Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell Hockey Gear (incl. 2010 ECAC Championship) on Clearance

Posted by Beeeej 
Cornell Hockey Gear (incl. 2010 ECAC Championship) on Clearance
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 22, 2012 11:35AM

CollegeHockeyGear.com is running clearance on several Cornell items, most of them commemorating our 2010 ECAC tournament championship, at fairly good discounts:

[www.collegehockeygear.com]

I have no affiliation with them and don't receive a cut of your purchase. :-) I just stumbled across it and thought people might be interested.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: Cornell Hockey Gear (incl. 2010 ECAC Championship) on Clearance
Posted by: RichH (167.225.107.---)
Date: March 22, 2012 11:41AM

Ha! I clicked on the 2012 FF gear, and the mock-up graphics have placeholder team logos, like these companies normally do. The four they chose? Three of the four #1 seeds (BC, Michigan, a non-Sioux North Dakota) and instead of dropping in a Union logo, they put a Colorado College logo as the 4th. CC didn't make the tournament. I find this very amusing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 11:43AM by RichH.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 22, 2012 01:15PM

RichH
Ha! I clicked on the 2012 FF gear, and the mock-up graphics have placeholder team logos, like these companies normally do. The four they chose? Three of the four #1 seeds (BC, Michigan, a non-Sioux North Dakota) and instead of dropping in a Union logo, they put a Colorado College logo as the 4th. CC didn't make the tournament. I find this very amusing.

I doubt they have a Union logo at hand. They only have logos they've had to use before for teams that had won something at some point in their existence.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: March 22, 2012 01:26PM

Am I the only one who doesn't get the Union hate? I'm glad to see a former ECAC cellar dweller have some success: a few more schools and the ECAC might emerge from the also-rans of D1 hockey. I hope their success continues, though of course not at Cornell's expense.

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.mobility-up.psu.edu)
Date: March 22, 2012 01:29PM

Kyle Rose
Am I the only one who doesn't get the Union hate? I'm glad to see a former ECAC cellar dweller have some success: a few more schools and the ECAC might emerge from the also-rans of D1 hockey. I hope their success continues, though of course not at Cornell's expense.

I thought Union hockey was quaint and cheered it on in 2010 and 2011. Then, I interacted with their fans this year. That is all I have to offer on the topic. I think it says it all.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Date: March 22, 2012 01:30PM

Kyle Rose

It's not necessarily that we hate Union just for being Union - though there is an element of that, given that they often seemed to have our number even in years when we were good and they were trying to find the cellar door. I think it's more that, this year, Union fans are acting either like they've been great all along, or like they expect to occupy the Cleary and Whitelaw Cups permanently.

I agree that it would be nice to see the ECAC have a better showing on the national stage, and Union's OOC performance this year was a nice addition. Now let's see them win some OOC games that count for something.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 22, 2012 01:33PM

Beeeej
I think it's more that, this year, Union fans are acting either like they've been great all along, or like they expect to occupy the Cleary and Whitelaw Cups permanently.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 01:34PM by French Rage.

Date: March 22, 2012 01:44PM

Beeeej
Union fans are acting either like they've been great all along, or like they expect to occupy the Cleary and Whitelaw Cups permanently.

If online interactions count, I have engaged in numerous conversations that devolve into Union fans calling Clarkson, RPI, and sometimes Cornell the "bottom feeders" of the ECAC. A Union fan in AC referred to Cornell fans as "disgusting" and "obnoxious" for our chants, this in itself is not entirely irksome. All I could think is he should be glad that he is not a dedicated enough fan to have made the trip to Yost earlier in the year. Imagine his horror at what the Children of Yost do.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 22, 2012 01:49PM

Regardless of the antics of a few fans, I hope that they do well. I want to see the conference have success. I will admit that I even cheered for Harvard in '89. Hatred is overrated in my view. $0.02.

Date: March 22, 2012 01:55PM

Beeeej
It's not necessarily that we hate Union just for being Union - though there is an element of that, given that they often seemed to have our number even in years when we were good and they were trying to find the cellar door. I think it's more that, this year, Union fans are acting either like they've been great all along, or like they expect to occupy the Cleary and Whitelaw Cups permanently.
I'm having a hard time wishing ill will on a team for their douchey fans (and I think you are too), that's all. Remember that a lot of other teams' fans think Cornell fans are douchey.

Date: March 22, 2012 01:59PM

Kyle Rose
Beeeej
I'm having a hard time wishing ill will on a team for their douchey fans (and I think you are too), that's all. Remember that a lot of other teams' fans think Cornell fans are douchey.

Well, sure. But they're wrong. banana

- Steve Worona

Date: March 22, 2012 02:01PM

Kyle Rose
Beeeej

Fair point. How many of their fans cheer on Cornell?

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2012 02:09PM

Kyle Rose
One time I was falsely accused of swearing at a child before a game at Union and almost got kicked out of their shitty arena as a result. So for me, there's personal distaste coupled with the general obnoxiousness of their fans that others have noted.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-166-248-1.myvzw.com)
Date: March 22, 2012 02:18PM

Beeeej
Kyle Rose
Beeeej

Well were obnoxious after winning in Albany in 2010. And I think some of the fans remember that "losing team" thing.

We had the argument two years ago concerning how much we should have rubbed it in.

Posted by: Robb (192.206.89.---)
Date: March 22, 2012 03:08PM

marty
Beeeej
Kyle Rose
Beeeej

Well were obnoxious after winning in Albany in 2010. And I think some of the fans remember that "losing team" thing.

We had the argument two years ago concerning how much we should have rubbed it in.
Why should you ever not rub it in? I feel cheated whenever opposing "fans" don't say anything to us... Maybe I'm just weird that way.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2012 03:23PM

For me it's the Union fans. Last year one of their dear students came up to me at Achilles, bumped me and stole the newspapers. I told their cop, but he could care less. Their language directed to me as I was walking past their section, minding my own business mind you, was atrocious. This year while walking out of the ECACs I was talking to a fan, and said they should get some cheers, and he went up one side of me and down another. Even accused us of stealing our cheers from Michigan. No way could I set him straight.

I want the ECAC to do well, but would find it a lot easier to cheer for Harvard and their no fans, than Union and their obnoxious fans. I'll see how I feel in front of the TV tomorrow. If I knew we would win, I'd be thinking of being anti.

Posted by: jtn27 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2012 03:48PM

Jim Hyla
For me it's the Union fans. Last year one of their dear students came up to me at Achilles, bumped me and stole the newspapers. I told their cop, but he could care less. Their language directed to me as I was walking past their section, minding my own business mind you, was atrocious. This year while walking out of the ECACs I was talking to a fan, and said they should get some cheers, and he went up one side of me and down another. Even accused us of stealing our cheers from Michigan. No way could I set him straight.

I want the ECAC to do well, but would find it a lot easier to cheer for Harvard and their no fans, than Union and their obnoxious fans. I'll see how I feel in front of the TV tomorrow. If I knew we would win, I'd be thinking of being anti.

I want Union to win this weekend, but only if Cornell does too. Ideally, I would like to see a Cornell-Union rematch in the Frozen Four (however, I don't see either team making it to the Frozen Four).

Date: March 22, 2012 03:51PM

jtn27
I want Union to win this weekend, but only if Cornell does too. Ideally, I would like to see a Cornell-Union rematch in the Frozen Four (however, I don't see either team making it to the Frozen Four).

I think Union's actually got a halfway decent shot at it.

And quite frankly, I didn't see the 2006 Cornell team making it past the first round, but they did, and then took the eventual national champion to triple overtime. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: css228 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2012 03:55PM

Beeeej
jtn27

And quite frankly, I didn't see the 2006 Cornell team making it past the first round, but they did, and then took the eventual national champion to triple overtime. Nothing would surprise me anymore.
Honestly, if anything surprises anyone after Bemidji and Miami made the Frozen Four in 09 (and then Miami lost the National championship despite having a 2 goal lead in the last minute), then they haven't watched much college hockey. It's two games to get into a Frozen Four. Literally any team in then field can win two games in a row, even Air Force. Lets just hope Iles is seeing the puck well this weekend.
*That said there are games I'd much rather see in the tournament than Union-Cornell (i.e. BU rematch).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 03:58PM by css228.

Date: March 22, 2012 03:56PM

Beeeej
jtn27

Obviously, I want Cornell to win the national championship, but objectively in the bracket I filled out I have Cornell losing in the first round and Union losing in the second to Miami.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.28.---)
Date: March 22, 2012 03:58PM

jtn27
Beeeej
jtn27

Obviously, I want Cornell to win the national championship, but objectively in the bracket I filled out I have Cornell losing in the first round and Union losing in the second to Miami.

Big office pool?

Posted by: marty (---.sub-166-248-25.myvzw.com)
Date: March 22, 2012 03:58PM

Jim Hyla

This year one of the older fans made a crack after the Union tie. Mind you we outplayed them for most of the game and all I could think of was that it was pay back for us being on top for so long. If he wants to be an ignorant fan there isn't a lot I can do to change that. I hope he gets off the couch and travels to Bridgeport.

Date: March 22, 2012 04:00PM

jtn27
Beeeej

Yeah... I don't enter bracket contests expecting to win them. Since I won the first one I ever entered, the Daily Sun's men's hoops contest in 1991 (who knew Duke wasn't a popular pick?), all subsequent ones have been just for fun.

I picked a Cornell vs. Union and BC vs. North Dakota Frozen Four in Tampa, with a Cornell victory over North Dakota in the title game. I don't think it's going to happen, but I'll look like a freakin' GENIUS if it does.

- Steve Worona

Date: March 22, 2012 04:07PM

Beeeej
jtn27

It used to be a pretty safe bet that the National Champion was going to come from a pool of 3-4 teams that dominated the entire season. I feel that era is gone...the tournament wins by Holy Cross and Air Force signaled it, and it's been hammered home by the FF appearances by Bemidji and RIT. It's a pretty wide-open field this year. Remember how easy it was to flip us to a 1 seed by changing 1 result.

Red Berenson himself said it himself last weekend:

“Let’s face it, we’re not that good...We’re not any better than anybody else, but I don’t think we’re any worse than anyone else.”

Date: March 22, 2012 04:20PM

RichH
Beeeej
jtn27

It used to be a pretty safe bet that the National Champion was going to come from a pool of 3-4 teams that dominated the entire season. I feel that era is gone...the tournament wins by Holy Cross and Air Force signaled it, and it's been hammered home by the FF appearances by Bemidji and RIT. It's a pretty wide-open field this year. Remember how easy it was to flip us to a 1 seed by changing 1 result.

“Let’s face it, we’re not that good...We’re not any better than anybody else, but I don’t think we’re any worse than anyone else.”
I'll believe in the parity myth when there is an ECAC team in the Frozen Four 4 out of every 5 years and an ECAC champion 1 out of every 5 years. Until then, it's horseshit, plain and simple.

Date: March 22, 2012 04:22PM

Kyle Rose
RichH

I'll believe in the parity myth when there is an ECAC team in the Frozen Four 4 out of every 5 years and an ECAC champion 1 out of every 5 years. Until then, it's horseshit, plain and simple.

Suggestions of "parity" and comments about a "wide-open field" do not equal an assertion that there's a statistical certainty of perfectly proportional results.

- Steve Worona

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 04:23PM by Beeeej.

Date: March 22, 2012 04:25PM

Beeeej
Kyle Rose
RichH

Suggestions of "parity" and comments about a "wide-open field" do not equal an assertion that there's a statistical certainty of perfectly proportional results.
You know perfectly well that I'm talking about results over a long period of time. Like my message from last weekend:
[elf.elynah.com]

Date: March 22, 2012 04:25PM

Jordan 04
jtn27
Beeeej
jtn27

Big office pool?

No. I'm trying to beat Ben in the picks competition on our podcast/blog (see link below). Although maybe I should have picked Cornell to win everything. I even made a bracket for the NFL playoffs this year and defied logic by picking the Giants.

Date: March 22, 2012 04:27PM

Kyle Rose
Beeeej
Kyle Rose
RichH

You know perfectly well that I'm talking about results over a long period of time. Like my message from last weekend:
[elf.elynah.com]

Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. And I'm saying we're talking about different things. Saying that tournament games seem to be up for grabs more than they used to, and that no result would be that surprising, isn't the same as suggesting that there's genuine parity in the game.

- Steve Worona

Date: March 22, 2012 04:28PM

I watched Michigan's semifinal game vs BGSU and final game vs WMU. On the positive side (from their perspective), they're a pretty resilient bunch as they came back from a 2 goal deficit vs BGSU and clawed back into the game vs WMU after falling behind 3-0, they have a phenomenal goalie and they have a LOT of speed. Re. their speed I will be interested to see how Cornell handles this. That said, they're not that good as in my view they lack a little touch (lots of incomplete passes) and don't have much finishing skill. They have a number of young players with significant roles, I think they graduated something like 7-8 seniors last year. Basically, I think that Cornell can beat them if they can deal with their speed.

Date: March 22, 2012 04:33PM

Kyle Rose
[elf.elynah.com]

And anyway, even if we were having the parity discussion again, who's to say that we're not just at an unfortunately skewed end of that long period of time? Maybe Cornell will win seven Frozen Fours over the next twelve years to balance it all out. whistle

- Steve Worona

Date: March 22, 2012 04:44PM

Beeeej
Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. And I'm saying we're talking about different things. Saying that tournament games seem to be up for grabs more than they used to, and that no result would be that surprising, isn't the same as suggesting that there's genuine parity in the game.
Ok, IAWYASYN.

Date: March 22, 2012 04:50PM

Kyle Rose
RichH
Beeeej
jtn27

Wow, dude. My point was simply that the "top dogs" nationally are no longer unbeatable juggernauts, illustrated by the coach of the #2 overall seed saying that they aren't that good. How you read that into my suggesting that the ECAC is back as a "Big 4" conference, I'll never understand, but hey when you have an axe to grind, go after anything that looks like a stone. Jeez.

Date: March 22, 2012 04:56PM

RichH
Wow, dude. My point was simply that the "top dogs" nationally are no longer unbeatable juggernauts, illustrated by the coach of the #2 overall seed saying that they aren't that good. How you read that into my suggesting that the ECAC is back as a "Big 4" conference, I'll never understand, but hey when you have an axe to grind, go after anything that looks like a stone. Jeez.
I think you should read it more as bitterness on my part than anything else: it's gracious of Red to say so, but the fact is that the usual big names are almost always there at the end of the season regardless of how much things might have evened out over the years. Anyway, no offense to you was intended.

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: March 22, 2012 05:33PM

Kyle Rose
RichH
I think you should read it more as bitterness on my part than anything else: it's gracious of Red to say so, but the fact is that the usual big names are almost always there at the end of the season regardless of how much things might have evened out over the years. Anyway, no offense to you was intended.

No problem, and I share your frustration.

I must admit that for whatever reason, I've completely ignored the CCHA this year. But man, they got five teams in, and a team that didn't win either of their regular season or tournament titles is sitting as the #2 overall NCAA seed. In fact there are only 3 CCHA teams not to have made the NCAAs in the past three years (Ohio St., Lake St., Bowling Green). Back in the day, I used to label the CCHA as "Michigan, Michigan St., and a bunch of filler." That's a conference that has gotten its act together.

Date: March 22, 2012 07:55PM

Miami has been a pretty solid program since '96 or so. WMU and Notre Dame have really improved as well. As a Michigan fan in my spare time (e.g. second fiddle to Cornell), I'm sad to see Michigan going to a lame Big 10 conference with 6 teams. I feel that some teams are left out to dry and I think a 6 team conference (with in all likelihood one team that will be lame for years, PSU) is really weak.

I'm interested in whether Cornell fans care about what's going on across other conferences and whether you view it as a positive or negative.

Date: March 22, 2012 08:09PM

RatushnyFan
Miami has been a pretty solid program since '96 or so. WMU and Notre Dame have really improved as well. As a Michigan fan in my spare time (e.g. second fiddle to Cornell), I'm sad to see Michigan going to a lame Big 10 conference with 6 teams. I feel that some teams are left out to dry and I think a 6 team conference (with in all likelihood one team that will be lame for years, PSU) is really weak.

I'm interested in whether Cornell fans care about what's going on across other conferences and whether you view it as a positive or negative.
I don't necessarily see a BTHC as a negative, but I don't like their lack of respect for the current system (see rotating tourney site). For obvious reasons, they don't really care if they massively change the landscape and weaken other programs and conferences, but at the same time, the sport is more entertaining because of the small schools playing, and often beating, the big boys. I'd love to see more exposure, but not if it would risk the ability for schools like Cornell to compete, which it might. I don't really have too much else to say about it because it really hasn't affected the ECAC at this point, but I have to say that the Big Ten program I have the best opinion about following the formation of the conference is Minnesota, because they were ultimately forced into a Big Ten move by the other schools. From what I understand, they didn't want to lose their traditional Minnesota and WCHA rivalries that are now at risk due to a limited OOC schedule. I hope there's still room for Sioux - Gophers because rivalries like that are just good for the sport and because I'm on the east coast so I really don't have to listen to either of their insufferable fan bases go on about their hockey superiority.

Date: March 22, 2012 08:22PM

Sorry about the thread drift. How could they have a limited OOC schedule when they have 5 conference opponents? I guess North Dakota and others may have limitations.

I think we agree in some ways. I think schools like BGSU and LSSU were hung out to dry and given no consideration. Miami is a relatively small school and they've turned into a consistent winner. I will miss Michigan playing some of the smaller schools for sure and I really don't like playing the same teams over and over again.

Date: March 22, 2012 08:23PM

RatushnyFan

I think PSU has the will and the money to build a fairly successful program men's hockey within 3-4 years.

- Steve Worona

Date: March 22, 2012 08:30PM

RatushnyFan
Sorry about the thread drift. How could they have a limited OOC schedule when they have 5 conference opponents? I guess North Dakota and others may have limitations.

I think we agree in some ways. I think schools like BGSU and LSSU were hung out to dry and given no consideration. Miami is a relatively small school and they've turned into a consistent winner. I will miss Michigan playing some of the smaller schools for sure and I really don't like playing the same teams over and over again.
Yeah other schools have a limited schedule, and even then, the Big 10 schools don't have enough games to go around for all their former conference opponents and their traditional out of conference games. By the time Michigan has all of its conference games, games against big time OOC opponents, games against former conference rivals like Notre Dame, what is left for the other Michigan schools? Even if they play Michigan won't be coming to their rink. It is what it is, but its definitely sad.

Date: March 22, 2012 08:57PM

RatushnyFan

Strangely, not all Michigan fans agree with you. Some seem to think the Big 10 Conference will be an upgrade over the CCHA.
Children of Yost
There are 364 days until Michigan leaves the CCHA. #thankgod #oneyearsworthoffrustration

I don't see how a 6 team conference that includes a school that doesn't even have a hockey team right now could possibly be better than an 11 school conference with 5 teams in this year's NCAA Tournament.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 08:59PM by jtn27.

Date: March 22, 2012 08:58PM

Sorry. Duplicate post, and I couldn't figure out how to delete the second post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 08:59PM by jtn27.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2012 10:20PM

RatushnyFan
Miami has been a pretty solid program since '96 or so. WMU and Notre Dame have really improved as well.

Miami has had more weak than strong seasons since 1996. It wasn't until 2006 when they became a national contender. WMU was 4-17-7 in that league as recently as 2010, and this is the first time they've finished higher than 4th since 1986. Notre Dame had a nice run between '07-'11, but picked a good time to start sinking, right before the move to HEA. I have a long-standing beef with Notre Dame, mainly because with the emergence of the online college hockey community in the mid-90s, I got really tired of people saying "this will be the year ND becomes a hockey power." every year. I only took them until 2007 to be right.

Date: March 22, 2012 11:07PM

I agree on WMU but I think that Notre Dame will be here to stay. I believe in Jeff Jackson, pure and simple. Look what he did both at LSSU and Notre Dame. Wow He inherited a strong program at the time at LSSU but Notre Dame was weak.

Miami has 12 seasons above .500 since and including '96-'97 and only 4 seasons below .500. They have been outstanding. Miami record

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: March 23, 2012 12:07AM

jtn27
Strangely, not all Michigan fans agree with you. Some seem to think the Big 10 Conference will be an upgrade over the CCHA.

I don't see how a 6 team conference that includes a school that doesn't even have a hockey team right now could possibly be better than an 11 school conference with 5 teams in this year's NCAA Tournament.

You misunderstand the mentality of the insitutions of the Big Ten. The Big Ten is not only an athletic conference, but a sense of identity, much like the Ivy League in that respect. So, many Wolverines view their natural place as among their peers in the Big Ten. It is an organization that many refer to as almost having a familial quality. So, while they lament the passing of an era of the CCHA and their traditional rivals it has the feeling of a homecoming of sorts to many of the students and teams of the Big Ten.

Also, I assume you mean Penn State does not have a hockey team. Well, they have been recruiting Division I-level prospects for over a year, many played for Penn State in its last club year. They have begun to encroach on the recruitment prospects and territory of BC, BU, Cornell, and Michigan. A recently committed defenseman was recruited by both Cornell and Michigan. I've watched many of their games including their game against Division III Neumann at Citizens Bank Park. The team lacks some finesse and rigorous systemics, but Gadowsky had the team improved markedly by the end of the season. Penn State finished third in the ACHA Divison I national tournament when it was upset in the ACHA DI semifinals. Not that flattering of a result one might think, but one must consider that Gadowsky chose to bench his points leader during the loss because he engaged in chirping with a goaltender who had headbutted him earlier in the game that precipitated a fight. Gadowsky stated that he would not tolerate it. Beeeej is exactly right. I think Penn State will be competitive in three years and begin to show dominance in five. The only element of the game they lack is goaltending. They've recruited a new goaltender for next year. They've booked Air Force, Wisconsin, RIT, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Union for next season at least. I know I'm hoping for some points for Penn State out of their weekend at Messa Rink. Penn State will be competitive, I hope that Cornell does not underestimate them on the not all too unlikely chance that they play in Lynah next season.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2012 01:06AM

RatushnyFan
I agree on WMU but I think that Notre Dame will be here to stay. I believe in Jeff Jackson, pure and simple. Look what he did both at LSSU and Notre Dame. Wow He inherited a strong program at the time at LSSU but Notre Dame was weak.

Miami has 12 seasons above .500 since and including '96-'97 and only 4 seasons below .500. They have been outstanding. Miami record

Good point on Jackson.

I guess we have a different definition of "outstanding" when it comes to Miami. Miami was 171-175-33 (0.495) between 1996 and 2005, with a total of two tournament appearances. They have been outstanding since 2006: 182-76-29 (0.684) with seven tournament appearances.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 23, 2012 08:22AM

RichH
I must admit that for whatever reason, I've completely ignored the CCHA this year. But man, they got five teams in, and a team that didn't win either of their regular season or tournament titles is sitting as the #2 overall NCAA seed. In fact there are only 3 CCHA teams not to have made the NCAAs in the past three years (Ohio St., Lake St., Bowling Green). Back in the day, I used to label the CCHA as "Michigan, Michigan St., and a bunch of filler." That's a conference that has gotten its act together.

Break 'em up! Oh, wait...

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login