Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

cornell gets killed by penn 79-64

Posted by phillysportsfan 
cornell gets killed by penn 79-64
Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 12, 2010 09:07PM

I guess they were reading too much about their ranking, they have not played well since they beat Harvard. Well now they wont have to worry about their ranking and will be lucky to get a 12/13 seed at this point if we win out which wont happen if they play like they did tonight

Cornell actually shot pretty well but had too many turnovers, it looked like Penn had a few extra players. Plus our defense was poor and really has been the last 2 games. They had no answer for Rosen. Penn players were dunking against Foote. Penn just outplayed them in every phase of the game.

They better beat Princeton tomorrow or this season is going to be a major disappointment
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2010 09:10PM by phillysportsfan.

Re: cornell gets killed by penn 79-64
Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: February 12, 2010 09:12PM

Thank god. A bit of a reality check is a good thing. Being ranked was nice, but I would rather not be in the long run.

Date: February 12, 2010 09:17PM

I agree this team needed a wake up call but to lose to Penn of all teams, a bottom 50 DI team. Now all we are going to hear about is how the killer P's are back.

Posted by: YankeeLobo (---.hsd1.nm.comcast.net)
Date: February 12, 2010 09:48PM

What a pathetic performance by this Cornell team tonight. They should be ashamed of themselves for not showing up to play and getting manhandled by a very inferior team. They embarassed the program, athletic department and entire school tonight. What should have easily been a sustained run to the tournament now looks more like a total collapse if we don't beat Princeton tomorrow night, which FYI won't be easy in their house. Goodbye national media attention, goodbye respect, goodbye Davidson comparisons (LOL!) and perhaps goodbye NCAA tournament.

Utterly disappointing...I'm embarassed to call myself a Cornell fan tonight. Oh well, at least my Lobos are legit.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2010 09:50PM by YankeeLobo.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 12, 2010 09:53PM

YankeeLobo
What a pathetic performance by this Cornell team tonight. They should be ashamed of themselves for not showing up to play and getting manhandled by a very inferior team. They embarassed the program, athletic department and entire school tonight. What should have easily been a sustained run to the tournament now looks more like a total collapse if we don't beat Princeton tomorrow night, which FYI won't be easy in their house. Goodbye national media attention, goodbye respect, goodbye Davidson comparisons (LOL!) and perhaps goodbye NCAA tournament.

Utterly disappointing...I'm embarassed to call myself a Cornell fan tonight. Oh well, at least my Lobos are legit.

At least it's good that we're not overreacting.

Date: February 12, 2010 09:58PM

Jordan 04
YankeeLobo

I think a loss that puts us potentially out of the tournament field in a year where we were talking about an Elite 8 run (way out of line) calls for an overreaction.

Posted by: toddlose (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 12, 2010 09:59PM

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting used to (or even expecting) the disappointments year in and year out in, at least what seems like, EVERY sport? Especially when it feels like we are so close to obtaining something great.bang

Date: February 12, 2010 10:01PM

toddlose
Is it just me, or is anyone else getting used to (or even expecting) the disappointments year in and year out in, at least what seems like, EVERY sport? Especially when it feels like we are so close to obtaining something great.bang

It's called 'Ivy League Athletics'

Date: February 12, 2010 10:08PM

toddlose

Yeah it reminds me of being a Philadelphia sports fan until 2 years ago when the Phillies finally broke through.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 12, 2010 10:23PM

YankeeLobo
Jordan 04
YankeeLobo

I think a loss that puts us potentially out of the tournament field in a year where we were talking about an Elite 8 run (way out of line) calls for an overreaction.
If you were talking about an Elite 8 run you were insane to begin with. I called for a reality check upthread already. Cornell is a good team. They would not currently be in first place in the Pac 10 if they played in the Pac 10, but that's what their ranking - and the implication that Cornell was Syracuse's best OOC win - indicated. Cornell lost THREE Ivy games last year, including a reality-check blowout at Princeton to break the long win streak.

This game is not indicative of the quality of the team and probably a necessary corrective for both the national media and the locker room. I expect that tomorrow the team will get their heads straight and resume course for the Ivy League title.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 12, 2010 10:30PM

ugarte
YankeeLobo
Jordan 04
YankeeLobo

If you were talking about an Elite 8 run you were insane to begin with. I called for a reality check upthread already. Cornell is a good team. They would not currently be in first place in the Pac 10 if they played in the Pac 10, but that's what their ranking - and the implication that Cornell was Syracuse's best OOC win - indicated. Cornell lost THREE Ivy games last year, including a reality-check blowout at Princeton to break the long win streak.

This game is not indicative of the quality of the team and probably a necessary corrective for both the national media and the locker room. I expect that tomorrow the team will get their heads straight and resume course for the Ivy League title.

I'd like to share your optimism, but beating Princeton in their gym will be a tall order, especially with a bit of shaken confidence.

Date: February 12, 2010 10:58PM

Well get ready to hear from the media about how the Killer P's are back, we better win tomorrow
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2010 10:59PM by phillysportsfan.

Date: February 12, 2010 11:00PM

scoop85
ugarte
YankeeLobo
Jordan 04
YankeeLobo

I'd like to share your optimism, but beating Princeton in their gym will be a tall order, especially with a bit of shaken confidence.

I've got to imagine that it takes more than a league road loss to shake this experienced team's confidence. Not to say tomorrow night will be a cakewalk, but there's no reason to believe we can't go in there and win.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 12, 2010 11:16PM

YankeeLobo

Well, I guess if this is where you're coming from:
YankeeLobo
I expect this team to sweep the Ivy League schedule pretty easily.
, then I can understand your anger. However, if you'd tried and come down to earth sooner you might not have fallen from so high, with such a force.

Look, it's hard to beat a team when they shoot 65%, 75% 3pt, in the second half. We expect that we might have shooting like that, not our opponent. Now, getting out-rebounded, that's a problem. It wasn't their night tonight, maybe all the talk about Penn's coaching situation got into their heads (of either team), maybe the stars weren't aligned, I'm sure I don't know. All I do know is that going undefeated in the league is very hard; so those that talk that way should re-look at their ideas. A season is a season and doesn't get determined by any one game, as good as Harvard was nor as bad as this was. We all learn over time, so this was a learning experience for all, team and fans.

If they go on to win the rest of the games, we'll say it's a great team; if they lose 3 and win the league we'll be OK; if they lose the league and because of this game go nowhere, we'll be pissed. That's the nature of sports and why it's fun to watch. Please in the future come down to earth sooner, it's easier on the body.thud

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 12, 2010 11:24PM

Did any of you see the game, or even listen to it? Any of you play a Division I sport? Penn was unbelievably hot tonight. Do you think the Cornell players liked losing to an "inferior" team? You all are whining. Suck it up and stand behind your team instead of dumping on them like fair weather fans.

Date: February 12, 2010 11:32PM

Yeah I watched the whole game. We played without any defensive intensity, when we were on offense it was as if Penn had 2 or 3 extra players. They really wanted this game more and out hustled us at every point.

What do you mean stand behind the team? I do stand behind this team, have been to every home game during the semester the last 3 years since I became a student here and gone to several away games. What are we supposed to do, be happy about them getting destroyed by Penn?

Date: February 13, 2010 02:45AM

they're going to get a terrible seed in the tournament unless they win out, in which case they may be able to salvage a 12 seed for the gaudy record (or NIT here we come!). bottom line is that this is as bad a loss as any i have ever seen for a ranked team this late in the season and the committee knows it. maybe the lower seed will be a blessing in disguise...

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 13, 2010 10:13AM

For godsakes, this is the Ivy league in basketball. We should be happy if they make the tournament period, not fretting over not getting a good enough of a seed. Get your expectations in check.

Date: February 13, 2010 10:20AM

DeltaOne81
For godsakes, this is the Ivy league in basketball. We should be happy if they make the tournament period, not fretting over not getting a good enough of a seed. Get your expectations in check.
This is too negative, a frustration built on decades of failure. This is a GOOD team, and we don't have to set our sights quite that low.

Date: February 13, 2010 10:24AM

Yeah the ESPN basketball experts are already calling this game the upset of the season. The sad part is they are showing part of our Thursday practice on ESPN gameday today at 11am. Kind of embarrassing that we had to lose last night to a 300+ RPI team.

Yeah Delaone81, this is a team that has gotten to the tournament the last 2 years, this is the year it is not to much to expect them to win a game.

Posted by: YankeeLobo (216.84.35.---)
Date: February 13, 2010 12:37PM

Cornell was already on the bubble RPI Wise at #48, before this loss. Not sure where this loss drops them, but undoubtedly they'll need to win the league to get in the tourney. will be an interesting few weeks leading up to selection sunday.

And I don't get fans trying to give this team a break. They were dominated by a team that had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to play for, when they are the team that has EVERYTHING to lose. They didn't play hard, CHOKED, and in doing so, frankly embarassed themselves in front of the national media. What's worse, they had been steadily declining in quality of play since the Harvard game, nearly losing to BROWN AT HOME! and Coach Donahue STILL couldn't get the team focused. They ignored the cardinal rule of sports: RESPECT YOUR OPPONENT. don't they teach that at Cornell or is the concept too simple for ivy league student athletes to understand?

Let's not ignore the facts: barring, in my mind, a tremendous recovery and winning at least one game in the tournament, this was probably a Program defining loss and it will cast a shadow over the Ivy League's reputation for a long time.

Let's hope they sack up tonight and play their hearts out, or it's practically over.
Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 01:04PM by YankeeLobo.

Date: February 13, 2010 12:51PM

Our RPI dropped to 65 but like you said it doesnt really matter now because they have to win the league to make the tournament otherwise NIT

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 13, 2010 01:45PM

How quickly some fans turn on a team that has a bad night. Cornell did not play well but Penn had sensational, 65%, second-half shooting.

Need to sweep Princeton, or hope someone else takes down Princeton as well as Cornell.

Date: February 13, 2010 03:03PM

YankeeLobo
Cornell was already on the bubble RPI Wise at #48, before this loss. Not sure where this loss drops them, but undoubtedly they'll need to win the league to get in the tourney. will be an interesting few weeks leading up to selection sunday.

And I don't get fans trying to give this team a break. They were dominated by a team that had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to play for, when they are the team that has EVERYTHING to lose. They didn't play hard, CHOKED, and in doing so, frankly embarassed themselves in front of the national media. What's worse, they had been steadily declining in quality of play since the Harvard game, nearly losing to BROWN AT HOME! and Coach Donahue STILL couldn't get the team focused. They ignored the cardinal rule of sports: RESPECT YOUR OPPONENT. don't they teach that at Cornell or is the concept too simple for ivy league student athletes to understand?

Let's not ignore the facts: barring, in my mind, a tremendous recovery and winning at least one game in the tournament, this was probably a Program defining loss and it will cast a shadow over the Ivy League's reputation for a long time.

Let's hope they sack up tonight and play their hearts out, or it's practically over.
All I can say is, wow. That, and that even with 5 edits, it could use another.=]

Posted by: YankeeLobo (---.dia.static.qwest.net)
Date: February 13, 2010 03:50PM

At least I give a sh*t. You, Jim Hyla, seem content to stand by and yawn while the best thing that's happened to Cornell athletics in many years suffers a complete collapse. That's your prerogative. I like hockey, but no one outside of Ithaca could give a sh*t about Cornell hockey. It's basketball that gets the school attention.

Posted by: semsox (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 13, 2010 03:55PM

YankeeLobo
At least I give a sh*t. You, Jim Hyla, seem content to stand by and yawn while the best thing that's happened to Cornell athletics in many years suffers a complete collapse. That's your prerogative. I like hockey, but no one outside of Ithaca could give a sh*t about Cornell hockey. It's basketball that gets the school attention.

Dude, chill out. Even though winning the Ivy is now the team's only way into the tournament, no one was planning on losing the Ivy. We'll still get an 11 or 12 seed and things will be all rosy. The best part of all this is going to be bumping this thread and all these quotes when Cornell makes a deeper run than your Lobos.

Posted by: YankeeLobo (---.dia.static.qwest.net)
Date: February 13, 2010 04:06PM

semsox
YankeeLobo

Dude, chill out. Even though winning the Ivy is now the team's only way into the tournament, no one was planning on losing the Ivy. We'll still get an 11 or 12 seed and things will be all rosy. The best part of all this is going to be bumping this thread and all these quotes when Cornell makes a deeper run than your Lobos.

I hope you're right about making the deep run...re: the Lobos, I'd give them more respect if I were you. Should Cornell and UNM meet in the tourney, I don't think Cornell would stand a chance. Cornell has 5 less athletes in their starting lineup than the Lobos. Ivy League basketball observers wouldn't know what a major D-1 'athlete' looks like.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 04:09PM by YankeeLobo.

Date: February 13, 2010 04:07PM

Its not panic time yet, tonight is a huge game though, if we win tonight we control our destiny and can finish strong. If we lose tonight then its panic time because we will have to deal with Harvard on Friday who wants to avenge their 36 point loss to us.

But this loss hurts because it was Penn, of all teams to lose to. Now all the Penn fans are saying the P's are back, they are so arrogant I hope we embarrass them when they play us on Feb 27

Date: February 13, 2010 04:25PM

YankeeLobo
semsox
YankeeLobo

I hope you're right about making the deep run...re: the Lobos, I'd give them more respect if I were you. Should Cornell and UNM meet in the tourney, I don't think Cornell would stand a chance. Cornell has 5 less athletes in their starting lineup than the Lobos. Ivy League basketball observers wouldn't know what a major D-1 'athlete' looks like.

YankeeLobo, now you just sound stupid, games in the tournament are not best of 3,5, or 7, it is one game, anything can happen, that is what is so great about the NCAA tournament

Kansas probably has better athletes on their whole squad than any of Cornell's starting 5 but we hung with them until the last 40 seconds.

Look at a team like George Mason a few years ago when they made their final 4 run, you think they had better athletes than the teams they beat, Georgetown, UConn, etc
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 04:27PM by phillysportsfan.

Date: February 13, 2010 05:59PM

YankeeLobo
Childish rage doesn't prove that you care more about Cornell sports. It proves that you care more about proving that you care more.

Date: February 13, 2010 06:48PM

Cornell up 24-21 at the half, Cornell has not made a 3, 0/2

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 13, 2010 07:02PM

phillysportsfan
With such poor 3-point shooting in the first half, maybe there's a pony in there somewhere?

Date: February 13, 2010 07:19PM

billhoward
phillysportsfan
With such poor 3-point shooting in the first half, maybe there's a pony in there somewhere?
Princeton is the best defensive team in the conference. They are obviously defending the perimeter tight if Cornell only took two threes in the first half. Wroblewski hit one in the second half.

Currently 30-30, ~11 to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 07:21PM by ugarte.

Date: February 13, 2010 07:29PM

32-32 7min left, a defensive struggle, neither team can score

Date: February 13, 2010 07:45PM

CU 44, PU 38, 1:05 to go

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 07:46PM by ugarte.

Cornell beats Princeton 48-45
Date: February 13, 2010 07:48PM

44-43, 25 seconds left, Cornell ball.

Dale to the free throw line for one and one.

45-43 ... 46-43. 22 seconds to go; Princeton time out.

Princeton misses, rebounds, is fouled. Two shots.

46-44 ... 46-45. Cornell inbounds... 10 seconds left... Cornell ball

Wittman to shoot one and one...

47-45 ... 48-45 8 seconds. timeout princeton.

Game. Whew. The ship has been righted and Cornell is back on top of the Ivy League.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 07:56PM by ugarte.

Date: February 13, 2010 08:04PM

that game was a heart attack but credit to Dale and Wittman for making the free throws at the end

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 13, 2010 08:40PM

ugarte
DeltaOne81
This is too negative, a frustration built on decades of failure. This is a GOOD team, and we don't have to set our sights quite that low.

I don't mean we should be thrilled that they make the tournament and that all. But we should be happy, a conference title is never a given. And how many team's go a whole season without a bad game? How many teams go a whole season without catching another team on a hot night and losing when on paper they should win?

On a realistic basis, the idea of a this team cruising without a bump and gliding into the tournament is highly unlikely, and for an Ivy team to do that would demand nothing short of perfection, and that's just not going to happen.

Now, assuming they get to the tournament, I do think its reasonable to feel they need to provide a better performance than the past two years. But however you slice it, they're going to be an underdog, and a win would be an upset, by definition that's something you can't just expect.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 08:41PM by DeltaOne81.

Date: February 14, 2010 11:45AM

No posts from Lobo about the game. I guess he only "gives a shit" when we lose?

Date: February 14, 2010 12:00PM

Lobo was probably too busy watching his Lobos almost lose to Utah in OT last night

Posted by: YankeeLobo (12.6.90.---)
Date: February 15, 2010 03:15PM

phillysportsfan
Lobo was probably too busy watching his Lobos almost lose to Utah in OT last night

Sorry I'm not as excited as you guys about a 3 point squeaker vs Princeton. Their 48 pt output should signal to Cornell fans that they haven't fixed whatever issues hurt them vs Penn. Granted, a win is a win, and a win vs Princeton was doubly important, but the offense still has major issues.

Lobos ranked #12 in the AP, I'm not complaining. Just to put things in perspective for you phillysportsfan, the Lobos were 6-52 all time at the Huntsman Center in Salt Lake City. Any road win in the Mountain West is a good win (we don't take bus rides to road games), especially after a win earlier in the week at UNLV...something this Cornell team has showed us they lack is the ability to execute and win in letdown or trap games.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: February 15, 2010 03:26PM

YankeeLobo
phillysportsfan

Sorry I'm not as excited as you guys about a 3 point squeaker vs Princeton. Their 48 pt output should signal to Cornell fans that they haven't fixed whatever issues hurt them vs Penn. Granted, a win is a win, and a win vs Princeton was doubly important, but the offense still has major issues.

Lobos ranked #12 in the AP, I'm not complaining. Just to put things in perspective for you phillysportsfan, the Lobos were 6-52 all time at the Huntsman Center in Salt Lake City. Any road win in the Mountain West is a good win (we don't take bus rides to road games), especially after a win earlier in the week at UNLV...something this Cornell team has showed us they lack is the ability to execute and win in letdown or trap games.

And Cornell is 26-79 all time @ Princeton. But let's not let facts get in the way of discrediting Cornell's squeaker.

And I'm curious to know where Cornell's "lack of ability to execute and win in trap games" was when they smashed Dartmouth by 34 points the night before the most (nationally) hyped game the league will see this year. I suppose they should have won by 50 that night?

Date: February 15, 2010 04:07PM

Jordan 04
YankeeLobo
phillysportsfan

And Cornell is 26-79 all time @ Princeton. But let's not let facts get in the way of discrediting Cornell's squeaker.

And I'm curious to know where Cornell's "lack of ability to execute and win in trap games" was when they smashed Dartmouth by 34 points the night before the most (nationally) hyped game the league will see this year. I suppose they should have won by 50 that night?

Princeton was a dominant force in the league for years, while Cornell was a dog until 3 years ago. That 26-79 road record shouldn't apply in a year when Cornell is two-time defending Ivy champion and an "at large" quality tournament team as we'd been hearing up until the loss to Penn. The history of New Mexico/Utah is a little more balanced than Princeton/Cornell in terms of the quality of teams each put on the court for the last 60 years. 6-52 is just a BIT worse than 26-79, no?

Point taken on my trap game comment.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: February 15, 2010 04:42PM

YankeeLobo
Jordan 04
YankeeLobo
phillysportsfan

Princeton was a dominant force in the league for years, while Cornell was a dog until 3 years ago. That 26-79 road record shouldn't apply in a year when Cornell is two-time defending Ivy champion and an "at large" quality tournament team as we'd been hearing up until the loss to Penn. The history of New Mexico/Utah is a little more balanced than Princeton/Cornell in terms of the quality of teams each put on the court for the last 60 years. 6-52 is just a BIT worse than 26-79, no?

Point taken on my trap game comment.

I agree completely that the Cornell road record doesn't apply this year. But then nor should the Lobos/Utes historic record in a year when the Lobos are ranked #12 in the nation and the Utes are losing consistently to teams in the 200's and 300's in RPI. New Mexico and Utah are separated by 150 spots in the current RPI rankings. The Cornell/Princeton disparity is about half as wide.

I'm not saying either team's 3 point road squeaker is an impressive win. Both are "a win in a win" type of victories, and shouldn't be treated completely differently by a fan of both teams.

Furthermore, to say that the Princeton game was a continuation of Friday night's troubles denotes at best a failure to watch each game, and at worst, a failure to even look at the boxscores afterwards. The games were entirely different, as were the reason's for the team's struggles. Friday's problems were predominantly on the defensive end. Saturday night the team defense was incredible. Friday night the offense was respectable; the team shot 43% from the field, which includes the need to start forcing shots in the last couple of minutes. Saturday night we shot even better (46%). The lower point total for Cornell on Saturday was largely a product of Princeton taking the full shot clock on every possession.

Posted by: semsox (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 15, 2010 08:29PM

Princeton is #1 in the nation in scoring defense (PPG allowed), but you're totally right. Just a continuation of the problems from Penn.rolleyes

Also, how about some perspective on EXPECTING this team to sweep Penn and Princeton. In the history of the Ivy League, Penn and Princeton have been swept at home 6 times.

Six.

Date: February 15, 2010 09:19PM

You are right that a 48pt output is not good but Princeton basically got to play their slow paced game and we still won. You cant always blow out teams on the road. A lot of that 48pt output has to do with shooting 2/8 from the 3. I think we average about 10 3's a game.

I am still not happy about the Penn loss, mainly because it had to be against Penn, of all teams, their fans belief that Penn/Princeton need to return to dominance for all to be right with the world is so annoying

Big game on Friday @ Harvard, a win would effectively eliminate Harvard
Lets hope Penn knocks off Princeton tomorrow night

Date: February 15, 2010 09:29PM

Jordan 04
The lower point total for Cornell on Saturday was largely a product of Princeton taking the full shot clock on every possession.
Exactly. Princeton plays most of their defense on the offensive end of the floor, running out the clock and minimizing the number of possessions each team has.

Date: February 15, 2010 11:56PM

semsox
Princeton is #1 in the nation in scoring defense (PPG allowed), but you're totally right. Just a continuation of the problems from Penn.rolleyes

Also, how about some perspective on EXPECTING this team to sweep Penn and Princeton. In the history of the Ivy League, Penn and Princeton have been swept at home 6 times.

Six.

In the modern history of Ivy League basketball, how many teams have been ranked? I can think of two, including Cornell this year. Point being, if we were ever to expect a Penn/Princeton sweep, this was the year.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2010 11:59PM by YankeeLobo.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 16, 2010 12:03AM

I am still not happy about the Penn loss, mainly because it had to be against Penn, of all teams, their fans belief that Penn/Princeton need to return to dominance for all to be right with the world is so annoying.

As opposed to our non-annoying quest to dominate all things hockey, lacrosse, and wrestling?

I find a lot of things annoying about Princeton, but high standards for their basketball team is not one.

Date: February 16, 2010 11:18AM

phillysportsfan
You are right that a 48pt output is not good but Princeton basically got to play their slow paced game and we still won. You cant always blow out teams on the road. A lot of that 48pt output has to do with shooting 2/8 from the 3. I think we average about 10 3's a game.

I am still not happy about the Penn loss, mainly because it had to be against Penn, of all teams, their fans belief that Penn/Princeton need to return to dominance for all to be right with the world is so annoying

Big game on Friday @ Harvard, a win would effectively eliminate Harvard
Lets hope Penn knocks off Princeton tomorrow night
Obviously I'm not happy about the loss either, but since I believe we were going to lose to someone in the league, that was as good a loss as we could have had.

We lost to a team that wasn't going to directly affect us later in case of tied for first.
It gave the Penn AD another reason to keep their coach.
It hopefully brought us back to reality, wiping out the talk on the team, if it ever existed, about top 25. Now they can just worry about winning the Ivy, which is really the only thing that matters now.
I think the team responded Sat in a good manner. PU is a good team, they play a defense that we don't like, and they were at home. But we did win.

Obviously I'd like to go undefeated, but having to lose, that wasn't bad. Now to prove my point they need to win out, and show P-P how they can really play at home.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: February 18, 2010 12:00PM

Princeton beat Penn at the Palestra by 7. It looks to me like Penn isn't as bad as their early season would indicate, they just wouldn't play for that coach. Not that we should have lost - much less lost by so much - but the game may look less awful by the end of the season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login