Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Quinnipiac-Princeton Roll Call

Posted by redhair34 
Quinnipiac-Princeton Roll Call
Posted by: redhair34 (---.bc.edu)
Date: February 14, 2008 01:46PM

I'll be at Quinnipiac +1, not sure about Princeton.

I started this early to give people a heads up about tickets for the Quinnipiac game. I just purchased them over the phone and they only have standing room left. I'd guess the Cornell ticket office still has tickets remaining, but I'm thinking the game will likely sell out.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2008 01:47PM by redhair34.

Re: Quinnipiac-Princeton Roll Call
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.itt.com)
Date: February 14, 2008 01:56PM

redhair34
I'd guess the Cornell ticket office still has tickets remaining, but I'm thinking the game will likely sell out.

Nope, my parents tried.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.soc.cornell.edu)
Date: February 14, 2008 03:18PM

Quinnipiac is sold out, but has unlimited SRO seats, which you can buy at the door.

Princeton is sold out and will be selling limited amounts of SRO one hour before game time.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2008 03:21PM by amerks127.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: February 14, 2008 03:20PM

If Princeton is Saturday, I'm possible. Is it easy to walk up for tickets on the night of the game?

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: February 14, 2008 04:22PM

Quinnipiac +2

Posted by: dbilmes (---.ded.snet.net)
Date: February 14, 2008 05:17PM

Quinnipiac +1

Quinnipiac sold out last weekend's game against Yale, and also sold about 1,000 SRO tickets. I guess it's becoming one of the toughest tickets in the ECAC. Who would have thought it would be easier to buy a ticket for a Cornell home game than for a Quinnipiac home game?
The Cornell Club of Hartford has sold out its block of 40 tickets for the game, too.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2008 05:18PM by dbilmes.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 14, 2008 06:23PM

Trotsky
If Princeton is Saturday, I'm possible. Is it easy to walk up for tickets on the night of the game?
I say yes because it's been easy the last decade. But others point out: "Except for one thing. Princeton has a real team this year. Maybe the fans have noticed." Baker seats 2000.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 14, 2008 06:31PM

I'm guessing that +1 is not for ebilmes.

See you at the game.

Posted by: lhayes (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 14, 2008 08:12PM

14 of us for Princeton. We got our tix 6 weeks ago; they only had seats in the balcony left by then.

Louise Hayes '83

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: February 14, 2008 08:32PM

Me +5 for Princeton.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2008 12:47AM

Minding my P's but not my Q's.

Posted by: Jerseygirl (---.panasonic.com)
Date: February 15, 2008 02:56PM

I'll be at Princeton, wearing my Carnelian red leather catsuit. It's strategically perforated, so that should hopefully allay the fears of those who were worried that I would overheat and pass out on NJ Transit, forever stranding me in Princeton Junction.

Date: February 15, 2008 04:36PM

Hmmm, are Princeton tickets still available? woot

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2008 05:17PM

Princeton often claims to be sold out for the Cornell game, but usually there are seats available for the SRO ticket buyers to sit in.

Also note that squeakball is away, so that may allow more PU fans to end up at Baker.

That said I expect to be at the Princeton game, with another Cornell alum hockey fan. We expect (hope) to get in on SRO tix.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.ded.snet.net)
Date: February 19, 2008 08:51PM

I've been told parking at Quinnipiac is a pain, made worse by construction. So plan on arriving early to make sure you make it into the rink in time.

Posted by: heykb (---.c3-0.upd-ubr3.trpr-upd.pa.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 19, 2008 11:46PM

I'll be at Princeton +7, thanks to Hillel and the Cornell Club of Philly's group buy.

Karl
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2008 11:47PM by heykb.

Cornell Club of Greater Philly's annual event + unofficial pre-game gathering
Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: February 20, 2008 12:52PM

Princeton + 84

The Cornell Club of Greater Philadelphia is making their annual pilgrimage to Princeton with another big group.

We've just picked a spot for an unofficial pre-game gathering. All Cornell fans attending the Princeton game on Saturday night (whether you're with the CCGP group or not) are invited to join us at the pub at The Alchemist and Barrister, 28 Witherspoon St. (one block north of the main drag, Nassau St., and one block east of Palmer Square). We don't have a private room reserved or anything -- just come and hang out with us in a nice intimate pub, enjoy good food a la carte if you're looking for a pre-game dinner, and then walk down to the game. Many of us may return to A&B after the game as well.

For more info about A&B, including parking tips and directions, go to [www.alchemistandbarrister.com]

Because it's an unofficial gathering, I can't say when people will be arriving.

Just a heads up: It's parents weekend at Princeton and we've been warned that Triumph Brewing Company is closed for a private party.

Date: February 20, 2008 06:04PM

lhayes
14 of us for Princeton. We got our tix 6 weeks ago; they only had seats in the balcony left by then.

Louise Hayes '83
They think you're from Cornell, the balcony is all that's left the first day of ticket sales.

Re: Cornell Club of Greater Philly's annual event + unofficial pre-game gathering
Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.host.starwoodhotels.com)
Date: February 20, 2008 06:30PM

So is the prevailing thought that Princeton tix will or won't be available if one were to show up to the rink around 6 on Saturday?

Re: Cornell Club of Greater Philly's annual event + unofficial pre-game gathering
Posted by: redhair34 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 20, 2008 07:25PM

Jordan 04
So is the prevailing thought that Princeton tix will or won't be available if one were to show up to the rink around 6 on Saturday?

I'm curious about this as well

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: February 20, 2008 08:09PM

redhair34
Jordan 04

I'm curious about this as well
We don't have a lot of data to go on since Princeton hasn't been good very often. I seem to recall that you could always get some standing room seats back in the late 90's, but I'm not positive.

Date: February 20, 2008 09:23PM

At the risk of repeating: Princeton standing room tickets have never been an issue before (always available) but this is the perfect storm: a good Princeton hockey team ... parents weekend ... Princeton hoops on the road (in case basketball fans are also hockey fans).

Posted by: Doug '08 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 20, 2008 10:54PM

I've never had a problem getting SRO tickets at the door at Princeton. Last year, they were still selling them after the game had started

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2008 12:44AM

Jordan 04
Jeez, I hope they will be since I'm taking a friend to a Cornell game for the first time. I mean, if they have a policy that they sell SRO tickets starting at 6 then I don't imagine they would sell all those the day before just because the team is good or it's parents' weekend. Ideally I guess you're better off getting there at 5:30 if possible, of course.

Quinnipiac from NYC
Posted by: redhair34 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 21, 2008 05:49PM

How have folks from the NYC area made the trip to the Friday game in Hamden in the past (05-06) and or how are folks planing on making the trip this year? It seems like public transportation will really only get you as far as New Haven. Is the best bet to just take I-95, leave as early as possible and cross your fingers?

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2008 06:06PM

dbilmes
I've been told parking at Quinnipiac is a pain, made worse by construction. So plan on arriving early to make sure you make it into the rink in time.

Parking is really horrendous and will be made worse by snow and freezing rain all day tomorrow into saturday. The rink is up a big big hill.

Re: Quinnipiac from NYC
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 21, 2008 08:37PM

redhair34
How have folks from the NYC area made the trip to the Friday game in Hamden in the past (05-06) and or how are folks planing on making the trip this year? It seems like public transportation will really only get you as far as New Haven. Is the best bet to just take I-95, leave as early as possible and cross your fingers?

There is a bus that runs from the New Haven train station up through Hamden. Some research on CtTransit.com shows its that J-Whitney line - J4 specifically. Stop #10 (Whitney Ave & Mt Caramel Ave) looks very walkable to the new arena (less than a mile?), *if* I'm right about how not-far-up-Sherman-Ave the new arena is.

Biggest problem being, there's no bus leaving that area later than 8:10. So unless you can find a nearby hotel or arrange for a taxi, that might be difficult. I actually can think of a hotel that I believe is at that intersection, but I would by no means vouch for it.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2008 08:43PM

DeltaOne81
There is a bus that runs from the New Haven train station up through Hamden. Some research on CtTransit.com shows its that J-Whitney line - J4 specifically. Stop #10 (Whitney Ave & Mt Caramel Ave) looks very walkable to the new arena (less than a mile?), *if* I'm right about how not-far-up-Sherman-Ave the new arena is.

Biggest problem being, there's no bus leaving that area later than 8:10. So unless you can find a nearby hotel or arrange for a taxi, that might be difficult. I actually can think of a hotel that I believe is at that intersection, but I would by no means vouch for it.

Whitney and Mt. Carmel is probably about a 20 minute walk to the arena, maybe more. Not very public transportation-friendly.

Date: February 21, 2008 09:18PM

ebilmes
Whitney and Mt. Carmel is probably about a 20 minute walk to the arena, maybe more. Not very public transportation-friendly.

Considering human walking speed is about 3-4 mph, this squares with my guesstimate of 'about a mile.' I dont think that's too unreasonable, but the biggest issue would be the lack of any (reasonable) hotel. Reviews of that hotel, as I expected, are awful (its the Days Inn in Hamden, and 'bad even for a Days Inn' seems to be the consensus).

If, however, you could arrange for a taxi back to a New Haven-or-elsewhere hotel and you *really wanted* to avoid driving, it would be technically 'doable'.

Date: February 21, 2008 11:13PM

With a winter storm warning in effect for New Haven (3-5 inches), we may be -2 for Friday's game. And it has me uncertain just how much I love Cornell lacrosse Saturday afternoon. So much for the Q - N - P Canadian national sport trifecta.

For those looking to get from New Haven RR station, Q runs a shuttle bus, I recall hearing at a campus briefing for would-be students last fall. Wonder if younger Cornellians could scam their way onto the bus? If it's not full and you tipped the driver ... unless he's been read the liability rules riot act recently.

Date: February 22, 2008 08:12AM

Chris '03
dbilmes

Parking is really horrendous and will be made worse by snow and freezing rain all day tomorrow into saturday. The rink is up a big big hill.

Sounds like driving is going to be pretty horrendous, and unfortunately, we can't get a really early start. The final decision may be made while on the road, asessing the conditions. Ugh!

Re: Quinnipiac game still on as of 2:00 PM
Date: February 22, 2008 02:20PM

As of 2:00 PM, the Quinnipiac web site is saying the game is still scheduled to be played tonight.

Unfortunately, it's looking pretty nasty here in Boston, so I have a feeling we'll be watching this one online.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2008 02:22PM

Killer
As of 2:00 PM, the Quinnipiac web site is saying the game is still scheduled to be played tonight.

Unfortunately, it's looking pretty nasty here in Boston, so I have a feeling we'll be watching this one online.

Leave now, you can make it.:-D

Date: February 22, 2008 02:26PM

Jim Hyla
Killer

Leave now, you can make it.:-D

Thought about that, but Little Killer can't get out of work yet (and I probably shouldn't, but that's a different matter).

Posted by: redhair34 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2008 02:32PM

Killer

I'm bailing out as well. I have two SRO tickets waiting for me at will call. If somebody wants a couple of free tickets to the game, send me a PM.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: February 22, 2008 02:53PM

redhair34
Killer

I'm bailing out as well. I have two SRO tickets waiting for me at will call. If somebody wants a couple of free tickets to the game, send me a PM.
Bailing?!?! What's a Cornell road trip without freezing rain, deep snow or some other nasty winter weather? :-)

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: February 22, 2008 03:08PM

KeithK
What's a Cornell road trip without freezing rain, deep snow or some other nasty winter weather? :-)
The kind of road trip I might take.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: February 22, 2008 03:44PM

redhair34
Killer

Best post containing a request to PM the poster ever.

Date: February 22, 2008 04:38PM

Quinnipiac site says they'll be running buses from the Mt. Carmel campus to the rink for people who can't park at the rink lot. Open to the public.

[www.quinnipiacbobcats.com]

No buses from Boston, though.

Posted by: mha (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: February 22, 2008 05:01PM

Skipping Quinnipiac thanks to crappy weather and reports of even crappier road conditions between here and there, but still planning on seeing many of you in Princeton tomorrow night. Let's Go Red!

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2008 05:22PM

Wow, snowfall 1-2 inches per hour, total 6-8 inches. I'm glad you guys don't live in the Syracuse, Oswego area. That's a usual snowfall for us; a real storm is 3-6 inches per hour.rock:-D

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2008 05:34PM

Jim Hyla
Wow, snowfall 1-2 inches per hour, total 6-8 inches. I'm glad you guys don't live in the Syracuse, Oswego area. That's a usual snowfall for us; a real storm is 3-6 inches per hour.rock:-D

It's not the snow I mind so much as the way everyone around here reacts to it, drivers and DOT alike.

Date: February 22, 2008 06:22PM

me + 3 for Princeton tomorrow night. Unfortunately one of them is a Princeton alum :)

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: February 23, 2008 03:11AM

Chris '03
Jim Hyla

It's not the snow I mind so much as the way everyone around here reacts to it, drivers and DOT alike.

Quite true. Apparently 5 inches of snow makes Quinnipiac shut down. In upstate NY, that's about when we decide to wear the heavier boots. Living in Hartford area now, it's as if Connecticut thinks it borders Georgia and snow is a strange and frightening thing. I can't believe that a majority of my coworkers stayed home today.

Posted by: Rita (---.dhcp.insightbb.com)
Date: February 23, 2008 09:11AM

RichH
Chris '03
Jim Hyla

Quite true. Apparently 5 inches of snow makes Quinnipiac shut down. In upstate NY, that's about when we decide to wear the heavier boots. Living in Hartford area now, it's as if Connecticut thinks it borders Georgia and snow is a strange and frightening thing. I can't believe that a majority of my coworkers stayed home today.

I hope you stocked up on "milk and bread";-). I remember being in Hawaii in January 2003 when the northeast was being hit with storm after storm. I listened to a lot of ESPN radio and I remember Jack Arute going off on how the meteoroligists would send people off to the grocery store to stock up on food like they would be snowed in for the next 3 months. He also wanted to know what people did with all the milk and bread they bought... sit in the lazy boy dipping bread into milk while watching the snow fall?

BTW... snow removal in the hockey hell hole of central IN isn't much better. rolleyes

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 24, 2008 02:02PM

I'm afraid that I'm one of the fans who wimped out Friday night due to freezing rain. The good news is that next year, we play at Q on Nov. 8, so hopefully, weather won't be an issue!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login