Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

RPI TV ROCKS

Posted by flyersgolf 
RPI TV ROCKS
Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 05:10PM

Broadcast for Colgate vs. Union is awesome! I would pay $9.00 a game to get games at Lynah in this clarity! I will definitely be sending some letters to point this out to Cornell Athletic Admins.

Great Job, Congrats RPITV and thanks.

I hope the broadcast is this good tonight when the Big Red hit the ice.

[www.b2livetv.com]

Re: RPI TV ROCKS
Posted by: RM 08 (38.98.70.---)
Date: March 16, 2012 05:14PM

Am I reading it right that a "playoff pass" will give me access to both games today?

Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 05:16PM

Yes One ticket covers both games.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 05:38PM

wow, my aging eyes can see the numbers!! cheer

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2012 06:00PM

Hope we get to see warm-ups. I wasn't planning on buying the early game, so this $9.95 for a day pass is great.

popcornbananapopcorn

Posted by: redice (---.sub-75-194-150.myvzw.com)
Date: March 16, 2012 06:15PM

Link please.....

-Ned Harkness

Date: March 16, 2012 06:19PM

redice
Link please.....

[www.b2livetv.com]

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 16, 2012 06:23PM

marty
Hope we get to see warm-ups. I wasn't planning on buying the early game, so this $9.95 for a day pass is great.

popcornbananapopcorn

Hopefully the throngs of fans at the early game won't block the camera shots!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: March 16, 2012 06:31PM

French Rage
marty

popcornbananapopcorn

Hopefully the throngs of fans at the early game won't block the camera shots!

Adam should interview Bill Howard on the attributes of RPI-TV.yark

Date: March 16, 2012 06:40PM

The Fridge's mention of Russ Anderson is confirmed here as is his Miss America wife's history.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 06:43PM by marty.

Posted by: jtn27 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 08:18PM

I like how the RPI announcer had to confirm that Art Dorrington was the first African American to sign an NHL contract even though he never got out of the minors. It's understandable that the announcer had never heard of him before but he didn't have to make it so obvious when he was doing the interview.

Posted by: CUrafter (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2012 08:22PM

Can someone post the score? I can't watch where I am and the ECAC website isn't updating scores.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 08:26PM

CUrafter
Can someone post the score? I can't watch where I am and the ECAC website isn't updating scores.

Harvard 2 - CU 0

You can follow update here pretty easily:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: ChipJ (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 08:38PM

4-0 now. We are getting wiped off the ice. Ugly.

Posted by: profudge (---.dr04.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 08:55PM

4 - 0 at end of 2nd period -

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 09:01PM

ChipJ

7 shots for 2 periods.
McCarron takes an ugly/unnecessary penalty while we're on the PP.
Isles going down on almost every shot.
Team skating like they're on 'ludes.
WTF, guys!!!???
cuss

Posted by: ScrewBU (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2012 10:05PM

Johnny 5
ChipJ

7 shots for 2 periods.
WTF, guys!!!???
cuss

This is what you get every year with coach Schafer. Play the same ineffective game. Cheap shots. Dives. Gutless, heartless. Rolling over when things don't go your way. Seen it too many times. Fire this asshole now. And the scrubby, talentless players they have now will get gradually replaced by guys that play the game right, or at the very least will continue to put in an effort when (gasp!) they have to come from behind. Just desserts for a bunch of losers who don't seem to treat Lynah with any sort of respect and let even worse teams come into our barn and beat us.

The fact that this team is still in contention for an NCAA bid is a testament to how flawed the system is. Losing this game but winning the consolation game is somehow the same as making it to the championship but losing to Union? Tell that to Harvard if they lose tomorrow night that they are out but Cornell is in. If you think Cornell deserves to be in the tournament, you are a fucking idiot!

FIRE SCHAFER NOW!

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.client.stsn.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 10:23PM

Johnny 5
ChipJ

7 shots for 2 periods.
WTF, guys!!!???
cuss
This may not be the worst effort I've ever seen from a Cornell team, but it was pretty piss poor. And what makes it worse than (say) 2006, which was also a terrible showing, is (a) that it's the semis, meaning I'm stuck for a (basically pointless) consolation game and (b) that the place I'm stuck in is fucking Atlantic City, an expensive shithole 7 hours from home. Fuck you, ECAC.

Okay, now that I've got that out of my system... fuck you, ECAC.

I do feel better, before anyone asks. :-)

Posted by: redbear_71 (---.ed.shawcable.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 11:06PM

ScrewBU
Johnny 5
ChipJ

7 shots for 2 periods.
WTF, guys!!!???
cuss

This is what you get every year with coach Schafer. Play the same ineffective game. Cheap shots. Dives. Gutless, heartless. Rolling over when things don't go your way. Seen it too many times. Fire this asshole now. And the scrubby, talentless players they have now will get gradually replaced by guys that play the game right, or at the very least will continue to put in an effort when (gasp!) they have to come from behind. Just desserts for a bunch of losers who don't seem to treat Lynah with any sort of respect and let even worse teams come into our barn and beat us.

The fact that this team is still in contention for an NCAA bid is a testament to how flawed the system is. Losing this game but winning the consolation game is somehow the same as making it to the championship but losing to Union? Tell that to Harvard if they lose tomorrow night that they are out but Cornell is in. If you think Cornell deserves to be in the tournament, you are a fucking idiot!

FIRE SCHAFER NOW!

Thank you.... could not say it any better.

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2012 12:10AM

We've come back from bad playoff loses before - '06 where we lost 6-2 in the ECAC final but then beat CC and battled Wisc. into triple overtime. This is our team and our school - let's stick behind them, for better or worse.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 17, 2012 12:42AM

In the name of all things holy I wish to thank Dr. Seuss' only son Jay.
It must have been his divine intervention that prevented the national media from broadcasting this debacle.
Our recruiting might otherwise have suffered harm of biblical proportions.

pain

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 17, 2012 08:03AM

jkahn
We've come back from bad playoff loses before - '06 where we lost 6-2 in the ECAC final but then beat CC and battled Wisc. into triple overtime. This is our team and our school - let's stick behind them, for better or worse.

I always thought it's harder to stomach (or recover from) a heart breaking woulda/shoulda/coulda loss than an old fashion ass-kicking. This was disappointing, but I wouldn't expect a similar effort today. Just need a five game unbeaten streak from here.... LGR!

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 17, 2012 10:38AM

jeff '84
jkahn

I always thought it's harder to stomach (or recover from) a heart breaking woulda/shoulda/coulda loss than an old fashion ass-kicking. This was disappointing, but I wouldn't expect a similar effort today. Just need a five game unbeaten streak from here.... LGR!

I will settle for three. Everything else is just a little extra.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 17, 2012 10:42AM

jkahn

Cornell was the only team to hold Wisconsin as well and be as competitive with Wisconsin, the eventual national champion in 2006. I neither expected nor enjoyed the loss or its quality yesterday, but all is not lost.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: ChipJ (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 17, 2012 02:54PM

Yes the RPITV broadcast was really good! Well worth the $ - the quality of the picture and the camera work were much better than I expected. Too bad our team's performance was at the other end of the performance spectrum.

Posted by: slh10 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2012 06:44PM

I should not feed the troll, but you have no clue. Stick to something you know, like being an asshole.

Posted by: adamw (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2012 08:33PM

jtn27
I like how the RPI announcer had to confirm that Art Dorrington was the first African American to sign an NHL contract even though he never got out of the minors. It's understandable that the announcer had never heard of him before but he didn't have to make it so obvious when he was doing the interview.

That was me - I'm not an RPI announcer - It was RPI's production crew - not the same.

In any event, I have no problem admitting I didn't know Art Dorrington. :) ... I found out before interviewing him, so I certainly could've made believe I knew it all along - but why do that? What if the info I was handed was wrong? Figured I'd confirm it with him - and there was no other way to do that except live. Give me credit for knowing that the Boardwalk Bullies won an ECHL championship there in 2003. :)

Date: March 18, 2012 08:57PM

adamw
jtn27

That was me - I'm not an RPI announcer - It was RPI's production crew - not the same.

In any event, I have no problem admitting I didn't know Art Dorrington. :) ... I found out before interviewing him, so I certainly could've made believe I knew it all along - but why do that? What if the info I was handed was wrong? Figured I'd confirm it with him - and there was no other way to do that except live. Give me credit for knowing that the Boardwalk Bullies won an ECHL championship there in 2003. :)

More to the point of course is that no one on elynah knew who Art Dorrington was before Friday, either, but some of us knew "the RPI announcer" .;-) I'll let jtn Google that one.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2012 10:29PM

Adam, did you write the whole ECAC history piece in the program? If so, is it yours or the ECACs? It's the best that I can remember ever seeing. For those who didn't see it, get a copy if you can, it's good.

Posted by: nshapiro (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2012 11:07PM

Boardwalk Bullies 2003 championship banner is hanging in Boardwalk Hall.

Date: March 18, 2012 11:17PM

marty
adamw
jtn27

More to the point of course is that no one on elynah knew who Art Dorrington was before Friday, either, but some of us knew "the RPI announcer" .;-) I'll let jtn Google that one.

No offense to you. I probably would have done the same thing if I was in a situation where I couldn't confirm it before the live interview. I just found it amusing. And as for not catching your name and assuming that you were with RPI, I just wasn't really paying attention.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2012 11:20PM by jtn27.

Posted by: adamw (---.bms.com)
Date: March 19, 2012 12:05PM

Jim Hyla
Adam, did you write the whole ECAC history piece in the program? If so, is it yours or the ECACs? It's the best that I can remember ever seeing. For those who didn't see it, get a copy if you can, it's good.

I wrote that last year -- was it in the program again this year?

Date: March 19, 2012 12:06PM

adamw
Jim Hyla

Is it online anywhere?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: March 19, 2012 01:28PM

adamw
Jim Hyla

Yes, I couldn't go last year. That's why I wondered for others, could it be put online or something.

Posted by: adamw (---.bms.com)
Date: March 19, 2012 01:30PM

Jim Hyla
Yes, I couldn't go last year. That's why I wondered for others, could it be put online or something.

I think you'd have to ask them - although I just noticed 3 typos from the version I submitted to them - don't know if they were corrected when it appeared in the program.

My goal is to one day write a book on all of that - more with stories than facts. If they say it's OK, I can put it on CHN ... If I remember to ask, I will...

Posted by: marty (---.sub-166-248-16.myvzw.com)
Date: March 19, 2012 04:35PM

Jim Hyla
adamw
Jim Hyla

Where's wikileaks when you need them?smashfreak

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2012 07:35AM

In case anyone still cares about last weekend, all four games from AC are now up on RPI-TV's website. The software attempts to compute the optimal resolution based upon your internet connection speed. From my observation, it tends to take about a minute to settle down. The resolution can also be adjusted manually while it is running.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login