Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Keep voting For McKee

Posted by CJ 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keep voting For McKee
Posted by: CJ (---.ded.swbell.net)
Date: January 25, 2005 05:52PM

help

Don't forget to vote every day for the Hobey Baker award. David is still in 5th place, all he needs is to stay in the top 10 to go to the next phase.

Keep up the good work and Go Cornell :-}

CJ

Re: Keep voting For McKee
Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 26, 2005 02:16AM

Don't forget, if you have a Cornell email address and a fairly unusual name you may have:

netID@cornell.edu
lastname@cornell.edu
firstname.lastname@cornell.edu

Shameless? Yes
Effective? Possibly
Worth it? Absolutely

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: January 26, 2005 08:28AM

[Q]BCrespi Wrote:

Don't forget, if you have a Cornell email address and a fairly unusual name you may have:

netID@cornell.edu
lastname@cornell.edu
firstname.lastname@cornell.edu

Shameless? Yes
Effective? Possibly
Worth it? Absolutely[/q]

Actually not. If they catch you voting from multiple email addresses, they will cancel all of your votes.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: January 26, 2005 08:58AM

INCH has a list of who they think deserves the Hobey so far this year. McKee is #5.

[www.insidecollegehockey.com]

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 26, 2005 10:39AM

It's good to see McKee getting some attention. But one wonders if they really think McKee is a top contender or if he's just their token goaltender pick.

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: January 26, 2005 10:46AM

Probably a combination of real respect, eye-popping numbers, and the Cloak of Impregnability associated with Cornell goaltending, c.f. Notre Dame QB, USC tailback, etc...

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: January 26, 2005 11:15AM

Or their token ECAC pick, for that matter.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.rapiddevelopers.com)
Date: January 26, 2005 01:28PM

Anybody else having trouble reaching the Hobey website today?

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 26, 2005 01:59PM

Yes I am having trouble as well!

Posted by: Bio '04 (---.net.nih.gov)
Date: January 26, 2005 03:59PM

I also had problems getting to the Hobey site (as well as INCH... don't know if that's related) but I was able to log on recently and vote. Last I checked, there's two people from the ECAC in the top 10 (McKee and Mifsud from UVM).

Posted by: cj (---.ded.swbell.net)
Date: January 26, 2005 04:41PM

:-(
Yeah me too

I could log on but could not vote or check the current standings.

screwy

Date: January 26, 2005 04:57PM

the site is up and running nut :-)

Posted by: Beeeej (---.rapiddevelopers.com)
Date: January 26, 2005 05:11PM

I'm still having exactly the same problem - I can get to the Hobey homepage, but can't get to the voting page.

Must be the damn Michigan Techies behind it!

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Brian (128.226.95.---)
Date: January 26, 2005 05:16PM

I just tried again and it said that its down for routine maintenance. stupid

Posted by: Nate 04 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 26, 2005 05:25PM

I was just able to get in and vote. McKee still in fifth.

I don't understand these online voting techniques of letting people vote multiple times. My guess is that it is to counter the affect of people casting multiple ballots from multiple identities (emails). I always thought it wierd for baseballs all-star game that you get to vote 25 times. It makes someone's vote who has more time on their hands more important than someone else who only has time to vote once. Any one know for sure?

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: January 26, 2005 10:13PM

[Q]It makes someone's vote who has more time on their hands more important than someone else who only has time to vote once.[/Q]It works exactly like ordinary representative government. B-]

Date: January 27, 2005 06:25AM

I would like to protest for I was unable to cast my votes yesterday and the site is still being problematic again this morning. I am not the only one that was unable to cast my votes yesterday.:-(

Misleading headline of the week...
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 27, 2005 07:14AM

[www.cornellsun.com]

Re: Misleading headline of the week...
Posted by: Nate 04 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 27, 2005 08:15AM

Too bad they didn't add the a link to the site. Imagine having even a fraction of the Cornell students and all others who read the paper voting just once. That would really push up Cornell players numbers.

Date: January 27, 2005 09:01AM

Don't know if anyone reads them, but the link could probably be put in the "feedback" section of the article.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 27, 2005 09:25AM

>>> Cornell Boasts Nine Hobey Finalists

... and it could have been ten "finalists" had Troy not been so selfish and left the team. I would have voted for the guy.

Date: January 27, 2005 09:35AM

I just submitted feedback with a link to the voting site, but it has to be approved by a moderator before it shows up on the article page.

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.wireless.wm.edu)
Date: January 27, 2005 09:55AM

Your wit never ceases to amaze you, does it bill?

Date: January 27, 2005 12:09PM

I want to be backup for Bill Scheft if he ever goes down.

Date: January 27, 2005 02:03PM

McKee holding up nicely at #5. Vote early and often.

Date: January 27, 2005 03:05PM

:-)

Dave is in 4th place now.

lets keep up the good work. ;-)

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 27, 2005 04:04PM

[q]I always thought it wierd for baseballs all-star game that you get to vote 25 times.[/q]Voting only 25 times? Yeah right. Maybe online. But nothing stops you from voting as many times as you want by paper ballot. Simply by using a pen one could punch out stacks of ballots at the same time. I remember back in 1987, I was at Yankee Stadium on the last day of the voting. I must've punched out 300 or more ballots that afternoon. Willie Randolph got the starting nod for the AL at 2B by a smaller margin (and he deserved it that year).

Date: January 27, 2005 04:13PM

Moulson is close to breaking into the top 20! I hope he gets and stays in the top 20 in case he gets hot. Which could happen this weekend, players seem to be getting healthier around him and they are getting used to playing together on the power play unit.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nycmny83.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: January 27, 2005 04:56PM

[Q]CJ Wrote:Dave is in 4th place now.[/q]

...and damn close to 3rd.

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: January 27, 2005 05:08PM

Two votes out of third as of 5:08 PM.

Date: January 27, 2005 05:42PM

As of 5:42pm, now in third. Let's keep him up there!

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Date: January 28, 2005 07:03AM

McKee in 3rd, Moulson in 20th, as of this post.

Date: January 28, 2005 10:30AM

Did you notice that a Siglet from Bowling Green is challenging McKee but another Siglet (from Bowling Green) is challenging Moulson also! Too bad it wasn't the Abbott's vs. Siglet's!!!crazy I imagine the are related (maybe even twins), are they really that good?

Friday morning
Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: January 28, 2005 10:31AM

Also, Downs has moved ahead of Hynes...

lgr...

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: January 28, 2005 10:56AM

[Q]Brian Wrote:

Did you notice that a Siglet from Bowling Green is challenging McKee but another Siglet (from Bowling Green) is challenging Moulson also! Too bad it wasn't the Abbott's vs. Siglet's!!! I imagine the are related (maybe even twins), are they really that good?[/q]

They are five years apart in age, so it is unlikely that they are twins. rolleyes . Jordan Sigalet is the one who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2005 10:58AM

I'm assuming you're talking about the Sigalet brothers. Don't know about the skater, but the goalie has posted pretty impressive numbers this year. He's battling MS, recently diagnosed, so he can't play in every game, but he's posted something like a .917 in the games he has played. Pretty impressive for a guy with numbness in both hands.

There's an article about him in the latest edition of the USCHO Magazine.

Date: January 28, 2005 11:14AM

So he is probably getting some sympathy votes as well, not to mention national attention due to his diagnosis. Do you think writers would be more inclined to give him the Hobey to draw more attention to the sport and the award itself?

Date: January 28, 2005 11:23AM

I don't know about the writers, but the article does say that he's not looking for pity awards. Seems like he specifically mentioned that to the reporter. He's just hoping he can play well enough to help the team - and based on his numbers, he can - and he hopes to get in touch with other people battling the illness.

I doubt he'll win the Hobey on the basis of sympathy, but who knows? They may elect to give him an award for impressive play in the face of adversity or something.

Posted by: RichH (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2005 12:16PM

[Q]Tom Lento Wrote:

I'm assuming you're talking about the Sigalet brothers. Don't know about the skater, but the goalie has posted pretty impressive numbers this year. He's battling MS, recently diagnosed, so he can't play in every game, but he's posted something like a .917 in the games he has played. Pretty impressive for a guy with numbness in both hands.

There's an article about him in the latest edition of the USCHO Magazine.[/q]

Well, he impressed a lot of Cornell fans, including myself, last season during BGSU's trip to Lynah. It was before his MS was diagnosed. He's definitely got skills...37 Cornell shots, 1 GA.

From [elf.elynah.com]
[Q]Avash '05 wrote:
I forget who mentioned it already, but Sigalet (BGSU's goalie) made a RIDICULOUS save in third period. He was down on his knees, and he reached up behind him and caught a puck that was headed for the open net. I really could not believe it. That guy really kept them in the game; he had a quick glove, and was easily the first star.[/Q]

Posted by: duffs4 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 01:48PM

He's fallen back to fourth, keep voting!

Date: January 29, 2005 01:55PM

[Q]duffs4 Wrote:

He's fallen back to fourth, keep voting![/q]
He's also fallen behind Mattie Five-hole in GAA after last night.

Posted by: ben03 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2005 02:04PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:
He's also fallen behind Mattie Five-hole in GAA after last night.[/q]
i've always called him Mattie-over-my-shoulder-top-shelf-game-winner-Kaltiainen

... but i could be biased :-D

Posted by: dss28 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: January 30, 2005 11:22AM

Points Name Team Pos. Year
4576 Colin Murphy Michigan Tech F Sr.
4235 Marty Sertich Colorado College F Jr.
4131 Jordan Sigalet Bowling Green G Sr.
3617 David McKee Cornell G So.

Date: January 30, 2005 11:33AM

McKee 4th, Moulson 20th. How many make it to the next round? Is there any advantage to McKee being higher, or should we reverse the McKee/Moulson votes to bring Moulson up?

Posted by: jkahn (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: January 30, 2005 11:49AM

[Q]Greg Berge Wrote:

McKee 4th, Moulson 20th. How many make it to the next round? Is there any advantage to McKee being higher, or should we reverse the McKee/Moulson votes to bring Moulson up?[/Q]
Ten advance, but it's not the fans' top ten that you see in the current standings. From the Hobey website:
"Preliminary Voting: Running from Monday, Jan. 24, through Sunday, March 6, fans may cast one ballot per day for their first-, second- and third-place choices for the Hobey Baker Award. The fans' tally will be combined with the votes of the 58 Division I head coaches to determine the 10 finalists for the award."
So the fans' vote is likely only 1/59 of the total. How the fans' vote is combined with the coaches' vote is a mystery, as the coaches don't vote for a top ten, but "Every head hockey coach at an accredited Division I NCAA school receives one ballot. Coaches are asked to pick the top three players in their league and the top three players in the nation (two separate rankings, three players each; a player may be listed in both places, and a coach can vote for his own player).
Coaches from 58 schools are eligible. The ballots are tabulated by an accounting firm, and the top ten candidates are named. "

Date: January 30, 2005 11:56AM

So it's probably best to keep pimping McKee, since (1) he's higher to begin with and (2) he's more likely to gain coaches votes and actually get through to the real finalists.

Date: January 30, 2005 11:56AM

[Q]jkahn Wrote:

Greg Berge Wrote:

McKee 4th, Moulson 20th. How many make it to the next round? Is there any advantage to McKee being higher, or should we reverse the McKee/Moulson votes to bring Moulson up?[/Q]
Ten advance, but it's not the fans' top ten that you see in the current standings. From the Hobey website:
"Preliminary Voting: Running from Monday, Jan. 24, through Sunday, March 6, fans may cast one ballot per day for their first-, second- and third-place choices for the Hobey Baker Award. The fans' tally will be combined with the votes of the 58 Division I head coaches to determine the 10 finalists for the award."
So the fans' vote is likely only 1/59 of the total. How the fans' vote is combined with the coaches' vote is a mystery, as the coaches don't vote for a top ten, but "Every head hockey coach at an accredited Division I NCAA school receives one ballot. Coaches are asked to pick the top three players in their league and the top three players in the nation (two separate rankings, three players each; a player may be listed in both places, and a coach can vote for his own player).
Coaches from 58 schools are eligible. The ballots are tabulated by an accounting firm, and the top ten candidates are named. "[/q]
And the results are kept in a hermetically-sealed mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnalls's porch.

Date: January 30, 2005 11:57AM

Although to be honest, I think Moulson is starting to make a compelling argument for being a legitimate contender himself.

Re: Harvard's Brendan Bernakevitch
Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 12:02PM

Anyone want to explain to me how Brendan Bernakevitch is Harvard's #2 vote getter, while Welch, with half the votes of Bernakevitch, is a distant 3rd? Am I missing something?

Date: January 30, 2005 12:09PM

[Q]atb9 Wrote:

Anyone want to explain to me how Brendan Bernakevitch is Harvard's #2 vote getter, while Welch, with half the votes of Bernakevitch, is a distant 3rd? Am I missing something?[/q]
Goons don't attract voters? nut

Date: January 30, 2005 12:21PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

atb9 Wrote:

Anyone want to explain to me how Brendan Bernakevitch is Harvard's #2 vote getter, while Welch, with half the votes of Bernakevitch, is a distant 3rd? Am I missing something?[/Q]
Goons don't attract voters?[/q]

Ha! I'm fine with that but what about Cavanagh? Maybe I'm looking into this too much...I just saw the name Bernakevitch and did a double-take trying to picture him in my head...that doesn't happen often with Harvard players.

Date: January 30, 2005 12:27PM

[Q]atb9 Wrote:

Ha! I'm fine with that but what about Cavanagh?[/q]
Can't help you regarding Cavanagh. I'm just glad he's finally graduating.

Posted by: Avash (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 01:30PM

[Q]atb9 Wrote:

Al DeFlorio Wrote:

atb9 Wrote:

Anyone want to explain to me how Brendan Bernakevitch is Harvard's #2 vote getter, while Welch, with half the votes of Bernakevitch, is a distant 3rd? Am I missing something?[/Q]
Goons don't attract voters?[/Q]
Ha! I'm fine with that but what about Cavanagh? Maybe I'm looking into this too much...I just saw the name Bernakevitch and did a double-take trying to picture him in my head...that doesn't happen often with Harvard players.[/q]

If I'm not mistaken, in the 2003 ECAC Final, I believe it was Bernakevitch who made a nice power move to go right around Charlie Cook and drive the net. The puck appeared to go in as the whistle was blown, but the goal was called off.

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: January 30, 2005 02:51PM

[Q]ursaminor Wrote:

Brian Wrote:

I imagine the are related (maybe even twins), are they really that good?[/Q]
They are five years apart in age, so it is unlikely that they are twins. [/q]

Actually, the record is 110 days. :-O

[www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov]

Posted by: ugarte (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 30, 2005 03:27PM

[Q]jeh25 Wrote:

ursaminor Wrote:

Brian Wrote:

I imagine the are related (maybe even twins), are they really that good?[/Q]
They are five years apart in age, so it is unlikely that they are twins. [/Q]
Actually, the record is 110 days.[/q]Shouldn't the "record" go to twins that both survived the pregnancy?

Date: January 31, 2005 07:28AM

[Q]ugarte Wrote:
Shouldn't the "record" go to twins that both survived the pregnancy?[/q]
Give the record to the mother (or you'll never hear the end of it.)

Date: January 31, 2005 11:22AM

5125	Colin Murphy	Michigan Tech	F	Sr.
5094	Jordan Sigalet	Bowling Green	G	Sr.
4729	Marty Sertich	Colorado College	F	Jr.
4192	David McKee	Cornell		G	So.
3758	Keni Gibson		Northeastern	G	Sr.
3410	Scott Mifsud	Vermont		F	Sr.
3374	Bernd Bruckler	Wisconsin		G	Sr.
2953	Barret Ehgoetz	Niagara		F	Sr.
2888	Jason Guerriero	Northeastern	F	Sr.
2808	Brent Walton	Western Michigan	F	Jr.
2578	Tuomas Tarkki	Northern Mich	G	Sr.
2356	Brett Sterling	Colorado College	F	Jr.
2341	Kevin Croxton	Rensselaer		F	Jr.
2105	Jonathan Sigalet	Bowling Green	D	So.
1967	Ryan Potulny	Minnesota		F	So.
1918	Ryan Gale		Niagara		F	Sr.
1900	Matt Moulson	Cornell		F	Jr.
1875	Danny Irmen	Minnesota		F	So.

Looks like a lot more people are voting for Jordan Sigalet as of late since he's moved up to 2nd in voting. McKee is in 4th and Moulson's moved up to 17th. :-)

Date: January 31, 2005 11:58AM

[q] Although to be honest, I think Moulson is starting to make a compelling argument for being a legitimate contender himself.[/q]Oh please. Moulson has been fantastic of late and he's certaonly carrying a lot of the offensive load for the team. But he doesn't show in the top 20 in scoring (NCAA). There is absolutely no chance that he'll get a Hobey nomination, let alone win. The basic numbers (goals, points) rule the day for this kind of award, not any sabermetric stats we can devise (which on another thread Bill Howard showed do not favor Moulson that much anyway).

Date: January 31, 2005 12:39PM

However, Cornell is known as a defensive team, so to see Moulson tear it up as he has of late, he could get considered by voters. He needs to stay consistent through this stretch run. Based on the games this past weekend Moulson deserves the first place votes over McKee, not saying McKee was horrible but he was outplayed by McKenna.

Date: January 31, 2005 02:17PM

[Q]Brian Wrote:
Based on the games this past weekend Moulson deserves the first place votes over McKee, not saying McKee was horrible but he was outplayed by McKenna.[/q]

Was McKee really outplayed by McKenna? Because McKenna faced more shots? Nothing went by McKee and it sounded like he was controlling his rebounds--sounds perfect to me.

Now if you want to talk about the two Clarkson goals...

Date: January 31, 2005 02:27PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

Although to be honest, I think Moulson is starting to make a compelling argument for being a legitimate contender himself.[/Q]
Oh please. Moulson has been fantastic of late and he's certaonly carrying a lot of the offensive load for the team. But he doesn't show in the top 20 in scoring (NCAA). There is absolutely no chance that he'll get a Hobey nomination, let alone win. The basic numbers (goals, points) rule the day for this kind of award, not any sabermetric stats we can devise (which on another thread Bill Howard showed do not favor Moulson that much anyway).[/q]

I meant contender = "deserving to be considered as a finalist," not "going to win." He's starting to look like he might be the most gifted scorer in the conference. That's nothing to "oh please" at. screwy

Date: January 31, 2005 02:29PM

[q]However, Cornell is known as a defensive team, so to see Moulson tear it up as he has of late, he could get considered by voters.[/q]You're kidding yourself. Certainly Moulson should get "credit" for the context. But that's not how it works with the voting. Forwards win the Hobey based on gaudy offensive numbers. Defensemen too. Goalies need exceptional defensive numbers combined with a lack of outstanding offensive candidates in order to win. And LeNeveu shows that this isn't always enough.

Not trying to be antagonistic here, just realistic. I'd love to see Cornell players get recognized on the national stage. I just think it's unlikely to happen this year

Edit: I posted this right at the same time that Greg posted his follow up above. To make it clear, I agree that Moulson deserves some consideration. I just don't think he will get it.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2005 02:31PM by KeithK.

Date: January 31, 2005 05:25PM

I am referring to the weekend as a whole. The Colgate/St. Lawrence game was played in the St. Lawrence end for most of the first period due to stupid penalties, including several 5 on 3 situations. To only let up one goal, that's spectacular, not to mention he controlled pratically ever rebound in front of the net against us. I will say that we were off the mark for most of the game though, a lot of our shots weren't even close to being on net, especially Cook early on. But overall, I would give goalie of the week to McKenna over McKee. McKee seems to be having problems controlling his rebounds of late. There were several times this weekend where our defense could have been helped out by controlling the rebounds, something to work on.

Date: January 31, 2005 06:20PM

McKee was absolutely outplayed by McKenna in the Cornell-SLU game. I don't know if McKenna would be consistently better over the course of a season, but McKee is not nearly as good as his numbers (he's a pretty good goaltender, but his numbers are ridiculous) and McKenna played like he's better than his numbers would indicate.

This has nothing to do with the number of shots faced. McKenna stayed in position, generally stayed under control, and stuffed several high-quality chances. He got away with a couple of mistakes, but in the end it took a wicked wrister off a great setup to beat him. He deserved to be the winning goalie in that game.

At the other end, McKee was pulling himself out of position by chasing wide shots, leaving the post open, and apparently having some trouble following the puck as he was slow to recover more than once (he may also be banged up). He also left some big rebounds out in front and got lucky on a couple of open nets where the SLU players just plain missed. On the other hand, he stuffed a couple of good scoring chances in the third to preserve both the 0-0 tie and the 1-0 lead, stayed tough down low, and ended up with a shutout, so it's not like he had a terrible night or anything. I just think McKenna was better.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 06:21PM

[Q]Brian Wrote:
But overall, I would give goalie of the week to McKenna over McKee.[/q]
Here are the numbers for the ECACHL goalies:

(W,W) David McKee              .956%  (44/46)  1.00 GAA (2GA)
(W,W) Dan Yacey                .938%  (45/48)  1.50 GAA (3GA)
(W,W) Dov Grumet-Morris        .925%  (37/40)  1.50 GAA (3GA)
(W,W) Adam D'Alba              .914%  (53/58)  2.50 GAA (5GA)
(W,L) Steve Silverthorn        .935%  (43/46)  1.50 GAA (3GA)
(L,L) Mike McKenna             .945%  (69/73)  2.00 GAA (4GA)

as much as i agree that McKenna stood on his head, it's hard to give goalie of the week to a two loss netminder.
i think it'll be a toss-up between McKee and Yacey. again, i know these awards are pretty meaningless but whatever :-)
i think all six of these guys had pretty good weekends (by the numbers anyway)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2005 06:24PM by ben03.

Date: January 31, 2005 06:28PM

Haven't a couple of goalies (SLU, Union) had super games against Cornell ... in defeat?

If McKee is having his ups and downs, it still wasn't enough to convince Davenport he saw light at the end of the tunnel.

Posted by: Avash (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 06:45PM

In the 8 games played in 2005, McKee has a 7-1 record, a 1.00 GAA and a .953 save percentage, with 2 shutouts. Not bad. He's had to play well, since only one of those 8 games (the 5-0 win @ RPI) was decided by more than 2 goals.

Date: January 31, 2005 08:00PM

Only a .853 Pct and 1.00 GAA? Man, McKee really sucks...

Re: Keep voting For Moulson and McKee
Date: January 31, 2005 08:15PM

Moulson is up to 15th while McKee is holding steady at 4th! Great job, guys!

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 08:45PM

[Q]Avash '05 Wrote:

In the 8 games played in 2005, McKee has a 7-1 record, a 1.00 GAA and a .953 save percentage, with 2 shutouts. Not bad.
[/q]
Since the topic du-jour is precision and significant digits, I get his GAA for January to be 0.994, thanks to the Union OT game. (Using game minutes in USCHO's box scores)

Date: January 31, 2005 09:08PM

[Q]RichH Wrote:

Avash '05 Wrote:

In the 8 games played in 2005, McKee has a 7-1 record, a 1.00 GAA and a .953 save percentage, with 2 shutouts. Not bad.
[/Q]
Since the topic du-jour is precision and significant digits, I get his GAA for January to be 0.994, thanks to the Union OT game. (Using game minutes in USCHO's box scores)
[/q]
That's six goals given up on one thousand shots-on-goal. David musta been pretty busy in January. ;-)

Date: January 31, 2005 09:55PM

[q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:
[q]Since the topic du-jour is precision and significant digits, I get his GAA for January to be 0.994, thanks to the Union OT game. (Using game minutes in USCHO's box scores)
[/Q]
That's six goals given up on one thousand shots-on-goal. David musta been pretty busy in January.[/q]

It would be if he'd said "Save %" instead of "GAA."

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2005 09:56PM by Beeeej.

Date: January 31, 2005 10:14PM

What is the weighting on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place votes? 3:2:1? 5:3:1?

Date: January 31, 2005 10:37PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

Al DeFlorio Wrote:
[/Q]
That's six goals given up on one thousand shots-on-goal. David musta been pretty busy in January.[/Q]
It would be if he'd said "Save %" instead of "GAA."

Beeeej[/q]
Oops. Got me. Not used to seeing GAA below 1.0. uhoh screwy

Posted by: Dart~Ben (66.240.10.---)
Date: February 01, 2005 02:49PM

[Q]Greg Berge Wrote:

What is the weighting on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place votes? 3:2:1? 5:3:1?[/q]

5:3:1

Date: February 01, 2005 03:02PM

Well it looks like neither McKee nor McKenna get goalie of the week. Traylen gets that honor:

[www.ecachockeyleague.com]

But McKee and Moulson make it to the honor roll.

Re: Eruzione on Jordan Sigalet
Date: February 01, 2005 08:58PM

[www.collegesports.com]

Mike Eruzione: At the beginning of the year, I predicted Jimmy Howards from Maine. But after reading the Sports Illustrated article about the goalie for Bowling Green (Jordan Sigalet), I'd it to him on principle alone.

Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 02, 2005 08:50AM

Point proven, sympathy votes!

Re: Keep voting For McKee [scare off recruits]
Date: February 02, 2005 09:13AM

Say McKee actually made the final round of ten Hobey nominees. Some hotshot netminder out of the Chilliwack Chiefs is going to see the publicity, recall that Davenport bailed, and sign on with Colgate instead.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: February 02, 2005 10:26AM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

Say McKee actually made the final round of ten Hobey nominees. Some hotshot netminder out of the Chilliwack Chiefs is going to see the publicity, recall that Davenport bailed, and sign on with Colgate instead.

No good deed goes unpunished. [/q] Actually, Chilliwack's goalie has committed to Northern Michigan. :-D

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 02, 2005 05:50PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

No good deed goes unpunished. [/q]

Or he'll remember that Lenny was in the same spot too and then picture himself being an automatic Hobey finalist with Cornell by his Junior year.

Date: February 03, 2005 12:25AM

This was posted on USCHO:

"McKee's family business has all their employees voting [for David to win the hobey](100's of playground-equipment franchise locations...)."

Very interesting. His parents are diehard and I like it! B-]

Date: February 03, 2005 05:17AM

They better vote harder; David is starting to slide a little, and may be down to fifth by the end of today.

Date: February 03, 2005 08:45AM

He is already now in fifth.

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Date: February 03, 2005 11:04AM

Northeastern is mobilizing their fanbase better than we are right now. That's sad.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2005 11:26AM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

He is already now in fifth.

Beeeej[/q]
my vote just tied him for 4th :-)

Date: February 03, 2005 12:02PM

[q] Northeastern is mobilizing their fanbase better than we are right now. That's sad.[/q]Oh, I don't think so. I'm a plenty interested and motivated COrnell hockey fan, but I can't be bothered to vote in "Stuff for Hobey" because I know how silly and basically meaningless it is. (Not to mention the fact that I don't think McKee is the best player in college hockey this year...)

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2005 12:06PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

Northeastern is mobilizing their fanbase better than we are right now. That's sad.[/Q]
Oh, I don't think so. I'm a plenty interested and motivated COrnell hockey fan, but I can't be bothered to vote in "Stuff for Hobey" because I know how silly and basically meaningless it is. (Not to mention the fact that I don't think McKee is the best player in college hockey this year...)[/q]
Ditto.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.bc.yu.edu)
Date: February 03, 2005 12:23PM

I sent an e-mail this morning to a bunch of friends who I thought might be interested in voting but who probably aren't regular Forum readers, and asked them to pass it along to their such friends as well... if they don't care, or don't think McKee's the best, that's their prerogative (and yours, obviously), but it's still fun to participate in the voting and try to affect the outcome.

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Date: February 03, 2005 01:16PM

Of course online Vote for Hobey is basically meaningless. In my mind, the whole point of the endeavor is to give a fanbase bragging rights over other fanbases, in that we're able to mobilize our supposedly large fanbase better than others. In other words, we need to mobilize above and beyond so I can better compete in USCHO flamefests. :-D

Date: February 03, 2005 01:53PM

In the long run, everything's meaningless... ;-)

Date: February 03, 2005 02:11PM

I don't disagree with that Beeeej. If it's a fun exercise in fandom then more power to you. It may be meaningless, but it's also completely harmless. I was just replying to Will's scomment about Northeastern rounding up more votes. Of course, his next post acknowledges that the point is ammo for USCHO flamefests, so it's clear he's not taking it seriously either (which I knew in the first place, so why did I post on this thread again? :-) ).

Posted by: duffs4 (209.150.239.---)
Date: February 03, 2005 02:51PM

1 David McKee, So, COR 21 15-4-2 1261:04 30 432 .935 1.43
Matti Kaltiainen, Sr, BC 13 9-3-1 796:52 19 269 .934 1.43
3 Adam D'Alba, Fr, BN 14 9-2-2 792:35 23 369 .941 1.74
4 Dov Grumet-Morris, Sr, HU 17 11-4-2 991:38 29 463 .941 1.75
5 Cory Schneider, Fr, BC 11 8-0-3 679:37 20 232 .921 1.77
6 Tuomas Tarkki, Sr, NMU 20 11-5-3 1127:12 34 522 .939 1.81
7 Steve Silverthorn, Sr, COL 24 18-6-0 1415:18 46 500 .916 1.95
8 John Curry, So, BU 21 12-7-1 1209:21 40 475 .922 1.98
9 Jim Howard, Jr, ME 27 13-8-6 1570:27 52 558 .915 1.99
Philippe Lamoureux, Fr, UND 14 7-5-2 845:20 28 325 .921 1.99

Looks like he's doing pretty good vs. his NCAA competition. He get's my vote.

Date: February 03, 2005 03:49PM

1 David McKee, So, COR 21 15-4-2 1261:04 30 432 .935 1.43 
1 Matti Kaltiainen, Sr, BC 13 9-3-1 796:52 19 269 .934 1.43 
3 Adam D'Alba, Fr, BN 14 9-2-2 792:35 23 369 .941 1.74 
4 Dov Grumet-Morris, Sr, HU 17 11-4-2 991:38 29 463 .941 1.75 
5 Cory Schneider, Fr, BC 11 8-0-3 679:37 20 232 .921 1.77 
6 Tuomas Tarkki, Sr, NMU 20 11-5-3 1127:12 34 522 .939 1.81 
7 Steve Silverthorn, Sr, COL 24 18-6-0 1415:18 46 500 .916 1.95 
8 John Curry, So, BU 21 12-7-1 1209:21 40 475 .922 1.98 
9 Jim Howard, Jr, ME 27 13-8-6 1570:27 52 558 .915 1.99 
9 Philippe Lamoureux, Fr, UND 14 7-5-2 845:20 28 325 .921 1.99

McKee also looks good in L column. The goalies with fewer losses are splitting time.

Not to say nice things about the Bruins, but Brown has jumped seamlessly from good goalie to good goalie. Not the Cornell didn't and for a bunch of years.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.37.16.243.adsl.snet.net)
Date: February 03, 2005 04:26PM

McKee's in danger of falling another spot:
David McKee 6372
Keni Gibson (N'eastern) 6293
(as of 4:30 Thurs.)

Let's keep voting!

Posted by: Beeeej (---.bc.yu.edu)
Date: February 03, 2005 05:24PM

If it were an award for the best goalie in the NCAA, it'd be a complete no-brainer - especially for Cornellians - to vote for Dave. But it's not, it's for the best hockey player in the NCAA, and I'd have to agree, there are probably better hockey players, though how you measure goalies against forwards and defensemen is a rather open-ended philosophical question.

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Date: February 03, 2005 09:24PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

Northeastern is mobilizing their fanbase better than we are right now. That's sad.[/Q]
Oh, I don't think so. I'm a plenty interested and motivated COrnell hockey fan, but I can't be bothered to vote in "Stuff for Hobey" because I know how silly and basically meaningless it is. (Not to mention the fact that I don't think McKee is the best player in college hockey this year...)[/q]

Sigalet in first must be killing you! ;-) Which is worse, sympathy-stuff or homer-stuff?

Posted by: dbilmes (69.37.16.---)
Date: February 04, 2005 07:29PM

Voted yesterday, and then went to vote today but was told I had already voted. Seems they registered yesterday's vote as today's even though I voted around 4 pm yesterday. Interesting...

Posted by: duffs4 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 04, 2005 10:17PM

After watching the Colgate game I would say that McKee is easily one of the best NCAA Players. Without him tonights game could have easily gone to 'gate. McKee for Hobey, keep voting!

Date: February 04, 2005 10:20PM

[Q]duffs4 Wrote:

After watching the Colgate game I would say that McKee is easily one of the best NCAA Players. Without him tonights game could have easily gone to 'gate. McKee for Hobey, keep voting![/q]

It won't let me vote! It says my vote from yesterday was cast today and that I didn't vote yesterday! :-(

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login