Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Non-hockey alumni in the pros

Posted by David Harding 
Non-hockey alumni in the pros
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 18, 2010 11:41PM

According to the Ithaca Journal,

Recent Cornell University graduate Jeff Foote has landed a job in professional basketball.

The seven-foot center and Spencer-Van Etten High School graduate signed a three-year professional contract to play for Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv, Cornell announced Friday.

Re: Non-hockey alumni in the pros
Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 20, 2010 01:07PM

And Randy Wittman has signed in Massagno, Switzerland. I assume JTW has already ordered the uniform.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 20, 2010 01:24PM

ugarte
And Randy Wittman has signed in Massagno, Switzerland. I assume JTW has already ordered the uniform.
Ryan Wittman. Randy is his dad, the former coach of the Timberwolves.

Date: June 20, 2010 01:53PM

Jacob '06
ugarte
How do you know that Randy didn't sign with Switzerland and that the problem with the post is that it shouldn't be in an alumni thread? Huh? How? Did you follow the link or something?

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 20, 2010 02:53PM

ugarte
Jacob '06
ugarte
How do you know that Randy didn't sign with Switzerland and that the problem with the post is that it shouldn't be in an alumni thread? Huh? How? Did you follow the link or something?

Yes. :-D

Posted by: Robb (---.198-178.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: June 21, 2010 01:35AM

Things I do NOT love about Switzerland: Massagno is 135 mi away, but getting there involves driving 235 miles - through 2 foreign countries. I think I will not be catching any games.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: June 21, 2010 07:37AM

Robb
Things I do NOT love about Switzerland: Massagno is 135 mi away, but getting there involves driving 235 miles - through 2 foreign countries. I think I will not be catching any games.

What's the train connection like?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Robb (---.198-178.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: June 21, 2010 09:17AM

jtwcornell91
Robb

6 hours and 2 changes.

I'm starting to think Geneva is not really part of Switzerland...

Posted by: amerks127 (---.inet6.dpw.com)
Date: June 21, 2010 01:35PM

Robb
jtwcornell91
Robb

6 hours and 2 changes.

I'm starting to think Geneva is not really part of Switzerland...

It's hard to get a train through Zermatt. Travel time by car to Zurich was under 3 hours if I recall, but I'm guessing you have to take the train through Zurich to get to Massagno?

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: June 21, 2010 03:49PM

Along similar lines: Six games into the MLL season, Max Seibald and John Glynn are both among the scoring leaders. Seibald, who plays for the Denver Outlaws, is tied for 7th with 13 goals, 2 two-point goals, and 5 assists for 20 points. Glynn, of the Long Island Lizards, is tied for 24th with 6 goals and 5 assists for 11 points.

The MLL All-Star Game will be played Thursday July 8th at 7pm at Harvard Stadium and televised on ESPN2; the game will be played between the MLL All-Stars and the US Men's National Team (most of whom also play in MLL). After playing in the MLL ASG, the USMNT, which includes Seibald and Ryan McClay, will travel to Manchester, England, for the 2010 edition of the quadrennial FIL World Lacrosse Championships, starting July 15th. The team will attempt to recapture a championship it won six times in a row from 1982-2002 before being defeated by Canada in 2006.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: June 22, 2010 11:57AM

Maybe in our lifetime enough countries will take up lax that in can be an Olympic sport.

Kevin Boothe
Date: June 25, 2010 12:10AM

I missed the announcement at the time, but Kevin Boothe tore a pectoral muscle while working out back in May. He was to have surgery and take four months to recover, putting him back in action at the end of September. link

Date: June 25, 2010 11:21PM

Now [url= ]THIS[/url] is annoying. Yes, I know he is not alumni.

[url=http://twitter.com/ugarles]quality tweets[/url] | [url=https://bsky.app/profile/ugarles.bsky.social]bluesky (twitter 2) | [/url] [url=http://soundcloud.com/ALABpodcast]ALAB Series podcast[/url] | [url=https://linktr.ee/ugarles]Other podcasts and writing[/url]

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: June 26, 2010 12:15PM

ugarte
Now [url= ]THIS[/url] is annoying. Yes, I know he is not alumni.[/quote]

Yeah that is annoying, I wonder if Lin's parents are going to show up at the summer league games with their "Welcome to the Jeremy Lin show" t-shirts?

[url]http://www.cornellbigred.com/news/2010/6/26/MBB_0626103528.aspx[/url]
And Wittman signs with Boston Celtics summer league team starting July 5 in Orlando, some games will be on the Orlando Magic's website
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2010 12:23PM by phillysportsfan.

Posted by: Swampy (131.128.163.---)
Date: June 28, 2010 04:46PM

ugarte

What part(s) of it are annoying? (a) Mark Cuban, (b) Jeremy Lin, (c) Lin's parents, or (d) all of the above.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: June 28, 2010 05:05PM

Swampy
ugarte

What part(s) of it are annoying? (a) Mark Cuban, (b) Jeremy Lin, (c) Lin's parents, or (d) all of the above.[/quote]

I vote for
e) including a link with no explanation of what you might expect to find.

Clicking is such hard work. I might get RSI.

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: June 28, 2010 09:41PM

Swampy
ugarte

What part(s) of it are annoying? (a) Mark Cuban, (b) Jeremy Lin, (c) Lin's parents, or (d) all of the above.[/quote]

D. all of the above

Date: July 13, 2010 03:33PM

Josh '99
The MLL All-Star Game will be played Thursday July 8th at 7pm at Harvard Stadium and televised on ESPN2; the game will be played between the MLL All-Stars and the US Men's National Team (most of whom also play in MLL). After playing in the MLL ASG, the USMNT, which includes Seibald and Ryan McClay, will travel to Manchester, England, for the 2010 edition of the quadrennial FIL World Lacrosse Championships, starting July 15th. The team will attempt to recapture a championship it won six times in a row from 1982-2002 before being defeated by Canada in 2006.
The MLL All-Star Game is in the books; Max Seibald and Ryan McClay's USA National Team beat the MLL All-Stars 13-12. Seibald had a goal in the game and also was narrowly edged by Paul Rabil in the hardest shot event in the skills competition, which was held at halftime of the game. (Both shot 111 mph, tying a record previously held by Rabil; in the tie breaker, Rabil hit 111 again but Seibald only managed 109.)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 21, 2010 01:32AM

Thanks to Elie for reminding me that the World Lacrosse Championships are going on now. Max Seibald and Ryan McClay and the USMNT are 4-1 in group play; they have blown out Australia (21-5), Germany (22-4), England (17-5) and Japan (19-5), but suffered a close loss (10-9) to Canada (their only real competition for the championship, it would seem). Seibald, like many of the USA players, has put up a fair number of points against weaker competition (8 goals and 3 assists including the USA's first two goal of the tournament just 11 seconds into the game against Australia), but had just one assist against Canada. McClay is listed as having played in all five of the USA's group matches, but I'm not sure how much time he's seeing; he's one of three players, along with backup goalie Brian Dougherty (Maryland '96) and defenseman D.J. Driscoll (Notre Dame '06) not to have any points or penalties. (Still, there are only six defensemen on the roster, so it'd be surprising if he weren't logging at least SOME time.) The USA and Canada were the top two finishers in the "Blue Division" (consisting of the strongest teams) and are in opposite semifinals to be played on Thursday. Most likely they'll meet again in the championship game on Saturday. (I believe this will be televised on ESPNU.)

Additionally, as Elie mentioned in the 2011 lacrosse thread, recruit Sten Jernudd is playing for Sweden; he leads the team with 15 goals through five games, and has added 5 assists and 6 penalties. (If I'm reading the tournament format right,) Sweden finished second in their division (which also included the Czech Republic, Italy and Mexico), were placed into a second round (called the "intermediate round" ) matchup with Ireland (who'd won their division), lost that game, then got the Czech Republic again and beat them after losing to them in divisional play (the Czechs had lost their second round matchup with Scotland, who'd also won their division). This puts them in the 9th-12th place bracket, where they'll play Wales (group winners, beat Finland and lost to Holland in their second round bracket) and then either Ireland, Poland or Slovakia. (The format of this tournament is complicated.)

Speaking of Poland, Brad Kamedulski '10, who played in three games for Cornell this past season, is part of the Polish team. I don't know much about Kamedulski, but I'm assuming he's a defenseman since he has no points and 8 penalties through Poland's first four games. Poland finished second in their group (which also included Finland, Bermuda and Denmark), won both of their intermediate round games against Bermuda and Slovakia, and now have a play-in game later today (1:30pm BST/8:30am EDT) against Finland (who won the division, beating Poland 12-11 in OT in the process), with the winner advancing to play Ireland in the semifinal of the 9th-12th bracket and the loser playing Spain in the semifinal of the 13th-16th place bracket. (No, seriously, go on Wikipedia and take a look at the format of this tournament. It's nutty, but then, you try coming up with a format for a tournament where there are two real contenders and 28 teams playing for third place.)

Last, Kamedulski and Seibald have both done some writing about the tournament for the Cornell athletics website.

(Also, does anyone know the in-game rules they use in this tournament? If I'm reading these box scores right, they play 80 minute matches; is that correct?)

Edit to add: And as I learned after reading Seibald's article, the legendary (I think I'm justified in using this word here) Richie Moran is the "Team Leader" of the Ireland national lacrosse team, and the President of the Irish Lacrosse Federation.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 01:39AM by Josh '99.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: July 21, 2010 07:49AM

Josh '99
Thanks to Elie for reminding me that the World Lacrosse Championships are going on now. Max Seibald and Ryan McClay and the USMNT are 4-1 in group play; they have blown out Australia (21-5), Germany (22-4), England (17-5) and Japan (19-5), but suffered a close loss (10-9) to Canada (their only real competition for the championship, it would seem). Seibald, like many of the USA players, has put up a fair number of points against weaker competition (8 goals and 3 assists including the USA's first two goal of the tournament just 11 seconds into the game against Australia), but had just one assist against Canada. McClay is listed as having played in all five of the USA's group matches, but I'm not sure how much time he's seeing; he's one of three players, along with backup goalie Brian Dougherty (Maryland '96) and defenseman D.J. Driscoll (Notre Dame '06) not to have any points or penalties. (Still, there are only six defensemen on the roster, so it'd be surprising if he weren't logging at least SOME time.) The USA and Canada were the top two finishers in the "Blue Division" (consisting of the strongest teams) and are in opposite semifinals to be played on Thursday. Most likely they'll meet again in the championship game on Saturday. (I believe this will be televised on ESPNU.)

Additionally, as Elie mentioned in the 2011 lacrosse thread, recruit Sten Jernudd is playing for Sweden; he leads the team with 15 goals through five games, and has added 5 assists and 6 penalties. (If I'm reading the tournament format right,) Sweden finished second in their division (which also included the Czech Republic, Italy and Mexico), were placed into a second round (called the "intermediate round" ) matchup with Ireland (who'd won their division), lost that game, then got the Czech Republic again and beat them after losing to them in divisional play (the Czechs had lost their second round matchup with Scotland, who'd also won their division). This puts them in the 9th-12th place bracket, where they'll play Wales (group winners, beat Finland and lost to Holland in their second round bracket) and then either Ireland, Poland or Slovakia. (The format of this tournament is complicated.)

Speaking of Poland, Brad Kamedulski '10, who played in three games for Cornell this past season, is part of the Polish team. I don't know much about Kamedulski, but I'm assuming he's a defenseman since he has no points and 8 penalties through Poland's first four games. Poland finished second in their group (which also included Finland, Bermuda and Denmark), won both of their intermediate round games against Bermuda and Slovakia, and now have a play-in game later today (1:30pm BST/8:30am EDT) against Finland (who won the division, beating Poland 12-11 in OT in the process), with the winner advancing to play Ireland in the semifinal of the 9th-12th bracket and the loser playing Spain in the semifinal of the 13th-16th place bracket. (No, seriously, go on Wikipedia and take a look at the format of this tournament. It's nutty, but then, you try coming up with a format for a tournament where there are two real contenders and 28 teams playing for third place.)

Last, Kamedulski and Seibald have both done some writing about the tournament for the Cornell athletics website.

(Also, does anyone know the in-game rules they use in this tournament? If I'm reading these box scores right, they play 80 minute matches; is that correct?)

Edit to add: And as I learned after reading Seibald's article, the legendary (I think I'm justified in using this word here) Richie Moran is the "Team Leader" of the Ireland national lacrosse team, and the President of the Irish Lacrosse Federation.
To many of us in Syracuse, the main headline from this tourney, as reported here by IL, is that they would not let the Iroquois team enter the country, so they could not participate in the game they started. I thought it would have been interesting if the teams from the US and Canada refused to play.

Date: July 21, 2010 09:57AM

Jim Hyla
Josh '99

To many of us in Syracuse, the main headline from this tourney, as reported here by IL, is that they would not let the Iroquois team enter the country, so they could not participate in the game they started. I thought it would have been interesting if the teams from the US and Canada refused to play.
You're right, that's probably the big news item to catch the eye of non-lacrosse fans as well, and I was going to mention that as well except that the discussion of our alumni got longer than I thought it would be once I decided to include Jernudd and Kamedulski (and had to start trying to parse the format of the tournament), and it was late and I was tired. snore

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: July 21, 2010 01:58PM

phillysportsfan
Swampy
ugarte

D. all of the above[/quote]
I have to say, now that Lin is [url=http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/72228]signing a contract with Golden State[/url] - with some guaranteed money, to boot - I think it is pretty cool. Good thing Amaker is a horrible coach (and Donohue was a great one).

I should also say that I was particularly peeved when I saw that Lin had a summer league deal but Wittman did not. Soon after, Wittman played for both the Celtics' (IIRC) and Knicks' summer league teams. According to a friend who is a summer league/NBDL junkie, Wittman did not impress but Lin did.

[url=http://twitter.com/ugarles]quality tweets[/url] | [url=https://bsky.app/profile/ugarles.bsky.social]bluesky (twitter 2) | [/url] [url=http://soundcloud.com/ALABpodcast]ALAB Series podcast[/url] | [url=https://linktr.ee/ugarles]Other podcasts and writing[/url]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 01:59PM by ugarte.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: July 21, 2010 02:45PM

ugarte
I should also say that I was particularly peeved when I saw that Lin had a summer league deal but Wittman did not. Soon after, Wittman played for both the Celtics' (IIRC) and Knicks' summer league teams. According to a friend who is a summer league/NBDL junkie, Wittman did not impress but Lin did.

The one time I saw a Knicks summer league game on TV, Wittman didn't get any playing time at all. I caught a two-second glimpse of him going into the locker room at halftime, that was it. Hard to impress when you're not on the court.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: July 21, 2010 03:10PM

Beeeej
ugarte

The one time I saw a Knicks summer league game on TV, Wittman didn't get any playing time at all. I caught a two-second glimpse of him going into the locker room at halftime, that was it. Hard to impress when you're not on the court.
If you don't impress in practice you don't get on the court. Playing time is a privilege, not a right.

Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: July 21, 2010 03:51PM

Josh '99

They play 4 20 minute quarters, but it's running time. Like soccer without the add-on injury fall-to-the-ground-and act-like-a-fish-out-of-water time

Date: July 22, 2010 05:38PM

As expected, the USA defeated Japan in the semifinals of the World Lacrosse Championships and will face Canada in the finals on Saturday. The USA had defeated Japan 19-5 in group play two days ago, and won by a 20-5 score today. Max Seibald had a goal and an assist in the game; Ryan McClay had two penalties, but I suppose he can be forgiven for distracted play as, according to the Lacrosse Magazine live blog of the game, his wife had given birth to the couple's first child earlier in the day. Congratulations Ryan!

In the other semifinal, Canada downed Australia 15-6, also no surprise given that they'd previously beaten the Aussies 19-5 in group play. As I mentioned previously, Saturday's championship game will be broadcast live on ESPNU starting at 11am EDT.

Date: July 24, 2010 03:19PM

Congratulations to Max Seibald and Ryan McClay, who are world champions (McClay for the second time) after the USA's 12-10 win over Canada earlier today. I didn't remember to record the game, but tuned in with a few minutes left to see Seibald be the guy the coach picked to have the ball in his stick off restarts late in the fourth quarter with the USA defending a slender lead. He was held off the scoreboard, but I'm not sure why he wasn't credited with an assist for setting up Mike Leveille's late insurance goal. Leveille and Paul Rabil each had hat tricks for the USA.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 24, 2010 09:28PM

Seibald and McClay named to the All-World team: [insidelacrosse.com]

Date: July 25, 2010 07:45PM

Team USA uniforms were colorful. Carl Sagan probably wore underwear like that, with all the stars.

[clear]

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: July 26, 2010 04:57PM

billhoward
Team USA uniforms were colorful. Carl Sagan probably wore underwear like that, with all the stars.

That's a lot of stars. If Carl Sagan had to guess, how many stars do you think he would say are on the shorts?:-D

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: July 27, 2010 12:09PM

Roy 82
billhoward

That's a lot of stars. If Carl Sagan had to guess, how many stars do you think he would say are on the shorts?:-D

Carl Sagan was a scientist. I don't think he'd guess. rolleyes

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: July 27, 2010 12:27PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Roy 82
billhoward

He would estimate!

"I'm a scientist! I don't think, I observe." -- Dr. Clayton Forrester

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Red-in-law (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 27, 2010 05:17PM

Tens and tens?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: July 28, 2010 09:09AM

jtwcornell91
Jeff Hopkins '82
Roy 82
billhoward

He would estimate!

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: July 29, 2010 10:59AM

jtwcornell91
He would estimate!

The Poisson distribution comes in handy.

Posted by: kingpin248 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 23, 2010 03:40PM

A few notes from the Major League Lacrosse playoffs this past weekend:

Max Seibald had two goals for Denver in a semifinal loss to Long Island. Ryan McClay's Boston Cannons also came up short against Baltimore Washington Chesapeake.

During the championship game (won by Chesapeake), the announcers said that John Glynn didn't dress for Long Island in either the semi or the final. They didn't say why other than it was a "tough decision" for the Lizards' head coach.

Date: August 25, 2010 02:17PM

Ryan Wittman has signed with Italian Serie A Lega2 team Fulgor Libertas Forli, which was promoted from the third division this season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2010 11:14AM by ugarte.

Ryan Whittman
Date: August 25, 2010 11:00PM

ugarte
Ryan Wittman has signed with Italian Serie A team Forli.
Ithaca Journal covers the same ground.

Re: Ryan Whittman
Date: August 26, 2010 11:04AM

David Harding
ugarte
Ryan Wittman has signed with Italian Serie A team Forli.
Ithaca Journal covers the same ground.
Though I need to correct something I wrote: Fulgor Libertas Forli is a second division team. It appears that they were just promoted into Lega2 because teams that should have been promoted from the semipro league (Serie A Dilettanti) couldn't afford to play this year and FLF got their spot.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2010 11:16AM by ugarte.

Kevin Boothe activated
Date: November 12, 2010 10:07PM

The AP reports that the Giants have "activated offensive lineman Kevin Boothe off the physically unable to perform list." He has been practicing for two weeks. With the team's injury woes, he might be starting on Sunday.

Re: Kevin Boothe activated
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 12, 2010 11:46PM

David Harding
The AP reports that the Giants have "activated offensive lineman Kevin Boothe off the physically unable to perform list." He has been practicing for two weeks. With the team's injury woes, he might be starting on Sunday.

According to NFL.com/Giants, it sounds like they are leaning towards Boothe.

Posted by: polar (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: November 14, 2010 04:32PM

Boothe leaves the game hurt with just under 10 minutes remaining in the first quarter. No telling whether he'll return or not.

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 14, 2010 04:37PM

[translate.google.com]

Looks like Foote is about to get cut, he hasnt really played much so not too big of a surprise

Date: November 14, 2010 06:49PM

polar
Boothe leaves the game hurt with just under 10 minutes remaining in the first quarter. No telling whether he'll return or not.
Boothe is back in the game now. He's playing left guard; I thought he was playing right tackle earlier.

Date: November 14, 2010 08:22PM

Poor Kevin - helps snuff out NY's comeback. Long TD pass late in fourth that brings the Giants to within a FG is called back when Booth is called for holding (actually tackling) a Dallas defender breakng in on Manning. Booth doesn't know it, but Manning's TD throw was in the air. Manning then fumbles the ball away next play, and that's the ballgame.

Date: November 14, 2010 09:42PM

phillysportsfan
[translate.google.com]

Looks like Foote is about to get cut, he hasnt really played much so not too big of a surprise
The most impressive thing to me is that he signed for 3 year/$1 million.

Date: November 14, 2010 11:06PM

ugarte
phillysportsfan
[translate.google.com]

The most impressive thing to me is that he signed for 3 year/$1 million.

Yeah I wonder how much of that money he will actually see now, I was surprised when this team signed him to begin with as they are like the Lakers of the Euro leagues, Foote needs to bulk up a lot more before he can compete at that level, if they cut him he should be able to get a basketball job somewhere else, some team could use a 7 footer

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: December 06, 2010 11:01AM

There's no record of it on the stat sheet, but IMO Kevin Boothe has played very well filling in at left guard for the Giants the last 4 weeks.

He's rarely been flagged for a penalty - the one memorable one against the Eagles, which brought back a touchdown, was a pretty poor call - and he's been a fixture on a line that hasn't allowed a sack in a month.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2010 11:01AM by Jordan 04.

Posted by: scoop85 (173.84.100.---)
Date: December 06, 2010 11:27AM

Jordan 04
There's no record of it on the stat sheet, but IMO Kevin Boothe has played very well filling in at left guard for the Giants the last 4 weeks.

He's rarely been flagged for a penalty - the one memorable one against the Eagles Cowboys, which brought back a touchdown, was a pretty poor call - and he's been a fixture on a line that hasn't allowed a sack in a month.

FYP. Agreed that he's been solid, and Giants fans are finally warming to him after being skeptical of his ability to step-in.

Posted by: 2 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2010 02:33PM

scoop85
Jordan 04

He's rarely been flagged for a penalty - the one memorable one against the Eagles Cowboys, which brought back a touchdown, was a pretty poor call - and he's been a fixture on a line that hasn't allowed a sack in a month.

FYP. Agreed that he's been solid, and Giants fans are finally warming to him after being skeptical of his ability to step-in.

He seemed to have a harder time taking McKenzie's spot last year, but I think he is much better at the left guard position. His run blocking has been excellent. He doesn't haven't to worry about those speed rushers as much at this position. Recently the Giants have been prone to rush injured players to IR, so it was very fortunate for him and the Giants that they put him on the PUP list instead of IR after his weight lifting accident in the summer.

Date: December 16, 2010 03:31PM

Lou Dale's game against Iverson's Turkey basketball team is on espn3.com on Tuesday December 21 at 12pm

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: January 02, 2011 04:31PM

Kevin Boothe is now stepping in as Center for the Giants, with Seubert knocked out.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: polar (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 02, 2011 06:59PM

Beeeej
Kevin Boothe is now stepping in as Center for the Giants, with Seubert knocked out.

Giants haven't been able to run most of the game with Seubert out. Boothe blocking well on pass coverage, but can't seem to work well on the run.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 03, 2011 02:31PM

polar
Beeeej

Giants haven't been able to run most of the game with Seubert out. Boothe blocking well on pass coverage, but can't seem to work well on the run.
He can start working on run blocking as soon as today. Hard to believe the Giants are out and the Seahawks are in. Seattle and St. Louis seemed unwilling to win their game; atrocious receiving on both sides.

Date: January 03, 2011 04:04PM

polar
Beeeej

I thought he played well enough considering that center isn't (as far as I'm aware) a position he'd previously played in the NFL.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 03, 2011 09:53PM

Josh '99
polar
Beeeej

I thought he played well enough considering that center isn't (as far as I'm aware) a position he'd previously played in the NFL.

Did he even play it in college?

ETA: From his Giants.com profile:

Four-year starter who played 3 different positions at Cornell…Started his career as a right guard before shifting to right tackle as a junior, then moved to left tackle early in his senior year

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2011 09:55PM by Jordan 04.

Posted by: polar (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 06, 2011 04:11PM

Jordan 04
Josh '99
polar
Beeeej

Did he even play it in college?

ETA: From his Giants.com profile:

Four-year starter who played 3 different positions at Cornell…Started his career as a right guard before shifting to right tackle as a junior, then moved to left tackle early in his senior year

It's amazing he was able to step into the role at all, considering the circumstances. But it was pretty clear he was understandably focused on getting the snap off, instead of making space for an inside run. You have to hope the Giants keep him around next year, he's been absolutely solid in a difficult role.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login