Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

ECAC Semifinals

Posted by RichH 
ECAC Semifinals
Posted by: RichH (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2004 05:09PM

Clarkson up 1-0. Penalty shot upcoming for Clarkson after a takedown on a SH breakaway.

Silverthorn stops Blight.

First goal was scored after Nickerson had a Noah Welch type fall-down at the blue line. He managed to poke it to a teammate, who set up a nice one-timer.

Colgate just tied it. 1 minute left in the first.

A few of us are on #lynah
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2004 05:12PM by .

Re: ECAC Semifinals
Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.253.86.124-dhcp.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 19, 2004 05:16PM

you can watch the game here:

[ne.cn8.tv]

Date: March 19, 2004 05:18PM

1-1 end of 1

Posted by: ugarte (65.217.153.---)
Date: March 19, 2004 05:57PM

Clarkson 2-1. Nice goal.

Posted by: dss28 (---.dmca.yale.edu)
Date: March 19, 2004 06:07PM

For those of us accessing this site from Macs in computer labs (read: me ;-) )... is there an audio link, or an alternate way of viewing/listening to the games that doesn't require Windows Media?

2d Int: Clarkson 2, Colgate 1
Posted by: ugarte (65.217.153.---)
Date: March 19, 2004 06:09PM

the info is in the subject line

Posted by: Bahnstorm (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2004 06:11PM

Here is audio only:
[media.yahoo.com]

Date: March 19, 2004 06:11PM

This was on USCHO. I haven't tried it, though.

[media.yahoo.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2004 06:12PM by .

Posted by: dss28 (---.dmca.yale.edu)
Date: March 19, 2004 06:16PM

Tried it... ah well. Thanks anyway!

I'll just keep watching the livestats and refreshing this thread until rehearsal starts up again :)

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 19, 2004 06:41PM

You could just get Windows Media Player for Mac

Posted by: dss28 (---.drama.yale.edu)
Date: March 19, 2004 06:47PM

They've blocked downloading capabilities on the public computers :-(

Date: March 19, 2004 06:55PM

3:01 to go, still 2-1 Clarkson

Date: March 19, 2004 07:00PM

BU-Maine are 0-0 starting up the 3rd

Posted by: dss28 (---.drama.yale.edu)
Date: March 19, 2004 07:00PM

Howard in goal?

Date: March 19, 2004 07:08PM

not sure who's in goal. Maine just scores to make it 1-0

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 19, 2004 07:36PM

Harvard vs Dartmouth, pregame on Harvard radio: [www.business1060.com]

Posted by: finchphil (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 19, 2004 07:38PM

Howard got the shutout..... 1-0 Maine Final

Date: March 19, 2004 08:15PM

Really, really slow game so far...

Date: March 19, 2004 08:28PM

Harvard 0 Dartmouth 0, end 1st

Shots were 12-11 Big Green.

Harvard 1-0 (7:19 left in 2nd)
Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr6.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.co)
Date: March 19, 2004 09:11PM

Dave McCullough (sp?) on a giveaway by Przepiorka.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2004 09:12PM by .

Date: March 19, 2004 09:18PM

Stempniak ties it 1-1 in the final minute of the second period.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 19, 2004 09:20PM

[Q]Greg Berge Wrote:

Stempniak ties it 1-1 in the final minute of the second period. [/Q]
Great effort by Noah Welch.rolleyes

Dartmouth ties it 1-1 (end 2)
Date: March 19, 2004 09:22PM

Stempniak at 19:18
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2004 09:23PM by .

Date: March 19, 2004 09:38PM

Harvard scores early in the third. 2-1, Crimson, with a long way to go.

Re: Dartmouth ties it 1-1 (end 2)
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 19, 2004 09:39PM

Harvard quickly on top again...Bernakevitch.

Re: Dartmouth ties it 1-1 (end 2)
Date: March 19, 2004 09:48PM

Time to go eat dinner (sushi). You'll have to keep the gang up-to-date.

Date: March 19, 2004 10:07PM

4:00 to go, still 2-1 Harvard.

Date: March 19, 2004 10:10PM

2:30 to go, still 2-1 Harvard.

Date: March 19, 2004 10:13PM

1:30 to go, still 2-1 Harvard.

Posted by: canucksfan (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2004 10:16PM

Final: 2-1 Harvard

Posted by: Bahnstorm (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2004 10:39PM

The current photo on the USCHO main page is of the Clarkson Colgate game and it is nice to see a Cornell jersey right behind the net.:-P

Posted by: jy3 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2004 11:31PM

any comments about the games? unfortunately the two teams i was kinda cheering for both lost. that stinks :) anyway, clarkson clogged the neutral zone well and got the puck in the net thru consistent hard work. they clutch and grab a lot and i know why they are the most penalized team in the ecac. but colgate did not play well at all. the penalty shot that was called should have been a minor and NOT a penalty shot. for the other game, it was much more fluid and fast paced. hahvahd took the lead on a goal that was caused by a dartmouth defender knocking a hahvahd guy into yacey -> goal. it stood and it should have. i think that clarkson could win one in the ncaas if they clog the neutral zone and i think that if hahvahd plays well like 2nite and like they should have been all season then they could be a tough 1st rounder. interestingly enough cornell is at #15 in the computers right now and without any other upsets would be second team out with CC after the maac and cha winners plus an ecac winner not in the top 16. oh well nut

Posted by: Big Ben 03 (---.nc.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2004 11:41PM

Edit: a whole other thread is now dedicated to this.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2004 11:59PM by .

HE - UMass 5-2 over UNH - what happened?
Date: March 20, 2004 12:13AM

Same time I abandoned the Harvard-Dartmouth on the radio to go eat dinner, I also left the UNH-UMass game on the TV. UNH was ahead 2-1 early in the 3rd. I didn't see any UNH players at the table with me, but from the box score, it looks like they stopped playing at about the same time. Anyone know what happened? Did they decide that 45 minutes was good enough? Was there any incident that turned things around?

Posted by: RichS (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 20, 2004 01:59AM

A slightly different perspective:

I think Clarkson played a smart, disciplined game, something they have not done much of in recent years. Very impressive! Very few penalties on either side though Kotyra could have made a few more calls both ways. For most of the game, there was a good flow but Clarkson controlled the play down low in the Colgate zone which led to their two goals and should have created more chances.

I didn't think Colgate played badly but Clarkson's disciplined positional play and solid checking in their D zone prevented Colgate form generating a lot of quality chances.

Still, it was a one goal game which Colgate could have won had they cashed in another chance or two, both goalies played well, and Traylen made the save of the game with a Hasek-like maneuver with his glove hand with about 5 or 6 (?) minutes left.

At times the second game had better flow and a faster pace but not consistently IMHO. I think Harvard's speed will cause Clarkson trouble. My first chance to see Hugh Jessiman and I was interested as a Ranger fan. I was NOT impressed. For a big guy, he didn't work all that hard along the boards and he apparently can't one-time the puck as he had several opportunities to do so on the power play but had to tee it up.

Stempniak (sp) was the much better player tonite and his goal was highlight reel material!

The final could hinge on netminding...Traylen looked very sharp and composed whereas I thought Grumet-Morris looked a bit shaky and handled rebounds poorly a few times.

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2004 02:09AM

[Q]RichS Wrote:
I think Harvard's speed will cause Clarkson trouble.
[/Q]

How about Clarkson's speed causing Harvard trouble? I didn't get to see Clarkson until the 2/28 game in Ithaca. It wasn't the overall team speed that surprised me, but the way they used smart puck-positioning and movement to spring the forwards that do happen to have some jump. I was only able to watch the first half of the Semi vs. Colgate, and that same sneakiness seemed to still be there. The SH breakaway that led to the Penalty-Shot was an example of that. I'm thinking that all of Clarkson's opponents expect a physical game. It's the sudden injection of a speed game that has everyone back on their heels. IMO.

Go Tech.

Re: Clarkson "speed"
Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 20, 2004 11:32AM

Good point...smart play produced a number of odd man rushes especially in the first period when they had Colgate back on their heels a bit and the Raiders looked sluggish.

That could be a key tonite perhaps against a guy like Welch who looked slow...Stempniak made him look like a turnstile on his goal but I imagine other D men have met the same fate this year...that kid has moves! They'll have to capitalize better tonite...I suspect Harvard will show more offense than Colgate was able to last nite.

So...who are you guys rooting for tonite? A tough choice I imagine.

Posted by: jy3 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2004 11:43AM

i did not mean to take credit away from clarkson. they did play a more disciplined game than previous games and they did control the boards and down low REALLY well including just hustling to the puck more than colgate did. it is a hard choice for me who to route for. after the clarkson idiot band playing during play for half the game yesterday and the clarkson fans coming over into the colgate section to rub it into the colgate fans faces i will have a hard time cheering for them 2nite. hahvahd is hahvahd. i just hope for good games today. not sure why the starts are later than yesterday but it will be fun.

Date: March 20, 2004 12:03PM

[Q]So...who are you guys rooting for tonite?[/Q]

I'm rooting for Clarkson for two reasons. 1) I can't bring myself to root for Harvard. I'd rather eat my own vomit than watch them celebrate a win tonight. 2) The old "It looks better for Cornell to have lost to the eventual champs" reasoning.

Re: HE - UMass 5-2 over UNH - what happened?
Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2004 12:15PM

Crowd which had been dominated by UHN fans came to life for UMass after their tying goal. Then Warner of the Warner Brothers (his brother is the backup goalie and played last night), came through with a big goal and Pock showed why he's a Hobey Finalist. The 5th was icing on the cake. The tying goal was a momentum shift on the ice and in the stands. UHN always chokes in the playoffs. They just choked a little earlier this year. Ayers was not his usual self in the BU contests to end the regular season. His usual self meant no goals allowed in the previous four meetings with BU. UHN needed three games to get by Providence and their offense hasn't scored four goals in any of their last 14 games except for a win over Northeastern, the only team not to make the playoffs.

UHN is just not looking strong heading into the NCAA's. Same with BC. Maine's goaltending has them hot and North Dakota and Minnesota are on a roll heading into the NCAA's with Minnesota likely supplanting Minnesota-Duluth for the fourth #1 seed.

Re: Clarkson "speed"
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2004 05:08PM

[Q]RichS Wrote:

So...who are you guys rooting for tonite? A tough choice I imagine. [/Q]

Don't you mean who are we rooting against? Good luck Rich.

Posted by: Dart~Ben (---.Kiewit.dartmouth.edu)
Date: March 28, 2004 10:12AM

[Q]RichS Wrote:
For a big guy, (Jessiman) didn't work all that hard along the boards and he apparently can't one-time the puck as he had several opportunities to do so on the power play but had to tee it up.

Stempniak was the much better player tonite and his goal was highlight reel material! [/Q]

Stempniak's been the better player all season, and you could probably include last year too. You're hardly shocking the world by making that assertion. And Jessiman is definitely lazy along the boards.

Where you're wrong is Jessiman not being able to one-time the puck. He's scored at least 3 goals off one-timers from the point over the 2nd half of the season, and that's just counting the ones at home. Personally I think Gaudet made a mistake playing him on the point on the PP, but for other reasons than that, because he's got a wicked one-timer. Pretty sure he beat Clarkson's goalie on one of em in Hanover.

Re: Jessiman
Posted by: RichS (167.206.158.---)
Date: March 29, 2004 04:50PM

I'm willing to concede that he may well be able to one-time it given that you've obviously seen him play more than I have but...if so, one would never know it by watching him in Albany. He clearly missed three oportunities that screamed for a one timer against Harvard.

(Nope, I wasn't attempting to shock anyone...just offering my observation re: the comparison to Lee S.)

I know Clarkson's Nickerson was playing with a separated shoulder and had difficulty shooting and controlling the puck at the point.

What was Jessiman's excuse? By the way, I heard him referred to as "Huge Speciman" in Albany...I trust that's old news to you guys.

:-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login