Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

ECAC on TV

Posted by Jim Hyla 
ECAC on TV
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2009 08:38PM

For those with Time-Warner access, the ECAC announced TV coverage
ECAC
ECAC Hockey Partners With NHL Network & Time Warner

ALBANY, N.Y. -- ECAC Hockey announced today that it has partnered with the National Hockey League (NHL) Network and Time Warner Syracuse to televise its 2009 ECAC Hockey Championship semifinals and final March 20-21 at the Times Union Center in Albany, New York. The partnership provides for the games to be broadcast in both the United States and Canada.

"We are extremely excited to partner with both Time Warner Syracusae and the NHL Network," said Commissioner Steve Hagwell. "Partnering with these two entities gives us unparalleled coverage in that we not only will reach fans in the United States, but fans across Canada. We truly are thrilled with this relationship."

The 2009 ECAC Hockey Championship semifinals will be held Friday, March 20. The first semifinals contest features No. 4 St. Lawrence vs. No. 1 Yale scheduled for a 4 p.m. start; the second semifinals contest showcases No. 3 Princeton vs. No. 2 Cornell and is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. The following day, Saturday, March 21, the third-place game will be held at 4 p.m. and the championship final will be held at 7 p.m.

Time Warner Syracuse is producing both semifinals and championship games. Both semifinal games Friday will be aired live via Time Warner Syracuse and the NHL Network in both the United States and Canada. The championship game will be aired live on Time Warner Syracuse and the NHL Network in Canada only. The NHL Network will re-air the championship game at noon (eastern) in both the United States and in Canada Sunday.

Following is breakdown of the championship television schedule:
FRIDAY, MARCH 20 (SEMIFINALS)
Time Warner Syracuse (Live)
NHL Network (Live in the U.S. and Canada)

SATURDAY, MARCH 21 (CHAMPIONSHIP GAME)
Time Warner Syracuse (Live)
NHL Network (Live in Canada only)

SUNDAY, MARCH 22 (CHAMPIONSHIP GAME)
NHL Network (Tape-Delayed to noon in the U.S. and Canada)
That means Ithaca and others get full live coverage. Check your local listings and post if they'll be on your cable.

Re: ECAC on TV
Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: March 18, 2009 09:01PM

Does anyone know if the B2 Newtworks coverage would be of the TV feed or something more akin to what we got in the QFs?

I am trying to figure out if I need to leave the office and find a sports bar.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2009 09:48PM

In Buffalo, Time Warner 13 will be showing the semifinals live; the final will be shown on tape delay on Sunday afternoon.

[www.timewarnercable.com]

That said, I hope to make it to Albany on Saturday. We'll see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2009 09:49PM by mnagowski.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 18, 2009 10:05PM

For anyone with Cablevision, the NHL Network is available as part of a sports tier, for $5.95 a month. This package also includes three Fox Sports College stations which are picking up two or three of the other conference tournament games. Unfortunately the NCAAs switch to ESPNU, which is not available on Cablevision.

Cablevision has told me that I can order the Sports Pak and cancel at anytime and get the service prorated, so if I wanted to, I could watch the semifinal for 20 cents.

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2009 11:17PM

What are the ratings numbers for replaying an ECAC title game on a sunday vs the NCAA b-ball games? why bother showing it all really.

if they want to tape delay why not that night so people might be tempted to avoid score for a few hrs rather than most of a day?

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 18, 2009 11:23PM

Greenberg '97
For anyone with Cablevision, the NHL Network is available as part of a sports tier, for $5.95 a month. This package also includes three Fox Sports College stations which are picking up two or three of the other conference tournament games. Unfortunately the NCAAs switch to ESPNU, which is not available on Cablevision.

Cablevision has told me that I can order the Sports Pak and cancel at anytime and get the service prorated, so if I wanted to, I could watch the semifinal for 20 cents.
Ooooo. I may do this to DVR the game (I scheduled a show! STUPID! STUPID!)

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2009 11:25PM

upperdeck
What are the ratings numbers for replaying an ECAC title game on a sunday vs the NCAA b-ball games? why bother showing it all really.

if they want to tape delay why not that night so people might be tempted to avoid score for a few hrs rather than most of a day?

On Saturday's, the NHL Network (USA) has been staying with HNIC all the way through the post-game show (Afterhours) which ends at ~ 1:30 am. Yes, I would stay up and watch the ECAC replay then. I'm not sure why they wouldn't do 2 airings, since it is tape-delayed.

BTW, Scott Oakes Afterhours co-host is now Marc Crawford; Kelly Hrudey is now in studio. So instead of the "how I scored off Kelly Hrudey" segment, it seems now the player guests explain how they "helped" Crawford become a TV analyst :-}.

As much as I love watching HNIC, this is one weekend when I wished NHLN (USA) would do a JIP after airing the ECAC final live.

Posted by: cbuckser (76.197.3.---)
Date: March 19, 2009 12:02AM

Rita
As much as I love watching HNIC, this is one weekend when I wished NHLN (USA) would do a JIP after airing the ECAC final live.
$

I am with you there. I wish we could have some other channel available on satellite (e.g., SNY) show it live.

Posted by: releck97 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 19, 2009 07:10PM

Bummer, it looks like we can't watch Princeton play the other loser in the consolation game...

Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 19, 2009 07:26PM

releck97
Bummer, it looks like we can't watch Princeton play the other loser in the consolation game...

/woof

Posted by: BMac (96.53.163.---)
Date: March 19, 2009 10:04PM

Anybody know whether this is watchable in Boston? I have comcast...

Date: March 19, 2009 10:25PM

BMac
Anybody know whether this is watchable in Boston? I have comcast...
If you get NHL network.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 20, 2009 02:25PM

Strangely, Time Warner in Rochester is showing the ECACs and not the AHA tourney involving RIT.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2009 07:08PM

NHL network isnt showing it at the moment- wtf................. is it between games?

Posted by: marty (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2009 07:11PM

Warmups. Game listed at 7:42 or so.

Posted by: Josh 03 (12.238.61.---)
Date: March 20, 2009 11:20PM

Any updates on TV for tomorrow? Seems like only B2 on the Internet for live. Hoping that there is a change. Pretty pathetic that the ECAC couldn't get this game on TV...

LGR!

Posted by: releck97 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 20, 2009 11:28PM

I believe Time Warner is showing the Champ. Game in Ithaca.

Posted by: Sperris (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2009 11:29PM

Just looked on Comcast's listings for tomorrow and the game is not on, also checked the NHL Network and not listed there. Sometimes Comcast will put a game on channel 8 if they have no other spot for it... but in this case I think we are out of luck in Boston.

Bummer.

Posted by: cbuckser (76.197.3.---)
Date: March 21, 2009 02:36AM

Sperris
Just looked on Comcast's listings for tomorrow and the game is not on, also checked the NHL Network and not listed there. Sometimes Comcast will put a game on channel 8 if they have no other spot for it... but in this case I think we are out of luck in Boston.

Bummer.
Make the three-hour drive. Tickets are available.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2009 02:36AM by cbuckser.

Posted by: jts15 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2009 07:28AM

Was it on tv? Anybody know where I can download it? The camera guy put my daughter and I on while we were watching the zamboni. He said the guys in the van said she was a newborn when we started. Anyway, she'd love to see herself on tv if anybody can help out. Thanks.

Date: March 21, 2009 08:56AM

jts15
Was it on tv? Anybody know where I can download it? The camera guy put my daughter and I on while we were watching the zamboni. He said the guys in the van said she was a newborn when we started. Anyway, she'd love to see herself on tv if anybody can help out. Thanks.
I also posted this on the game thread. If you get TimeWarner check your TV listings. In TWCNY land it's being rebroadcast Wed. 3/25 at 6 PM. I'm sure it will have other times as well. Since they have a 3 hour slot for it they will probably get rid of some in between period crap as well.

Posted by: pdoriaro (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 10:23AM

what's "B2 on the Internet?"
thanks

Posted by: TShen (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 10:50AM

pdoriaro
what's "B2 on the Internet?"
thanks

[www.b2tv.com]

B2 or another option to see tonight's game live (DC)?
Posted by: FaithfulForever (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 10:58AM

Can you get tonight's game on B2? I looked at their link for ECAC Men's Hockey Tournament, and it shows nothing listed for tonight. I also clicked on the Hockey link and scanned through all games for tonight. I'm not currently a B2 subscriber, but I don't think that matters.

Does anyone know any way to view tonight's game live in the DC area? I'm willing to watch it online, at a sports bar, anything!

Also, if anyone wants to let NHL Network know that we wanted to see the ECAC Final live, drop them some feedback at this link, [www.nhlnetwork.com]. Maybe if they hear from enough people, they'll consider doing things differently in the future.

LGR!

B2 not showing it????
Posted by: FaithfulForever (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 10:59AM

Looking at the schedule, it doesn't look like B2 is showing the ECAC Final. Does anyone know what's going on?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 11:52AM

I contacted their support, we'll see what they say. I labeled the priority of the message as 'Urgent' (albeit not 'Emergency' or 'Critical'). I suggest others do the same to get them as many contacts as possible.

Here's the link:
[www.b2support.com]

Re: B2 or another option to see tonight's game live (DC)?
Posted by: jeffdav_CU91 (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 12:26PM

I'm in the same boat as you. The B2 networks site is extremely unhelpful. I also emailed their support but haven't received a reply yet.

Posted by: msphi81 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 12:37PM

Do want I'm doing ...get in your car and drive to Albany

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.dsl.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 12:42PM

For those without visual possiblities, WRPI, www.wrpi.org broadcasted the games on their usual free stream last night. So if you're near a computer, you can get slightly more live updates than hitting refresh all the time on eLynah.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2009 04:49PM by Chris 02.

Posted by: semsox (---.cpe.metrocast.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 01:09PM

That's ridiculous. I ordered the whole ECAC Tournament for $20 yesterday. I cannot fathom that just being for the 2 semifinals. Maybe the games aren't listed yet because they did not yet know the matchups so couldn't put them up in advance.

Posted by: Mike Hedrick 01 (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 01:57PM

The game is listed as an "upcoming event" on RedCast. Does anyone know if this is video, or audio only?

Posted by: Robb (---.gradacc.ox.ac.uk)
Date: March 21, 2009 01:58PM

jeffdav_CU91
I'm in the same boat as you. The B2 networks site is extremely unhelpful. I also emailed their support but haven't received a reply yet.

I just got this:

B2support
We will be broadcasting that event and should have it up on our schedule shortly.

For a listing of events on the B2 Networks Live TV Broadcast Schedule, please click on the link below.

[www.b2livetv.com]

Thank you,

B2 Live TV Customer Support*

Date: March 21, 2009 02:08PM

me too - I'll keep on looking for the link to appear.

They didn't say how much, but from the previous posts it appears it will be $20.

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 02:13PM

how can they charge $20 for a single game? that would be nuts. and if so the ECAC should get a load of complaints for allowing it.

Posted by: semsox (---.cpe.metrocast.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 02:13PM

It should be less (I think their going rate is ~$6.95 per game. However, an ECAC tournament pass (for all the games) was $20, so about $5 per game.

Posted by: RM 08 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2009 03:02PM

It's up on the B2 site now www.b2tv.com

It looks like you can still only purchase the entire tournament for $20. Does anyone have experience with this and know if before the game there will be an option to purchase the championship game individually?

Posted by: jkahn (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 03:03PM

Quarterfinal games were $8 each.

Date: March 21, 2009 03:16PM

I emailed the following to b2:
I see only a $20 pass for tonight's Cornell-Yale game. I purchased all 3 Cornell ECAC tournament quarterfinal games last weekend from b2 at $8 each, so I've already spent $24 with you on the tournament. Is there a single game fee? If not, I strongly suggest you add one, as people are very unlikely to purchase tonight for $20 for one game only.

Date: March 21, 2009 03:32PM

Got this response from b2, from which it seems like there will be an $8 option posted later:

To purchase an event at the pay-per-view price of $8, please wait until 10 minutes before the game starts to click on the "Watch Live Now" blue link. Then enter your credit card information and you will be directed to the game.

Date: March 21, 2009 06:53PM

Pre-game is on. Have picture but no sound.

Date: March 21, 2009 06:55PM

me too - I emailed B2 TV support to let them know - you're not the only one

Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 08:27PM

no picutre on b2, asked for refund, B2 will not respond.

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 08:47PM

Sperris

Bummer.

THere is no love ever for ECAC in Boston-- try even getting the scores in the globe unless it's the harvard score. We're so parochial--- no boston school= no coverage option for sure

Date: March 23, 2009 07:06PM

For anyone interested in watching in TWCNY area, here's there replay times for this week on TWSports:
DATE       TIME  	EPISODE
03-24-2009 4:00 PM 	ECAC Men's Hockey : Semifinal # 1 St. Lawrence v.Yale Replay
03-25-2009 6:00 PM 	ECAC Men's Hockey : Semifinal # 2 Princeton v. Cornell Replay
03-27-2009 7:00 PM 	ECAC Men's Hockey : Championship LIVE

I like the Live part; maybe we get to play them again, rested this time. Of course we'd be tired for NE.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login