Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

NCAA Regional Viewing Events

Posted by Beeeej 
NCAA Regional Viewing Events
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 22, 2012 05:38PM

Hope you don't mind, I'm aggregating them here so they don't scroll off the first page by accident. Post new ones as replies to this thread, but with new subject lines, please.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Atlanta Viewing Event
Posted by: rmandel (72.54.9.---)
Date: March 22, 2012 05:37PM

Come join the Cornell Atlanta Alumni Association as we cheer on the Big Red to the Frozen Four.

Cornell Men’s Hockey vs Michigan – Game 1 NCAA Tournament
Friday, March 23 at 9:00 PM

Cornell Men’s Hockey vs Denver/Ferris State – Game 2 NCAA Tournament (if we win Friday night)
Saturday, March 24 at 9:00 PM

The Famous Pub
Toco Hills Shopping Center
2947 North Druid Hills Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
(404) 633-1425
www.famouspubsports.com

NOTE: The Famous Pub allows smoking after 10 PM.

No event fee or cover. Everyone pays for their own food and beverage. Wear your RED!

Questions? Contact Robert Mandelbaum ‘81 at robert.mandelbaum@pkfc.com

Boston Viewing Party (NCAA Regional)
Posted by: BMac (---.demarc.cogentco.com)
Date: March 22, 2012 04:39PM

Help! I don't know where to beat the basketball crowd and reserve a corner.

The Sports Depot is defunct, and basketball dominates all. Any suggestions for a Boston/Cambridge viewing location?

I've already called Mead Hall for their upstairs room, no dice.

Re: Boston Viewing Party (NCAA Regional)
Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.28.---)
Date: March 22, 2012 04:59PM

Wow, Ship of Fools closed. Sports Depot closed.

These places really went downhill once Cornell hockey fans started watching the games at home, huh?!?

Posted by: BMac (---.demarc.cogentco.com)
Date: March 22, 2012 05:07PM

HA! Solved!

I have reservations at the Regina Pizzeria (formerly the Sports Depot) for 9pm tomorrow.

Same room in the back where we saw the Bemidji game that didn't happen.

Please respond if you're coming so I can change the reservation as necessary...

Summary:

when: 9pm tomorrow (Friday, 3/23)
where: Regina Pizzeria,
353 Cambridge Street
Allston, MA
(617) 783-2300
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 05:07PM by BMac.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: March 22, 2012 05:08PM

Yeah, I was gonna say, I didn't think they'd get rid of all the TVs...

Posted by: Robb (192.206.89.---)
Date: March 22, 2012 05:11PM

Just be glad you're not contemplating a place to watch in Kansas...with the KU sweet-16 tipoff 75 minutes after our faceoff. help

D.C. viewing party
Posted by: Weder (---.americas.hp.net)
Date: March 20, 2012 03:33PM

I no longer live in D.C., but for those of you who are in the area (from a Cornell Club of Washington email):

The #15 Cornell Men’s Hockey Team returns to the NCAA this weekend with an exciting matchup against the #2 Michigan Wolverines in the Midwest Regional in Green Bay. Game time is Friday, March 23 at 9pm ET and the game will be televised on ESPNU. If Cornell wins they would play again on Saturday, March 24 at 9pm against the Ferris State/Denver.

Cornell will host a joint DC game watches with Michigan alumni at Buffalo Billiards in DC and Rock Bottom Brewery in Arlington. Buffalo Billiards will have the group in the Victorian Room (all the way to the left) reserved for the group beginning at 8:30. Rock Bottom Brewery is in the Ballston Commons Mall and will have at least a screen by the front bar dedicated to the game. Game watches will be held at same locations on Saturday night if the team wins on Friday.

Please RSVP to Josh Novikoff with the subject line “Hockey” to give us an idea of a head count (but an RSVP is not a prerequisite). All are welcome).
Cost: Free

Buffalo Billiards
1330 19th Street NW
Washington, DC
Metro: Dupont Circle

Rock Bottom Brewery
4238 Wilson Blvd (Ballston Common Mall)
Arlington, VA
Metro: Ballston

RSVP and info: jbn6@cornell.edu

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2012 06:14PM

Jordan 04
Wow, Ship of Fools closed.
But where will I go now when I really, really want food poisoning?

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: March 22, 2012 06:23PM

BMac
HA! Solved!

I have reservations at the Regina Pizzeria (formerly the Sports Depot) for 9pm tomorrow.

Same room in the back where we saw the Bemidji game that didn't happen.

Please respond if you're coming so I can change the reservation as necessary...

Summary:

when: 9pm tomorrow (Friday, 3/23)
where: Regina Pizzeria,
353 Cambridge Street
Allston, MA
(617) 783-2300

Please make sure to invite some Harvard fans. I am sure they will enjoy watching some NCAA hockey once they stop gloating over how they trounced us.:-D

Is there a New York event?
Posted by: WillEB (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2012 07:04PM

Does anyone know if there's some kind of viewing event in NYC tomorrow?

Thanks.

Posted by: Robb (---.ks.ok.cox.net)
Date: March 22, 2012 07:48PM

Robb
Just be glad you're not contemplating a place to watch in Kansas...with the KU sweet-16 tipoff 75 minutes after our faceoff. help
Holy moly! How did I not realize until now that I get WatchESPN (nee ESPN3) since the cable/internet provider at my temporary quarters is a participating ISP??? I had figured I wasn't eligible since it's not my name on the cable account.

Posted by: Weder (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2012 10:42PM

Robb
Robb
Holy moly! How did I not realize until now that I get WatchESPN (nee ESPN3) since the cable/internet provider at my temporary quarters is a participating ISP??? I had figured I wasn't eligible since it's not my name on the cable account.

Actually, WatchESPN and ESPN3 are distinct products, so you may want to double-check which one you have. Only Time Warner, Verizon and a couple other providers have WatchESPN, which lets you watch any ESPN channel. ESPN3 is what most other cable companies and ISPs have.

So, if the game is only on ESPNU and not also on ESPN3 -- I haven't checked -- you may be out of luck.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 10:46PM by Weder.

Posted by: jtn27 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2012 10:49PM

Weder
Robb
Robb

Actually, WatchESPN and ESPN3 are distinct products, so you may want to double-check which one you have. Only Time Warner, Verizon and a couple other providers have WatchESPN, which lets you watch any ESPN channel. ESPN3 is what most other cable companies and ISPs have.

So, if the game is only on ESPNU and not also on ESPN3 -- I haven't checked -- you may be out of luck.

The game is on both ESPNU and ESPN3.com.

Posted by: Robb (---.ks.ok.cox.net)
Date: March 23, 2012 12:16AM

Weder
Robb
Robb

Ah, interesting. I tried to go to ESPN3 and got redirected to WatchESPN, so I assumed that was just the new incarnation. I guess it detected that my ISP (Cox) was WatchESPN enabled so it took me there instead. It appears that WatchESPN gets you access to pretty much all of the ESPN channels all the time (ESPN, the deuce, ESPNU, ESPN3, etc). I pulled up cheerleading on ESPNU this evening, so I'm fairly confident that I will get the game tomorrow.

Re: Is there a New York event?
Posted by: A-ron (38.112.210.---)
Date: March 23, 2012 08:39AM

Anyone have ideas for NYC? I remember watching Cornell basketball at a three floor bar in Murray Hill. Any thoughts on a place where we could have a small room in the back of a bar?

Date: March 23, 2012 09:04AM

Robb
Weder
Robb
Robb

Ah, interesting. I tried to go to ESPN3 and got redirected to WatchESPN, so I assumed that was just the new incarnation. I guess it detected that my ISP (Cox) was WatchESPN enabled so it took me there instead. It appears that WatchESPN gets you access to pretty much all of the ESPN channels all the time (ESPN, the deuce, ESPNU, ESPN3, etc). I pulled up cheerleading on ESPNU this evening, so I'm fairly confident that I will get the game tomorrow.

Do you get the Ocho too?

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.altnpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 23, 2012 09:08AM

jtn27
Robb
Weder
Robb
Robb

Do you get the Ocho too?

He won't need that until the national title game. ;-)

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nyc.gov)
Date: March 23, 2012 09:12AM

A-ron
Anyone have ideas for NYC? I remember watching Cornell basketball at a three floor bar in Murray Hill. Any thoughts on a place where we could have a small room in the back of a bar?

I think you're thinking of Tonic (411 Third Avenue, 212-683-7090). They get busy on Friday and Saturday nights, so you might have trouble grabbing a TV. Not a bad idea to call, though.

As for me, my afternoon meeting just got canceled, so my backup plan of watching the Union game on ESPN3 will no longer be necessary. 9-hour viewing party at my house.*

*by invitation only

Date: March 23, 2012 09:23AM

Greenberg '97
A-ron

I think you're thinking of Tonic (411 Third Avenue, 212-683-7090). They get busy on Friday and Saturday nights, so you might have trouble grabbing a TV. Not a bad idea to call, though.

As for me, my afternoon meeting just got canceled, so my backup plan of watching the Union game on ESPN3 will no longer be necessary. 9-hour viewing party at my house.*

*by invitation only

Ah yes, Tonic...that place is big. I'm wondering if there's a smaller bar somewhere that people might want to meet up and yell at the television together. Any suggestions for places that have been Cornell friendly in the past?

Posted by: css228 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2012 09:42AM

Aaron M. Griffin
jtn27
Robb
Weder
Robb
Robb

Do you get the Ocho too?

So what you're saying is that NCAA hockey is remotely a sport?

Posted by: WillEB (---.mycingular.net)
Date: March 23, 2012 10:20AM

So I called a bar called Feile which is on 33rd bw 6&7, right near MSG.* they said that they would have no problem putting the game on one of their TVs if someone asks. There wouldn't be sound, it's not really a private setting, but just an idea.

*this was a self-interested move. I'm going to the Ranger game, so I'll probably miss the first period.

Date: March 23, 2012 10:22AM

css228
Aaron M. Griffin
jtn27
Robb
Weder
Robb
Robb

Do you get the Ocho too?

So what you're saying is that NCAA hockey is remotely a sport?

No. He's saying college hockey is the "finest in seldom seen sports from around the globe" (or possibly that it's "almost a sport" ) but let's just assume it's the first one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2012 10:23AM by jtn27.

Date: March 23, 2012 11:42AM

WillEB
So I called a bar called Feile which is on 33rd bw 6&7, right near MSG.* they said that they would have no problem putting the game on one of their TVs if someone asks. There wouldn't be sound, it's not really a private setting, but just an idea.

*this was a self-interested move. I'm going to the Ranger game, so I'll probably miss the first period.

Hmm, I was hoping to be able to hear the announcers as well. Is there any interest if I try to set something up in Midtown area?

Chicago
Posted by: LaJollaRed (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 23, 2012 11:43AM

I just called Duffy's on Diversey (a Michigan bar). They will be showing the game.

Date: March 23, 2012 12:20PM

If you can arrange a better option where the sound can be heard, I'd definitely be interested/would spread the word. I just did this because I didn't know if there was anything else going on out there.

San Francisco - North Bay
Posted by: Dianne 99 (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 23, 2012 03:03PM

I don't think there are any other ELF readers in the North Bay, but anyone is welcome to come to my house to watch tonight at 6:00 and (hopefully) tomorrow. Email me for address/directions diannesusanmiller AT gmail.com.

Long Island-Suffolk
Posted by: snert1288 (---.uhmc.sunysb.edu)
Date: March 23, 2012 03:36PM

For anyone out east on Long Island, the Buffalo Wild Wings in Centereach has agreed to show the game. There will be no volume, but there should be several Stony Brook School of Medicine students there who are Cornell grads!
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2012 03:45PM by snert1288.

Posted by: matth (---.scansafe.net)
Date: March 23, 2012 04:01PM

Is that the place right next to Stout?
I am going to the Rangers game too and would like to stop into one of those places to afterwards.
However, Im a bit skeptical that they have a college hockey game on because of all those basketball games tonight.

Date: March 23, 2012 04:04PM

Yeah, right next to Stout. All I can go on is what they told me over the phone. (I told some people about the suggestion, so hopefully they'll ask when it's actually game time)

Re: Long Island-Suffolk
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2012 06:18PM

snert1288
For anyone out east on Long Island, the Buffalo Wild Wings in Centereach has agreed to show the game. There will be no volume, but there should be several Stony Brook School of Medicine students there who are Cornell grads!
Which also means there will be good drugs.

Saturday Night in Miami, Florida
Date: March 24, 2012 12:34AM

Since I'm traveling on business tomorrow, I made sure I would have a place to watch the regional final if we made it. Join me if you're in south Florida:

Champions
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport South
1201 NW Le Jeune Road

They have assured me that we'll have a TV with sound, and they don't close until the games end.

I'm reachable by email at beeeejesq@gmail.com, and can be reached by phone or text at XXX.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2012 12:41PM by Beeeej.

Re: Saturday Night in Miami, Florida
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 12:43AM

Beeeej
Since I'm traveling on business tomorrow, I made sure I would have a place to watch the regional final if we made it. Join me if you're in south Florida:

Champions
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport South
1201 NW Le Jeune Road

They have assured me that we'll have a TV with sound, and they don't close until the games end.

I'm reachable by email at beeeejesq@gmail.com, and can be reached by phone or text at XXX.

Here's hoping your pilots are navigationally challenged and land in Green Bay instead :).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2012 12:41PM by Beeeej.

New York City
Date: March 24, 2012 08:26AM

With thanks to Craig, there is now a Manhattan viewing location for tonight:

The Australian (owner ran the defunct Ship of Fools)
20 West 38th Street (btwn 5th and 6th Aves)
Saturday at 9 p.m.
One or two TVs guaranteed, depending on crowd size (not sure about sound)

Sorry I'll miss it while in Florida.

- Steve Worona

Re: Atlanta Viewing Event
Posted by: Liz98 (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2012 08:53AM

MAJOR PROPS to Buffalo Billiards for streaming ESPN3 at the beginning of the game. They also gave us a whole room to ourselves, which apparently is thanks to the Michigan football fans who watch all their games there and were able to hook us up for the joint game watch. See you there tonight!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login