Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Men’s Basketball 23-24

Posted by George64 
Page: Previous123456 7 
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Men’s Basketball 23-24
Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2024 03:47PM

No more Cornell timeouts.

Date: March 16, 2024 03:48PM

I gotta say, our basketball crowd is hot as a baker.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2024 03:48PM by Trotsky.

Date: March 16, 2024 03:49PM

Fighting for rebounds against that Phantom freak Wolf is disheartening.

Date: March 16, 2024 04:03PM

Yale wins, 69-57.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: March 16, 2024 04:10PM

Disappointing in that Yale controlled the tempo and made us play their game. We couldn’t get shots and never got into a rhythm. I had a feeling of doom when Mahoney hit the desperation 3 from 30 feet at the end of the shot clock to make it 9-2. We never really recovered after that.

Posted by: ugarte (---.sub-174-216-212.myvzw.com)
Date: March 16, 2024 04:27PM

scoop85
Disappointing in that Yale controlled the tempo and made us play their game. We couldn’t get shots and never got into a rhythm. I had a feeling of doom when Mahoney hit the desperation 3 from 30 feet at the end of the shot clock to make it 9-2. We never really recovered after that.
they scored ~10 with the buzzer sounding during flight. we couldn't get out shots to fall from 2 or 3 and were uncharacteristically timid with an open lane. didn't help that the refs weren't calling contact on our drives. closing to six was a thrill but the wheels came off again. a shame because we're losing a lot to graduation.

beccles and feigen were getting real minutes at the end and noard had a really good year too. i guess i have to have faith in earl now.

Date: March 16, 2024 04:34PM

ugarte
scoop85
they scored ~10 with the buzzer sounding during flight. we couldn't get out shots to fall from 2 or 3 and were uncharacteristically timid with an open lane. didn't help that the refs weren't calling contact on our drives. closing to six was a thrill but the wheels came off again. a shame because we're losing a lot to graduation.

beccles and feigen were getting real minutes at the end and noard had a really good year too. i guess i have to have faith in earl now.

Agreed, the officiating allowed Yale to hack us with impunity. That surely didn’t help our cause.

While we lose some valuable players for sure, we have a nice core coming back, especially in the backcourt. Okereke was a revelation this year, and we’ll need him to take another step, as our front court will be a work in progress. Looks like we have a couple of nice guards coming in, but at this point we don’t have any commits up front. But like you I have faith in Earl, as he seems to find guys out of nowhere.

Posted by: blackwidow (---.nat.upenn.edu)
Date: March 16, 2024 04:46PM

Maybe this loss is a blessing in disguise. Pton hopefully will pass up on him should they need a new coach

Posted by: chimpfood (---.mycingular.net)
Date: March 16, 2024 04:59PM

Couldn’t make a shot and got railed by the refs with fucking brown waiting in the final. This was our chance and it’s gone, so disappointing.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (172.56.161.---)
Date: March 16, 2024 05:29PM

Perhaps I didn’t have a good angle, but from 5 rows behind the scorers table I didn’t think anybody got screwed by refs. There was the one Mannon drive late. Otherwise it seemed pretty even. I remember a few plays in the opening minutes where we made contact and Yale was complaining about non-calls.

Can’t shoot below 30% for much of the day and expect to win. That stretch of 4, 5, 6 stops in a row and not closing a 19-14 gap was brutal.

Posted by: ugarte (---.sub-174-216-212.myvzw.com)
Date: March 16, 2024 05:37PM

Jordan 04
Perhaps I didn’t have a good angle, but from 5 rows behind the scorers table I didn’t think anybody got screwed by refs. There was the one Mannon drive late. Otherwise it seemed pretty even. I remember a few plays in the opening minutes where we made contact and Yale was complaining about non-calls.

Can’t shoot below 30% for much of the day and expect to win. That stretch of 4, 5, 6 stops in a row and not closing a 19-14 gap was brutal.
for sure the refs weren't the main reason. it exacerbated a bad shooting day.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2024 07:06PM

very nice

Posted by: Ken711 (---.clppva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2024 07:30PM

Cornell never seemed to get their mojo back after that loss to Brown in Ithaca.

Date: March 16, 2024 10:34PM

Ken711
Cornell never seemed to get their mojo back after that loss to Brown in Ithaca.

They were terrific last week against Columbia. Another game like that today and we’d be playing tomorrow. But credit to Yale, who never allowed us to get anything going.

Posted by: toddlose (---.lightspeed.jcvlfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 16, 2024 10:36PM

Literally can’t imagine seeing Brown in the field of 64 (68 now with the stupid play in).

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-216-210.myvzw.com)
Date: March 17, 2024 12:48AM

NIT?

Date: March 17, 2024 01:11AM

arugula
NIT?
nah, but the CIT is back and that's a maybe.

Date: March 17, 2024 01:35AM

I count 15 conference champs with lower KenPom ratings than ours. 16 if Brown beats Yale.

Posted by: rss77 (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: March 17, 2024 09:33AM

NIT sucks now. NCAA$ changed the rules of the NIT in October: The top 2 teams out of 6 power Conferences left out of the NCAA tourney get auto bids to the NIT, they each serve as the host team, and they get in even if they have a losing record. Seems there is never enough money for the likes of SEC Commish Greg Sankey (SUNY Cortland alum) and his ilk in the power leagues.

Date: March 17, 2024 10:38AM

Greed destroys everything it touches.

Date: March 17, 2024 10:52AM

At least Princeton losing to Brown may take Mitch Henderson out of the Stanford vacancy I hope and the risk of Earl filling his place.

Posted by: mountainred (64.203.142.---)
Date: March 17, 2024 01:18PM

ugarte
arugula
NIT?

This site has Cornell as literally the last team in the NIT. I think they will be too busy squeezing in power conference teams that don't want to be there.

Cornell will certainly get invited to the CIT or CBI unless they make it clear they won't pay to play.

Date: March 17, 2024 02:14PM

last minute choke by brown, missing a ton of free throws then leaving a man unguarded under the basket for a bunny as the clock expired to lose by 1. incredible 3-point shooting from yale in the clutch.

Date: March 17, 2024 02:19PM

mountainred
ugarte
arugula
NIT?

This site has Cornell as literally the last team in the NIT. I think they will be too busy squeezing in power conference teams that don't want to be there.

Cornell will certainly get invited to the CIT or CBI unless they make it clear they won't pay to play.
yale w over brown may help us here but i still think it's unlikely

Posted by: CU2007 (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: March 17, 2024 09:39PM

NIT vs Ohio State. That’s kinda cool.

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-216-210.myvzw.com)
Date: March 17, 2024 09:40PM

So many big schools preemptively turned down the nit. Odd. Feel bad for the kids.

Date: March 17, 2024 09:49PM

An unexpected bonus to the season. Great for the program.

Posted by: chimpfood (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: March 17, 2024 09:55PM

We’ll take NIT for sure, let’s get a couple wins.

Date: March 17, 2024 10:05PM

Game is on for Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET. Will be on ESPN2, so great exposure for the program. Hopefully we can put on a good performance.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2024 10:34PM

CU2007
[www.ncaa.com]
NCAA
For the third-straight season, the NIT seeded only the top half of the 32-team field. The bottom 16 unseeded teams were placed into the bracket by the NIT Committee as close to their area of natural interest as possible.

Columbus, Ohio, is close our area of natural interest? I think I see four top half schools closer to Ithaca.

Date: March 17, 2024 10:38PM

David Harding
CU2007
[www.ncaa.com]
NCAA
For the third-straight season, the NIT seeded only the top half of the 32-team field. The bottom 16 unseeded teams were placed into the bracket by the NIT Committee as close to their area of natural interest as possible.

Columbus, Ohio, is close our area of natural interest? I think I see four top half schools closer to Ithaca.
yeah but look at their opponents. it's not like they had a lot of option for us. it's killing me that, once again, we lost to Syracuse in a season where we could have won. They didn't even get invited.

I'm really happy about this bid. A road win to extend the season would be sweet.

Date: March 18, 2024 12:34AM

ugarte
it's killing me that, once again, we lost to Syracuse in a season where we could have won.

It's like a Power Ball jackpot. When it finally happens, wooboy.

Posted by: mountainred (172.59.136.---)
Date: March 18, 2024 08:05AM

For folks who don't follow college hoops, Ohio State was floundering in conference play. In Mid-February they fired their coach after a 2-9 stretch and have gone 6-2 since then. So, the bucknuts probably aren't pouting about not making the NCAA Tournament -- since they played their way out of that conversation by Valentine's Day. And they look more like a team that is starting to enjoy playing as a team, rather that a squad that is just going through the motions waiting for the season to end.

This will be very challenging game, but I'm looking forward to these guys getting one more chance to take down a big name.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: March 18, 2024 08:53AM

ugarte
David Harding
CU2007
[www.ncaa.com]
NCAA

yeah but look at their opponents. it's not like they had a lot of option for us. it's killing me that, once again, we lost to Syracuse in a season where we could have won. They didn't even get invited.

I'm really happy about this bid. A road win to extend the season would be sweet.
Syracuse was going to get invited but decided early on to decline. I suspect the portal today plays a part in that

Date: March 18, 2024 10:25AM

upprdeck
ugarte
David Harding
CU2007
[www.ncaa.com]
NCAA

Syracuse was going to get invited but decided early on to decline. I suspect the portal today plays a part in that
fair enough. i watched the game, though, and this was a game we could have won. so was george mason, for that matter. we have a good, fun team. i'm going to miss this squad and i'm glad i get one more game with them, even if i hate the implications of mountainred's capsule scouting report.

in other ivy hoops news, princeton is in the NIT with us, pulling a 2 seed.

in other, other ivy hoops news, princeton won the women's ILT but columbia still made the field as an at-large. ivy women's hoops as a two-bid conference. i never thought i'd see the day.

Date: March 18, 2024 11:56AM

ugarte, believe it or not, you already saw the day. Penn and Princeton both made the women's tourney in 2016. Penn won the league while Princeton was an at-large. Princeton was matched up with WVU that year too. I seriously doubt we ever see it on the men's side.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: March 18, 2024 12:28PM

Princeton need to run the IVY table to have that shot.

Cornell needed to beat Baylor and SU
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2024 12:28PM by upprdeck.

Posted by: ugarte (---.sub-174-244-149.myvzw.com)
Date: March 18, 2024 01:30PM

mountainred
ugarte, believe it or not, you already saw the day. Penn and Princeton both made the women's tourney in 2016. Penn won the league while Princeton was an at-large. Princeton was matched up with WVU that year too. I seriously doubt we ever see it on the men's side.
the year Princeton went in as an 8, they still get in if there had been an ILT. I don't know if we never see it. Need a standout team with one signature OOC win blow the ILT final. Maybe could have been Princeton if they sweep the Ivies before losing to Yale in the ILT final

Date: March 19, 2024 05:32PM

ugarte
mountainred
the year Princeton went in as an 8, they still get in if there had been an ILT. I don't know if we never see it. Need a standout team with one signature OOC win blow the ILT final. Maybe could have been Princeton if they sweep the Ivies before losing to Yale in the ILT final

That's the scenario -- a generational team that wins the league 14-0 who then gags in the ILT. But that team better be a stone cold NCAA lock, or the SEC commissioner will pout and filibuster the tournament so a 17-14 Florida team can go instead.

If you are watching tonight, a heads up that the NIT is using the wider lane that they use in the NBA/FIBA. Maybe that helps open space for our guys?

Date: March 20, 2024 10:45PM

With an entertaining 23-24 in the rear view mirror (sadly), Cornell has 3 confirmed recruits for next year’s class:

• Gio Panzini, a 6’5” swingman from Saint Rose High School in New Jersey. From his video, he plays very much like Chris Manon, as he loves to attack the basket. His high school just won its first New Jersey state title since 1977
  • Anthony Nimani, a 6’4” point guard from Connecticut who just completed a PG year at the Berkshire School after becoming the all-time leading scorer at Platt High School. Nimani seems to be a combo guard along the lines of Nazir Williams
  • Mateen Rafiq, a 6’0” guard from Weston Ranch HS in California. Rafiq, although on the small side, is a deadly 3-point shooter.

None of the 3 commits has high major offers, but as we just saw last night, Earl’s recruits can go toe-to-toe with 4 and 5 star recruits. In Earl we trust.

We often pickup additional recruits late in the cycle, and as always we could use some more size up front. Ragland will be the main big guy next year, but Ryan Kiachian, who got some court time last night, and Chris Cain, who was injured the 2nd half of the season, could emerge to fill the void left by Hansen’s graduation. And 6’9” rising sophomore Ian Imegwu showed some ability in his very limited minutes.

Date: March 20, 2024 11:18PM

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised to see imegwu jump over kiachian and Cain to get 2nd string minutes.

Date: March 20, 2024 11:20PM

I liked that Beccles and Feigen started getting real minutes at the end. Feigen can flat shoot and Beccles can put the ball on the floor and finish (but can't shoot well from what I saw). I'm looking forward to seeing what Beccles can do when he's got more freedom to attack.

Posted by: rss77 (---.sub-174-197-212.myvzw.com)
Date: March 21, 2024 10:14AM

Also don't forget that Josh Baldwin who was the top freshman last year should be back from recovering from a blown ACL. Hopefully Earl can get a power forward too. As we have seen from the few years-the best way to beat Cornell is to attack inside. Brown University's big guys will be back next year to raise havoc too.

Date: March 21, 2024 12:53PM

rss77
Also don't forget that Josh Baldwin who was the top freshman last year should be back from recovering from a blown ACL. Hopefully Earl can get a power forward too. As we have seen from the few years-the best way to beat Cornell is to attack inside. Brown University's big guys will be back next year to raise havoc too.

Brown returns their whole starting 5 I believe.

Posted by: Mr. Niss (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 23, 2024 10:15AM

Brian Earl has resigned to take the head coaching job at William & Mary.

Date: March 23, 2024 10:16AM

That hurts. Confusing move to me, they must be paying a lot more or something

Date: March 23, 2024 10:22AM

chimpfood
That hurts. Confusing move to me, they must be paying a lot more or something

Yeah, that’s not the type of job I would have thought he’d leave for. Given the Ivy’s improvement over the past decade, I don’t see a CAA school as a big step up. And is W&M really going to be a player in the NIL space? I don’t get this.

Date: March 23, 2024 10:22AM

I'm surprised as well. I guess he's cashing out while he had such a strong season. This will be the second major men's sport opening Nicki Moore will be looking to fill. I hope she gets it right.

Date: March 23, 2024 10:30AM

I of course don't know if he's actually qualified, but I hope they just give it to Jon Jaques, for consistency in how they've played, for recruiting consistency, and because as an alum perhaps he'd stay longer if he has success than someone who would leave us for a program like William & Mary.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2024 10:30AM by Mr. Niss.

Posted by: mike1960 (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: March 23, 2024 10:35AM

Tough news, but I guess it was expected that he wouldn't stay forever.

I hope the AD chooses someone who knows how to win, even if it's at a lower division. Choosing assistant coaches based on pedigree and coaching trees is a gamble.

Date: March 23, 2024 10:36AM

Mr. Niss
I of course don't know if he's actually qualified, but I hope they just give it to Jon Jaques, for consistency in how they've played, for recruiting consistency, and because as an alum perhaps he'd stay longer if he has success than someone who would leave us for a program like William & Mary.
i think they promote jaques

Date: March 23, 2024 10:41AM

ugarte
Mr. Niss
i think they promote jaques

That seems like the most likely scenario. He’s now in his mid-30’s and has been a part of two successful regimes at Cornell. Knows the recruiting landscape and would provide continuity. May depend upon how strongly (if at all) Earl pushes for Jon to get the job.

Date: March 23, 2024 11:27AM

I agree.

Posted by: George64 (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: March 23, 2024 11:49AM

Mr. Niss
Brian Earl has resigned to take the head coaching job at William & Mary.

Do you think that Manon, Gray et al will become grad students at W & M?

Date: March 23, 2024 11:49AM

As pointed out in one of the Virginia papers he has access to scholarships and graduate transfers.

Date: March 23, 2024 12:10PM

rss77
As pointed out in one of the Virginia papers he has access to scholarships and graduate transfers.

So does every other non-Ivy school though.

Date: March 23, 2024 01:11PM

Mr. Niss
rss77

I wish Earl the best, but I don't get this move. The CAA is a step down conference-wise and W&M makes Cornell look like a basketball school.

I wonder if Kevin App's name resurfaces. He's had success at Willliams.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 23, 2024 02:17PM

maybe his style its an easier path to the tourney for him?

Date: March 23, 2024 02:31PM

upprdeck

Or having to face Yale and their 7 foot center for 2 more years.

Date: March 23, 2024 02:39PM

Ken711
upprdeck

Or he'd rather live in Virginia than Ithaca?

Date: March 23, 2024 02:43PM

ugarte
Ken711
upprdeck

That too perhaps. I lived in Williamsburg for a time. Much better weather obviously, and cheaper to live (taxes, housing, etc).

Date: March 23, 2024 02:56PM

I think it’s a bad sign for the program if our coach is uprooting his family after our most successful season in 14 years to go to William and Mary of all places.

Date: March 23, 2024 03:09PM

chimpfood
I think it’s a bad sign for the program if our coach is uprooting his family after our most successful season in 14 years to go to William and Mary of all places.
stop seeing ghosts everywhere

Posted by: mountainred (172.59.136.---)
Date: March 24, 2024 09:58AM

ugarte
Ken711
upprdeck

Yale fans are convinced Wolf is taking NIL money and bailing, but they could be seeing ghosts.

Williamsburg is an odd place. Summers are brutal because it is nearly swamp land (worse than an Ithaca winter? YMMV) and verrrry touristy. But I have a good friend who retired there, so it can't be all bad.

Over on the basketball-u board, a Princeton poster asserted that the W&M hoops budget is twice that of Cornell's (2mil+ v. 1mil+). So, Brian probably got a nice raise and access to more resources and is in charge of the clear #1 winter sport there. And has a pick of far more pancake houses (seriously, they are everywhere there.

The CAA is also a one-bid league, so I'm not sure the NCAA path is that much easier

Date: March 24, 2024 10:30AM

mountainred

Over on the basketball-u board, a Princeton poster asserted that the W&M hoops budget is twice that of Cornell's (2mil+ v. 1mil+). So, Brian probably got a nice raise and access to more resources and is in charge of the clear #1 winter sport there.

Until Ned arrived, basketball was the premier winter sport. That’s no longer true, and probably won’t be again.

Date: March 24, 2024 11:03AM

mountainred
ugarte
Ken711
upprdeck

Yale fans are convinced Wolf is taking NIL money and bailing, but they could be seeing ghosts.

Williamsburg is an odd place. Summers are brutal because it is nearly swamp land (worse than an Ithaca winter? YMMV) and verrrry touristy. But I have a good friend who retired there, so it can't be all bad.

Over on the basketball-u board, a Princeton poster asserted that the W&M hoops budget is twice that of Cornell's (2mil+ v. 1mil+). So, Brian probably got a nice raise and access to more resources and is in charge of the clear #1 winter sport there. And has a pick of far more pancake houses (seriously, they are everywhere there.

The CAA is also a one-bid league, so I'm not sure the NCAA path is that much easier

“The answer to all your questions is money.” -- Don Ohlmeyer

Posted by: Scersk '97 (216.49.132.---)
Date: March 24, 2024 11:18AM

George64
mountainred

Over on the basketball-u board, a Princeton poster asserted that the W&M hoops budget is twice that of Cornell's (2mil+ v. 1mil+). So, Brian probably got a nice raise and access to more resources and is in charge of the clear #1 winter sport there.

Until Ned arrived, basketball was the premier winter sport. That’s no longer true, and probably won’t be again.

Nobody can convince me that basketball exists.

Date: March 24, 2024 12:53PM

Scersk '97
George64
mountainred

You missed a fun season!

Posted by: Scersk '97 (216.49.132.---)
Date: March 24, 2024 03:20PM

ugarte
Scersk '97
You missed a fun season!

I know, I know. But we don't have the resources to compete in Moneyball, whether the pigskin version or squeakball version. For the latter, it saps all the life from it for me; for the former, at least the Ivies very early on separated from the rest and did their own thing. It's not great, but it's at least something. I just can't get jazzed up about a #15 seed beating a #2 seed and seeing that as some sort of accomplishment. It's not going to work out in the end.

I used to know folks around campus who were more invested in Cornell basketball than in Cornell hockey. I remember that run in 2010. It was cool and all, but people seemed to be paying more attention to it than they did hockey, where we had a legitimate chance at a title!

I mean, different strokes for different folks, and don't yuck other people's yum, but it just mystifies me.

Date: March 24, 2024 03:42PM

WD>WS

Date: March 26, 2024 11:41AM

This may be more of a next year topic, but Harvard Fr. Malin Mack has entered the transfer portal. He was the ROY, so this is big loss to them. Penn Fr. Tyler Perkins is in the portal as well, as is Brown Jr. Nana Owusu-Anane

For the good guys, Chris Mannon is in the portal for a grad year and is getting a lot of [url= ?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1770610464717672594%7Ctwgr%5E1f8f1bb3c8d135ea1ac6b9da573881cd010f8796%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fcollege%2Fpittsburgh%2Fbasketball%2Fpitt-panthers-contact-cornell-transfer]attention[/url]

Didn't mean to post the entire tweet, sorry.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2024 11:43AM by mountainred.

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-216-208.myvzw.com)
Date: March 26, 2024 12:09PM

It says “his coach” told them. Who’s his coach?

Date: March 26, 2024 01:10PM

mountainred
This may be more of a next year topic, but Harvard Fr. Malin Mack has entered the transfer portal. He was the ROY, so this is big loss to them. Penn Fr. Tyler Perkins is in the portal as well, as is Brown Jr. Nana Owusu-Anane

For the good guys, Chris Mannon is in the portal for a grad year and is getting a lot of [url= ?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1770610464717672594%7Ctwgr%5E1f8f1bb3c8d135ea1ac6b9da573881cd010f8796%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fcollege%2Fpittsburgh%2Fbasketball%2Fpitt-panthers-contact-cornell-transfer]attention[/url]

Didn't mean to post the entire tweet, sorry.[/quote]

I’m surprised William and Mary isn’t on the list. Gotta be happy for Manon. He was one of the most exciting and exuberant players that I’ve seen at Cornell.

Date: March 26, 2024 01:16PM

arugula
It says “his coach” told them. Who’s his coach?
Presumably as Associate Head Coach the guy handling those questions is Jacques, but I suppose they could have reached out to anyone on staff.

I also saw that Penn's Slajchert is in the portal but I don't remember his class year.

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-244-144.myvzw.com)
Date: March 26, 2024 11:05PM

Slajchert is good. Listed as a senior. Played three years, missing 20-21.

Posted by: Swampy (---.datapacket.com)
Date: March 28, 2024 03:56PM

mountainred
Mr. Niss
rss77

I wish Earl the best, but I don't get this move. The CAA is a step down conference-wise and W&M makes Cornell look like a basketball school.

I wonder if Kevin App's name resurfaces. He's had success at Willliams.

I know a guy who was head coach at an Ivy lacrosse program, and he voluntarily took a job as HC at a DIII school. I think his ambition was to be able to raise his family and live a long, happy life, rather than put up with all the stress that comes with coaching a sport at an elite level.

Date: March 28, 2024 11:11PM

The Formula for success is continuity:
We have seen that in Cornell ice hockey, wrestling, and ice hockey where individuals who were assistants or familiar with the program have moved up and continued those respective programs success. Continuity has not happened in basketball save for when Mike Dement succeeded Tom Miller. That makes the case for Jon Jacques IMO.Of course Dave Archer was promoted from Austin's staff but football was not successful under Austin or Archer.

Date: March 29, 2024 10:38AM

I meant lacrosse also

Date: March 29, 2024 09:12PM

Apparently Danny Wolf is in the portal.

Unless the Ivy embraces some type of NIL -- of course, I'm not holding my breath -- what Ivy basketball has built up since Princeton lost to Georgetown by one point as a 16 in 1989 will be flushed down the toilet.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2024 09:12PM by Mr. Niss.

Date: April 24, 2024 09:31PM

Boothby off to William and Mary with earl.

Posted by: dbilmes (64.224.255.---)
Date: April 24, 2024 09:31PM

Chris Mannon ends up at Vanderbilt. Meanwhile, Yale's Danny Wolf is heading to Michigan.

Date: April 24, 2024 09:42PM

dbilmes
Chris Mannon ends up at Vanderbilt. Meanwhile, Yale's Danny Wolf is heading to Michigan.
and I believe Malik Mack the big shot freshman from Harvard went to Georgetown (if that hasn’t been said already)

Page: Previous123456 7 
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login