Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell game time

Posted by upprdeck 
Cornell game time
Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2010 09:56PM

12:30 friday.. better get some place to watch it and then get to the hockey game.

Re: Cornell game time
Posted by: jaybert (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 14, 2010 10:12PM

thanks for the info...that sucks though.

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 14, 2010 10:16PM

Anyone here going?, I am going, despite the tough matchup probably the best chance they will have of winning a game for awhile
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2010 10:16PM by phillysportsfan.

Posted by: HeafDog (207.237.253.---)
Date: March 14, 2010 11:58PM

phillysportsfan
Anyone here going?, I am going, despite the tough matchup probably the best chance they will have of winning a game for awhile

i was thinking of making the drive from nyc (heading down on thursday, i guess), but it's such a hike that at the moment i'm probably not gonna do it. i would only do it if there were, say, three other people to make the drive down with me, but man, 17 hours? each way? i think i'm probably gonna have to pass, and instead pray that i can see them in person in syracuse.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2010 12:07AM

There should at least be an Albany get together. A fair number of us might be able to get into town early.

Posted by: Robin (134.174.110.---)
Date: March 15, 2010 01:11AM

Elliot and I will probably try to get to Albany in time for the game. Where's a good place to catch the game? Jillians? Actually, where did people watch it last year?

Robin

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2010 01:38AM

Robin
Elliot and I will probably try to get to Albany in time for the game. Where's a good place to catch the game? Jillians? Actually, where did people watch it last year?

Bayou Cafe on Pearl St. They did a pretty good job of accommodating us last year, as they put the game on the big screen and pretty much gave us the middle room, and it was a mid-afternoon game, IIRC. If we let them know we're coming ahead of time, it would probably be best so they aren't blind-sided and short-staffed.

Otherwise, Jillian's is huge and tv's are everywhere.

Date: March 15, 2010 07:44AM

RichH
Robin

Bayou Cafe on Pearl St. They did a pretty good job of accommodating us last year, as they put the game on the big screen and pretty much gave us the middle room, and it was a mid-afternoon game, IIRC. If we let them know we're coming ahead of time, it would probably be best so they aren't blind-sided and short-staffed.

Good food, good service. We aren't on opposite Siena or something like that, I hope?

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 15, 2010 07:58AM

Trotsky
RichH
Robin

Good food, good service. We aren't on opposite Siena or something like that, I hope?

Siena is at 2:30 on Friday.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2010 08:49AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
RichH
Robin

Siena is at 2:30 on Friday.
Other early games on Friday are West Virginia-Morgan State and Xavier-Minnesota.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 15, 2010 12:22PM

Trotsky
RichH
Robin

Good food, good service.

Agreed, and I'm going to do my best to be in town in time to watch it with the gang.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jputterman24 (---.putnaminv.com)
Date: March 15, 2010 12:29PM

coming from boston, planning to get there in time for the tip. is Bayou the place?

Date: March 15, 2010 05:16PM

Beeeej
Agreed, and I'm going to do my best to be in town in time to watch it with the gang.

Just plead guilty and grab your hat.

Date: March 16, 2010 03:22PM

For anyone going to Jacksonville, there will be a chance to meet the team and Donahue at 7:15pm this Friday at the River City Brewing Company, free food and drink

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2010 03:25PM by phillysportsfan.

Posted by: jputterman24 (---.c3-0.bkl-ubr2.sbo-bkl.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 16, 2010 09:58PM

Looks like the Cornell Club is directing people to Jillians in Albany to watch the basketball game before hockey:
[ccgcd.alumni.cornell.edu]

Date: March 17, 2010 01:39AM

The basketball blog has a good list of all the alumni groups throughout the country and where they are meeting up for the game, pretty impressive list
[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Willy '06 (38.98.164.---)
Date: March 17, 2010 09:30AM

phillysportsfan
The Cornell Alumni website has a good list of all the alumni groups throughout the country and where they are meeting up for the game, pretty impressive list
[www.alumni.cornell.edu]

FYP

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 17, 2010 09:39AM

Has anyone heard if WCBS-TV in New York is showing our game as their primary game in that slot? We're against West Virginia, and NYC is a Big East market, but geographically, Cornell and Temple are two of the closest teams in the tournament.

wcbstv.com still lists the Friday slots as "Teams TBA," whereas they already have games listed for Thursday.

If anyone knows anything, please post... I'll do the same. This is relevant to those of us who have work commitments and may have to watch the game by sneaking into the break room a few times.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 17, 2010 10:28AM

Greenberg '97
Has anyone heard if WCBS-TV in New York is showing our game as their primary game in that slot? We're against West Virginia, and NYC is a Big East market, but geographically, Cornell and Temple are two of the closest teams in the tournament.

wcbstv.com still lists the Friday slots as "Teams TBA," whereas they already have games listed for Thursday.

If anyone knows anything, please post... I'll do the same. This is relevant to those of us who have work commitments and may have to watch the game by sneaking into the break room a few times.
It should be streaming live on CBSsports.com, so if you can watch at your desk while taking care of your work commitments you're set.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nyc.gov)
Date: March 17, 2010 10:50AM

ugarte
It should be streaming live on CBSsports.com, so if you can watch at your desk while taking care of your work commitments you're set.

I've thought about that and have done that in years past, but the network has since been overhauled and many more sites are being blocked. I mean, what makes them so sure I'm not visiting facebook and xmradio for work purposes? Plus I don't have admin rights, so if it needs me to install software it's not happening.

And despite all the posting I do here in March (and lurking the other 11 months), a good part of my job puts me nowhere near a computer.

Why anyone would care about my problems is beyond me.[/sob story]

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nyc.gov)
Date: March 17, 2010 11:58AM

The DirecTV directory for WCBS-NY now shows Cornell-Temple in the 12:30 slot on Friday. Sorry to all the transplanted Gopher fans out there.

Posted by: Swampy (131.128.163.---)
Date: March 19, 2010 04:30PM

ugarte
Greenberg '97

Try http://www.ncaa.com/. You can get all the games in regular or HD.

Think about it. Thanks to this, lots more people showed up for work the past two days. This is much better for the economy than everyone calling in sick, as was the case back in the day. woot

Posted by: ehp1459 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2010 11:41PM

I'll be watching at a bar in Milwaukee. Death wish? perhaps...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login