[FB] @Georgetown

Started by ugarte, Today at 01:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugarte

#15
Quote from: scoop85 on Today at 03:21:14 PMWhile I'm delighted to have the 35-7 lead, the game has felt closer than that. Georgetown has missed out on many opportun
Certainly some really unfortunate conversions allowed on 3d and long or 4th down. At the same time, a pair of clutch 4th down stops in the red zone, a handful of sacks and a nice tip-drill interception also (iirc) in the red zone.

As I type, some awful tackling led to a reception to the Cornell 1, which G'town punched in on the next play to make it 35-14.

On the other hand, the offense has been relentless. Only one bad pass that I recall from GBS and a few really nice ones.

As G'town flubs an onside kick (illegal touch when the ball bounced right up into the kicker), I wonder if a backup will get a drive to take some reps. And the answer is yes. Devon Page in the game.

ugarte

Not much action for Page as he hands off twice before Cornell switches to victory formation to run out the clock.

35-14 Final.

G'town's best player was RB Clay Ash, who headed to DC after a couple of years as a walk-on at West Virginia.

JasonN95

Ugarte, thanks for the running game diary; I wasn't able to watch or follow the score so this was a recap.

mike1960

It's hard to enjoy Cornell football with the current headlines.

scoop85

Quote from: mike1960 on Today at 04:37:40 PMIt's hard to enjoy Cornell football with the current headlines.

Understandable, but since none of the men involved are/were football players, I'm able to separate my disgust over the Chi Phi incident with my rooting interest in Cornell football.