Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell 5 RIT 3

Posted by Trotsky 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cornell 5 RIT 3 (3rd period)
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.tcsn.qwest.net)
Date: October 28, 2006 10:12PM

SCORE-BOARD

Re: Cornell 5 RIT 2 (3rd period)
Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)

RIT get a goal on a 5-3 advantage with 14 seconds left.

Mercy goal!

Re: Cornell 5 RIT 3
Posted by: jy3 (---.albyny.east.verizon.net)

well, more goals that most would have liked to have given up but a win is a win.
lets go red!
off to the tropics :)

Posted by: mhand06 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 28, 2006 10:14PM

YAY GO RED! WE WON!

Re: Cornell 5 RIT 2 (2nd intermission)
Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: October 28, 2006 10:23PM

French Rage
Who did they have in goal for SLU's 60-shot loss against them last year?

I'm pretty sure that too was Guimond.

Posted by: DL (---.netvigator.com)
Date: October 28, 2006 10:28PM

jy3
well, more goals that most would have liked to have given up but a win is a win.
lets go red!
off to the tropics :)

I'd be happy with more goals against us, so long as our offense follows suit. Having our reputation as a netminder institution is fine and good, but if we can just gain a reputation for firepower...
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2006 10:38PM by DL.

Posted by: BMac (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 28, 2006 10:52PM

I would just like to point out that the safety sieve's name is....Jocelyn. Jocelyn Guimond.

Of course, as soon as I saw that on the roster (thanks, guy who sits in front of me in A) I had to tell the entire section...

JOOOOOOCELYN! JOOOOOCELYN! JOOOOOOCELYN!

(I'm glad I didn't get in trouble)

LGR!

Posted by: LaJollaRed (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2006 10:59PM

I wouldn't count that second goal against Davenport's performance. The RIT forward put up a brilliant screen.

Other than that, defense was very, very good with many selfless body-sacrificing blocks.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 29, 2006 01:18AM

I don't really have a lot to say about tonight's game. I was surprised Guimond didn't start, especially given his success against us last year, and he showed that form in the 3rd period.

The first few minutes of the game were awful. RIT outskated us and outhustled us, and we were having a lot of trouble getting out of our own zone. There was no way we deserved to go up 2-0, but we settled down pretty quickly after that.

Davenport was good; I wouldn't blame him for any of the goals. You would've liked to see us kill the 5x3 at the end.

Had some trouble clearing the puck on the kill, but it's still early in the season and it's hard to nitpick. Yale had a big win tonight, so that might be a tough game next weekend.

Fans were good for the most part (the exception being the Kill Red Kill chant during a 5x5). Let's see if we can win a couple more before Sucks comes to town.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 29, 2006 02:08AM

Trotsky
1 04:03 Cor pp Carefoot 2 (Bitz 2)
1 10:49 Cor pp Nash 1 (unassisted)
1 11:31 RIT Hoftstetter 4 (Pinizzotto, Matic)
1 13:03 Cor Scott 1 (Barlow 2)

2 05:09 Cor Krantz 1 (Scott 1, Romano 1)
2 11:02 RIT Patry (Kharin)
2 13:26 Cor pp McCutcheon 1 (Scott 2, Seminoff 1)

3 19:45 RPI pp Pinizzotto (Patry, Hofstetter)

Oh, if RPI had really scored a goal at 19:45. :-)

Re: Cornell 5 RIT 2 (2nd intermission) - nice RIT audio
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: October 29, 2006 02:19AM

billhoward
The RIT announcers are pretty good. Funny. Entertaining.

One downside is signing up for Real Player (required by RIT) - these people are ex-Microsoft and have some tricks even MS hasn't thought up. See all the checkboxes of stuff they'll send you and they're all unchecked? The ones you see are unchecked but if you scroll down you'll see the hidden items are all checked.

If Real Player isn't your default player, you get a pop-up, "Do you want to correct this problem?"

I wasn't awake for the game last night, but I was able to get at least one of the RealAudio streams to play on xine/kaffeine under Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 (Sarge). I agree that RealOne is insidious, but are there no other media players under Windows that can handle it? You should get a better OS. :-}

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: Cornell 5 RIT 2 (2nd period)
Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2006 03:26PM

mhand06
If someone is at the game can they say "GO EVAN!" and take pictures for me and then email them to me please? I'm out of town this weekend and i'd like some pictures.

Because I was at the game, I didn't see this till today so I didn't take pics, but I did cheer for Evan :)

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2006 03:32PM

ebilmes
I don't really have a lot to say about tonight's game. I was surprised Guimond didn't start, especially given his success against us last year, and he showed that form in the 3rd period.

The first few minutes of the game were awful. RIT outskated us and outhustled us, and we were having a lot of trouble getting out of our own zone. There was no way we deserved to go up 2-0, but we settled down pretty quickly after that.

Davenport was good; I wouldn't blame him for any of the goals. You would've liked to see us kill the 5x3 at the end.

Had some trouble clearing the puck on the kill, but it's still early in the season and it's hard to nitpick. Yale had a big win tonight, so that might be a tough game next weekend.

Fans were good for the most part (the exception being the Kill Red Kill chant during a 5x5). Let's see if we can win a couple more before Sucks comes to town.

I agree with this post completely. The first few minutes worried me b/c RIT was pretty aggressive and physical, but our guys matched that after a few minutes and I was pretty happy the rest of the game.

The one comment I would add is that generally I felt like our seniors weren't doing too well, particularly in terms of energy and aggressiveness. The freshmen and Topher were all over the ice and seemed to be wherever the puck was. I noticed this most autely at one point in the third period when I watched Cutch just kind of stand there looking confused for a good 20 seconds instead of getting in there and going for the puck. The RIT players were good about harrassing us whenever we had the puck, and it seemed like most of our players picked up on that and started reciprocating, but a few of the seniors seemed more stuck in defensive mode. Probably just goes back to how the game has been played in the past, while the frosh have fewer preconceived notions about how to play and can more easily adapt to whatever teams come along. Hopefully the rest of the team can learn to do this as well, because it's particularly important now that we need to be stronger offensively and less reliant on our Ds.

Re: Cornell 5 RIT 2 (2nd intermission)
Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: October 30, 2006 10:57AM

scoop85
Romano shows great speed and creates a great opportunity. Don't remember when I've seen that from a Cornell forward.

Ermm... Vinnie Auger? ;)

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2006 03:30PM

las224
The one comment I would add is that generally I felt like our seniors weren't doing too well, particularly in terms of energy and aggressiveness...The RIT players were good about harrassing us whenever we had the puck, and it seemed like most of our players picked up on that and started reciprocating, but a few of the seniors seemed more stuck in defensive mode. Probably just goes back to how the game has been played in the past, while the frosh have fewer preconceived notions about how to play and can more easily adapt to whatever teams come along. Hopefully the rest of the team can learn to do this as well, because it's particularly important now that we need to be stronger offensively and less reliant on our Ds.

I too have noticed that the seniors have been in a very defensive mode through the first two games. I feel like this may be by design, though. Some of our seniors are our best defensive forwards (McCutcheon, Carefoot especially). While it would be nice if everyone could go all out offensively every night, we have very little experience on the blue line. If all of our experienced forwards were getting caught behind the play trying to score goals, that's going to put a lot of pressure on the defense and Davenport/Scrivens. Whether or not it results in more goals isn't known, but it will probably add to more penalties taken. Already being thin at the point, having defensmen in the box for necesary penalties will wear the other guys out even quicker. If some guys have to be a little more conservative for a while as the young/inexperienced defensmen adjust to full time college hockey I don't think that's a bad thing. With tough games coming up in conference these guys are going to have to learn quick. I just think these seniors are leading by example and by necesity on how to play both ways.

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login