Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Albany Roll Call II: Electric Boogaloo (NCAA Regionals)

Posted by Beeeej 
Albany Roll Call II: Electric Boogaloo (NCAA Regionals)
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 23, 2010 12:22PM

Given my work situation, I can't guarantee that I'll actually be there in time for Friday night's game, but I've apparently bought tickets.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: Albany Roll Call II: Electric Boogaloo (NCAA Regionals)
Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 12:33PM

Can't go Friday but just like in the ECACs I'll be there on Saturday if we win on Friday

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 12:36PM

I'll be there. I'll be around.

Posted by: sockralex (170.202.22.---)
Date: March 23, 2010 12:43PM

I will be there with my now fiancé (as of Saturday) and my best friend from high school who is an RIT alum. Hoping for another great Cornell sports weekend!

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 23, 2010 12:50PM

Well, I guess I picked the worst possible year in a long time to miss the tourney (though the Sebring 12 Hours were great), but I get a reprieve this weekend. I'll be there +3.

Posted by: cquinn (---.goodrich.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 01:03PM

I'll be there, +3.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 01:05PM

+9 or so. There goes another $600 on the credit card.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 01:10PM

Will be there with my wife Jaime on Friday. Will be back in Ithaca watching daughter in musical and then game on TV on Saturday. If the musical started a half hour earlier, or ran a half hour shorter, or if the game was scheduled for a half hour later we would have been driving back to Albany, assuming we had won on Friday night. Oh well.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 01:15PM

Somers and I will be back, along with a couple of my old fraternity brothers. I'm happy if 116 is standing. Don't know about those other "old" guys.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.dsl1-field.roch.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 01:21PM

ebilmes

I'll be there as part of this +9 crowd.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 01:35PM

amerks127
ebilmes

I'll be there as part of this +9 crowd.
So that means he's paying, right?

Posted by: judy (---.z190-90-67.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 01:44PM

I'll be there as well. It's like deja vu. Same flight up, same rink, same hotel. It would be freaky if 'm back in the same room.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 02:25PM

judy
I'll be there as well. It's like deja vu. Same flight up, same rink, same hotel. It would be freaky if 'm back in the same room.
I'll take a pair of 3-0 wins, though.

Posted by: AnneDVM (---.ROC.onecommunications.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 02:28PM

Chris and I will be there, although if they win Friday, we'll drive back to MA so I can work Saturday morning, then return to Albany for Saturday night.

I think we'll stay somewhere different to break up the monotony!

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 04:31PM

I'll be there.

Arriving from Syracuse the night before (hopefully with a big smile on my face). banana

Posted by: tretiak (---.resnet.ucsb.edu)
Date: March 23, 2010 04:56PM

Anyone going to Albany from Syracuse with room in their car for 2 people (two guys - '08 and '09)? PM me please. Thanks.

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 06:34PM

So far I have been unsuccessful in talking my wife into the fact that it will be now problem to bring a 3 1/2 week old baby. She also isn't too keen on me going with a few friends even if I drive back home Friday night and only go back Saturday if they win.

I still think we should take our new daughter to see her first game. She was at the BU game, but she had an obstructed view seat. :-)

Posted by: sockralex (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 07:04PM

cth95
So far I have been unsuccessful in talking my wife into the fact that it will be now problem to bring a 3 1/2 week old baby. She also isn't too keen on me going with a few friends even if I drive back home Friday night and only go back Saturday if they win.

I still think we should take our new daughter to see her first game. She was at the BU game, but she had an obstructed view seat. :-)

I am very hopeful that by marrying a fellow Lynah Faithful I can avoid this problem. We celebrated our engagement on Saturday by seeing Cornell get the ECAC Championship. Doesn't get much better than that!

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 07:08PM

sockralex
cth95

I am very hopeful that by marrying a fellow Lynah Faithful I can avoid this problem. We celebrated our engagement on Saturday by seeing Cornell get the ECAC Championship. Doesn't get much better than that!
Great move, Alex. Congratulations.

Posted by: sockralex (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 07:21PM

Al DeFlorio
sockralex
cth95

Great move, Alex. Congratulations.

Thanks, Al. "Hopeful" is the key word though.:-)

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 07:45PM

sockralex

Congratulations on the engagement. Actually, my wife has been great. She has been really impressed with the Faithful and does enjoy going to the games. She is actually a UHN grad, but she will probably root for us this weekend. If our new baby was just a little older, I'm sure we would be going and bringing her.

I would really like to go, but I understand why my wife isn't into it this year. It probably wouldn't be easy changing diapers and nursing every couple of hours in a hockey arena.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 08:11PM

Sherri and I will be there Friday. I may be alone Saturday. Man, I can't leave that statement unanswered. Sherri's mom may be up and she'd stay home; I haven't been kicked out of the house yet.

Posted by: Will (66.152.125.---)
Date: March 23, 2010 08:46PM

sockralex
cth95

Congratulations! I have to say, marrying a fellow member of the Faithful certainly makes hockey road trips easier. Now if only work and money weren't making figuring out how to afford those trips more difficult.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: March 23, 2010 09:08PM

CowbellGuy
Well, I guess I picked the worst possible year in a long time to miss the tourney (though the Sebring 12 Hours were great), but I get a reprieve this weekend. I'll be there +3.

Wait, what?, the guy who created eLynah missed the ECACs to watch some people drive around in cars? drivescrewy

There is no room here for a diversity of interests.

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 11:30PM

I'll be in Albany on Friday after Syracuse on Thursday!

Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 24, 2010 12:42AM

sen'08 and I will be there on Friday, and she on Saturday as well if we win, although I'll unfortunately have to watch from home in NJ.

Posted by: HeafDog (---.c3-0.80w-ubr1.nyr-80w.ny.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 24, 2010 12:43AM

Josh 03
I'll be in Albany on Friday after Syracuse on Thursday!

Ditto. Me +1 (at least), same scenario.

Posted by: munchkin (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr4.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 24, 2010 08:58AM

Is anyone driving from Boston (or the surrounding area) on Saturday if the team wins on Friday? I will go, I'd just rather not have to shell out for a Zip Car ($$$ for 24 hours).

Posted by: audreybb (---.maine.gov)
Date: March 24, 2010 08:59AM

I'll be there Saturday (with a RIT alum as well). Any plans for a pre-game get-together? Anyone know a good nearby bar?

Posted by: ericho_4511 (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: March 24, 2010 09:19AM

De-lurk. I'll be there +4/5 on Friday, +2/3 Saturday.

Date: March 24, 2010 09:42AM

Will
I have to say, marrying a fellow member of the Faithful certainly makes hockey road trips easier.

D'oh! bang

(Well, the other 11 months of the year are great. ;-) )

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2010 09:48AM

ebilmes
The NCAA is going pro in cash management.

Date: March 24, 2010 09:53AM

sockralex
I will be there with my now fiancé (as of Saturday) and my best friend from high school who is an RIT alum. Hoping for another great Cornell sports weekend!
Good luck to you. Our first date was the NCAA regionals in Providence and Gwen's Smithie friends thought it was incredibly romantic.

Posted by: dbilmes (72.10.101.---)
Date: March 24, 2010 10:57AM

I'll be there, + 2 hopefully, for Saturday's game (and yes, Cornell will be playing on Saturday!). As for a pre-game get together, Jillians is a decent sports bar type place only a few blocks from the arena.

Posted by: rojo (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 24, 2010 10:58AM

Anyone need a ride? I'm leaving Friday @10 am from Brooklyn. Anyone want to split a room at the Best Western on Wolf Road (indoor pool, baby! and total for the room is about $88) I plan to take a swim and then get to the arena around 4. I was at the hotel with my wife and daughter last weekend! If you're already planning to drive, I can leave my car in Brooklyn and go with you. E-mail me at moskcraig@att.net.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2010 10:59AM by rojo.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 24, 2010 11:15AM

I'll be in Albany, but not Syracuse. And because some people had the nerve to ask, if Cornell plays RIT on Saturday, I will be rooting for Cornell. starwars

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: judy (---.z190-90-67.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 24, 2010 11:20AM

jtwcornell91
I'll be in Albany, but not Syracuse. And because some people had the nerve to ask, if Cornell plays RIT on Saturday, I will be rooting for Cornell. starwars

We didn't ask. We demanded and threatened. :-P

Date: March 24, 2010 11:35AM

audreybb
I'll be there Saturday (with a RIT alum as well). Any plans for a pre-game get-together? Anyone know a good nearby bar?

The best pregame gettogether I know of will be the Denver/RIT game. I probably won't make it there in time, though.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nyc.gov)
Date: March 24, 2010 11:43AM

Beeeej
audreybb

The best pregame gettogether I know of will be the Denver/RIT game. I probably won't make it there in time, though.

So we're all in agreement, we're RIT fans for one day, right?

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 24, 2010 11:59AM

Greenberg '97
Beeeej
audreybb

After rooting really hard for Bemidji last year I think I'll be a bit more restrained. Be careful what you wish for and all that.

Date: March 24, 2010 11:59AM

Go, Brick City!

Posted by: lhayes (---.clsphila.org)
Date: March 24, 2010 12:03PM

Will be there Friday with 4 others. My husband (trainbow) and I will be there for all 3 games regardless of Cornell's success.

Sockralex, congrats on your engagement. We spent the Saturday after Cornell's 2004 Friday quarter-final victory over Clarkson fantasizing about getting married at center ice between periods at the ECACs in Albany the following weekend (and he's not even a Cornellian!). Turned out Cornell lost the next two games and didn't get to Albany until after we were married (in a conventional mansion-for-hire). Not too late for you though!

Date: March 24, 2010 12:13PM

ugarte
After rooting really hard for Bemidji last year I think I'll be a bit more restrained. Be careful what you wish for and all that.

Excellent point. I'll just root for fights and multiple suspensions.

I was actually thinking of the geographic proximity and rabid fan base angles, not the easy opponent angle. Anyone who made the tournament, by AQ or otherwise, is not an easy opponent. I think the hardwood showed us that already.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.cluster-g.websense.net)
Date: March 24, 2010 12:17PM

munchkin
Is anyone driving from Boston (or the surrounding area) on Saturday if the team wins on Friday? I will go, I'd just rather not have to shell out for a Zip Car ($$$ for 24 hours).

The Boston-Albany bus is pretty decent. And the Albany bus station is like three blocks from the arena. Just don't go for a layover in Springfield.

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: March 24, 2010 12:17PM

billhoward
Go, Brick City!

Newark?

Date: March 24, 2010 12:20PM

RichH
billhoward
Go, Brick City!

Newark?

Not yet. The Nets don't start playing there until November.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 24, 2010 12:25PM

Greenberg '97
ugarte

Excellent point. I'll just root for fights and multiple suspensions.

Don't forget overtimes to tire them out. Although we don't want them going too long, sice we have the late game. Just enough to take the spring out of their Saturday legs.

Date: March 24, 2010 12:26PM

RichH
billhoward
Go, Brick City!

Newark?

I was thinking Baltimore for an entirely different reason.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-75-236-60.myvzw.com)
Date: March 24, 2010 12:27PM

I will be in 119 with "The Chief" aka Chief Albany Bear whenever he haunts eLynah. Will be accompanied by a long suffering RIP alum who cheered for us at the regionals in 2003.

Janice will be with me in 119 on Saturday.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 24, 2010 01:15PM

Sat. @ 117 cheer LGR
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2010 05:39PM by ajh258.

Date: March 24, 2010 02:31PM

Now it's official... tickets just arrived.

Section 120, +1.5

Date: March 24, 2010 02:41PM

Greenberg '97
Beeeej
audreybb

Some of us will even be wearing RIT jerseys for the early game. cheer

Posted by: munchkin (---.internet.mymmode.com)
Date: March 24, 2010 02:44PM

mnagowski
munchkin

The Boston-Albany bus is pretty decent. And the Albany bus station is like three blocks from the arena. Just don't go for a layover in Springfield.
I secured a ride with other CU alums for Saturday. But thanks for the suggestion. When I was a student I took the bus from Ithaca to Syracuse then Syracuse to Albany my freshman year (06) to go to the ECAC championship so I know exactly how to walk from the bus station to the rink.

Date: March 24, 2010 04:12PM

jtwcornell91
Some of us will even be wearing RIT jerseys for the early game. cheer

I'm going to guess "some" here means "one." ;-)

Posted by: Brian Sullivan (---.sub-72-125-209.myvzw.com)
Date: March 24, 2010 04:16PM

Not that anyone asked, but I'll be at the Crown Plaza, proudly wearing The Shirt ... once I'm off USCHO's clock, of course. Go ECAC Hockey, and LGR!

Posted by: Robb (207.164.135.---)
Date: March 24, 2010 06:31PM

You all suck.

I'm in the airport on my way back to Europe.

panicbangcussflipdscreamworry

Date: March 24, 2010 08:01PM

RichH
billhoward
Go, Brick City!

Newark?
[clear]
Sorry. You'd know this if you grew up in Rochester, otherwise, HUGARA. RIT is called Brick City. Every freaking building on campus (one or two exceptions now) is clad in RIT Orange (it's trademarked) brick. 14 million at last count, including the pavers. More bricks than anyplace except the Great Wall. It benefits a lot from vines IMO. [www.thetigerbeat.com]

(HUGARA: Who gives ...)

Posted by: hockeychick470 (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 24, 2010 09:15PM

I've spent much of the week trying to convince myself that a 7+hr ride each way from DC is not worth itdrive... but have been unsuccessfulnut... so if we win Friday I'll more than likely be there +1 on Saturday. banana

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 24, 2010 09:57PM

billhoward
RichH
billhoward
Go, Brick City!

Newark?
[clear]
Sorry. You'd know this if you grew up in Rochester, otherwise, HUGARA. RIT is called Brick City. Every freaking building on campus (one or two exceptions now) is clad in RIT Orange (it's trademarked) brick. 14 million at last count, including the pavers. More bricks than anyplace except the Great Wall. It benefits a lot from vines IMO. [www.thetigerbeat.com]

So then Brick City has nothing to do with this:
[www.1010wins.com]

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 25, 2010 09:03AM

billhoward
RichH
billhoward
Go, Brick City!

Newark?
[clear]

Right. I'm only from the sticks outside of Rochester. Here in CT, where there's nearly zero knowledge of upstate NY, I have to say I'm from "the Rochester area" (see SNL quote below) and even that gets blank stares. Even when I was at the U of R, I don't think I ever heard the "Brick City" nickname, but I tried not to go out to RITs ugly suburban campus too often. When I did, I always liked that they publicly displayed their DIII hockey championship trophies...I think it was either in a student center or a library or something. I still can't believe the internets voted that campus the winner of the Google Trike contest over Princeton or Stanford, because which campus would you rather look at? Such is irrational internet voting at a tech school.

SNL - The Real World
Brian: Listen to me - I'm from Dublin! Don't any of ya care about that?! [ flees the room in tears ]

[ cut to another Confessional ]

Brian: Well, actually.. I'm not from Dublin - just outside of Dublin. A place called ?? But when people would ask me where that was, I had to explain it's just outside of Dublin. And I got tired of saying "I'm.. from just outside of Dublin." So I started telling me I'm from Dublin. So, nowadays, when people ask me where I'm from, I say I'm from Dublin.
[snltranscripts.jt.org]

Date: March 25, 2010 10:38AM

I cannot be there for tomorrow night's game. :`-(

But I will be there Saturday if we win tomorrow.

- Steve Worona

Date: March 25, 2010 10:49AM

billhoward
RichH
billhoward
Go, Brick City!

Newark?
[clear]

Let me tell you, it doesn't make it very easy to find things on campus. ("It's the brick building behind the other brick building.";)

Date: March 25, 2010 11:00AM

RichH
billhoward
[clear]

Right. I'm only from the sticks outside of Rochester. Here in CT, where there's nearly zero knowledge of upstate NY, I have to say I'm from "the Rochester area" (see SNL quote below) and even that gets blank stares. Even when I was at the U of R, I don't think I ever heard the "Brick City" nickname, but I tried not to go out to RITs ugly suburban campus too often. When I did, I always liked that they publicly displayed their DIII hockey championship trophies...I think it was either in a student center or a library or something. I still can't believe the internets voted that campus the winner of the Google Trike contest over Princeton or Stanford, because which campus would you rather look at? Such is irrational internet voting at a tech school.

Jon Stewart did a piece about the Museum of Play placing toys into its Hall of Fame, and had a line to the effect of "Why don't you folks in Rochester get your heads out of your garbage plates?"

RIT still having banners, trophies, etc from D3 is cool, although it was a bit confusing when the [URL="[url]http://www.rit.edu/news/?v=47423"[/url];]RIT News story[/URL] referred to the Tigers making their "14th trip to [the] 'big dance'".

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: March 25, 2010 11:05AM

jtwcornell91
billhoward
RichH
billhoward
Go, Brick City!

Newark?
[clear]

Let me tell you, it doesn't make it very easy to find things on campus. ("It's the brick building behind the other brick building.";)

At Indiana University in Bloomington, IN, almost all of the buildings are made of limestone from a quarry a few miles outside of town. The symmetry and limestone are nice (especially compared to the eclectic and not ivy-covered buildings at Purdue), but as JTW says, it makes finding the building you need to go to a bit harder.

Date: March 25, 2010 12:31PM

jtwcornell91
RIT still having banners, trophies, etc from D3 is cool, although it was a bit confusing when the [URL="[url]http://www.rit.edu/news/?v=47423"[/url];]RIT News story[/URL] referred to the Tigers making their "14th trip to [the] 'big dance'".

This is also pretty cool: [URL="[url]http://www.rit.edu/news/?v=47433"[/url];]Going for the Triple Crown[/URL]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [url]http://www.elynah.com/tbrw/[/url]

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 25, 2010 12:32PM

Rita
At Indiana University in Bloomington, IN, almost all of the buildings are made of limestone from a quarry a few miles outside of town. The symmetry and limestone are nice (especially compared to the eclectic and not ivy-covered buildings at Purdue), but as JTW says, it makes finding the building you need to go to a bit harder.
CUTTERS!

Posted by: kozaczkies (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: March 25, 2010 04:24PM

Heading down to MA from Vermont on Friday... figured I'd take a "little" detour and catch the game in Albany. LGR!!!

Posted by: adamw (209.71.42.---)
Date: March 25, 2010 04:31PM

With Barry Melrose using a sample size of 1 to anoint Cornell the greatest team ever, and with players in our bracket contest overwhelming choosing Cornell (http://www.collegehockeynews.com/community/bracketcontest/) .... I decided to bring everyone back down to Earth with some horrible memories :)

[www.collegehockeynews.com]

Enjoy ... kinda.

Posted by: TShen (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 25, 2010 06:53PM

I am in for both days. LGR!

Posted by: DevilDerby (---.bio.sunysb.edu)
Date: March 26, 2010 01:14PM

There +1 in ~ 3hrs. Love beer at games, just not the price :(

Posted by: A-19 (---.netsatx.net)
Date: March 26, 2010 08:28PM

DevilDerby
There +1 in ~ 3hrs. Love beer at games, just not the price :(

damn jamie, 9 yrs out of college and still poor!? lgr!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login