Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell on TV and internet, redone 3/21

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Cornell on TV and internet, redone 3/21
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 16, 2007 01:15PM

Redid this list with the best info I have. If you have additions let me know.

Live TV  Replay       Net

3/21 ECAC  TW/NHL   SNY 3/22      b2
                      TW 3/26 Semi1 
                      TW 3/27 Semi2
? 3/22 ECAC  TW/SNY/  TW 3/23,25,28 b2
            CN8/Comcast   NHL 3/23

I've checked TW in the NYS area, but not others. It looks on in the following regions:
Buffalo, Syracuse, Binghamton, Albany.

But not in: Rochester, NYC.

That said, check your local listings.

If you have Sopcast and VLC on your computer, there will be a free, peer-to-peer webcast of the ECAC Semifinals on NHL Network. Check here

Also TW often shows these on replay weeks later as well.

b2Network
Check Here For Info

Edited 23 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2008 09:27AM by Jim Hyla.

Re: Cornell on TV
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: December 16, 2007 01:29PM

Jim Hyla
ESPNU

1/20 Home Clarkson 4:00 PM

Cool... I was worried about traveling up for that weekend because it would've made working on Monday morning difficult after the return trip. TWNYC added ESPNU recently, so I can watch it in the comfort of my own home, if not at Ship of Fools with a zany Big Red crowd.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: December 16, 2007 05:49PM

Beeeej
Jim Hyla
ESPNU

Cool... I was worried about traveling up for that weekend because it would've made working on Monday morning difficult after the return trip. TWNYC added ESPNU recently, so I can watch it in the comfort of my own home, if not at Ship of Fools with a zany Big Red crowd.

Come on, with the great shape you're in, a short night's sleep shouldn't be a problem. Especially after seeing a game against the league leaders, or are you just getting soft in your old age?burnout

Date: December 16, 2007 06:53PM

Jim Hyla
Beeeej
Jim Hyla
ESPNU

Come on, with the great shape you're in, a short night's sleep shouldn't be a problem. Especially after seeing a game against the league leaders, or are you just getting soft in your old age?burnout

That last thing you said there, that's pretty much it. :-)

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: Cornell on TV and away internet games
Date: December 18, 2007 09:28PM

I decided to add away internet games, so the Florida tournament has been added. If you know of others post them here and I'll add them to the initial post.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 18, 2007 10:11PM

Jim Hyla
I decided to add away internet games, so the Florida tournament has been added. If you know of others post them here and I'll add them to the initial post.
The game at RPI will be on b2livetv in addition to Time Warner.

Posted by: sah67 (---.64.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: December 18, 2007 10:57PM

I believe both SLU and Clarkson have webcasts of their home games. I think SLU uses B2 if I remember correctly, and possibly Clarkson also?

Date: December 19, 2007 04:31AM

In the ECAC, Brown, Clarkson, RPI,and SLU all use B2.

Date: January 06, 2008 01:28PM

Bump, I redid the list on the first post. Please let me know any additions or corrections. TW now lists the Union game as on live in CNY, previously they were replaying the RPI game.

Re: Cornell on TV and away internet games, redone 1/6
Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 06, 2008 01:36PM

SportsNet New York will be showing the RPI v. Cornell game in Western New York.

Posted by: MOBalum (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 06, 2008 03:07PM

Jim Hyla
Redid this list with the best info I have. If you have additions let me know. I didn't check all TW locations, so if you know that it's also on your local, let me know and I'll add it to this.

Obviously I didn't list CU's home net.
           Live TV  Replay    Net
1/11  @RPI   TWCNY  1/15,5PM  b2
             TWCap

And also on SNY - a trip to Ship of Fools is not required for this one.

Date: January 06, 2008 08:09PM

Thanks, added SNY.

Re: Cornell on TV and away internet games, redone 1/12
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 12, 2008 02:35PM

Bump this up, as tonights game is on TW. I updated the opening post.

Clarkson game will not be on RedCast, bummer
Posted by: lynah80 (---.phlapa.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 17, 2008 02:11AM

"Due to ESPNU holding exclusive broadcasting rights to Sunday's men's ice hockey game against Clarkson from Lynah Rink, there will be no live streaming video of the game through the Cornell RedCast system."

Re: Clarkson game will not be on RedCast, bummer
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2008 07:43AM

lynah80
"Due to ESPNU holding exclusive broadcasting rights to Sunday's men's ice hockey game against Clarkson from Lynah Rink, there will be no live streaming video of the game through the Cornell RedCast system."

How long until it's in the archive?

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: January 17, 2008 11:46AM

lynah80
Wouldn't you RATHER watch it on an actual TV? screwy

Posted by: Chris '03 (137.99.117.---)
Date: January 17, 2008 11:52AM

Josh '99
lynah80
Wouldn't you RATHER watch it on an actual TV? screwy

I'd watch it on my computer than not at all. It's not my idea of a good time to try to find a bar that will show an obscure event over the patriots and comcast doesn't think ESPNU is worth carrying 10 miles from ESPN headquarters.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 17, 2008 12:03PM

lynah80

I was going to complain about ESPN360 not being available in places where I would have watched RedCast, but what do we have here... [europe.espn360.com]

I'm in the States at the moment, so it doesn't help for this game, but good to know for the future...

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

ECAC mobile
Posted by: MINIteam8s (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2008 05:24PM

Don't know whether I'll be able to access this on my blackberry; this comes just in time for the Sunday game that I must miss, darn it all -

ECAC Hockey announced today (Jan 16, 2008) the debut of a new mobile scoreboard with live score updates from games played at each league rink via www.ecachockey.com/m.

Re: Cornell on TV and away internet games, redone 1/17
Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: January 23, 2008 01:05PM

1/22/2008 - ALBANY, NY

ECAC Hockey Postseason Tournament Goes Worldwide on B2 Networks

ALBANY, NY - ECAC Hockey and B2 Networks announced today a multi-year partnership to bring conference tournament games to the premier global provider of broadband broadcasting. The agreement begins this February and March with both men's and women's conference tournament games being shown live on B2 Networks. This will be the first time any NCAA hockey league has had every one of its postseason games available to a worldwide audience.

The women's tournament begins with a best-of-three quarterfinals series Feb. 29-Mar. 2 at campus sites. The highest remaining seed will host the semifinals and finals on Mar. 8-9. The first round of the men's tournament starts Mar. 7-9 with a best-of-three series at campus sites. Teams will advance to the three-game quarterfinal series at campus sites on Mar. 14-16. The Bank of America ECAC Hockey Championship, featuring the semifinals and finals, will be hosted by the Times Union Center in Albany, NY on Mar. 21-22. All games of both the men's and women's tournament will be broadcast live on B2 Networks.

"This is a great relationship for our league. We are very excited to provide ECAC Hockey fans around the world the option to watch their favorite teams during postseason play. This is yet another way we are working to enhance the league, and are proud to partner with B2 Networks to offer this service," said ECAC Hockey Commissioner Stephen R. Hagwell.

ECAC Hockey Tournament games will be available for viewing by a global audience and will be aired through www.ecachockey.com as well as www.b2tv.com. Fans wanting to watch hockey games via B2 Networks will need a high-speed Internet connection and a current version of Microsoft Windows Media Player. Tournament Pass and individual game pricing details will be made available in the future.

"It is very exciting for B2 Networks to partner with ECAC Hockey to broadband broadcast their entire conference tournament, a first among NCAA hockey leagues," stated Richard Brosal, B2 Networks Executive Vice President for Business Operations and Marketing. "With a conference championship and automatic berth to the NCAA tournament on the line, fans can look forward to watching the intense hockey action of every ECAC Hockey Tournament game live on B2 Networks."

B2 Networks is a premier provider of reliable and secure international television and pay-per-view broadcasting systems. Our worldwide network of arenas, stadiums, local venues and data centers are currently in use to distribute live sports and events to personal computers, television screens, mobile devices and commercial venues around the world. Working with organizations such as the AHL, ECHL, NLL, IHL, USHL, NAHL, Arena Football Leagues and selected NCAA and NAIA conferences and member institutions, B2 Networks has established itself as a leader in innovative global direct to home, mobile and television broadcasting. For the B2 Networks' Programming Guide visit www.b2tv.com, or for information about B2 Networks, visit www.b2now.com.

ECAC Hockey boasts elite student-athletes and teams from 12 of the nation's most prestigious institutions - Brown University, Clarkson University, Colgate University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, Princeton University, Quinnipiac University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, St. Lawrence University, Union College, and Yale University.

Re: ECAC Playoffs on B2
Posted by: Chris '03 (137.99.117.---)
Date: January 23, 2008 01:53PM

ursusminor
1/22/2008 - ALBANY, NY

ECAC Hockey Postseason Tournament Goes Worldwide on B2 Networks

ALBANY, NY - all postseason game on b2

Lemme guess... redcast gets shown the door come playoff time because of this contract.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: January 23, 2008 02:16PM

How much will they soak us for? Will RedCast at least still have audio rights?

Date: January 23, 2008 02:19PM

Rita

Did they have it for the Clarkson game? The ECACs are not home games, so I wouldn't have expected RedCast video anyway.

Date: January 23, 2008 02:48PM

jtwcornell91
Rita

Did they have it for the Clarkson game? The ECACs are not home games, so I wouldn't have expected RedCast video anyway.

Should we get home ice, either as a 4-8 team or a top 4 team, then those games would be at Lynah and in past years we did have video through CSTV.

When the games went to Albany for the semi-finals and final, then video feeds was through whoever the ECACHL had contracted with at the time.

From the press release, it sounds like now the opening round games and the quarterfinals will be available *only* through B2 Network.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 23, 2008 04:16PM

Why do I think it sucks to be us?

Date: January 23, 2008 04:27PM

Rita
jtwcornell91
Rita

Should we get home ice, either as a 4-8 team or a top 4 team, then those games would be at Lynah and in past years we did have video through CSTV.

When the games went to Albany for the semi-finals and final, then video feeds was through whoever the ECACHL had contracted with at the time.

From the press release, it sounds like now the opening round games and the quarterfinals will be available *only* through B2 Network.

Oh crap, I misread that. I was thinking it only applied to the games in Albany.

Posted by: TShen (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 23, 2008 06:23PM

IIRC, the predecessors of RedCast did not include the first home playoff series as part of the package. Those games had always been PPV.

Date: January 23, 2008 06:38PM

It isn't even clear how this will work for those schools that are on B2 during the regular season (Brown, Clarkson, RPI, SLU).

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 23, 2008 08:58PM

TShen
IIRC, the predecessors of RedCast did not include the first home playoff series as part of the package. Those games had always been PPV.
Well, the original predecessor was never PPV. But I catch your meaning. :-P

Re: Cornell on TV and away internet games, redone 1/23
Date: January 23, 2008 09:18PM

All is not lost for some. The Albany games are still on TW & SNY as well as the b2 network. I've updated the first post with the ? for ECAC games. No woofing just info.uhoh Home 'gate game is also on SNY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2008 09:19PM by Jim Hyla.

Date: January 23, 2008 10:15PM

ursusminor
It isn't even clear how this will work for those schools that are on B2 during the regular season (Brown, Clarkson, RPI, SLU).

I was curious about that, too.

Posted by: sah67 (---.bu.edu)
Date: January 28, 2008 04:53PM

The Colgate @ Cornell on Friday game will not be shown live on SNY (still live on Time Warner), but it will be re-broadcast on Sunday night (1/3) at 11PM for those not in the Time Warner coverage area, who do get SNY.

Date: January 28, 2008 05:11PM

sah67
The Colgate @ Cornell on Friday game will not be shown live on SNY (still live on Time Warner), but it will be re-broadcast on Sunday night (1/3) at 11PM for those not in the Time Warner coverage area, who do get SNY.

Thanks, changed the original post (2/3).

Re: Cornell on TV and away internet games, redone 1/28
Posted by: upperdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 28, 2008 07:58PM

you can watch the CU-Colg game on the internet for the $10 a month package.. cheaper than a ticket I suppose..

Re: Cornell on TV and away internet games, redone 1/28
Date: February 01, 2008 09:44PM

Colgate also seems to have a feed: [www.gocolgateraiders.com]

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.dsl2.mon.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: February 03, 2008 02:57PM

Bah, the guide on my DirecTV box is not showing the Colgate-Cornell replay on SNY.

Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 03, 2008 04:50PM

JasonN95
Bah, the guide on my DirecTV box is not showing the Colgate-Cornell replay on SNY.

Nor is the guide on my Optimum box. But it's still showing up on SNY's online schedule:
[web.sny.tv]

I'm going to record from 11-1:30AM on the channel anyway, just in case the guide didn't download the correct program info.

Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2008 05:02PM

It will air on 2/10 at 11:00 pm on FSNY

Not on SNY
Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 03, 2008 11:24PM

As (somewhat) expected, the game is not on SNY right now. Thanks a lot, incorrect SNY website schedule ;)

Re: Cornell on TV and away internet games, redone 2/09
Date: February 09, 2008 12:57AM

I just updated the original post. Princeton is now carrying our game on the internet. As I posted, they and Q have 1 month subscriptions available, but they automatically renew, so remember to cancel after the game.

Next Week?
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 09, 2008 05:38AM

Are the Union and RPI games being broadcast by Time Warner?

Re: Next Week?
Date: February 09, 2008 09:24AM

marty

Just check the TW schedule. Friday, RPI at Colgate, Sat. AHL.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 09, 2008 03:43PM

The RPI-Colgate game will also be on SNY.

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 10, 2008 01:58PM

Re: It will air on 2/10 at 11:00 pm on FSNY

Looks like Colgate (Lynah) game will be on shortly (2PM, or after the URI Fordham bball game) on SNY, and not tonite at 11.

Date: February 10, 2008 06:21PM

Jim Hyla
marty

Thanks, Jim.

I misread the original post. I thought the Cornell games were scheduled for TV. Time Warner here has the RPI at Colgate game listed on their digital schedule on Ch.3 Friday.

Date: February 10, 2008 07:05PM

marty
Jim Hyla
marty

Thanks, Jim.

I misread the original post. I thought the Cornell games were scheduled for TV. Time Warner here has the RPI at Colgate game listed on their digital schedule on Ch.3 Friday.
Marty, I just reread my post. It sounds antagonistic. Sorry, that was not my intent.

Date: February 15, 2008 03:05PM

Jim Hyla
marty
Jim Hyla
marty

Thanks, Jim.

Marty, I just reread my post. It sounds antagonistic. Sorry, that was not my intent.

Not at all taken that way.

I hope to say hello to you sometime this weekend.

LGR!

Re: Cornell on TV and away internet games, redone 2/21
Date: February 21, 2008 07:53PM

Bump this up in case someone doesn't know. Updated the initial post.

RedCast will broadcast video of Cornell at Princeton
Posted by: cbuckser (76.197.7.---)
Date: February 22, 2008 01:27PM

According to the game notes on cornellbigred.com, RedCast subscribers will get live video of Saturday's game.

[cornellbigred.com]

I hope this is the start of a trend in which schools offer video broadcasting reciprocity for webcast subscribers.

Re: RedCast will broadcast video of Cornell at Princeton
Date: February 22, 2008 01:53PM

cbuckser
According to the game notes on cornellbigred.com, RedCast subscribers will get live video of Saturday's game.

[cornellbigred.com]

I hope this is the start of a trend in which schools offer video broadcasting reciprocity for webcast subscribers.

Hopefully it's true. I'd rather give $12. 95 to Cornell than $7.95 to Princeton. After all, they already have too large an endowment and I was going to have to do it to watch lax that I couldn't go to.

Also TW and SNY are showing tonights Clarkson @ Union hockey game.

Re: Cornell on TV and away internet games, redone 2/23
Date: February 23, 2008 09:15AM

Bump for tonight's game. note that Cornell has the Princeton game listed as a Redcast, presumably picking up the Princeton feed. It's listed in their weekend summary, but not on the schedule page. I'd guess they didn't go back and change the schedule, but if it's not on be ready to buy Princeton.

Also listed is tonight's SLU @ Union on TW, not listed as on SNY.

Posted by: sah67 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2008 09:25AM

Might I add that I was very impressed with the Q net video quality. It almost seemed like a TV-quality broadcast...very sharp, rich colors, although the camera was quite far away, making it difficult to see the puck.

Date: February 27, 2008 10:01PM

Bump, as some were asking about this weekends games, which are not on TV, just RedCast. Also, TWCNY is carrying the Harvard @ Colgate Friday game. It's not listed on other TW locations nor SNY that I've checked. Once I can reedit my first post I'll update it.

Date: March 06, 2008 04:42AM

Information about the ECAC playoffs on B2: [www.b2tv.com] $8 per game, $25 for all games.

Date: March 06, 2008 06:57AM

ursusminor
Information about the ECAC playoffs on B2: [www.b2tv.com] $8 per game, $25 for all games.

That's inaccurate - the $25 package includes the four Albany weekend games only (semis, consy, and title). All first-round and quarterfinal games have to be purchased individually for $8 each, as has been discussed elsewhere on this board - so to see Cornell (or any other non-bye team) reach the title game would cost $48-64.

- Steve Worona

Date: March 06, 2008 08:04AM

Beeeej,

Thanks. I didn't read it carefully enough.

Posted by: sah67 (---.65.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: March 06, 2008 09:31AM

CN8 will pick up the championship game on 3/22 for those of you on Comcast.

[www.ecachockey.com]

Re: Cornell on TV and away internet games, redone 3/6
Date: March 06, 2008 11:35AM

Redid first post. If you have additions please post.

Date: March 06, 2008 01:08PM

I noticed on SNY's schedule website that they will not broadcast the semifinals live. It seems like they're planning on showing replays of the semis on Saturday afternoon and then showing the championship live.

Then again, their "schedule" has proven to be incorrect in the past.

Time Warner will still broadcast the semis, consolation, and championships all live.

Date: March 06, 2008 02:13PM

sah67
I noticed on SNY's schedule website that they will not broadcast the semifinals live. It seems like they're planning on showing replays of the semis on Saturday afternoon and then showing the championship live.

Then again, their "schedule" has proven to be incorrect in the past.

Time Warner will still broadcast the semis, consolation, and championships all live.

Thanks, I changed it.

Re: Cornell on TV and internet, redone 3/6
Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2008 06:05PM

So is there no way to listen, but not watch, this weekend's games?

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.caltech.edu)
Date: March 07, 2008 06:16PM

Jordan 04
So is there no way to listen, but not watch, this weekend's games?

REDcast should have the audio from Jason.

Union games not televised
Date: March 11, 2008 10:19AM

Brandon Thomas has confirmed that the Union series will not be televised on Time Warner:

[www.theithacajournal.com]

Re: Union games not televised
Posted by: jeff '84 (206.218.218.---)
Date: March 12, 2008 08:13AM

sah67
Brandon Thomas has confirmed that the Union series will not be televised on Time Warner:

Thanks, there was also a link about Riley Nash being ranked as Oilers' top prospect by Hockey News, but at the same time THN was "anything but complimentary of the Big Red program, ripping on Cornell's "soft schedule" and later referring to it as a "weaker program." Ouch."

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: March 12, 2008 01:15PM

jeff '84

Thanks, there was also a link about Riley Nash being ranked as Oilers' top prospect by Hockey News, but at the same time THN was "anything but complimentary of the Big Red program, ripping on Cornell's "soft schedule" and later referring to it as a "weaker program." Ouch."

Hockey's Future wasn't any kinder, hinting that the Oilers want Riley to play in Juniors next year.

[www.hockeysfuture.com]

He comes in at #4 according to their ranking.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: March 12, 2008 01:58PM

nr53
Hockey's Future wasn't any kinder, hinting that the Oilers want Riley to play in Juniors next year.

[www.hockeysfuture.com]

Despite all the talk among the permabulls here, I'd venture to say the Oilers know their business well. I do not expect to see Riley back next year. Maybe not Greening, either.

Kyle
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2008 01:58PM by krose.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 12, 2008 02:11PM

Maybe, but I'll eat my hat if Riley sees the NHL before Greening does.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.caltech.edu)
Date: March 12, 2008 02:25PM

CowbellGuy

Didn't you once say that Iggulden had no offensive talent? ;-)

Date: March 12, 2008 02:27PM

CowbellGuy
The one that's in the picture?

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 12, 2008 02:28PM

Jacob '06
CowbellGuy

Didn't you once say that Iggulden had no offensive talent? ;-)
You must be confusing me with everyone else.

Date: March 12, 2008 02:35PM

nr53

[www.hockeysfuture.com]

And either they know something that hasn't been announced yet, or they're just making an assumption about ROTY (which I think is easily Riley's anyway):

Hockey's Future
He led all conference freshmen in scoring and was named Rookie of the Year.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.public.uconn.edu)
Date: March 12, 2008 02:36PM

sah67
nr53

[www.hockeysfuture.com]

And either they know something that hasn't been announced yet, or they're just making an assumption about ROTY (which I think is easily Riley's anyway):

Hockey's Future
He led all conference freshmen in scoring and was named Rookie of the Year.

By conference they mean Ivy League.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 12, 2008 02:37PM

krose
I do not expect to see Riley back next year. Maybe not Greening, either.
Nash is, however, very young; the boy turns 19 in May. Maybe the Oilers are completely tone deaf, but I don't see how juniors is a better environment for developing the kind of all-around skills you need to succeed in the NHL. I'm betting he jumps for the AHL or NHL after next year, but if the Oilers think he's AHL ready this year, yeah, he's gone.

Greening? Nope. I'd be willing to bet (not enormous amounts, say $20--I'm poor) money on him staying next year. He's going to be the captain, and he's an artsie and former prep schooler.

Date: March 12, 2008 02:56PM

Scersk '97
krose
I do not expect to see Riley back next year. Maybe not Greening, either.
Nash is, however, very young; the boy turns 19 in May. Maybe the Oilers are completely tone deaf, but I don't see how juniors is a better environment for developing the kind of all-around skills you need to succeed in the NHL. I'm betting he jumps for the AHL or NHL after next year, but if the Oilers think he's AHL ready this year, yeah, he's gone.

Greening? Nope. I'd be willing to bet (not enormous amounts, say $20--I'm poor) money on him staying next year. He's going to be the captain, and he's an artsie and former prep schooler.
I'll bet both will be here next year.

Posted by: Avash (---.dhcp.chop.edu)
Date: March 12, 2008 02:57PM

Scersk '97

Greening was named one of the seven finalists for the ECAC Student-Athlete of the Year Award today.

Date: March 12, 2008 06:09PM

krose
Despite all the talk among the permabulls here, I'd venture to say the Oilers know their business well. I do not expect to see Riley back next year. Maybe not Greening, either.
Many years of following professional sports leaves me far from convinced that sports organizations necessarily know their businesses well. Especially when the entire sport has had a long standing institutional bias against college hockey, which while much diminished is still present. Not that the Oilers might not be rigth about him developing better in juniors or otherwise out of college. I just don't think it's self-evident that they must be.

That said, I won't be shocked if Riley Nash departed at the Oilers behest. Just disappointed.

Posted by: jy3 (---.bflony.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2008 06:57PM

no nesn coverage for the onion games this weekend, huh?

Date: March 14, 2008 07:41PM

jy3

I'd wager to say Union has NEVER been on NESN.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: March 14, 2008 07:42PM

Chris '03
jy3

Why? Isn't the Capital District in New England?

Date: March 14, 2008 07:47PM

ugarte
Chris '03
jy3

Hey bub, this isn't JSID. We stay on topic in this here forum.

Date: March 14, 2008 07:59PM

actually i think i have watched them on nesn (onion)

anyway, all other conferences have games on tv ....except the ecachl

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2008 08:06PM

Other out of conference scores:

NMU @ MSU tied at 1 with 2 minutes left in the first

UML 1 @ BU 2 end of the first.

Ooops, will move to a new thread.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2008 08:12PM by Rita.

Posted by: sah67 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2008 08:25PM

jy3

Perhaps you saw them playing Quinny which is the only ECAC team to have regular game broadcasts on NESN

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 15, 2008 01:09AM

KeithK
ugarte
Chris '03
jy3

Hey bub, this isn't JSID. We stay on topic in this here forum.
Are you new?

Posted by: LaJollaRed (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2008 05:17PM

Anyone know if tonight's game will be replayed in Ithaca? My TV tells me it won't be live on TWS, as I hoped, but any chance of the replay?

Date: March 15, 2008 05:31PM

LaJollaRed
Anyone know if tonight's game will be replayed in Ithaca? My TV tells me it won't be live on TWS, as I hoped, but any chance of the replay?

TW Albany isn't broadcasting the Union set. So the best chance for a replay will be when Age posts clips he may catch at the games.

Date: March 15, 2008 07:57PM

sah67
jy3

Perhaps you saw them playing Quinny which is the only ECAC team to have regular game broadcasts on NESN

it was actually before Q was in the league. maybe it was not nesn, i do not remember

anyway, LGR!

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: March 17, 2008 05:17PM

Jim Hyla
sah67 has pointed out that SNY does not list the ECAC semis as being shown live, just on delay the next day before the finals. The ECAC still lists them as broadcasting, but of course that doesn't mean they would broadcast it live. So don't depend on that.
ECAC now says that NHL network and TW are carrying the semis live, while SNY has the semis on delay, as assumed.

What channel is "Time Warner"? Is it only live on the local TW system in Ithaca?

Date: March 17, 2008 09:15PM

ugarte
Jim Hyla
sah67 has pointed out that SNY does not list the ECAC semis as being shown live, just on delay the next day before the finals. The ECAC still lists them as broadcasting, but of course that doesn't mean they would broadcast it live. So don't depend on that.
ECAC now says that NHL network and TW are carrying the semis live, while SNY has the semis on delay, as assumed.

What channel is "Time Warner"? Is it only live on the local TW system in Ithaca?

I redid the first post with the best data I could find. I did not check TW in many areas not served by a NY outlet, so check your own listings. However, a couple I did check were not showing them. Since they are not on in all NYS areas, your guess is as good as mine elsewhere. Your local TW cable usually will have it's own sports channel if it's going to show it.

Re: Cornell on TV and internet
Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.scrm01.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 01:46AM

If you have Sopcast and VLC on your computer, there will be a free, peer-to-peer webcast of the ECAC Semifinals on NHL Network. [www.myp2pforum.eu]

Date: March 21, 2008 05:55AM

Time Warner in Albany is to carry the games on channel 1. That along with the NFL network are only available on digital cable in Albany.

[www.timewarnercable.com]

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 07:38AM

My Comcast cable guide finally showed the ECAC semis starting at 4pm today on NHL TV. Until yesterday the schedule showed an AHL game tonight and some Stanley Cup rerun from years ago this afternoon.

Re: Cornell on TV and internet, redone 3/21
Date: March 21, 2008 09:27AM

Thanks all, updated.

Date: March 21, 2008 09:37AM

cbuckser
If you have Sopcast and VLC on your computer, there will be a free, peer-to-peer webcast of the ECAC Semifinals on NHL Network. [www.myp2pforum.eu]

Any chance there's a way to run this on a mac(pre-intel)?

Re: Cornell on TV and internet, redone 3/21
Posted by: jy3 (---.alb.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 11:06AM

Looks like here in the albany area on dishnetwork they will have the game on the nhl network. that is all I have found so far. no search on the guide for dnetwork?
strange

LGR!

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: March 21, 2008 12:16PM

sah67
CN8 will pick up the championship game on 3/22 for those of you on Comcast.

[www.ecachockey.com]

Just to clarify, there are several versions of CN8 -- including one in New England, one in the Philadelphia area, another in the DC area. Many times they'll have completely different sports programming. However, this time it appears that most (all?) versions of CN8 are set to televise the ECAC championship live on Saturday. CN8 will NOT show either of the semis.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 03:51PM

Is tonight's webcast still accessible through cornellbigred.com, or do I have to go elsewhere?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Robb (---.gradacc.ox.ac.uk)
Date: March 21, 2008 04:04PM

French Rage
Is tonight's webcast still accessible through cornellbigred.com, or do I have to go elsewhere?

www.b2livetv.com ($8 per game)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2008 04:06PM by Robb.

Date: March 21, 2008 04:24PM

Robb
French Rage

www.b2livetv.com ($8 per game)

Actually a "Weekend/Championship" special...

$25 for all 4 games (semis, consy, final).

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.scrm01.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 04:32PM

I'm getting a smooth, free P2P video stream of NHL Network. (See my post above for the link.)

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login