Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell vs. Notre Dame

Posted by scoop85 
Cornell vs. Notre Dame
Posted by: scoop85 (173.84.100.---)
Date: May 27, 2010 04:31PM

Deserves its own thread.

IL scouting report is very positive about our Big Red. The scout (I assume a coach of another team) says Pannell is the best player in the country. Who am I to argue?

Re: Cornell vs. Notre Dame
Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 27, 2010 09:03PM

A good sign: the Swami picks Notre Dame

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 28, 2010 07:28AM

scoop85
Man, I forgot how annoying that website is.

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nyc.deshaw.com)
Date: May 28, 2010 09:52AM

So is anyone else having a hard time enjoying this upcoming game because they are petrified that UMd will hire away Coach T after the season concludes? Or is it just me? I'd like to think that Cornell lax is a good enough gig and that he has an enjoyable enough situation that he wouldn't be lured away, even to an UMd type opportunity, but who knows...

Posted by: mnagowski (---.cluster-g.websense.net)
Date: May 28, 2010 10:30AM

I'm not losing any sleep over it. Jeff has deep Upstate NY roots -- he's a product of West Genesee and Hobart.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: May 28, 2010 11:19AM

It is a different situation than the one that got Pietramala to leave, as he was a Hopkins alumnus and it was his dream job that opened up. I believe that was a "grand slam homerun" in Coach Donahue lingo. Like mnagowski said, Tambroni has upstate NY roots, and has a strong national program here. That said, I can't say it wasn't the first thing that popped into my head when I heard the Cottle news, as a school as big as MD can probably afford to back up the money truck more so than Cornell can if they really want him.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: May 28, 2010 11:38AM

JasonN95
So is anyone else having a hard time enjoying this upcoming game because they are petrified that UMd will hire away Coach T after the season concludes?
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me... no. I figured that the odds were better than 50-50 that Donahue was going to leave after the season but it didn't take away from the run. Worry about the coaching carnival after the season ends.

The move from Pietramila to Tambroni was pretty seamless and I expect Noel to hire a good replacement if Tambroni jumps to Maryland. The record of the football team notwithstanding, he has a good record of bringing in quality coaches.

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: May 28, 2010 12:18PM

ugarte
JasonN95
So is anyone else having a hard time enjoying this upcoming game because they are petrified that UMd will hire away Coach T after the season concludes?
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me... no. I figured that the odds were better than 50-50 that Donahue was going to leave after the season but it didn't take away from the run. Worry about the coaching carnival after the season ends.

The move from Pietramila to Tambroni was pretty seamless and I expect Noel to hire a good replacement if Tambroni jumps to Maryland. The record of the football team notwithstanding, he has a good record of bringing in quality coaches.
Hockey and lacrosse differ from basketball and football in that there are no coaches making $1 million in college lacrosse. What's the top amount you can make, $200K, $250K? So a top-notch Ivy coach who goes elsewhere would make a nice percentage increase on his salary but not a multiple.

Date: May 28, 2010 12:22PM

scoop85
Sometimes a public nuisance or flasher thrives on the attention, so is it worth going back a couple years and seeing which top team won most when picked by the Swami to lose? And is it Navy or pehaps Hopkins that has lost most often when picked to win?

Date: May 28, 2010 12:25PM

scoop85
Deserves its own thread.

IL scouting report is very positive about our Big Red. The scout (I assume a coach of another team) says Pannell is the best player in the country. Who am I to argue?
Inside Lacrosse
Cornell is a team that is affective in all phases...
Perhaps voice or mannerisms off the field.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: May 28, 2010 12:29PM

I think it's hugely unlikely Tambroni would go anyplace that isn't Syracuse. Even Hobart. He has truly built a great program that is all his own, his family is happy, and the nature of our athletics dept is 180 degrees from Maryland's "Make the playoffs 10 straight years but no championships so you're gone" attitude. Tambroni could be here longer than Richie.

That being said, if Tambroni left or got killed by a snowplow, we have a guy named Ben DeLuca. You may remember him. He was Princeton's first choice when Tierney left. They then had to go to their safety coach from Drexel.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: May 28, 2010 12:55PM

TimV
I think it's hugely unlikely Tambroni would go anyplace that isn't Syracuse.
Despite how well Tambroni has done at Cornell, I'm not sure that'd even be a realistic possibility. Desko had been an assistant at SU for 19 years (!) before getting the job when Roy Simmons Jr. retired, and before that Simmons Jr. had been an assistant coach under his father, so I have to assume they're happy with the way hiring from within has worked out for them; if that's the way they want to go, they've got a couple of experienced options in-house including Simmons III.

Posted by: ben03 (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: May 28, 2010 01:07PM

First - There's no way Coach T is leaving for this job for all the reasons listed above.

Second - Dave Cottle ('02-10), Dick Edell ('84-'01) and Bud Beardmore ('70-'83) were all native Marylanders ... so i stopped there thinking 40-years was far enough ... they will most definitely hire another native son. hell would likely have to freeze over before they would look outside their own for the coach of the Terps.

Date: May 28, 2010 01:12PM

Josh '99
TimV
... they've got a couple of experienced options in-house including Simmons III.

RSiii is not even in the same league as Simmons i & ii or even Desko for that matter ... Kevin Donahue is a far superior in terms of technical knowledge and ability and has been there almost as long as JD.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: May 28, 2010 01:50PM

ben03
they will most definitely hire another native son. hell would likely have to freeze over before they would look outside their own for the coach of the Terps.

Excellent point. The arrogant provincial claim to the sport in MD is sickeningly deep. Hiring someone from Upstate NY would be like a metaphor I can't think of right now.

Date: May 28, 2010 03:00PM

ben03
Josh '99
TimV

RSiii is not even in the same league as Simmons i & ii or even Desko for that matter ... Kevin Donahue is a far superior in terms of technical knowledge and ability and has been there almost as long as JD.
I'm not saying he is, just mentioned him by name from among the other in-house options for the sake of name recognition. (Donahue is essentially the same age as Desko, so it would surprise me if they were to hire him if Desko hypothetically were to retire 10-15 years down the line only because at that point he'd be in the retirement age range as well, and it would seem to make sense to hire someone younger.)

Date: May 28, 2010 03:01PM

RichH
ben03
they will most definitely hire another native son. hell would likely have to freeze over before they would look outside their own for the coach of the Terps.

Excellent point. The arrogant provincial claim to the sport in MD is sickeningly deep. Hiring someone from Upstate NY would be like a metaphor I can't think of right now.
Like a statue of Michael Jordan with Reebok gear on it?

Date: May 28, 2010 03:03PM

Josh '99
ben03
Josh '99
TimV

I'm not saying he is, just mentioned him by name from among the other in-house options for the sake of name recognition. (Donahue is essentially the same age as Desko, so it would surprise me if they were to hire him if Desko hypothetically were to retire 10-15 years down the line only because at that point he'd be in the retirement age range as well, and it would seem to make sense to hire someone younger.)

gotcha on all points ... i'm just saying the name didn't help him with coaching prowess. it just him a job.

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 28, 2010 03:10PM

Are the lacrosse tickets really sold out?????
[www.ticketmaster.com]

All that is left is the 3 day VIP hospitality tickets

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.60.172.18.ded.snet.net)
Date: May 28, 2010 03:20PM

phillysportsfan
[www.ticketmaster.com]

No. Daily tickets were released this morning. End zones in the 100s are available.

Date: May 28, 2010 03:28PM

Chris '03
phillysportsfan
[www.ticketmaster.com]

No. Daily tickets were released this morning. End zones in the 100s are available.

I didnt see them on Ticketmaster site, I guess they are only available by calling?

Nevermind, I found them
[www.ticketmaster.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2010 03:30PM by phillysportsfan.

Date: May 28, 2010 03:41PM

If you're still looking for tickets today before 5 pm, try the Ravens ticket office. They hire incredibly polite sports interns who are very knowledgeable (other than, um, what are the Cornell sections) and you pay a less-than-online ticket surcharge. Or just buy at the gate.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.att-inc.com)
Date: May 28, 2010 05:40PM

billhoward
If you're still looking for tickets today before 5 pm, try the Ravens ticket office. They hire incredibly polite sports interns who are very knowledgeable (other than, um, what are the Cornell sections) and you pay a less-than-online ticket surcharge. Or just buy at the gate.
I called the Ravens' ticket office and they said single game tickets could only be purchased through Ticketmaster. Got two in 141, row 6, at 10:10 this morning. $92.90 total with all the rip-off extra chargs.

Date: May 28, 2010 09:40PM

Al DeFlorio
billhoward
I called the Ravens' ticket office and they said single game tickets could only be purchased through Ticketmaster. Got two in 141, row 6, at 10:10 this morning. $92.90 total with all the rip-off extra chargs.

Yeah same here section 141, row 6 and that was at 4pm so I guess they didnt sell too many

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: May 28, 2010 09:45PM

I assume single game tickets can be purchased at the gate tomorrow?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.att-inc.com)
Date: May 28, 2010 11:42PM

Jordan 04
Safe assumption, I'd say. Maybe you'll get section 141, row 6!

Date: May 29, 2010 02:56AM

Jordan 04
There've been thousands (tens of thousands, probably) of empty upper deck seats at the two lax Final Fours I've been to. You surely won't be turned away.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (123.143.183.---)
Date: May 29, 2010 09:36AM

Josh '99
Jordan 04
There've been thousands (tens of thousands, probably) of empty upper deck seats at the two lax Final Fours I've been to. You surely won't be turned away.

And with no Maryland schools in the field, you can easily move downstairs.

Posted by: French Rage (---.clppva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 29, 2010 03:02PM

Anyone know anywhere streaming for free?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: May 29, 2010 03:53PM

I have to be in the lab for most of the game, so I'll be on the chat much of the time...

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Robb (---.105-92.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: May 29, 2010 04:06PM

French Rage

I found it at channelsurfing (net). Had to download a plugin, but it's working fine.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 29, 2010 04:18PM

French Rage
ESPN2. ;-)

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.par.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: May 29, 2010 04:24PM

Ditto.

Posted by: French Rage (---.clppva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 29, 2010 04:49PM

Robb
French Rage

I found it at channelsurfing (net). Had to download a plugin, but it's working fine.

thanks!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: cnunlist (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 29, 2010 05:07PM

It would be nice if Cornell's goalie would make a save once in awhile. That's been the difference.. CU getting frustrated as the ND goalie makes some nice saves, and CU's goalie hasn't made a big save yet and has given up a few softies.

Posted by: Robb (---.105-92.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: May 29, 2010 05:12PM

Seems like our offense needs to be more aggressive - we're hanging back, and then making rather obvious attacks rather than driving hard and dishing. ND has much better ball movement on offense, which is opening up their guy for just that fraction of a second needed to get off a good shot.

Except for our second goal - that was a beaut.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 29, 2010 05:48PM

Rogers and the ND D have been great so far. Down 8-5 entering the 4th quarter. We need an amazing push.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 29, 2010 07:06PM

That was painful, I thought we won the game on the field but ND might had a sheet of plywood in front of the net. Congrats to them and thanks to this years Lax team. The are young and I am sure we will see great things from them over the next 2 years.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 29, 2010 09:57PM

Towerroad
ND might had a sheet of plywood in front of the net.

Don't want to speak too highly of any opponent but he's more like a brick wall. Just like at the size of that neck! It might as well join his face and become the same body organ.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2010 09:58PM by ajh258.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 29, 2010 10:12PM

My take from the upper deck: we simply could not beat their D-men on the dodge, and ND was able to pack it in, knowing that Rodgers would eat up our outside shots. On the other end, ND didn't do anything too imaginative -- many of their goals came on power moves where they were able to muscle through our D.

Eventually, all the little things began to go against us, and we started pressing and getting a bit sloppy.

Quite a difference a week made, but give ND credit -- they did everything they would have wanted to.

Thanks to the Seniors for an amazing run. We'll certainly be in the mix again next year, but expect the Ivies to continue to improve across the board, which will make for a challenging season.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.stand.xohost.com)
Date: May 29, 2010 10:17PM

Reminded me a lot of the Dartmouth game. Ten shots in the first ten minutes but only one goal to show for it. Then Cornell fell behind and never could get in an offensive rhythm. Commendable season with a kind of flat finish. Plenty of great experience for the frosh.

Date: May 29, 2010 10:26PM

#1 - ND controlled the game almost start to finish and we looked stagnant almost start to finish.

#2 - Fiore looked shaky/rattled missing numerous saves i think he would have normally made. He drops his body way to early on most shots.

#3 - Our offense seemed to be searching for ways to find shots that weren't at tight angles ... Pannell and Hurley were on islands all day long - a credit to the ND close defense.

Good to get back to the FF, we've got a lot to look forward to next year. here's to hoping we find a lefty finisher.

OTOH, the UVA/Duke game made up for the lack of excitement in our game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2010 11:13PM by ben03.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 29, 2010 10:47PM

ben03

Good to get back to the FF, we've got a lot to look forward to next year. here's to hoping we find a lefty finisher.

I'm hoping Lang (who's a lefty) can step up his game. He got the first goal today, but had little impact thereafter.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 30, 2010 12:01AM

That sucked. More tomorrow, but not much that everyone else hasn't already said.

Date: May 30, 2010 12:34AM

scoop85
ben03

I'm hoping Lang (who's a lefty) can step up his game. He got the first goal today, but had little impact thereafter.

exactly ... he's not a finisher. we're going to need a pure goal scorer a la Hurley, Greenhalgh, Pittard etc ... a catch and shoot attacker.

Re: Cornell vs. Notre Dame - postgame
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 30, 2010 01:53AM

A week ago against Army we played a game that could have beaten any team in the country. Against Notre Dame we played another of the underwhelming games we had too many of this year (such as against Brown). It felt as if we didn't play with emotion or intensity and certainly not with consistency. As against Dartmouth, we ran into a hot goalie. And something didn't click in the way we attacked ND's defense. I also thought, even being behind at halftime, that we'd catch fire in the third quarter, spurt past ND, and hold on the in fourth quarter. Then hope for Duke to take down Virginia because I think Virginia is the more dangerous team.

Rob Pannell seemed off at times. We took a lot of shots and got unlucky on too many of them. We lost more than our share of errant passes and took more penalties than usual.

The Duke-Virginia game was sensational and unless ND does something miraculous Monday (such as win), Saturday night's game will be described by the Lax Starts South of the Mason-Dixon Line cabal as the real title game, and they'd probably be right. Plus the weather was sensational - balmy, mid 70s, none of the daytime humidity we had. Virginia made the comeback we failed to make in game one. And then lost it on one of the bone-headed plays of all time - eight seconds to play, coming out of a timeout, Virginia in possession in its own end near midfield and down by one, one of the three players (plus goalie) back legs it across midfield rather than passes, which of course puts them offside, and thus ends the game.

But okay, did anyone think we'd be in the final four? I thought it would be a nice season to beat Princeton, lose to one other Ivy team, tie for the title, still make the NCAAs, and maybe advance beyond the first round. This was an incredible treat that Cornell got as far as it did. I guess we fans got greedy and expected we'd go all the way once we say the path: Army then Notre Dame. It would be nice to declare a mulligan and replay the ND game, as Princeton probably wishes it could have against ND, and Syracuse wishes it could have against Army, and etcetera. Notre Dame lacrosse truly was our Bemidji State.

Good luck, Irish.

I'm looking ahead to 2011 already.

Date: May 30, 2010 10:14AM

Apologies if this sounds like sour grapes, but:

Why didn't the officials start giving ND the stall warning sooner? It was obvious that they were content to sit around and waste time as early as the second quarter.

Date: May 30, 2010 01:22PM

Josh '99

Why didn't the officials start giving ND the stall warning sooner? It was obvious that they were content to sit around and waste time as early as the second quarter.

i was saying the same thing ... but then i started paying attention to the style of play that preceded the stall call. first, we were blatantly slowing down the pace, not attacking the goal and consistently taking the ball to X. ND OTOH, was actually moving toward goal and making "attacking" moves from in front of the goal. they were also much better at keeping the ball in and out of the box while in front of the goal - which makes it harder for the refs to implement a justified stall call. it appeared the they were used to this and almost seemed knowledgeable of how to keep the stall from being called, whereas we were not. these were the differences i could discern ... to further bolster this observation when ND started to actually stall and the refs began to get it on them as soon as they could.

IMHO, the refs in both games were about as good as you could ask for ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2010 01:26PM by ben03.

Date: May 30, 2010 01:59PM

ben03
Josh '99

i was saying the same thing ... but then i started paying attention to the style of play that preceded the stall call. first, we were blatantly slowing down the pace, not attacking the goal and consistently taking the ball to X. ND OTOH, was actually moving toward goal and making "attacking" moves from in front of the goal. they were also much better at keeping the ball in and out of the box while in front of the goal - which makes it harder for the refs to implement a justified stall call. it appeared the they were used to this and almost seemed knowledgeable of how to keep the stall from being called, whereas we were not. these were the differences i could discern ... to further bolster this observation when ND started to actually stall and the refs began to get it on them as soon as they could.

I agree with this. ND did a great job of half-stalling. They weren't in a four-corners offense, they were patiently picking their spots - with the advantage of having patience help them both set up good shots and run clock. They always looked to be trying for position but didn't try to force anything because... with the lead, why would they?

I think Cornell played a very good first half an offense but ran into a brick wall in Scott Rodgers. He stopped shots that he had no business stopping and all of Cornell's passing and close-in shooting did them almost no good. Meanwhile, on the other side of the field, Fiore was almost invisible and the defense wasn't leaning on anyone and kept leaving wide open shooting lanes.

In the second half, the offense fell apart. Pannell and Hurley borrowed Fiore's invisibility cloak. It was like the whole team was waiting for someone else to step up. Mock was the only player who really looked like he gave a shit; everyone else looked like they came out of the locker room defeated. And then, in the fourth quarter, the defense fell apart again also. In garbage time, with the game essentially decided, the Irish decided to really make a statement and stretch their lead.

Hurley's goal with ~30 seconds left was almost embarrassing. Notre Dame couldn't have cared less about stopping it. It was like they were saying "You want a goal? Fine. We've got to save something for tomorrow. Enjoy improving your statistics."

I didn't get to watch Duke - UVA (I didn't even watch us until 10PM last night) but I will say this: the two teams playing the best lacrosse right now are meeting in the finals. Notre Dame didn't just win three games, they dominated three straight teams that were supposed to be better than them. Duke comes in after two blowout wins and a close win against the "best" team in the country. That's how a final should be set up.

On the other hand, a game between Duke and Notre Dame is almost like having BP play Enron. Still, good luck to two teams that are playing their asses off at the right time. But especially good luck to Notre Dame because they aren't Duke.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: May 30, 2010 09:37PM

ugarte
ben03
Josh '99

I agree with this. ND did a great job of half-stalling. They weren't in a four-corners offense, they were patiently picking their spots - with the advantage of having patience help them both set up good shots and run clock. They always looked to be trying for position but didn't try to force anything because... with the lead, why would they?

I think Cornell played a very good first half an offense but ran into a brick wall in Scott Rodgers. He stopped shots that he had no business stopping and all of Cornell's passing and close-in shooting did them almost no good. Meanwhile, on the other side of the field, Fiore was almost invisible and the defense wasn't leaning on anyone and kept leaving wide open shooting lanes.

In the second half, the offense fell apart. Pannell and Hurley borrowed Fiore's invisibility cloak. It was like the whole team was waiting for someone else to step up. Mock was the only player who really looked like he gave a shit; everyone else looked like they came out of the locker room defeated. And then, in the fourth quarter, the defense fell apart again also. In garbage time, with the game essentially decided, the Irish decided to really make a statement and stretch their lead.

Hurley's goal with ~30 seconds left was almost embarrassing. Notre Dame couldn't have cared less about stopping it. It was like they were saying "You want a goal? Fine. We've got to save something for tomorrow. Enjoy improving your statistics."

I didn't get to watch Duke - UVA (I didn't even watch us until 10PM last night) but I will say this: the two teams playing the best lacrosse right now are meeting in the finals. Notre Dame didn't just win three games, they dominated three straight teams that were supposed to be better than them. Duke comes in after two blowout wins and a close win against the "best" team in the country. That's how a final should be set up.

On the other hand, a game between Duke and Notre Dame is almost like having BP play Enron. Still, good luck to two teams that are playing their asses off at the right time. But especially good luck to Notre Dame because they aren't Duke.

I agree with most of what everyone has said. Certainly, I'm going to have to hold my nose and root for ND tomorrow. Maybe if ND joins the Big 10 we won't have the far more obnoxious Big East much longer.

Here are two more points. (1) Young teams and inconsistency go together. Even if we do no better next season, we have every right to expect to see the same team on the field week after week. (2) We don't have the kind of dodgers or midfield scoring threats to keep the ND defense from packing the front of the goal. Rodgers was a beast, and except for our early spurt, ND's defense kept our offense at bay. Our offense doesn't match up well with their defense. On the other hand, our defense seemed reticent to play the body. Even when we double-teamed their dodgers, we used sticks instead of bodies, and their players just ran through us. Perhaps this is because our defense is rather small, as the TV announcers pointed out.

My two wishes for next year is that we get the midfield more involved in scoring and that at the defensive end we start clocking more players in close, rather than just at the midfield.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: May 31, 2010 12:08AM

Swampy hit my points. Our shot selection and impatience on attack reflected the youth of our team. And our inconsistent mid-field (certainly as compared to last year) let Notre Dame pack in around their goalie.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 31, 2010 08:45AM

The bottom line for me is that this years team played above expectations. The team is young and showed flashes of what we hope will come and predictable stumbles.

We got lucky making it to the semi's. If Army had not caught lighting in a bottle and beat Syracuse our season would have probably ended being ground up in the Orange machine and we would have said it was a successful season given the teams youth.

I agree with others that our midfield play needs to become more of a threat on attack. I do however, like our ground ball performance over the last few weeks. We also put a lot of shots on Rogers body instead of at his feet or the pipes.

Posted by: jaybert (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 31, 2010 05:00PM

i know nothing about lacrosse, but am watching the ND/Duke game. from what i can gather, ND's goalie is a beast.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 31, 2010 05:28PM

5-4 ND with 10:20 left. Crotty having same problems breaking through the ND defense that Pannell did.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: May 31, 2010 07:32PM

Duke won 6-5 in OT (lowest-scoring title game in history) scoring the winning goal 5 seconds into OT.

Posted by: semsox (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: May 31, 2010 09:26PM

Steve Mock was named to the All-Tournament team. Nice recognition for the effort he had in all 3 games.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: June 01, 2010 10:07PM

For those who want to look favorably to next year, a Post-Standard article by one of it's lacrosse reporters on our young team.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: June 02, 2010 03:58AM

Jim Hyla
For those who want to look favorably to next year, a Post-Standard article by one of it's lacrosse reporters on our young team.

Thanks, Jim. That was encouraging.

Wait till next year!

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 02, 2010 11:39AM

Jim Hyla

Post-Standard article
Derkac recounted how the team started fall ball by getting beaten badly by Bucknell but bounced back and refused to believe it was destined for mediocrity.

What's up with using the word "mediocrity" to describe our teams? Cornell fans are spoiled.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2010 11:40AM by ajh258.

Date: June 02, 2010 08:23PM

ajh258
Jim Hyla

Post-Standard article
Derkac recounted how the team started fall ball by getting beaten badly by Bucknell but bounced back and refused to believe it was destined for mediocrity.

What's up with using the word "mediocrity" to describe our teams? Cornell fans are spoiled.
If losing to Bucknell was actually a bellwether for the season, I'd say mediocrity would have been an earned description.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login