Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell Basketball 2010-2011

Posted by YankeeLobo 
Cornell Basketball 2010-2011
Posted by: YankeeLobo (71.216.241.---)
Date: January 12, 2010 06:03PM

With the departures of Wittman, Foote, Dale, Jaques, Reeves, Tyler, etc., does anyone have an outlook for what the team will look like next year, where we will be projected to finish in the league? It would be nice to build off this 3-year run and make ourselves the new Penn/Princeton of 90s/early 00's, but I understand that's a difficult thing to do in the Ivy League. The only underclassmen that get any playing time are Wroblewski, Wire and Groebe.

Taking that into consideration, I wonder what Donahue's plans are for next season and beyond. Something tells me his value as a head coach has probably never been higher after how much publicity this Cornell team has gotten and is bound to receive as we approach the tournament. If ever he decided to leave, now would be the time.

Thoughts?

Re: Cornell Basketball 2010-2011
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: January 12, 2010 07:55PM

YankeeLobo
With the departures of Wittman, Foote, Dale, Jaques, Reeves, Tyler, etc., does anyone have an outlook for what the team will look like next year, where we will be projected to finish in the league? It would be nice to build off this 3-year run and make ourselves the new Penn/Princeton of 90s/early 00's, but I understand that's a difficult thing to do in the Ivy League. The only underclassmen that get any playing time are Wroblewski, Wire and Groebe.

Taking that into consideration, I wonder what Donahue's plans are for next season and beyond. Something tells me his value as a head coach has probably never been higher after how much publicity this Cornell team has gotten and is bound to receive as we approach the tournament. If ever he decided to leave, now would be the time.

Thoughts?

File this away until April, sit back and enjoy this season? doh

Why do people have a hard time just enjoying the moment instead of worrying about things in the future, especially things we have very limited (or no) control regarding the outcome? panic

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 12, 2010 08:34PM

Rita
File this away until April, sit back and enjoy this season? doh Why do people have a hard time just enjoying the moment instead of worrying about things in the future, especially things we have very limited (or no) control regarding the outcome? panic
Didn't you, the minute Max Seibald finished his freshman year, start fretting over the lacrosse team's fate four seasons into the future? And we were right to fret because, it's here now.

The glass is half-empty. Emphatically.

Posted by: semsox (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 12, 2010 08:42PM

I'm with Rita on this one. For better or worse, this year very well could be the best chance we'll have to see the team win a tournament game for the rest of our lives (and I'm saying this as a recent alum.) There will be plenty of downtime between the end of this season and next

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 12, 2010 08:48PM

Rita
Why do people have a hard time just enjoying the moment instead of worrying about things in the future, especially things we have very limited (or no) control regarding the outcome? panic

That's what I tell passengers.

Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 15, 2010 03:06PM

YankeeLobo

Thoughts?

Cornell will be underrated next year. Nevertheless, the future looks very bright. The Big Red return a nice core group with Wroblewski, Groebe, Coury, Peck, and Wire. Cornell also adds an immediate impact transfer in Anthony Gatlin, a 6'8" forward who is sitting out this year, but is on the team. We are also in deep with 2 other very good D-I transfers, both could play next season and have All-Ivy talent.

We also have some very good freshman guards for next year, in particular, Dom Scelfo, who turned down a whole bunch of scholarships to play at Cornell, including a pretty good offer from Tulane of Conference USA.

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login