Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell 16, Binghamton 3 - Men's lacrosse

Posted by peterg 
Cornell 16, Binghamton 3 - Men's lacrosse
Posted by: peterg (---.bgdmlaw.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 03:11PM

Dominant performance by Cornell. Game started with the first three minutes or so played in the CU end. Cornell got it started on a man up and reeled off three goals quickly. Binghamton came back with their first goal but CU got that goal right back. The first quarter ended 4-1 Cornell. Second quarter was all CU - nine consecutive goals - ending with the score 13-1.

According to the radio broadcast, shots for the game were CU 42, BU 11. Ground balls were 39 - 18 in favor of Cornell. Face-offs ended Bu 12, CU 11, but BU wins were earlier in the game. Freshman Tommy Schmicker took control of the X and won a bunch in a row to even thing out.

Attack Dave Mitchell with 8 goals, and Derek Haswell with 4 goals and 3 assists were the offensive stars.

The last several years Binghamton has provided good early season competition. Today was not competitive. Good start for CU. Next up is Notre Dame, in Chicago, next Saturday.

Re: Cornell 16, Binghamton 3 - Men's lacrosse
Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.chesnh01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2006 11:13PM

Thanks, Peter. Can you (or someone else who was there or was able to "watch" online) post Cornell's midfield lines and starting defensemen?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 27, 2006 05:34PM

Hillel Hoffmann
Thanks, Peter. Can you (or someone else who was there or was able to "watch" online) post Cornell's midfield lines and starting defensemen?
I'd suggest watching the videocast in CSTV's archives, but I can't get it to start. Nor can I get recent hockey videocasts to play, although I can watch wrestling and basketball. What a wonderful service.bang

Posted by: redhair34 (---.ilr.cornell.edu)
Date: February 27, 2006 06:32PM

Al DeFlorio
I'd suggest watching the videocast in CSTV's archives, but I can't get it to start. Nor can I get recent hockey videocasts to play, although I can watch wrestling and basketball. What a wonderful service.bang

Nor could I. The Dartmouth/Colgate games are inaccessible. I called CSTV. It took me about 5 minutes to explain to the flunkie they had answering the phones what the problem was. Then he told me he'd make a note about it. A week later and no change. Maybe if enough people call someone will finally fix the problem. But I'm not holding my breath.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 27, 2006 09:44PM

redhair34
Al DeFlorio

Nor could I. The Dartmouth/Colgate games are inaccessible. I called CSTV. It took me about 5 minutes to explain to the flunkie they had answering the phones what the problem was. Then he told me he'd make a note about it. A week later and no change. Maybe if enough people call someone will finally fix the problem. But I'm not holding my breath.
I received an email this morning replying to one I sent at about 2:15 Saturday telling CSTV that I'd lost the lacrosse webcast. It said I should call this 800 number and customer service would help me resolve my problem. Very responsive.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: March 02, 2006 01:02PM

Yeah, it's frustrating that video from the Cornell-Binghamton game hasn't been archived. (It's still listed as "live.";) Anyway, I did get answers to some of the starting lineup mysteries, thanks to a helpful parent who braved the cold last weekend:

The third starting close defender, joining Belisle and Pisco, was Danny Nathan. Belisle was the guy who totally shut down Binghamton's McNamara.

No reliable info on offensive midfield lines, except that Boulukos and Seibald were indeed running together on the first line (with whom?) -- and the person filling the mystery spot on the second line is former attackman John Espey.

Vedder started at LSM, although Moyer played about 40 percent of the time.

Posted by: peterg (---.com)
Date: March 03, 2006 08:17AM

Hillel (et al) - The starting lineup vs BU was Haswell, Mitchell and Pittard on attack; Boulukos, Seibald and Casey Lewis at midfield; Pisco, Belisle and Nathan on defense. Second midfield was Espey, Clayton and Romero.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login