Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

albany?

Posted by jy3 
albany?
Posted by: jy3 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2004 10:26PM

so i know it stinks to talk about albany without our RED being there but...is anyone going to albany? gonna be there for the games with fellow alums. we should all cheer against everyone together ;-) hope to see some of you there :-D

Re: albany?
Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2004 10:33PM

I'll be there :-)

Posted by: judy (---.washdc3.elnk.dsl.genuity.)
Date: March 15, 2004 10:36PM

yay! others who are going!
i'll be there, start of my vacation. NO WORK FOR ME!!!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!
i get to celebrate the quarter century mark :-O

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2004 10:37PM

I'll be there. Who to cheer for is a different matter.

I normally go for CLK second, but their style of illegal hits makes that hard. But if Nickerson is sitting down ??

I go for the Ivy when out of conference, but it's hard to go for HVD, who underachieved all year till now.

And DMTH, well I don't know anyone who actually cheers for them:-D . Do people actually get excited about their hockey.

Then there is CGT, I live closer to them than CU but cheer for their fans??? WOW

So, I don't know yet. All I do know is that I will cheer for whomever wins to do well in the NCAAs. God this is terrible:-/ .

Date: March 15, 2004 10:38PM

[Q]judy Wrote:

yay! others who are going!
i'll be there, start of my vacation. NO WORK FOR ME!!!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!
i get to celebrate the quarter century mark [/Q]i get to celebrate the quarter century mark

Quit rubbing it in:-) .

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 15, 2004 10:45PM

[Q]Jim Hyla Wrote:

And DMTH, well I don't know anyone who actually cheers for them . Do people actually get excited about their hockey. [/Q]

Actually, yes. Last year at Albany, they had the second most fans in attendance, after us of course. One or two of them had banners even, about going onto Providence (which didn't happen, naturally). I was very impressed with the Dartmouth fanbase.

Posted by: Ack (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 15, 2004 10:53PM

I didn't want to have to cross over from the ticket exchange, but I do have extra tickets for this weekend in Albany...and seeing as how they were so expensive for me...please help me in tracking down anyone who wants to go - we'd be willing to sell for less than we spent.

Hope all of you have a great time in Albany!

Posted by: Avash (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2004 10:58PM

I won't be in Albany, but I've decided to root for Dartmouth. I hate them the least as of this moment.

Posted by: Bio '04 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2004 11:35PM

Amen to that. :-}

Posted by: Big Red Colonel (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2004 11:42PM

We'll be there. I am almost rooting for Harvard, with the thought that they have the best shot not to embarass the ECAC in the NCAAs. Further, after the total lack of class displayed by the Clarkson fans in the parking garage after the game, I can't stomach rooting for them.

Date: March 16, 2004 12:14AM

what did the clarkson fans do after the game?

also

if u need to get rid of tickets that should be easy over at uscho

Date: March 16, 2004 01:22AM

Ah yes of course, the parking garage! I had almost forgotten about that. What a bunch of morons. For anyone who didn't see it, a large portion of the Clarkson fans who were sitting in section O (sucks!), including the two kids who kept pointing to their yellow t-shirts during the game, stood at the bottom of the steps of the lowest level, where everyone drives by, in order to scream obscenities and laugh and point. Have any of our fans ever done anything like that at an opposing rink? I hope not. Indeed, a total lack of class, and an embarassment to the more respectful, more mature Clarkson fans. Are those really the types of students that go there? I feel sorry for them, I really do. They looked like 12 year olds.

I WILL root for Harvard next weekend if they play Clarkson.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2004 01:40AM by .

Posted by: French Rage (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2004 02:30AM

[Q]Avash '05 Wrote:

Ah yes of course, the parking garage! I had almost forgotten about that. What a bunch of morons. For anyone who didn't see it, a large portion of the Clarkson fans who were sitting in section O (sucks!), including the two kids who kept pointing to their yellow t-shirts during the game, stood at the bottom of the steps of the lowest level, where everyone drives by, in order to scream obscenities and laugh and point. Have any of our fans ever done anything like that at an opposing rink? I hope not. Indeed, a total lack of class, and an embarassment to the more respectful, more mature Clarkson fans. Are those really the types of students that go there? I feel sorry for them, I really do. They looked like 12 year olds.

I WILL root for Harvard next weekend if they play Clarkson.

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 03/16/2004 1:40am. [/Q]

The best was when I threw a water bottle at one of them as I drove past and hit him right in the chest. He tried to throw it back as I drove off, but threw it at most a total of 10 feet right at the ground. Meanwhile, my passenger informed them that they may have won, but at the end of the day they still go to Clarkson, so they still lose.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 16, 2004 03:19AM

Yea, but remember that Harvard's hockey fan base was busy rooting for their women's team at the NCAAs.

Screw colgate, fuck clarkson, and harvard STILL sucks. LETS GO DARTMOUTH!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2004 03:27AM by .

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 16, 2004 03:26AM

I almost feel bad for them, the north country is indeed a desolate and lonely place. I should have yelled more then 'safety school' when i drove by.

a curse upon their program. i hope they fall on their face friday.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2004 06:41AM

I should be there if an illness in my family doesn't keep me away.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.wan.networktel.net)
Date: March 16, 2004 07:52AM

[Q]French Rage Wrote:
The best was when I threw a water bottle at one of them as I drove past and hit him right in the chest.
[/Q]

Sounds like there was enough "lack of class" to go around on both sides.
rolleyes

Date: March 16, 2004 09:01AM

Marty, I hope your family member gets better.

That parking garage behavior is idiotic. too bad no one had supersoakers ;)

Hope to see you guys Friday and Saturday! Now to try to remember where the free parking was last year nut

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2004 11:30AM

Well, if Harvard's fans really do pull more for their women's team, than they should be in Albany as their women's team is playing in the ECAC women's championships at Union this weekend. Dartmouth is too. Whether that pulls more fans out remains to be seen.

Posted by: gtsully (12.110.145.---)
Date: March 16, 2004 11:54AM

[Q] Ben Rocky '04 wrote:

a curse upon their program. i hope they fall on their face friday.[/Q]

There's no such thing as curses - stop being absurd :-P . But I hope they do fall on their collective faces on Friday, and I will be there cheering for that exact outcome all weekend long.

Tyler Kolarik Article
Date: March 16, 2004 12:05PM

Not that anybody needs a reminder of why friends don't let friends root for Harvard in Albany (if they win it, then in the NCAA's IMHO, it's a different story):

[www.boston.com]

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr6.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.co)
Date: March 16, 2004 12:24PM

[Q]Ben Rocky 04 Wrote:

Screw colgate, fuck clarkson, and harvard STILL sucks. LETS GO DARTMOUTH!

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 03/16/2004 3:27am. [/Q]

Probably the least objectionable outcome, so I'm with you. But if Pete Rose comes over and calls his bookie, I'm betting on the Crimson. (Oh, how it hurts to say that.)

Posted by: RedAR (---.gsd.harvard.edu)
Date: March 16, 2004 12:30PM

First, you stated that you wished Hornby would have mauled a couple Clarkson players after the buzzer sounded Sunday night. Now, you brag about throwing a bottle at Clarkson fans. I'm so glad that the former didn't happen, and I truly regret that the latter did. I'm sure you won't agree with me, but I was extremely proud of how our guys kept things completely under control, even as it became increasingly apparent that their season was coming to an end. They didn't goon things up out of frustration, as many teams generally seem to do these days. That's classy, and reflects highly on the discipline instilled by Schafer.

Posted by: Trigger (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 16, 2004 12:59PM

I'll be there. I will be cheering against everyone, but I think I want Colgate to win. I don't know what the chances of this are, but I think if Colgate wins and gets the automatic bid, Cornell could get a low at-large by being #2 in the regular season. Again, it's unlikely, but who knows.

Posted by: Trigger (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 16, 2004 01:04PM

I too am glad the boys stayed under control at the end of the game. There was no need for anything more. I didn't care for the "bring out Hornby" chant toward the end, merely for the intent the fans had. I would, however, have enjoyed seeing the seniors on the ice when the horn went off.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.253.86.124-dhcp.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 16, 2004 01:24PM

[Q]I didn't care for the "bring out Hornby" chant toward the end, merely for the intent the fans had.[/Q]

I just wanted to see Hornby take one last shift. I don't think many people wanted a brawl, they just like Hornby.

Posted by: ben03 (---.CRMLLC.com)
Date: March 16, 2004 01:35PM

Couldn't agree more Pete :-)

Re: Tyler Kolarik Article
Date: March 16, 2004 01:52PM

"We'll be at Princeton playing in front of 200 people," says Crimson captain Kenny Smith, "and Tyler will be playing like it's the final game in Albany."

Wow, I hate Harvard.

Date: March 16, 2004 01:55PM

any hockey NIT?? :-P

Posted by: ugarte (65.217.153.---)
Date: March 16, 2004 02:07PM

[Q]atb9 Wrote:

"We'll be at Princeton playing in front of 200 people," says Crimson captain Kenny Smith, "and Tyler will be playing like it's the final game in Albany."

Wow, I hate Harvard.
[/Q]But it sure sounds like Tyler Kolarik.

Wow, I hate Tyler Kolarik.

(It takes a lot of nerve for a Harvard player to criticize the Princeton crowd, though.)

Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 16, 2004 02:32PM

So you threw a water bottle at each other....great.

Hard to say who was "more mature"...do kids like that really go to cornell, to borrow a phrase?

LOL

Date: March 16, 2004 03:15PM

[Q](It takes a lot of nerve for a Harvard player to criticize the Princeton crowd, though.)[/Q]

That's what I was getting at. I'll definitely be rooting against Harvard.

Date: March 16, 2004 03:16PM

[Q]So you threw a water bottle at each other....great.[/Q]

I think it's safe to say we're all embarrassed by that. How old were they? Pick on someone your own size.

Re: Princeton "crowd"
Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 16, 2004 03:39PM

Doesn't everybody criticize the Princeton crowd?

:-D

Date: March 16, 2004 04:41PM

[Q]RichS Wrote:

So you threw a water bottle at each other....great.

Hard to say who was "more mature"...do kids like that really go to cornell, to borrow a phrase?

LOL [/Q]

You stole my phrase ;-) :-P

Date: March 16, 2004 05:21PM

yeah, but we critize the Harvard crowd more. :-D Princeton doesn't have a good team. Harvard does yet they receive marginal support from their deep base of alumni and students in an American hockey hot bed.

Posted by: Dart~Ben (---.Kiewit.Dartmouth.EDU)
Date: March 16, 2004 05:23PM

[Q]Jim Hyla Wrote:
And DMTH, well I don't know anyone who actually cheers for them . Do people actually get excited about their hockey. [/Q]

Given that we led the ECAC in attendance this year...yeah. And we had the 2nd most fans in Albany last year.

Hope you guys can root against Harvard for me even if you can't root for Dartmouth. I'll be in San Diego soaking up the sun on Spring Break.

Date: March 16, 2004 10:37PM

[Q]Dart~Ben Wrote:

Jim Hyla Wrote:
And DMTH, well I don't know anyone who actually cheers for them . Do people actually get excited about their hockey.

Given that we led the ECAC in attendance this year...yeah. And we had the 2nd most fans in Albany last year.

Hope you guys can root against Harvard for me even if you can't root for Dartmouth. I'll be in San Diego soaking up the sun on Spring Break. [/Q]Hey, why did you forget the Smiley face that I put in? Can't you see that I was pulling someone's leg? Sorry if I offended you, but real fans go to Albany rather than San Diego;-) . There is that better?

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 17, 2004 12:34PM

Not the first time. A few years ago, while leaving the game at Clarkson, a bunch of students were outside of their dorms taunting Cornell people that drove by on their way out. I know there's nothing to do in Potsdam, but damn...

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.ligo-la.caltech.edu)
Date: March 17, 2004 06:13PM

[Q]Trigger Wrote:

I'll be there. I will be cheering against everyone, but I think I want Colgate to win. I don't know what the chances of this are, but I think if Colgate wins and gets the automatic bid, Cornell could get a low at-large by being #2 in the regular season. Again, it's unlikely, but who knows. [/Q]

Who finished second (or first) in the conference regular season is not considered by the committee. There is a relatively well-defined set of selection criteria and only a small number of games left. You can run scenarios at [www.uscho.com] and see how the PWR looks. AFAIK, no one has found a scenario where Cornell qualifies for an at-large bid.

Posted by: dss28 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2004 10:30PM

Hey Judy, does this mean you'll be hitting up Foxwoods after all? ;-)

Date: March 17, 2004 11:28PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Trigger Wrote:

You can run scenarios at [www.uscho.com] and see how the PWR looks. AFAIK, no one has found a scenario where Cornell qualifies for an at-large bid.
[/Q]

Wait, there may be one. What if all these times that we've told Grumet-Morris, "...you're not a black hole, YOU JUST SUCK!", we've been wrong? What if he is a black hole? He could swallow up the whole field in Albany, and then... screwy

Sorry, dude, I can't come up with one either. I think it's time to say farewell to the 2003-2004 season and watch the rest of the folks play it out.

Posted by: judy (---.washdc3.elnk.dsl.genuity.)
Date: March 17, 2004 11:39PM

yes it does. I'll be there on Tuesday. Anyone's welcome to join me.

Date: March 18, 2004 04:03PM

Well if you make the home and road bonuses .005 and .001 and make the neutral bonus a large number like .1, we're a shoe in. nut

I mean, how more neutral can you get than South Florida?

B-]

See the bonus is good for more than just adding suspense - it allows you to create crazy numbers to satisfy your need for another Cornell hockey game this season.

Posted by: dss28 (---.dmca.yale.edu)
Date: March 18, 2004 04:44PM

I think we should start flooding the committee with emails with your numbers... just as, you know, a kind suggestion. ;-)

Date: March 18, 2004 11:37PM

[Q]Tom Pasniewski 98 Wrote:

Well if you make the home and road bonuses .005 and .001 and make the neutral bonus a large number like .1, we're a shoe in.

I mean, how more neutral can you get than South Florida?

See the bonus is good for more than just adding suspense - it allows you to create crazy numbers to satisfy your need for another Cornell hockey game this season. [/Q]

Which means that "Sieve Hyphen Sieve" can go back to just sucking, eh?

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 19, 2004 01:05AM

[Q]RichS Wrote:

Doesn't everybody criticize the Princeton crowd?

[/Q]

You can't. They kick you out of Hobey Baker Rink for that.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.253.86.124-dhcp.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 19, 2004 08:57AM

USCHO's Juan Martinez is picking Harvard to beat Colgate in the championship game barf

Date: March 19, 2004 11:56AM

[Q]Pete Godenschwager Wrote:

USCHO's Juan Martinez is picking Harvard to beat Colgate in the championship game [/Q]

That's because he's been reading my e-mails to him. ;-) I think I'm 7-1 (damn you, Clarkson) vs his 5-3 so far in the playoffs. Like I really know something, eh? Anyway, I went with Harvard (by a few) and Colgate (very close), with the Crimson taking the title in a 2- or 3-goal victory.

Of course, I also went with Dewey over Truman...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login