Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell-Virginia lax

Posted by Al DeFlorio 
Cornell-Virginia lax
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2010 12:08PM

First two Cornell shots right into Ghitelmann's stick. 3-0 Virginia early.

Re: Cornell-Virginia lax
Date: March 13, 2010 12:19PM

Langton makes it 3-1; Lang keeps losing the ball at the end of Cornell clears

Date: March 13, 2010 12:29PM

4-1 Virginia after one. Cornell hurt by shaky shot selection and turnovers.

Now 5-1

Three forced Pannell passes lead to turnovers

6-1 Shamel on target today, unlike at Foxboro; Cornell offense out of synch; Pannell trying to force things; two close chances missed...Pannell off cross-bar and Ritchie saved by Ghitelmann; Virginia moving ball on offense much better than in Foxboro, and Cornell is too aggressive with slides, giving UVa space on the off-side.

Another blocked Pannell pass gives UVa the ball with less than a minute in the half; Cornell can't get the ball into the cease area; not only have there been no assisted goals, I don't recall even one assisted shot on goal

Two unsettled situation goals sandwiched around a Pannell wraparound make it 8-2

10-2; just not competitive today

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 01:16PM by Al DeFlorio.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2010 01:11PM

Seeing Virginia's strength and our early season issues makes the NCAA loss to Syracuse all the more painful because we realize the chances won't come every year.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2010 01:16PM

10-2 UVA. We're playing gamely, but not in their class this year.

Date: March 13, 2010 01:21PM

Hurley stopped at doorstep; Ghittelman playing well for UVA

Date: March 13, 2010 01:23PM

10-2 UVA at end of 3; we look rather impotent on offense.

Date: March 13, 2010 01:32PM

Small rays of light: Shut down Virginia's EMO. Dunb Cornell mistakes on offense that seem correctable.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 13, 2010 01:36PM

billhoward
Seeing Virginia's strength and our early season issues makes the NCAA loss to Syracuse all the more painful because we realize the chances won't come every year.

I was just thinking the same thing. (As if that game wasn't painful enough.)

Date: March 13, 2010 01:37PM

Team gets a week to regroup before meeting Yale. Then Stony Brook, Penn, and Dartmouth before Harvard comes to town. Still time to get the offense in synch.

Date: March 13, 2010 01:41PM

Al DeFlorio
Team gets a week to regroup before meeting Yale. Then Stony Brook, Penn, and Dartmouth before Harvard comes to town. Still time to get the offense in synch.

I think the D and Fiore have been pretty good. We're just not getting any breathing space in the offensive end. UVA's D has been really physical -- far superior to their sieve-like effort last season.

While hard to take this type of loss, we still have a lot of season left to improve.

Date: March 13, 2010 01:42PM

28-20 Virginia in ground balls...that didn't help

Just couldn't get good looks; too many poorly-chosen shots leading to easy saves and the ball going the other way

Date: March 13, 2010 01:45PM

scoop85
I think the D and Fiore have been pretty good. We're just not getting any breathing space in the offensive end. UVA's D has been really physical -- far superior to their sieve-like effort last season.

While hard to take this type of loss, we still have a lot of season left to improve.
I agree. D chased too much in the first period giving open looks--and then got us in a deep hole--but since then has done OK given how poorly we've controlled the ball on O and the number of transition opportunities given to Virginia.

Date: March 13, 2010 01:49PM

Al DeFlorio
scoop85

I agree. D chased too much in the first period giving open looks--and then got us in a deep hole--but since then has done OK given how poorly we've controlled the ball on O and the number of transition opportunities given to Virginia.

12-4 final. I didn't see the first quarter, so I'm glad we at least improved defensively as the game progressed.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2010 01:52PM

Wrong, Barry. Virginia did NOT avenge last year's loss. We ENDED THEIR FREAKIN SEASON!!! In front of a crowd of 45,000 people. On national TV.

Unlike the 09 Virginia team, we WILL play again next week.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 03:15PM by TimV.

Date: March 13, 2010 01:58PM

TimV
Wrong, Jason. Virginia did NOT avenge last year's loss. We ENDED THEIR FREAKIN SEASON!!! In front of a crowd of 45,000 people, On national TV.

WE will play again next week.

True -- different lineups, different circumstances (and I'm sure you meant Barry)

Date: March 13, 2010 03:11PM

Right. Barry Leonard. He just pissed me off cuz he said it 3 times. UVa owned us today, no question, But I'll give up a subsequent game every year in exchange for a win in an elimination tournament.

Date: March 13, 2010 04:00PM

The victor not the vanquished decides if it's sweet revenge. We're splitting hairs if we say, "Sorry, Cavaliers, it can't be revenge unless it's the NCAA touranment, semifinal round or later, otherwise it doesn't count 'cuz we just made ourselves invisible." Virginia reloaded. Virginia kicked our butts today. What else do they have to do, ravage the freshmen women and set fire to the Big Red Barn? Barry Leonard is entitled to his opinion, especially since he generally is sparing with cliches.

Let's channel this into positive feelings about the continued inadequacies of the Harvard hockey team. Teams, actually. Thank you, Harvard women, for being such good hosts. It's still a pretty good weekend.

Date: March 13, 2010 04:26PM

billhoward
The victor not the vanquished decides if it's sweet revenge.

At least some of "the victors" get my point. Even if you disagree.

billhoward
We're splitting hairs if we say, "Sorry, Cavaliers, it can't be revenge unless it's the NCAA touranment, semifinal round or later, otherwise it doesn't count 'cuz we just made ourselves invisible."

Not hair splitting at all. One game puts you in position to win it all and sends the other home till February. The other lets you go into your next game with a clearer idea of what's necessary to be successful again.

billhoward
Barry Leonard is entitled to his opinion,

Never said he isn't. Just expressing mine. As you expressed yours, only you want to change the subject:

billhoward
Let's channel this into positive feelings about the continued inadequacies of the Harvard hockey team.

No, Bill. 11,194 views of 447 posts should have adequately covered that. This a lacrosse thread.deadhorse

Posted by: YankeeLobo (---.hsd1.nm.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2010 04:42PM

Ouch! UVA smoked us on our home field? This lax team shouldn't be ranked top 10. They don't have any good standout players, especially on offense. Princeton will crush us this year in the league.

Date: March 13, 2010 04:44PM

TimV
Wrong, Barry. Virginia did NOT avenge last year's loss. We ENDED THEIR FREAKIN SEASON!!! In front of a crowd of 45,000 people. On national TV.

Unlike the 09 Virginia team, we WILL play again next week.

Yeah, except UVA will be back in the final 4 this year whereas Cornell can hope to get there once every 6-8 years

Date: March 13, 2010 04:50PM

Looks like we've got a first-class whiner here.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 13, 2010 04:57PM

Al DeFlorio

An equal-opportunity Cornell basher; does not limit himself to basketball.

Date: March 13, 2010 05:03PM

Jordan 04
Al DeFlorio

You got it. Just acknowleding an embarassing performance by the lax team on their home field :)

BTW Jordan, I haven't bashed Cornell since they lost to Penn, which probably cost them 3 seed slots and a tournament win.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 05:11PM by YankeeLobo.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2010 05:13PM

YankeeLobo
Ouch! UVA smoked us on our home field? This lax team shouldn't be ranked top 10. They don't have any good standout players, especially on offense. Princeton will crush us this year in the league.

You sir, are being an asshole. Hurley and Pannell are both very good standout players that any team in the nation would be happy to have. Your first 3 sentences may be true, but what you said afterwards are just proof that you're nothing but a troll here. Go away if that's your stance. Dick.

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 13, 2010 05:41PM

Lobo, did you watch the game? or are you just hear to bash them after reading a boxscore

Complain all you want Lobo because everytime you go cray whining good things happen, i.e. Cornell wins out after losing to Penn. Bottom line is if Cornell didnt lose to Penn they might not be in the tournament right now, best thing that could have happened to this team. They would have brought that complacent play to Princeton and probably would have lost.

Also speaking of choking what happened to your Lobos the other night, losing to SDSU and barely squeaking by Air Force the night before. I would say they also dont deserve to be ranked top 10
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 05:43PM by phillysportsfan.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 13, 2010 06:49PM

billhoward
The victor not the vanquished decides if it's sweet revenge. We're splitting hairs if we say, "Sorry, Cavaliers, it can't be revenge unless it's the NCAA touranment, semifinal round or later, otherwise it doesn't count 'cuz we just made ourselves invisible." Virginia reloaded. Virginia kicked our butts today. What else do they have to do, ravage the freshmen women and set fire to the Big Red Barn? Barry Leonard is entitled to his opinion, especially since he generally is sparing with cliches.

Let's channel this into positive feelings about the continued inadequacies of the Harvard hockey team. Teams, actually. Thank you, Harvard women, for being such good hosts. It's still a pretty good weekend.

I have to agree with Bill here. Last spring, before anyone knew how good Syracuse's basketball team would be with transfer Wes Johnson, I was already looking forward to revenge at the hands of Wittman, Dale, Foote, and company. Alas, it was not to be, but there's more pain in being upset and blowing a lead with a minute to play.cry

Date: March 13, 2010 09:36PM

phillysportsfan
Lobo, did you watch the game? or are you just hear to bash them after reading a boxscore

Complain all you want Lobo because everytime you go cray whining good things happen, i.e. Cornell wins out after losing to Penn. Bottom line is if Cornell didnt lose to Penn they might not be in the tournament right now, best thing that could have happened to this team. They would have brought that complacent play to Princeton and probably would have lost.

Also speaking of choking what happened to your Lobos the other night, losing to SDSU and barely squeaking by Air Force the night before. I would say they also dont deserve to be ranked top 10

I'm fine with the Lobos loss to SDSU. It doesn't hurt their seeding, they were probably a 3 seed no matter what happened in their tournament. They were down 11-0 to begin the game, only to take a 1 pt lead at halftime, and then down by 7 with 4 minutes left, and got a shot to win the game at the buzzer, against a team with an RPI of 25. That's what you call a "good" loss.

I agree with you, they don't deserve to be ranked in the top 10, but their RPI is still above 10. Only the tournament will tell how good they really are.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2010 01:01AM

Jordan 04
Al DeFlorio

I concur. Lobo is reaching troll status. Best not to feed him.

Date: March 14, 2010 12:08PM

Hofstra 14, Hopkins 6 last night; nice

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login