

Speaking if things which some find irrelevant and others (like me) do not, Harvard has pulled ahead in the Ivy race at 5-1-1 to Cornell's 6-2-0, but Harvard has a pair against the Green remaining.[/Q]
Wonder why Dov played only 59:31 of tonight's game.[/q]

Delayed penalty, I assume.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 11:35PM

[Q]Greg Berge Wrote:
Al DeFlorio Wrote:

Greg Berge Wrote: Speaking if things which some find irrelevant and others (like me) do not, Harvard has pulled ahead in the Ivy race at 5-1-1 to Cornell's 6-2-0, but Harvard has a pair against the Green remaining.[/Q]
Wonder why Dov played only 59:31 of tonight's game.[/Q]
Delayed penalty, I assume.[/q]Yes, YALE got a penalty at 10:29 0f the second and Dov went out at 30:00.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 11:42PM

For all the talk about GATE, if we lose twice, not only does GATE take over first, but HVD could overtake us and even finish first. The only answer is to keep winning.rolleyes

Date: January 29, 2005 11:47PM

[Q]Jim Hyla Wrote:

For all the talk about GATE, if we lose twice, not only does GATE take over first, but HVD could overtake us and even finish first. The only answer is to keep winning.[/q]
I have enough white hairs worrying about Cornell winning. Why would I concern myself with Colgate's getting an at-large NCAA bid?

Posted by: Steve M (4.29.49.---)
Date: January 30, 2005 12:18AM

LSSU up 1-0 midway thru the 2nd @ UAF. Colgate beat LSSU twice and they could get back to TUC status with a small winning steak.

Posted by: KenP (---.tu.ok.cox.net)
Date: January 30, 2005 01:15AM

LSSU will need to play and beat stronger teams than UAF to gain .0161 RPI points.

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 01:37AM

Maybe they were reacting to "ugly-sweater guy"? Speaking of which...didn't Vermont's "the man in the yellow hat" sit in the same place?

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 30, 2005 08:17AM

PWR and TUC is so much more confusing than just yelling LGR. Basically, you want to beat everybody, then hope everybody you beat does well, plus especially people you split a series with, which means you didn't beat everybody, and then you want to root for NYS and Ivy and ECAC teams but only once you have trounced them (or at least shut them out). and you wonder if your PWR might be helped by splitting a series with Colgate because if they lose too much they're not a good team even if they were a good team. You want everybody to beat Harvard because they're Harvard and then hope you meet them in the ECAC title game but only so long as they're injury depleted.

This has the ring of Who's on First.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: January 30, 2005 08:35AM

[Q]adamw Wrote:

But the better we finish in the regular season, the better seed we get for the ECACs, which are relevant, meaning weaker quarterfinal opponents and last line change in Albany. The race for 4th place is probably a bigger deal than the race for 1st.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: January 30, 2005 08:43AM

[Q]adamw Wrote:

CSTV seems to think they're relevant, showing Clarkson with 9 ECACHL "championships" and Cornell with 7 on a graphic Friday night--clearly referring to #1 seeds, not championships. Even that, I think, was wrong. Clarkson's had the top seed 10 times, according to TBRW (and I'm too lazy to check anywhere else).

Posted by: HeafDog (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 30, 2005 11:31AM

adamw Wrote:

I find regular season titles to be somewhat irrelevant.

I guess this means that the regular season ECAC crown no longer gets an automatic tourney bid, eh? That question came up at the CU-Clarkson game on TV in NY on Fri., and I told whomever I was talking to that it still got a bid, but I guess I must've been wrong. When was the change made?

Date: January 30, 2005 11:37AM

The NCAA decreed that every conference gets an auto bid and the conference decides how to award it, as long as the criteria is in place prior to the season. The ECAC, and every other conference, went with tourny champion, in part because that maximizes the chance for more bids, and in part to give the conference tourny meaning.

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 11:59AM

[Q]HeafDog Wrote:

I guess this means that the regular season ECAC crown no longer gets an automatic tourney bid, eh? That question came up at the CU-Clarkson game on TV in NY on Fri., and I told whomever I was talking to that it still got a bid, but I guess I must've been wrong. When was the change made?[/q]
From the USCHO FAQ on the selection process, [www.uscho.com]:
[q]Q: How are the tournament teams determined?

A: Each established conference receives one automatic bid. Currently this includes all six Division I conferences. The rest of the teams are selected through a series of mathematical and other criteria. Either way, there is no subjectivity in the process of selecting teams for the tournament. See below for details.

Q: How do you receive an automatic bid?

A: Starting with the 2000-2001 season, the committee has elected to revert back to the practice of awarding only one automatic bid to each conference. Also starting with 2000-2001, the MAAC (now known as Atlantic Hockey) was awarded an automatic bid; and in 2002-2003, the CHA received its automatic bid. That places the total number of auto bids at six. Each of the conferences have elected to award their automatic bid to their postseason tournament champion.

Q: What is the "Colorado College rule"?

A: In 1994, Colorado College won the regular-season WCHA title, but did not receive a berth to the NCAA tournament. That's when the rule was put in awarding a second automatic bid to a conference's regular-season champion, and was thus nicknamed the Colorado College rule. That rule has since been rescinded.

Q: What is the "Clarkson rule"?

A: The so-called Clarkson rule said that any team which won its regular-season and conference tournament championship, would automatically be awarded a first-round bye in the NCAA tournament. This rule is no longer in effect.[/q]

Date: January 30, 2005 12:01PM

[Q]Greg Berge Wrote:

The NCAA decreed that every conference gets an auto bid and the conference decides how to award it, as long as the criteria is in place prior to the season. The ECAC, and every other conference, went with tourny champion, in part because that maximizes the chance for more bids, and in part to give the conference tourny meaning.[/q]
Seems to me they dropped the auto-bid for regular-season "champion" when the two new conferences came into being.

Date: January 30, 2005 12:08PM

[Q]RichH Wrote:

From the USCHO FAQ on the selection process, :

Q: What is the "Colorado College rule"?

A: In 1994, Colorado College won the regular-season WCHA title, but did not receive a berth to the NCAA tournament. That's when the rule was put in awarding a second automatic bid to a conference's regular-season champion, and was thus nicknamed the Colorado College rule. That rule has since been rescinded.

[/Q]
[/q]
So being regular-season "champion" meant something in terms of an auto-bid for six years: 1995-2000. RIP, "Colorado College rule."

Posted by: JDeafv (---.howard01.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 30, 2005 12:08PM

Avash - It's nice to see you doing the writeups for the Cornell home games on USCHO, it's nice not to see "Compiled by USCHO Staff."

I don't think Sasha is an NHL draft pick (being one of two starting defensemen who missed the game). Unless the two defensemen you were talking about were not Gleed and Pokulok, but our other drafted D-man is O'Byrne who I thought played last night.

Date: January 30, 2005 12:11PM

[Q]JDeafv Wrote:

Avash - It's nice to see you doing the writeups for the Cornell home games on USCHO, it's nice not to see "Compiled by USCHO Staff."

I don't think Sasha is an NHL draft pick (being one of two starting defensemen who missed the game). Unless the two defensemen you were talking about were not Gleed and Pokulok, but our other drafted D-man is O'Byrne who I thought played last night.

[/q]
I think you're right. But if there is an NHL, I suspect Sasha will be drafted.

Date: January 30, 2005 12:25PM

I totally agree that with a draft Sasha will be taken, perhaps as high as the 3rd round.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 12:48PM

[Q]JDeafv Wrote:

I totally agree that with a draft Sasha will be taken, perhaps as high as the 3rd round.[/q]
if we're talking about the same Sasha ... perhaps as low as the 3rd round. i' d bet on him going in the top 50 picks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2005 12:49PM by ben03.

Date: January 30, 2005 01:33PM

He's 6'5 with an excellent offensive skills. Pokuluk will go first round. If he played for Michigan or BC, etc. and came out of the NDP, he would go top 10. He is better than Whitney was a couple years ago when Whitney was taken 5th overall.

Posted by: cs92@cornell.edu (---.va.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 01:43PM

[Q]JDeafv Wrote:

[/q]

FYI, Dan Glover is also a drafted D-man.

Posted by: Avash (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 01:43PM

[Q]JDeafv Wrote:

[/q]

You're absolutely right; Gleed's drafted, and Pokulok is not. Not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that! Maybe I was just looking into the future ;-). Anyhow, "my bad."

Date: January 30, 2005 01:49PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:
Seems to me they dropped the auto-bid for regular-season "champion" when the two new conferences came into being.[/q]

Not really. Any conference could award its automatic bid to its regular season champion if it wanted to. Hell, a conference could draw lots to see who got its automatic bid if it really wanted to.

BTW, off-topic, but are the Bradley-Terry ratings or the ECAC Prediction page on TBRW? going to be updated for 2005? Just curious...

Date: January 30, 2005 02:05PM

[Q]HeafDog Wrote:
I guess this means that the regular season ECAC crown no longer gets an automatic tourney bid, eh? That question came up at the CU-Clarkson game on TV in NY on Fri., and I told whomever I was talking to that it still got a bid, but I guess I must've been wrong. When was the change made?[/q]

It was made just in time for Clarkson to miss the NCAAs after finishing in 1st place and getting upset but UVM at Cheel in 2001. laugh

Date: January 30, 2005 02:06PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:
Seems to me they dropped the auto-bid for regular-season "champion" when the two new conferences came into being.[/q]

It was when the MAAC got an auto-bid. Before that each conference was guaranteed two bids (out of 12) and the Colorado College Rule gave the second bid to the regular-season winner if they weren't also the tournament champion.

Date: January 30, 2005 02:10PM

[Q]Dart~Ben Wrote:
BTW, off-topic, but are the Bradley-Terry ratings or the ECAC Prediction page on TBRW? going to be updated for 2005? Just curious...[/q]

Hadn't realized there was a webserver on slack yet; for some reason my cron job isn't running, but I just ran it again by hand. The playoff possibilities page usually goes up once the travel-partner series are over, although Harvard and Brown have an annoying late Tuesday game. But I'll probably have it up next week.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 02:12PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

It was when the MAAC got an auto-bid. Before that each conference was guaranteed two bids (out of 12) and the Colorado College Rule gave the second bid to the regular-season winner if they weren't also the tournament champion.[/q]

If the RS winner was the conference tourney winner, who did the second bid go to? 2nd in the RS? Tourney runner-up?

Date: January 30, 2005 02:18PM

[Q]Dart~Ben Wrote:

Al DeFlorio Wrote:
Seems to me they dropped the auto-bid for regular-season "champion" when the two new conferences came into being.[/Q]
Not really. Any conference could award its automatic bid to its regular season champion if it wanted to. Hell, a conference could draw lots to see who got its automatic bid if it really wanted to.
[/q]
Yes, really.

The NCAA extended an auto-bid to the so-called regular season champion for six years: 1995-2000. In 2001 the NCAA stopped doing it and left it up to the individual conferences to choose the criterion for each conference's one auto-bid.

Date: January 30, 2005 03:11PM

Alright, I agree he's good and was trying not to woof by saying as high as the 3rd round. Of course it would be great if he goes in the 1st round.

He's not all that big compared to some of the current NHL guys, but he is only 18 and a true Frosh, but his potential is incredible.

Date: January 30, 2005 03:29PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

jtwcornell91 Wrote:

It was when the MAAC got an auto-bid. Before that each conference was guaranteed two bids (out of 12) and the Colorado College Rule gave the second bid to the regular-season winner if they weren't also the tournament champion.[/Q]
If the RS winner was the conference tourney winner, who did the second bid go to? 2nd in the RS? Tourney runner-up?[/q]

The next-best team according to the selection criteria. It never came up, but would have if Clarkson had won the ECACs in 1995. There was a lot of griping about it from Brown fans on Hockey-L because UVM was next in line even though Brown finished ahead of them in the regular season.

ETA: Here are some of the posts:

Luis Valente (Brown) being a blowhard: [lists.maine.edu]
John Haeussler (Michigan) calling him out for it: [lists.maine.edu]
Mike Machnik (Merrimack) spelling out the selection criteria: [lists.maine.edu]
Keith Instone (BGSU) confirming how the committee works: [lists.maine.edu]

[baiting adam]Of course, Brown only got knocked out of the ECACs that year because of Princeton's clutch-and-grab play in the quarterfinals [/baiting adam]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2005 03:47PM by jtwcornell91.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 04:08PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

He's 6'5 with an excellent offensive skills. Pokuluk will go first round. If he played for Michigan or BC, etc. and came out of the NDP, he would go top 10. He is better than Whitney was a couple years ago when Whitney was taken 5th overall.[/q]
IMHO, LeNeveu and Pokulok have the highest "NHL potential" of players i've seen in a cornell sweater. i agree with ari and think (if/when there is an NHL) Sasha will definitely go in the first round.

Date: January 30, 2005 10:23PM

[q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:
Yes, really.

The NCAA extended an auto-bid to the so-called regular season champion for six years: 1995-2000. In 2001 the NCAA stopped doing it and left it up to the individual conferences to choose the criterion for each conference's one auto-bid.[/q]

My point, though, is that the NCAA didn't eliminate the possibility of the regular season champion getting an auto-bid, they merely stopped hockey's unique practice of giving two automatic bids per conference and brought the sport in line with every other major sport by giving just one auto bid per conference.

The regular season champion could still get an automatic bid if the conference decided it wanted to award it that way, with the main example of that being the Ivy League in virtually every sport (baseball excepted).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2005 10:24PM by Dart~Ben.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: January 31, 2005 02:33AM

[q]I have enough white hairs worrying about Cornell winning. Why would I concern myself with Colgate's getting an at-large NCAA bid? [/q]You've got first order rooting and second order rooting. First order of business is Cornell winning every game... this I worry about. The rest of the conference doing well is good for Cornell in the long run so I'm rooting for a good finish. But if Colgate drops out of contention while Cornell gets in I won't lose any sleep over it. Second order.

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 31, 2005 08:49PM

not sure if you guys saw this from the uscho recap for the slu(t) - cornell game

"Our kids played extremely well," said Marsh. "It's deceiving because most of our energy was spent playing defense, but that's okay because we've spent most of our energy this year playing offense."

"Cornell creates a lot of energy in here. The crowd is a tremendous advantage for them, and this is the toughest place in the league to play by far. By far."

[www.uscho.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2005 08:49PM by jy3.

Date: January 31, 2005 10:23PM

[Q]ben03 Wrote:
IMHO, LeNeveu and Pokulok have the highest "NHL potential" of players i've seen in a cornell sweater.[/q]
My top ten, going back to '82, and considering only the feeling at the height of their college career, would be:

1. Joe Nieuwendyk
2. Kent Manderville
3. Dave LeNeveu
4. Parris Duffus
5. Doug Murray
6. Dan Ratushny
7. Doug Dadswell
8. Darren Eliot
9. Ryan Hughes
10. Mark McRae

I'm still shaking my head as to why neither Duffus nor Ratushny stuck. And I'm shocked, amazed, and pleased to death that Chartrand made it, and that Dadswell stuck for so long.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login