Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

ECAC Semis, Pregame

Posted by Jim Hyla 
ECAC Semis, Pregame
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 09:56AM

A few quotes from the local papers:

From the Times-Union

The more attractive matchup may be the Princeton-Colgate semifinal.

Well, we know how accurate something named Union can be.

From the DailyGazette

Donato
“Even though Yale is a tremendous rivalry for us in all sports, I don’t think they’re denying, in our players’ minds and our coaching staff’s mind, Cornell is a huge

rivalry for us. Lynah Rink, to me, is one of the greatest places to play in college sports, period. When Cornell is on our building, the atmos­phere is electric, also.”

Well, at least the local Union paper can get it right. And by the way Coach Donato, what does that say about your own fans, and will your band stay for Sat, or does spring break interfere with their schedule?

And thanks to urusminor here's the TroyRecord

"Coming from Cornell, there’s a great tradition of winning," said Big Red forward Ray Sawada, "and our fans aren’t ever happy with us ... when we lose. If we didn’t make it to the ECACs (semis), I know they’d be very disappointed."

"We get there so often, it’s almost taken for granted," Cornell coach Mike Schaffer said. "When we miss one year, it really stings."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2008 10:28AM by Jim Hyla.

Re: ECAC Semis, Pregame
Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: March 21, 2008 10:05AM

Just for completeness in the CD newspapers, here is a link to the Wreck-ord: [www.troyrecord.com]

Posted by: KP '06 (---.ece.cornell.edu)
Date: March 21, 2008 10:05AM

Jim Hyla
And by the way Coach Donato, what does that say about your own fans, and will your band stay for Sat, or does spring break interfere with their schedule?

I think the real question is, will their band even come for Friday?

Date: March 21, 2008 10:24AM

ursusminor
Just for completeness in the CD newspapers, here is a link to the Wreck-ord: [www.troyrecord.com]

Thanks, added it to my post. But why does it take godzillion characters in its URL?

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: March 21, 2008 10:41AM

ursusminor

Record
Four times from 2002-2006, the Crimson and Big Red clashed at the downtown arena with the ECACH title on the line, each winning twice. The last time they met each other in the semis was 2001 in Lake Placid, two years before Championship Weekend was moved to Albany.

Even someone who doesn't know a thing about ECAC hockey should be able to find the logical fallacy in that paragraph.

Date: March 21, 2008 11:03AM

RichH
ursusminor

Record
Four times from 2002-2006, the Crimson and Big Red clashed at the downtown arena with the ECACH title on the line, each winning twice. The last time they met each other in the semis was 2001 in Lake Placid, two years before Championship Weekend was moved to Albany.

Even someone who doesn't know a thing about ECAC hockey should be able to find the logical fallacy in that paragraph.

The Troy Record is a lousy newspaper. There is a reason that I called it the Wreck-ord in my earlier post. One can find errors in just about every article. Then again, it spends has the greatest coverage of any paper of RPI hockey, so I always read it. BTW, note who was named one of the dmen on the All-Rookie team in another article. rolleyes[www.troyrecord.com]

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: March 21, 2008 11:26AM

Avis is about to pick me up. Let's Go Red!

Date: March 21, 2008 11:57AM

ursusminor
The Troy Record is a lousy newspaper. There is a reason that I called it the Wreck-ord in my earlier post. One can find errors in just about every article. Then again, it spends has the greatest coverage of any paper of RPI hockey, so I always read it.

But do you have to get your English from it as well?smashfreak

Dilemma
Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 12:04PM

If Colgate beats Princeton, and if we lose, the final would be Colgate vs Harvard.

Who do we root (route) deadhorsefor?

For myself, I'd be for Colgate, but it's awful hard to clap while holding your nose...

Date: March 21, 2008 12:04PM

Jim Hyla
ursusminor
The Troy Record is a lousy newspaper. There is a reason that I called it the Wreck-ord in my earlier post. One can find errors in just about every article. Then again, it spends has the greatest coverage of any paper of RPI hockey, so I always read it.

I went to RPI. That is my excuse. :-D BTW, what is wrong about the first item that you highlighted (the word "errors";)?

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: March 21, 2008 12:06PM

ursusminor
Jim Hyla
ursusminor

I went to RPI. That is my excuse. :-D BTW, what is wrong about the first item that you highlighted (the word "errors";)?

My guess is irony.

Date: March 21, 2008 12:10PM

RichH
ursusminor
Jim Hyla
ursusminor

My guess is irony.

You got it.

Re: Dilemma
Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 01:02PM

TimV
If Colgate beats Princeton, and if we lose, the final would be Colgate vs Harvard.

Who do we root (route) deadhorsefor?

For myself, I'd be for Colgate, but it's awful hard to clap while holding your nose...

No dilemma at all. I'd be rooting for Colgate.

Posted by: HockeyMan (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 02:10PM

Defensive lapses cost us the home game against this team a few weeks ago; we'll have to be better tonight. Forwards will have to come back deep, and the d-men will have to play smart, heads-up hockey. Here I think especially of those whose decision-making is often suspect (read: Krantz, Devin, Davenport).

Offensively, the usual cliches apply: PP will have to get pucks on the net, and we'll have to take advantage of good opportunities, especially as we're not likely to get very many against a well-coached, senior-laden, disciplined Crimson. If we're ahead in the third, Schafer should give the third and fourth lines lots of ice time; if we're behind or even, he should give lines 1 and 2 extra shifts.

I like our chances, and I think we'll pull this off. LGR!

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: March 21, 2008 05:02PM

Princeton and Colgate are into the second period. There have been a lot of penalties called in the second, but still no score.

Princeton - Colgate
Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: March 21, 2008 05:26PM

Still scoreless after 2.

Re: Princeton - Colgate
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 05:51PM

Princeton just broke the ice and scores to go up 1-2. Just under 12 minutes left in the 3rd.

Bad breakout by Colgate led to the goal.

Re: Princeton - Colgate
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 06:03PM

Now 2-0 Princeton. Just over 5 minutes left in the 3rd.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 06:03PM

2-0 Looks like an all-Ivy final.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 06:04PM

Well, this is Colgate in the semis at Albany we're talking about.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

B2?
Posted by: sms257 (71.145.150.---)
Date: March 21, 2008 06:26PM

Is it worth buying (does it work?) and is it mac compatible anyone know? (or know of another option out of the ithaca area?)

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 06:55PM

bananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabanana

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 07:12PM

kill , red, kill

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login