Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell hammers Harvard

Posted by ugarte 
Cornell hammers Harvard
Posted by: ugarte (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: January 30, 2010 08:57PM

Final score 86-50. We covered the DARTMOUTH spread.

Re: Cornell hammers Harvard
Posted by: margolism (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2010 09:04PM

Fewest points Harvard scored all season (including games against top 25 opponents)
Most points Harvard gave up all season

Cornell beat the spread x4, with 4 points to spare.

Posted by: ansky629 (---.wireless.umnet.umich.edu)
Date: January 30, 2010 09:40PM

One word describes that game:

Wow

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 30, 2010 10:14PM

That game was amazing!!! Glad the fans were smart enough to not storm the court after a few people started chanting it.

Posted by: YankeeLobo (---.hsd1.nm.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 03:36AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cornell ranked soon with all these blowout victories. The game over Harvard was a MAJOR statement game, the biggest performance in a statement game for this league in at least a decade. If they keep blowing out opponents, only a matter of time before they climb into the rankings.

Watch out for Princeton, they dominated 2 games on the road this weekend versus Yale and Brown and have a game @ Harvard next Friday. If they win that (and assuming they win their next two versus inferior Dartmouth and Columbia, they will be 4-0 in conference and hosting us at their place Feb 13. Could be a potential upset game.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 10:04AM

Nice tip of the hat at the end of Sports Center this morning. banana

Date: January 31, 2010 10:08AM

Yeah we could become ranked but I dont know how the team would handle it.

Also last year Princeton started 4-0 including a win over us at @ Princeton, only for them to lose 3 straight and collapse. I would think we are not going to take them lightly @Princeton this year after last years loss

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 10:19AM

phillysportsfan
Yeah we could become ranked but I dont know how the team would handle it.
How do you say "hookers and blow" in Ithacese?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2010 11:09AM

Article in The Syracuse Post-Standard. Best part is the pictures at the end.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 11:18AM

Boston Globe: [www.boston.com]

Boston Herald: [www.bostonherald.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2010 11:21AM by Al DeFlorio.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 12:10PM

Jeremy Lin leads all scorers (19). He could've nearly had a double double if turnovers (8) counted. Life is good for now. This game could catapult us up the rankings, or the voters might decide we're high enough and Harvard is, as we've known for a long time, overrated.

Date: January 31, 2010 12:14PM

A lot of Lin's points were in garbage time at the end

Date: January 31, 2010 12:22PM

OK, that was a great game, but why do both the hockey and BB teams have to play at Harvard the same night? At least I'll be able to listen to the BB while watching the hockey. But oh, the parking.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 12:45PM

Jim Hyla
OK, that was a great game, but why do both the hockey and BB teams have to play at Harvard the same night? At least I'll be able to listen to the BB while watching the hockey. But oh, the parking.
Crowded parking on account of all the Harvard fans?

Date: January 31, 2010 03:30PM

Harvard has fans??

Posted by: KGR11 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 31, 2010 09:12PM

Jim Hyla

It's awesome for the band. Since they are the same night, we're going to have a band at each game and just take one bus. Same for Dartmouth as well.

Date: January 31, 2010 09:32PM

Thats great to get the band to go to the away basketball games. Do you guys usually go to the away basketball games or?

The extra media at the game yesterday was really impressed with the band. Some of the comments were "Cornell's band is playing Riverdance theme. They seriously sound like a symphony band. It's unbelievable how good they are." and "Cornell's Pep Band sounds like a Symphony Band. I should have expected that out of an Ivy League school."

Date: January 31, 2010 10:03PM

phillysportsfan
Thats great to get the band to go to the away basketball games. Do you guys usually go to the away basketball games or?

The extra media at the game yesterday was really impressed with the band. Some of the comments were "Cornell's band is playing Riverdance theme. They seriously sound like a symphony band. It's unbelievable how good they are." and "Cornell's Pep Band sounds like a Symphony Band. I should have expected that out of an Ivy League school."
But we knew that; keep up the good work.

Posted by: hugel (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 10:15PM

phillysportsfan

Band went to the Penn game last year . Just the way the scheduling worked out this year, that instead of sending one large band to the hockey game like we normally would, a slightly smaller band will be at both hockey and basketball at both Harvard and Dartmouth. I'm interested to see how the Harvard and Dartmouth bands react to that. The other Ivy bands tend to be against splitting between multiple events and in my experience Harvard was one of the most outspoken bands against doing that. Hopefully enough fans can get to the games so we can take over both the hockey rink and the basketball arena

Date: January 31, 2010 10:31PM

Probably will be hard to take over Harvard for basketball since it is already a sellout unless Cornell fans already got tickets

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2010 02:29AM

hugel
phillysportsfan

Band went to the Penn game last year . Just the way the scheduling worked out this year, that instead of sending one large band to the hockey game like we normally would, a slightly smaller band will be at both hockey and basketball at both Harvard and Dartmouth. I'm interested to see how the Harvard and Dartmouth bands react to that. The other Ivy bands tend to be against splitting between multiple events and in my experience Harvard was one of the most outspoken bands against doing that. Hopefully enough fans can get to the games so we can take over both the hockey rink and the basketball arena

Wasn't Harvard not having a band for ECAC finals a few years back due to them not wanting to split the band between that and another event?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Lauren '06 (128.189.79.---)
Date: February 01, 2010 02:45AM

French Rage
hugel
phillysportsfan

Wasn't Harvard not having a band for ECAC finals a few years back due to them not wanting to split the band between that and another event?
Yes, I believe their women's hockey team was playing in the NCAA tournament that week. An understandable choice if they don't have the manpower to cover both.

Posted by: HeafDog (206.208.181.---)
Date: February 01, 2010 12:38PM

Jim Hyla
OK, that was a great game, but why do both the hockey and BB teams have to play at Harvard the same night?

I tried emailing everyone on the Harvard Athletic Department staff, asking them if they could possibly stagger the two games, but, perhaps unsurprisingly, got nary a peep in response. Decisions, decisions. I don't even have any idea where the hoops court is. Is it anywhere close to Bright? Is it feasible to run over and watch hoops during the intermissions in hockey?

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 01, 2010 01:03PM

Close enough that you won't even need a jacket, even if it's the usual frigid February night in Boston.

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.cst.lightpath.net)
Date: February 02, 2010 01:23PM

HeafDog
Jim Hyla
OK, that was a great game, but why do both the hockey and BB teams have to play at Harvard the same night?

I tried emailing everyone on the Harvard Athletic Department staff, asking them if they could possibly stagger the two games, but, perhaps unsurprisingly, got nary a peep in response. Decisions, decisions. I don't even have any idea where the hoops court is. Is it anywhere close to Bright? Is it feasible to run over and watch hoops during the intermissions in hockey?

Basketball @ Harvard game is sold out.

Not like the good ole days when you could alternate between the venues at your leisure. Harvard and Cornell basketball are now legitimate.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: February 02, 2010 02:18PM

CM cWo 44
Harvard and Cornell basketball are now legitimate.

Well, you're half right, I guess. :-D

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 02, 2010 10:22PM

Jordan 04
CM cWo 44
Harvard and Cornell basketball are now legitimate.

Well, you're half right, I guess. :-D

So by this logic, after Harvard's stellar showing in the Beanpot seats should be available at Bright because clearly the hockey team is as illegitimate as a John Edwards campaign worker's baby.starwars

Posted by: HeafDog (207.237.253.---)
Date: February 02, 2010 11:47PM

CM cWo 44
HeafDog
Jim Hyla

Basketball @ Harvard game is sold out.

Not like the good ole days when you could alternate between the venues at your leisure. Harvard and Cornell basketball are now legitimate.

I guess this means less of a chance of running over to watch hoops during intermissions of the hockey game, unless I buy an SRO ticket to hoops or something.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login