Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Zero productivity week for Cornell fans

Posted by billhoward 
Zero productivity week for Cornell fans
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2010 02:13PM

Been glued to eLynah the last week like a day trader to his four-screen PC. No socially redeeming work being done. Too much time spent following Samantha Ryan / Ashley Judd links, googling for Cornell basketball columns online, checking snippy Kentucky fan sites (a redundancy), breaking away for the Stony Brook lax audiocast, making plans for Albany and maybe Syracuse. I was so annoyed Saturday that the women's hockey and men's basketball games ran into each other although it meant less total time spent. Nice time to be a Cornell sports fan. Andy, we love you (this is a revocable expression of affection).

Re: Zero productivity week for Cornell fans
Posted by: sockralex (170.202.22.---)
Date: March 24, 2010 02:21PM

cheer

I can't believe it took me 9 minutes to reply to this post. I must have accidently done work in between.

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: March 24, 2010 02:25PM

billhoward
Been glued to eLynah the last week like a day trader to his four-screen PC. No socially redeeming work being done. Too much time spent following Samantha Ryan / Ashley Judd links, googling for Cornell basketball columns online, checking snippy Kentucky fan sites (a redundancy), breaking away for the Stony Brook lax audiocast, making plans for Albany and maybe Syracuse. I was so annoyed Saturday that the women's hockey and men's basketball games ran into each other although it meant less total time spent. Nice time to be a Cornell sports fan. Andy, we love you (this is a revocable expression of affection).

You're not helping... help

Posted by: amerks127 (---.dsl1-field.roch.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 24, 2010 02:57PM

Thank god students are on spring break! Not that we do work anyway...drunk

Posted by: MSE09 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 24, 2010 03:21PM

Just found this on the interwebs for your procrastination enjoyment. Ryan Wittman is apparently the educated man's Chuck Norris.

RyanWittmanFacts.com

Posted by: KenP (---.ssmcnet.noaa.gov)
Date: March 24, 2010 03:28PM

In case you thought about working... I just started a UNH thread...

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 24, 2010 03:35PM

MSE09
Just found this on the interwebs for your procrastination enjoyment. Ryan Wittman is apparently the educated man's Chuck Norris.

RyanWittmanFacts.com

I especially love the obscure "White Men Can't Jump" reference.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 24, 2010 03:42PM

MSE09

RyanWittmanFacts.com
Responding to this should occupy me until my 4PM meeting.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: March 24, 2010 03:55PM

Agreed, Bill. The pace of posts this week has been insane.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 24, 2010 04:00PM

ugarte
MSE09

RyanWittmanFacts.com
Responding to this should occupy me until my 4PM meeting.
Feel free to add your own by tweeting @wittmanfacts or #ryanwittmanfacts. Two of mine have been added to the canon. [twitter.com]

Date: March 24, 2010 04:03PM

Jordan 04
Agreed, Bill. The pace of posts this week has been insane.
And I just scored a ticket to Thursday's hoops game in addition to Friday-Saturday for hockey. Gonna be a short work week. In theory, a writer can write anywhere. As well as waste time anywhere. Like last week when I had a chance to stay an extra day in Europe to see the Lamborghini museum and then go for a ride led by one of factory test drivers, thus missing the Cornell-Brown game.

I can't believe I sucked eight people into wasting time on this thread. Nine if count myself twice. But what a week!

Date: March 24, 2010 04:06PM

I forgot this time waster: Should have added "samantha ryan kansas" and "ashley judd kentucky" to my Google alerts. Or "samantha ryan kansas skank" to see only the Kentucky-side posts. Well, she looked sort of wholesome in her Five Reasons video.

Posted by: Willy '06 (38.98.164.---)
Date: March 24, 2010 06:12PM

I actually got a lot done this week. Last week was far less productive for me.

True story: I wrote a Labor Economics paper on the effect of deer hunting season on unemployment rates in New York State. Found a very small, statistically significant effect. Maybe I should do a followup paper on Cornell fan productivity... nah, I'd rather watch the game.

Posted by: Chris H82 (---.boeing.com)
Date: March 25, 2010 01:35PM

What's been really weird this week is to walk around work and be "in the mix" of conversations about the hoops tournament....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login